Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After all the years having passed by. Finally will progress the sharingan further. Thanks Zat. Not 100 sure on what your style of training is though. ie if your RP heavy or the other style

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I'm currently at a single tomoe and it's been a few years since I got there but... I'll see what I can remember.
The Sharingan is a Kekkai Genkai belonging to the Uchiha clan. It translates to Copy-Wheel Eye and is a Dojutsu type which refers to an eye technique. It has a range of abilities including:
  • Tracking Movement - Each level of the Sharingan allows the user to be able to track the movements of an opponent. The stronger the Sharingan is the easier it is the track faster opponent's or objects.
  • Chakra Sense - The Sharingan allows the user to identify chakra signatures. Not to the extent of the Byakugan but enough to determine if someone's under the influence of a Genjutsu or in some cases of the anime, detecting the malice of the nine tails chakra.
  • Copying Jutsu/taijutsu techniques - one of the most notable abilities of the Sharingan was it's ability to allow the user to copy an opponent's Ninjutsu or taijutsu. Notable moments of this ability was Kakashi displaying it first against Zabuza and Sasuke using it to copy the taijutsu technique of Rock Lee in the Chunin exams.
Is that enough?

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Thats good. Two thongs that you forgot to mention! The genjutsu and the hypnotism.

The sharingan is known to be assosicaited with genjutsu, both casting and dispersing of. Once you reach the third tomoe, you will learn about the genjutsu that the sharingan can cast.
Also, with each level you gain, you can pierce and break through a higher level of Genjutsu, effectively being a free "kai release" technique.
At one tomoe its D rank, with 2 tomoe with C rank, 3 tomoe being B rank, MS being A rank and EMS being S rank.

Additionally, the hypnotism while more of an RP element, cam be useful for missions. It has no real effect while in battles with other members but can be used effectively in missions while in the NW.

Have a read through this, and see if there is amything that we have missed so far.

Doujutsu: Sharingan ) Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 - 30 ( -5 per turn for 1T and 2T, 10 per turn to keep active for 3T )
Damage: N/A
Description:
One of the Three Great Dōjutsu (San Daidōjutsu), the Sharingan is the kekkei genkai of the Uchiha clan. Unlike the other Dōjutsu, not all members of the Uchiha Clan possess the Sharingan. This great Dōjutsu seems to awaken only on exceptional Uchiha members and only in times of great stress. Once awaken, the pupil turns red and a single tomoe (巴) seal appears around the center pupil. As the user masters and evolves their eyes, the tomoe (巴) seals increase, topping 3 per eye. The main ability of the Sharingan, like any other Dōjutsu, is to enable the user to see the flow of chakra. This ability is further improved as the Sharingan gives color to chakra, enabling the user to differentiate chakras from different people or from different sources. Although the user can see chakra through matter, he cannot see beyond dense matter or in long distances. Coupled with the ability to see chakra, Sharingan users gain acess to an incredible clarity of perception that enables them to read insanely fast movements or minor details, enabling them the ability to foresee in an easier way, traps, incoming attacks, etc. This clarity of perception is so great that a Sharingan user can sometimes start performing a counter to an attack that is still being performed, enabling the counter to be launched only a split a second after the attack. This clarity of perception leaves Sharingan users able to track high speed movement easily as well as to read through handseals. This last ability enables them to learn techniques much faster and sometimes copy them directly from the enemy, as long as the user has the necessary chakra affinities and requirements to perform it. Finally, the Sharingan is often linked to Genjutsu and mind-manipulating illusions, mostly because the user can, mostly through Eye Contact, directly and precisely use his chakra to manipulate the enemy's chakra flow. In return, the users clarity of perception gives him the ability to more easily decipher visual illusions cast upon him and see past them. The Sharingan has a great cost to the user though. The chakra consumption disables its use for long periods of time and, even when the user grows stronger, it's still hard to keep it active for long periods of time.
Note: The user, if he hasn't gained full mastery over his Sharingan, will need to spend a move to activate it, although as long as he has chakra and enough stamina he'll be able to keep it active until the end of the match. If the user is Sannin Rank or above and has gained his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and held it for one month, he becomes able to passively activate it, meaning he'll no longer spend a move of his 3 per turn.
Note: To avoid direct Eye Contact and be able to focus only on the body movement below the chin, the opponent needs to have mastered Taijutsu to possess the necessary skill
Note: C rank usage is for 1T Sharingan, B rank usage is reserved for 2T Sharingan. A Rank usage is reserved for 3T Sharingan.
Note: Predicting the nature of a technique or what it exactly is requires the user to either know the technique or that its a cannon technique.
Note: Danzo and Kakashi bios activate the Sharingan by removing the covers in their respective eyes and suffer a +10 chakra consumption per turn penalty
Note: The user is bound by the abilities and limits of the stage of sharingan he possesses, stated in the rules of the KG.

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thats good. Two thongs that you forgot to mention! The genjutsu and the hypnotism.

The sharingan is known to be assosicaited with genjutsu, both casting and dispersing of. Once you reach the third tomoe, you will learn about the genjutsu that the sharingan can cast.
Also, with each level you gain, you can pierce and break through a higher level of Genjutsu, effectively being a free "kai release" technique.
At one tomoe its D rank, with 2 tomoe with C rank, 3 tomoe being B rank, MS being A rank and EMS being S rank.

Additionally, the hypnotism while more of an RP element, cam be useful for missions. It has no real effect while in battles with other members but can be used effectively in missions while in the NW.

Have a read through this, and see if there is amything that we have missed so far.

Doujutsu: Sharingan ) Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 - 30 ( -5 per turn for 1T and 2T, 10 per turn to keep active for 3T )
Damage: N/A
Description:
One of the Three Great Dōjutsu (San Daidōjutsu), the Sharingan is the kekkei genkai of the Uchiha clan. Unlike the other Dōjutsu, not all members of the Uchiha Clan possess the Sharingan. This great Dōjutsu seems to awaken only on exceptional Uchiha members and only in times of great stress. Once awaken, the pupil turns red and a single tomoe (巴) seal appears around the center pupil. As the user masters and evolves their eyes, the tomoe (巴) seals increase, topping 3 per eye. The main ability of the Sharingan, like any other Dōjutsu, is to enable the user to see the flow of chakra. This ability is further improved as the Sharingan gives color to chakra, enabling the user to differentiate chakras from different people or from different sources. Although the user can see chakra through matter, he cannot see beyond dense matter or in long distances. Coupled with the ability to see chakra, Sharingan users gain acess to an incredible clarity of perception that enables them to read insanely fast movements or minor details, enabling them the ability to foresee in an easier way, traps, incoming attacks, etc. This clarity of perception is so great that a Sharingan user can sometimes start performing a counter to an attack that is still being performed, enabling the counter to be launched only a split a second after the attack. This clarity of perception leaves Sharingan users able to track high speed movement easily as well as to read through handseals. This last ability enables them to learn techniques much faster and sometimes copy them directly from the enemy, as long as the user has the necessary chakra affinities and requirements to perform it. Finally, the Sharingan is often linked to Genjutsu and mind-manipulating illusions, mostly because the user can, mostly through Eye Contact, directly and precisely use his chakra to manipulate the enemy's chakra flow. In return, the users clarity of perception gives him the ability to more easily decipher visual illusions cast upon him and see past them. The Sharingan has a great cost to the user though. The chakra consumption disables its use for long periods of time and, even when the user grows stronger, it's still hard to keep it active for long periods of time.
Note: The user, if he hasn't gained full mastery over his Sharingan, will need to spend a move to activate it, although as long as he has chakra and enough stamina he'll be able to keep it active until the end of the match. If the user is Sannin Rank or above and has gained his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and held it for one month, he becomes able to passively activate it, meaning he'll no longer spend a move of his 3 per turn.
Note: To avoid direct Eye Contact and be able to focus only on the body movement below the chin, the opponent needs to have mastered Taijutsu to possess the necessary skill
Note: C rank usage is for 1T Sharingan, B rank usage is reserved for 2T Sharingan. A Rank usage is reserved for 3T Sharingan.
Note: Predicting the nature of a technique or what it exactly is requires the user to either know the technique or that its a cannon technique.
Note: Danzo and Kakashi bios activate the Sharingan by removing the covers in their respective eyes and suffer a +10 chakra consumption per turn penalty
Note: The user is bound by the abilities and limits of the stage of sharingan he possesses, stated in the rules of the KG.
Yeah I dont know why I generally forget these parts of it.

Dont think we have missed anything yet but I do have two questions in regards to it
  • You stated that at each of its respective levels that the user can break through certain ranks of genjutsu, does that take a move in a turn to do or is it a passive release?
  • As the jutsu text is older (still mentioning the sannin rank) what are the current conditions for the user to gain the ability to passively activate the sharingan? I assume you need to have had an uchiha bio for a period of time and mastered all the relating techniqes etc?

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Yes, its a passive ability, that doesnt have a jutsu/move, but the way its done is deacribing by "seeing through" the jutsu and piercing through it. Most situations are different but if described correctly you can do it. The condition is, as far as I am aware, that you cannot pierce through MS level genjutsu.

Currently Sannin rank is remade to Jounin Rank. There are a few jutsu that are outdated like that, but the equivalency is still there. In terms of what abilities and what ranks you can use for each rank.

If you have no further questions we can move onto the training

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ah okay, so most of the time it becomes a role play aspect of the turn, that's cool

That makes sense and probably something I could have researched a bit more myself but thanks for the answer.

No further questions, ready to be fine when you are ✌

Last edited:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok so the way I did my 2T sharingan training was by RPing my teacher running around hiding at fast speeds to increase the tracking capabilities of the sharingan, as thats effectively what the upgrade from 1T to 2T is. However right now Im on phone and its a pain in the ass to type but if you like I can do your 3T sharingan training RP style.

For now what I want you to do is some calculations instead, which will allow you to understand what you can and cannot track.

So all the information youll need is in the Speed and Tracking thread found here: https://animebase.me/threads/speed-chart.721673/

Tell me if you could track the following types of Ninja if you had the 2T sharingan:
(Please show working out)
Ninja A
Chuunin level ninja with legweights removed

Ninja B
Jounin level Ninja with secondary speed specialty 1st gate activated

Ninja C
Chuunin Level ninja with apex speed specialty legweights removed and 2nd level gate activated

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok so the way I did my 2T sharingan training was by RPing my teacher running around hiding at fast speeds to increase the tracking capabilities of the sharingan, as thats effectively what the upgrade from 1T to 2T is. However right now Im on phone and its a pain in the ass to type but if you like I can do your 3T sharingan training RP style.

For now what I want you to do is some calculations instead, which will allow you to understand what you can and cannot track.

So all the information youll need is in the Speed and Tracking thread found here: https://animebase.me/threads/speed-chart.721673/

Tell me if you could track the following types of Ninja if you had the 2T sharingan:
(Please show working out)
Ninja A
Chuunin level ninja with legweights removed

Ninja B
Jounin level Ninja with secondary speed specialty 1st gate activated

Ninja C
Chuunin Level ninja with apex speed specialty legweights removed and 2nd level gate activated
So if i have done this correctly my tracking speed currently with 2T should be 24
[8+4] x 2 = 24

Ninja A) Chunin with removed legweights
  • 6x2 = 12
  • I would have more then the necessary tracking speed to keep track of this Ninja.
Ninja B) Jounin with Secondary Speed Spec and 1st gate active
  • [8+2] x 1.5 = 15
  • I would have the necessary tracking ability to keep up with their speed
Ninja C) Chunin with Apex Speed, Leg weights removed and 2nd Gate active
  • [[6+4] x 2] x2 = 40
  • I would not have the necessary tracking ability to keep up with them

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Well done, except that remember, only the highest speed multiplier stacks. So for the Ninja C, only the 2nd Gate or legweights removed would count towards their speed. This is to prevent speed boost stacking and blitzing. You imagine someone stacking 8th gate plus a custom for x3 speed and that would be crazy!

Can you think of any other techniques that boost speed?

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well done, except that remember, only the highest speed multiplier stacks. So for the Ninja C, only the 2nd Gate or legweights removed would count towards their speed. This is to prevent speed boost stacking and blitzing. You imagine someone stacking 8th gate plus a custom for x3 speed and that would be crazy!

Can you think of any other techniques that boost speed?
That makes alot of sense lol i misread the restriction on the page, my bad. And yeah that amount of speed would be crazy.
so the correct answer for Ninja 3 would be their speed would be at 20 instead of 40. Which means I would still be able to track their movement with 2T Sharingan.

Well after reading into the speed pages ive gathered this intel:
  • Swift Release
  • Raikage's Lightning Armor
  • Cursed Mark Stages 1 and 2
  • All the Sage Modes
  • Jinchuriki Chakra Cloaks and Forms
  • Seven Heavenly Breaths
Also, in the RP, do people always make sure that their speed and tracking are correct against their opponents? I know people make sure to keep track of their chakra and health but in relation to speed and tracking how do people keep track of that with their opponent. I know in the past timing was often an issue. Has the speed table helped in solving that?

Last edited:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Generally people dont keep track of it unless you are specifically trying to blitz or counter something.
An example here is Amaterasu. Unless you have a space time ability, you need to move faster than the user can track to dodge it. Given that MS is a x4 tracking and EMS is x5, you need to be moving as least x4 faster which is pretty hard. There are alternatives to countering but this is specifically if you want to dodge.

Another rule of thumb is, even no matter how fast you are travelling, attacks that involve chakra still happen at a slower speed. For example, if you are moving at x3 speed, but want to use a fire ninjutsu, the fire technique doesnt move at x3 speed, it still travels at the fire ninjutsu speed.
( there isnt really any speed for elements, but general rule of thumb is lighting>wind>fire>water>earth)

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Generally people dont keep track of it unless you are specifically trying to blitz or counter something.
An example here is Amaterasu. Unless you have a space time ability, you need to move faster than the user can track to dodge it. Given that MS is a x4 tracking and EMS is x5, you need to be moving as least x4 faster which is pretty hard. There are alternatives to countering but this is specifically if you want to dodge.

Another rule of thumb is, even no matter how fast you are travelling, attacks that involve chakra still happen at a slower speed. For example, if you are moving at x3 speed, but want to use a fire ninjutsu, the fire technique doesnt move at x3 speed, it still travels at the fire ninjutsu speed.
( there isnt really any speed for elements, but general rule of thumb is lighting>wind>fire>water>earth)
Good to know thanks. Last thing on this part is if your speed is faster then your opponents tracking, can you use that speed to dodge. I think the rule used to apply mainly to the first move of a turn. Like having to counter a jutsu with another jutsu before progressing forward with the move. if that makes sense. (I can also ask about this later if you like so we can progress on topic haha)

I imagine things would get really complicated trying to incorporate speed value to each and every jutsu technique lol

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well as it is different to the Byakugan it cant pierce though dense or thick objects or perceive long distances. So it would have to depend on what it is trying to look through, like a stone wall for example, the stone would be dense enough to prevent the Sharingan from viewing where as a thin sheet of metal wouldnt protect them from view at all. Im not certain as to whether or not movement can effect this, ie if a person is hiding behind a waterfall, can the Sharingan perceive that person by looking through the crashing water or does the constant flow of the water create enough density. Im not sure if there is an exact measurement though but it would all depend on what material the Sharingan was trying to look through

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok so there is no real measurement but geberally they can see through things less than 5m imo.

However, moving on to 3t now, the sharingan can do sone cool tricks. What do you know about the 3rd stage?

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, basically, 3T Sharingan has all its previous effect but slightly stronger. The user gets the ability to activate it passively after holding the bio for a period of time. Having 3T allows the user to have access to the Genjutsu techniques related to the sharingan. Customs aren't allowed to be posted for the Sharingan now if I recall. It also gives the user the ability to progress to MS if they meet the conditions.

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well what I know is just the basic stuff, there have been genjutsu that reverse the effects of other genjutsu and reflect them on the original user, there have been genjutsu combined with exploding tags, that cause paralysis and damage the mental state of the recipient. Later variations tie into the MS and the abilities tied to them but as far as 3T goes, they focus on either causing mental damage or disorientating the opponent

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok, so first thing we will learn before heading onto the genjutsu is the fabled copy ninjutsu. With the 3T sharingan, you can copy an opponents ninjutsu, as long as you know the element, eg can actually use it, and can do the handseals.

( Doujutsu: Kopī no Jutsu ) - Eye Technique: Copy Technique
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: N/A
Description: After gaining the 3 Tomoe Sharingan, the user gains the ability to copy the technique the enemy is using and use it as his own. The user will first need to witness the technique completely to memorize all aspects of it, including the opponents chakra flow and focus upon using it as well as the hand seals. A limitation of the technique is the inability to mimic and copy KG techniques, fuuinjutsu, kinjutsu, genjutsu, medical ninjutsu or hidden clan/bio techniques.
Note: User needs to have 3 Tomoe active
Note: Can only be done 2 times per opponent on techniques that have hand seals
Note: Copied technique can only be used in the event it's witnessed in and only once
Note: User needs to be capable of performing the technique himself, meaning he needs to have the correct chakra natures, rank, abilities, etc to use the technique. This is also valid for elemental specialties, where the user might be unable to copy a technique by only one handseal unless he has the same specialty as the enemy.
Note: Can only be used on techniques up to S-Rank