ZK

Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
20,716💴
Awards
Seoyeong

Seoyeong is heavily forested, renowned for the sheer size of some of the ancient trees in the area. A variety of smaller ninja clans have recently established themselves here, starting a conflict with the logging villages and small, rural communities that call it home. Unbeknownst to most Seoyeong is also the site of an ancient Senju Clan compound, hidden by a maze of thick trees that seem to confuse all who venture into it.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
82💸
Kumi
7,118💴
Awards
Spawning in LM
---------------------------------------
Mugetsu spawns with Yoru hidden within his cloak. He takes a look at Cassander while assessing the situation.

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
156💸
Kumi
120💴
Bio in description or [here]

You must be registered for see images

Chapter 1: Where the Druffalo Roam...

I had been away from home for so long. I couldn't imagine then the journey I'd be taking now. It was a nice change but...I was alone. If I died here and now, it wouldn't have mattered. It was quite a bleak outlook from when I was ready to leave home. That's what happens when you don't do your research or plan ahead. I was at a loss at what to do at this point because I was out of money and food. I was so tired and hungry that I even thought of killing for food.

*stomach gurgles*

"Ugh...when was the last time I ate anything?"

I knew I had to eat but I was starting to get weak.

"Oh no...don't tell me...am I...am I dying?"

"(Whimsical) Not unless you are allergic to carrots?"

Coming to my senses, I realized soon enough that I had fallen on a farmer's field full of carrots.

"Was this field always here?" I replied quite shocked.

"(Cheeky)Yep. Ever since my Dad planted it."

Looking at the kid, he looked quite proud talking about his father. I would have done the same had my father planted...what were they again? Oh right...carrots. *snorts* Hah! Anyways, I took a better look at him. He had the typical farmboy attire I used to don so long ago.Yes I used to be a farmboy mind you.

He seemed quite content with his life which was a breath of fresh air from travelling to other places. It seemed all people share one thing - no one could ever be happy. It almost seemed as if no one WANTED to be happy. But that was just an observation.

"You okay mister? You look...(laughs)...you look like my mom when she's mashin' potatoes."

"(Confused) Why would she be...wait...how exactly does she look like?"

I asked because he kept laughing hard. But moreso, I understood what it meant to be a kid and just want to talk to someone and be heard. Especially when everyone seems to be too busy to talk. I listened intently and even faked a laugh, although to be honest, his smirk as he described his story to me was priceless. After listening to his story, he grabbed my hand firmly and motioned me to go to his house.

"(Excited) Come inside with me. My mom is making food soon and it was cool talking to you."

As he dragged me to his house I looked at the place. It wasn't anything special to be quite frank but it was "their" home. And I really can't hate on that could I? The farmhouse looked quite dilapidated not to mention. I could see there was several wooden planks around but if my observations were correct, it seemed like there was no other adult male presence than my own and the kid. I was more curious to know what was the true story here. But I knew I could only find out more by going inside and finding out the true tea.

Silly me. Did I forget to tell you the little tike's name?

*rewinds back as they begin walking towards the house*

"I never really asked..."

"It's Richard."

"Why did you assume I was going to ask your name, Richard?"

Richard stops and looks at me.

"If you remember someone's name, you'll never forget them."

Richard ran ahead of me and into the house. He didn't look upset but by the tone in his voice, he really felt strongly about never forgetting someone.

Wait...

He didn't ask MY name. The travesty. It's okay. I'll teach that little bugger my name and he WILL remember it.

*laughs maniacally*

"Hey mister! You coming inside or not?"

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
156💸
Kumi
120💴
I stood there by the door unsure of what I should say. I especially didn't want to disrespect the chance for a free meal and a place to sleep for the night. I had been so focused on getting to the next village to find out more information. You see I was trying to find a sensei. Someone who could teach me the ways of the world and would help me hone my craft...whatever that was. I had the drive and energy to make any of my dreams come true but I lacked "purpose". I was looking for a cause - a struggle to fight. I always dreamed of being a knight and I especially was enamored with the code they stood by. While I could tell you what those rules are, I'd rather show you an example of one.

I decided to enter the small abode and present myself. I had passed out on their front lawn so to speak. I didn't want to be a bad guest and not ask for compensation. I could have died...well no...I exaggerate. I dropped dead on their carrot patch and wanted them to treat the wounds of...no. I am such a bad liar though. I could never lie to their faces.

"(Prideful) Hello mam. My name is Schtolteheim Reinbach III. I was just..."

"No it's not. You told me your name was..."

Yes I placed my hand over his mouth. Little squirt was about to reveal my identity. I didn't want her to know who I was. At least not yet.

"My apologies. Richard forgot that that was my childhood name and I don't want to be reminded of my past."

"Oh did something bad happen to you?"

She spoke quite softly and sweetly. But that facade couldn't fool me. She clearly gave glances out the window and out the door. It was like she was getting nervous for no reason. I know I can smell sometimes but sheesh. The opportunity was too good to pass up.

"Is something the matter milady?"

Oh right...before we continue. I should have mentioned this earlier. When you read my voice - do pretend I am speaking in a cockney accent. I always wanted one and this is my only outlet. >_>

*Continue*

"..No..I...my Name is Margaret by the way."

"Okay. Now I know you're definitely not even paying attention to me. What's wrong?"

"......"

"I can help. If it's that bad then I can assure you I know my way around a blade."

She took a deep sigh. Probably from all that stress she seemed to be carrying. I say this because she slumped down into a chair and told me to grab a bottle that was on a nearby shelf. I took two small shotglasses and placed them on the table in front of her. I grabbed a chair as well and looked at her. She couldn't really tell because my hair was always running down my face. Maybe once I have enough coins I can get my hair cut in a fancy trend like I saw during my hometown's summer festivals. Anyways, I served myself a cup of what seemed like sake.

"Ugh! What is this horse****!?"

"It's called sake."

The smug on her face as she saw me retch was...to say the least - humiliating. That's why I swore off alcohol and after another incident, I really stuck to it. Let's just say we both got wasted. It wasn't what you would expect of a knight - far from it. This story isn't about how I upheld those rules. No. This is a story about learning the importance of those rules and why they exist.

After much talking about mundane life, which at that point, we both shared in common. She began spilling the real tea.

"Have you ever heard of the Hidden Village nearby?"

At that time, I really had no idea what it was. But paying attention to her saddened expression, I could tell that therein lied a past full of sorrow and regret. How would I know such a thing you ask? It's all in the details. She clearly felt threatened and possibly alone which got me to think - was that child really hers?

"No but I do remember reading about it in my hometown's library. But I assume you are asking me because you want to tell me about it, non? Don't worry about me. I have time on my hands. All daylight and moonlight."

She chuckled softly. It was nice to see a beautiful smile. It was refreshing.

"Oh don't make me blush. I just like helping people and sometimes people just want to be heard."

She let down her guard. I could see it as clear as day. But I had to keep my composure. This sounded like something serious.

"My husband and I...we used to be a part of that village. We witnessed the death of one of our dear comrades. He was a well-respected man, never giving in to greed or politics. We all looked up to him. But after that man from the east came, things changed...his heart changed."

I could tell he was important to her. She clutched her robe above her breasts. This wasn't just any man to her.

"I...I should have said something. But when I found out he had ordered the death of my husband, I couldn't remain there. I made a mistake that day by not going with Earl on that expedition. Now he's..."

I cried a little too. It was an emotional story. She really...sold it. But I knew the truth or at least what I knew to be true.

"(Coy) Margaret, Margaret, Margaret. When will you learn that it's not good to lie to the illegitimate son of your husband."

Yes I was there. I was clearly there when I saw her club my father to death. She thought no one was looking but I saw everything.

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
156💸
Kumi
120💴
I saw the surprise in her eyes. Her eyebrows sky high and the focus in her eyes. She had believed me. I could imagine all the gears in her head finally connecting and moving the information into the right places. But tell me honestly, what is really the truth?

"Oh don't look at me like that. You damn well know who I am."

I said it quite angrily. There was a definite force behind it. I could feel the pain he felt. I was always right about these things or at least that is how strongly I felt.

"I...I don't know. I don't remember you."

She looked more nervous than before. Her fear had taken her. Her skin slowly lost color as well as taking her composure with it.

"Then why are you scared?"

That was the true question. What had she been hiding from me. Why was it so important to...

"Nothing."

She interrupted me and my train of thought. But while she was trying to get my attention - which I interpreted as a way to distract me - she began inching her right hand towards a knife on the meager farmer's table. Nightfall had overtaken the old farmhouse, blanketing the landscape in darkness. The soft white stars were twinkling and in the distance could be heard the loud snore of the little tike. He was fast asleep atop his bed, unaware of the dangers that lurked nearby.

I could feel my heart racing. I was young and scared too. But I believed in what I was fighting. I wanted to bring justice to my friend. All I wanted was to give him a goodbye gift. He was the only person in my life who could make me smile. I quite enjoyed that because...

I caught a glimpse of her grabbing the knife finally and swinging her right arm towards me. She used that opportunity to get me to put down my guard. It would have been genius were it not for the fact that we were in a small space and slightly intoxicated. At best her swing almost grazed my arm. The nerve!

I grabbed her arm and squeezed it tight. I didn't want this to escalate in the house the little tike slept in. No child should ever fear to sleep at night like I did.

"Let's take this outside like real adults."

If she wanted a fight I would give her one - even at the expense of my life. However, I don't give up easily when I am passionate for what I do. And this moment, I hope it's my turn to shine.