[Discussion] Serious question: Will she die??? (Akame ga Kill)

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do not read unless u r caught up to the manga

So do u think Mine is going to die? The manga ending with Tatsumi x Mine happy gives off that whole happy ending vibe and AgK just doesn't feel like that kind of manga. I mean look at Akame, near the end of this manga she is going to have to kill her own little sister. AgK feels like the type of manga that will end with a somber feel to it. I see it as Kinda like how even though each of them endured heavy personal loss Night Raid endured because what they were striving for was bigger than themselves.

The only problem is that currently Tatsumi's drive is protecting those close to him. If he fails to protect Mine he might snap or give up, :sweat: but even then that is good character development. :| having the rest of Night Raid pick Tatsumi back up after losing Mine sounds good story-wise and it gives Tatsumi the determination to win against the empire even if it means his death.

Now of course Mine doesn't have to die. The manga could just end with her still in a coma or she could develop amnesia for some reason or another, but just can't see this manga ending with a happy couple.

Anyway what is ur opinion?

Reactions: Conspirator.

ToadSageNaruto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, just saw the ending. I doubt the author would give away his own ending. Besides I am not a big fan of killing off MCs
forgot where i read it, on mobile so it'd be a hassle to find now. but that was the case. hope the negative backlash caused him to change his mind tho. & give the manga an individual ending. however the main character (akame) didnt die, the deuteragonist tatsumi did. i think he still will too, in some heroic fashion.

Conspirator.

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Isn't it confired that the anime deaths will occur in the manga, but with minor plot differences, like the rest of Wild Hunt for example? I hope it's different though like you said.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
forgot where i read it, on mobile so it'd be a hassle to find now. but that was the case. hope the negative backlash caused him to change his mind tho. & give the manga an individual ending. however the main character (akame) didnt die, the deuteragonist tatsumi did. i think he still will too, in some heroic fashion.
Actually Tatsumi is the MC. He gets more panel time and the series started with him:|

ToadSageNaruto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually Tatsumi is the MC. He gets more panel time and the series started with him:|
all about those title credits bro. lol tatsumi doesn't possess the plot armor in this one.

might i add that his death was less than satisfactory in the anime. so i'm truly hoping that the mangaka said screw his original intentions and revised it.

Last edited:

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hopefuly she does, or at least she's written out by some other, non-extreme way. I dislike Mine with a passion.

The last page said ''four left'', so she's obviously down for the count. I don't think she'll wake up anytime soon, but i better not see her coming back out of nowhere during the final battle and saving Tatsumi or something like that. Please no...

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
all about those title credits bro. lol tatsumi doesn't possess the plot armor in this one.

might i add that his death was less than satisfactory in the anime. so i'm truly hoping that the mangaka said screw his original intentions and revised it.
I am currently reading a manga where the person in the title died less than 20 chapters in :| and she was a main character, but not the protagonists

Last edited:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i can't tell you about that manga. only this one. and in this one, only the character in the title credits lives. :coffee:
The captain lived in the anime :|
Besides I know that Alame will be the last to fall, but she isn't the MC and in this manga even the MC can die

Last edited:

ToadSageNaruto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The captain lived in the anime :|
Besides I know that Alame will be the last to fall, but she isn't the MC and in this manga even the MC can die
yes, najenda lived in the anime. as i've already stated above. not like thats news to me. also it isn't as though she's some big factor. just a figure head. rarely ever fights. no teigu. other words, least relevant.

akame may die in battle, but I'm doubting it. and tatsumi's good as dead. he's even been poisoned. you not liking MC's dying won't keep them alive. lol say your goodbyes. sorry dude. only one w/ any chance of survival .. akame.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yes, najenda lived in the anime. as i've already stated above. not like thats news to me. also it isn't as though she's some big factor. just a figure head. rarely ever fights. no teigu. other words, least relevant.

akame may die in battle, but I'm doubting it. and tatsumi's good as dead. he's even been poisoned. you not liking MC's dying won't keep them alive. lol say your goodbyes. sorry dude. only one w/ any chance of survival .. akame.
I was saying that Tatsumi can die and he has already been affected by the poison. He wasn't supposed to make it how the castle but yet he is still kicking. Tatsumi collapsed from the poison but if he is still find it was probably cuz they either treated him already or thanks to incursio's adaptability adapting to the poison. Either way if he was going to die from Poison he'd be dead by now

ToadSageNaruto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was saying that Tatsumi can die and he has already been affected by the poison. He wasn't supposed to make it how the castle but yet he is still kicking. Tatsumi collapsed from the poison but if he is still find it was probably cuz they either treated him already or thanks to incursio's adaptability adapting to the poison. Either way if he was going to die from Poison he'd be dead by now
oh well yea, i agree. still think the poison will get him in the long run. but lets say incursio did save him from the poison. incursio may just be what kills him in the end. i mean its already affecting him as we can see one of his eyes didn't revert. his doom's pretty much impending either way you slice it. i'd love for him to survive. however i know better.

EDIT: when i said figurehead it was in regards to the world in the story. she's night raid's leader. a former general. she's the symbol of revolution. however she doesn't do much, hence just being a figure head.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
oh well yea, i agree. still think the poison will get him in the long run. but lets say incursio did save him from the poison. incursio may just be what kills him in the end. i mean its already affecting him as we can see one of his eyes didn't revert. his doom's pretty much impending either way you slice it. i'd love for him to survive. however i know better.
U never know Lol, but I doubt that incursio will kill him it looks like it is fusing with him so there might come a time where Tatsumi has to be put down. He did tell incursio that it could have whatever it wants it. That is worse case scenario though.

I would also worry about Akame's trump card though. A Teigu that deadly which even someone of Akame's skill level can't bring out will be dangerous