Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well first Children of Tiamat training thread, so have to set a good precedent for what is to come. So as much as I want to meme about Tiamat and her glorious bathwater, I'll probably leave that out. Especially since I have a personal connection to the Children of Tiamat, being that I made it and all.

Reference

What is the symbolic relevance of the Sea of Life? And I don't mean it's abilities in the roleplay. But I mean why is it called the Sea of Life? What is Tiamat in a symbolic sense?

• Angry
Reactions: Goetia

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Tiamat, to my knowledge is the source of life in the RP's ninja world, it's called the sea of life because it's meant to represent the primordial source of life itself, in the real world all life is said to have begun in the ocean with single cell organisms being formed over millions of years, lore wise Tiamat is meant to represent that, she is the ocean that gave life to everything, Tiamat is in a sense the sea of life itself, it's avatar or manifestation, it's will.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She is the source of life in the RP. For inspiration, I asked myself what came before the Ten-Tails. Life in all forms existed well before Hagoromo had distributed chakra to humanity. So that is basically the role Tiamat filled; she is the primordial creator. And in the second NW saga, we'll find out eventually where Tiamat comes from. So far it has been alluded to that she was born from the concept of 'chaos.' Which is basically just the state of the universe before Tiamat existed. From it she sprung forward and created the first gods and lifeforms.

And yes, that is what the Sea of Life represents. The concept of where all life originated from, both in the RP and in life (though Christians would have you believe otherwise).

So, let's start with their intrinsic abilities. The first, detection of all living beings within the same landmark. What do you think the inspiration for this one was? What are its limits? Can it work on a Hayabusa, for example?

• Angry
Reactions: Venom

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
I believe the inspiration is that the sea itself being the source of all life, being the link between all life, is inside the body of Tiamat and her children. I believe if we establish that all things are born of the sea of life, that indeed even the Hayabusa would be detectable. I think if I recall their ability erases based on chakra enhanced senses also, being as this isn't a chakra based sensory I believe it should work.

The inspiration as I mention seems to be the link all life shares with the sea of life, though the range of this sensory is one landmark, limited no doubt by those who doubt in the mothers glory.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This can indeed detect a Hayabusa's life force, even though their form of sensory doesn't allow for sixth sense. So this is based on Tiamat's existence itself; Tiamat isn't just a being or a goddess in the RP. She is the very 'concept' of life. And she is inextricably bound to all living things. This power extends to her children, conferring that awareness to all life. The only exception to this is when a Hayabusa removes themselves from existence entirely. At that point you can't detect them.

The next is obvious. So we won't touch on the increased health. But why do you think Children of Tiamat reduce critical damage?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
This can indeed detect a Hayabusa's life force, even though their form of sensory doesn't allow for sixth sense. So this is based on Tiamat's existence itself; Tiamat isn't just a being or a goddess in the RP. She is the very 'concept' of life. And she is inextricably bound to all living things. This power extends to her children, conferring that awareness to all life. The only exception to this is when a Hayabusa removes themselves from existence entirely. At that point you can't detect them.

The next is obvious. So we won't touch on the increased health. But why do you think Children of Tiamat reduce critical damage?
I believe they reduce critical damage because of the alterations to their body, critical damage is reliant on the body having locations that are vital to the survival of the being. Children of Tiamat are part of the sea of life, they can be healed by it and their bodies are altered by it, essentially they have less weakness than the average human, they're tougher more advanced and superior thanks to the sea of life and Tiamat's gifts.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Exactly. It's the best way I could capture it in the RP, but the Children of Tiamat essentially have their bodies altered to give some protection to vital points and other commonly struck spots outside of their immediate awareness. So that's sort of the inspiration for that one.

Now, tell me about the Sea of Life specifically. What is it? What is the Amino-Geis? Where can the Sea of Life manifest do you think?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Exactly. It's the best way I could capture it in the RP, but the Children of Tiamat essentially have their bodies altered to give some protection to vital points and other commonly struck spots outside of their immediate awareness. So that's sort of the inspiration for that one.

Now, tell me about the Sea of Life specifically. What is it? What is the Amino-Geis? Where can the Sea of Life manifest do you think?
The sea of life is Tiamat herself in many ways, it represents the primorial life that everything was born from, It's a powerful ability and behaves neutrally to everything in the roleplay as far as I know. The sea of life manifests as something similar to a black mud, which carries with it the amino-geis, which allows for the subversion and manipulation of other lifeforms. As for where it can manifest, I believe it must start from my own body when I'm using it, I can't just create it freely in the enviroment, as far as I know anyway.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good. So essentially all techniques involving the Sea of Life, bar one or two, are intrinsically enhanced by the Amino-Geis. This is a very powerful skill because it isn't as simple as to say it is just a form of mind control, spiritual or otherwise. It is an actual restructuring of an organism on a genetic level. That's why reversing the effects of it are extremely difficult, if not outright impossible.

The default equation for influence here is that a Jounin can corrupt another Jounin within 2 turns of sustained contact with the Sea, or three separate instances of contact. This duration increases or decreases with the relative rank difference between the two. The differences in time here represent the dilution of a Child of Tiamat's skill over the Amino-Geis and Sea of Life compared to Tiamat herself. With Tiamat a moment of exposure regardless of one's skill or rank would have subjected them to the corruption. This happened to a few of the shinobi that fought her in Arc 10, two or three if I recall correctly.

And yes, you're correct. You can't just freely form it in the environment. That's why your idea for the Rain Ninjutsu + Sea of Life wouldn't really work. And any technique that changes the state the Sea of Life is in (Vile Haze, we will see this later), will lose the effects of the Amino-Geis.

Any questions?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
No questions, you explained it really well, and yeah when you mentioned that question I went to double check what the Sea of Life rules said and realised I'm the source, so it'll limit some of my options, like that particular one.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Seimei no Umi) – The Sea of Life
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 40 – 60
Damage: 80 – 100
Description: The Sea of Life is the principle and signature skill of all Children of Tiamat; like Tiamat, it is a manifestation of their will and an extension of their own bodies. In essence, the Sea of Life emulates the concept of all life being born from the sea. Unlike the All-Mother, the Children of Tiamat expend considerable chakra when accessing this technique, or its variants. The black mud can be generated from any part of the user’s body and is of extraordinarily high density, allowing it to easily engulf and overcome physical obstacles. When used the scale of this technique can vary depending on the rank used; at its highest rank it can surpass even that of Water Release: Great Waterfall. Through physical force alone it can overwhelm multiple opponents, carrying immense concussive force. The user is able to release the mud from their body in any shape that they choose, limited only by their imagination and rank. The technique carries with it the Amino-Geis, forcibly converting whoever is caught into a slave of the user. The mud can be blocked or sealed, although it must respect neutrality and damage values. S-Rank applications can be used thrice per battle, once every two turns.

First technique then.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
(Seimei no Umi) – The Sea of Life
Chakra: 40 – 60
Damage: 80 – 100
Description: The Sea of Life is the principle and signature skill of all Children of Tiamat; like Tiamat, it is a manifestation of their will and an extension of their own bodies. In essence, the Sea of Life emulates the concept of all life being born from the sea. Unlike the All-Mother, the Children of Tiamat expend considerable chakra when accessing this technique, or its variants. The black mud can be generated from any part of the user’s body and is of extraordinarily high density, allowing it to easily engulf and overcome physical obstacles. When used the scale of this technique can vary depending on the rank used; at its highest rank it can surpass even that of Water Release: Great Waterfall. Through physical force alone it can overwhelm multiple opponents, carrying immense concussive force. The user is able to release the mud from their body in any shape that they choose, limited only by their imagination and rank. The technique carries with it the Amino-Geis, forcibly converting whoever is caught into a slave of the user. The mud can be blocked or sealed, although it must respect neutrality and damage values. S-Rank applications can be used thrice per battle, once every two turns.

First technique then.
Cool, this seems like the standard sort of "tools" esque move for the sea of life, it allows you to simply release the sea of life from their body in the form of the black mud. Although it carries the inherent property of the substance regardless of the shape I think? So for example I couldn't make a tangible sword of black mud using this that I could wield like a sword perhaps? Since it's a liquid substance inherently? I think that's really the only question I have since the rest is pretty clear I'd say.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, you could. It would retain its form. Similar to how you'd form a sword of water.

(Seimei no Umi: Jinsei no Tōtatsu) – Sea of Life: Long Reach of Life
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra: 50 (-10 per turn)
Damage: 90 each arm
Description: Derived from the Sea of Life, this technique allows the user to shape up to two autonomous arms from their backs. Formed from the Sea of Life itself, the arms possess a higher level of autonomy that allows the arms to operate entirely independent of the user but must remain attached to their back, siphoning chakra passively. The arms possess mid-range reach and, through the Sea’s extraordinary density, can smash physical obstacles, shatter bones, and overwhelm defenses with relative ease. The technique is naturally imbued with the Amino-Geis. Once per turn the arms can produce their own small blasts of Sea of Life material from their tips or hands, depending on how they are shaped. These blasts possess the same physical strength as the arms themselves. This technique can be used three times per battle, and last for three turns.

So as we go a lot of my work on these techniques was to set precedent, aside from the first. The Sea of Life technique is simply there as a general all purpose technique. This one serves to set precedent for autonomous familiars made of chakra. And while this technique is limited to arms, of various shapes and sizes, it sets the precedent of what you can make with customs outside of that. The Sea of Life when used by Tiamat was devoid of any chakra; but the addition of the two allows for the creation of a familiar. Normally that wouldn't be possible. Though with Tiamat she could form new lifeforms out of purely Sea material. So familiars are both useless and redundant to her.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Oh nice, that gives me a lotta ideas for customs, I suppose the only question I have about this is since they are autonomous and I see no mention of like move cost, can these arms be used each turn with no move cost or do they cost a move to inflict the 90 damage via punches/blasts and would the fingertip blasts carry amino-geis as well as the fists which do.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They'd cost a move, as well as a slot in the timeframe obviously. And yes, the blasts carry Amino-Geis.

(Seimei no Umi: Genshitekina Sai Keisei) – Sea of Life: Primordial Reshaping
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A (Self)
Chakra: 50 (-20 per turn)
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique generates Sea of Life material through the user’s own veins, derived from Takauji Ashikaga’s use of Voidborne Corruption. The purpose of Primordial Reshaping is to, with a limited amount of Sea of Life, allow the user to flow it through their form and reshape their body to a limited degree. With this technique the user can grow in size, up to a maximum of twice their current size, or grow smaller. The user can grow additional limbs, or heal lost limbs. They can grow horns, tails, claws, wings to fly, or chitinous armor on their body. When activated, regardless of the changes that the user wills, their skin will turn a darker ash grey. The technique will heal the user for 80 health (40 per turn) and increase their speed by 3.0x for its duration, following the type of alteration they make. For example, if they grow stronger legs then the user will run faster. If they grow wings then the user will fly faster. This technique can be used two times per battle, once per opponent. It lasts for four turns and cannot be used once it expires for three turns.

The Sea of Life's Ring of Hell-esque technique. Though I'd argue this one is stronger. This technique really shows how reliant a Child of Tiamat is on the Sea of Life's presence. Without it, a lot of their techniques are straight up unusable. This is going to apply to a lot of the customs you eventually submit for the clan. It is a big weakness, and one that has to be counteracted if you want to be successful.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Yeah seems like a very cool steroid, but with limitations mainly relying on the presence of the sea of life, I probably won't lure many victims to the Hokubu ocean, so making moves that flood the field with the sea of life in various ways, and creates more sources, that'll be ideal.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Heiruzu) – Vile Haze
Type: Offensive
Chakra: 60
Damage: 120
Description: A technique cast on Sea of Life material currently on the battlefield, or from the user’s own mouth. The technique essentially converts Sea of Life material, in its mud state in either the user’s body or in the surrounding environment, into a toxic black vapor. The black smog, when produced from the user’s body, will fill an area mid-range around them. When used from Sea of Life material, the smog will form in a one range-radius larger than the applied quantity; for example, if the user uses this on a pool of Sea of Life that is short-range in radius, the vapor will fill an area equivalent to mid-range. The toxic vapor is remarkably hot, capable of melting solid matter although it cannot harm the user or their Sea of Life familiars in any way. It is extremely hazardous to living things not currently influenced by the Sea of Life, meaning other Children of Tiamat are immune to the effects of this technique. Vile Haze also does not carry with it the intrinsic properties of the Amino-Geis. This technique can be used three times per battle.

Alright so this technique is about phase changing the Sea of Life. Its description is obvious enough, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I won't really get into it. Note a few specific things about it though; you and your familiars, be it shinobi you control through Amino or familiars you create through Birth of New Life (we will learn it soon), are immune to its effects. But this also includes other Children of Tiamat and their familiars.

Most importantly, it also shows that the Sea of Life loses its Amino-Geis when it isn't in a liquid state. So you can always turn the Sea into a solid or gas, but it means it loses that characteristic. So you want to be sure you're going to benefit from it, whether you do it with a custom or not. What sort of ideas does this create for you?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
(Heiruzu) – Vile Haze
Type: Offensive
Chakra: 60
Damage: 120
Description: A technique cast on Sea of Life material currently on the battlefield, or from the user’s own mouth. The technique essentially converts Sea of Life material, in its mud state in either the user’s body or in the surrounding environment, into a toxic black vapor. The black smog, when produced from the user’s body, will fill an area mid-range around them. When used from Sea of Life material, the smog will form in a one range-radius larger than the applied quantity; for example, if the user uses this on a pool of Sea of Life that is short-range in radius, the vapor will fill an area equivalent to mid-range. The toxic vapor is remarkably hot, capable of melting solid matter although it cannot harm the user or their Sea of Life familiars in any way. It is extremely hazardous to living things not currently influenced by the Sea of Life, meaning other Children of Tiamat are immune to the effects of this technique. Vile Haze also does not carry with it the intrinsic properties of the Amino-Geis. This technique can be used three times per battle.

Alright so this technique is about phase changing the Sea of Life. Its description is obvious enough, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I won't really get into it. Note a few specific things about it though; you and your familiars, be it shinobi you control through Amino or familiars you create through Birth of New Life (we will learn it soon), are immune to its effects. But this also includes other Children of Tiamat and their familiars.

Most importantly, it also shows that the Sea of Life loses its Amino-Geis when it isn't in a liquid state. So you can always turn the Sea into a solid or gas, but it means it loses that characteristic. So you want to be sure you're going to benefit from it, whether you do it with a custom or not. What sort of ideas does this create for you?
Well it lets me know that you can state change the sea of life to a burning toxic vapour, so it gives a unique way to cause damage, it makes me think of Mei's boil release a little bit, in terms of making customs with it, it'd be especially effective with large scale customs, the more sea of life you have to convert the larger the attack radius after all. Losing the Amino-Geis is a large trade off, but the extra damage is nice, would all vaporised sea of life carry the additional damage? I notice Vile Haze is quite a bit stronger than the average S rank.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, you would. You can think bigger too. Certainly you can make gas state customs on it. But you could experiment with other states too. Even phase transitions themselves. It emphasizes the versatility you can achieve with it.

(Akaihoshi no Me) – Eye of the Red Star
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Chakra: N/A (+50 chakra cost to applied technique)
Damage: N/A
Description: An enhancement cast through the user’s body as an extension to their techniques by infusing a considerable amount of chakra into them, along with trace amounts of the Sea of Life, occurring within the same timeframe. This causes any technique of the user’s to be augmented with a curse that is cast through the Sea of Life. The curse, much like the tether formed through Hungry Ghost, forms a bond through traditional counters against the user’s techniques. When the user’s techniques either strike the opponent or a source of their chakra the curse will bind to it. Those afflicted will suffer from physically debilitating effects; their maximum health will be reduced by 10 points, all damage they receive will be increased by 10% if directly struck, and they must spend 10% increased chakra for all of their techniques, not counting as additional chakra input but simply strain on their reserves. The health reduction does not count as damage, it simply counts as a reduction in maximum reserves. When the tether is broken the opponent will receive their lost health back, not including any damage sustained in the time before then. Effects of Eye of the Red Star can stack per clash between techniques, amplifying the negative effects considerably. The tether effect of Eye of the Red Star can be blocked or broken through techniques that include Yin-Yang Release or Natural Energy of equivalent chakra to the technique used. The infusion of Red Star does not count toward additional chakra infusion, simply increased strain on reserves. This technique can be used four times per battle.

Okay there's a lot to take in with the next technique. First off, this is a tether. What inspired it initially was everyone's innate connection to life. So it would be easy to connect with them using their chakra as the connection. The point of this technique is to really stack up the debuff. So every time you trigger it, you'll layer the effects on. Pretty straight forward. One instance is -10 HP and 10% chakra, a second instance is 20 HP and 20% chakra, up to a max of 40 health/40% chakra use. Dispelling it works in the same way that getting rid of any Yin or Yang effect works - Natural Energy or a surge of Yin or Yang of equivalent chakra to the technique that applied it, not counting the additional 50 chakra you infused of course.

This should inspire a lot of customs, especially since of how similar it is to Yin's HG, and the effects of Yang's own debilitating techniques.