[Mystery] Scooby Doo: A horror story (part2)

Scooby Doo

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Scooby Doo

A horror story

Part 2

„Come in, quickly. It must be the Phantom chasing you.”-said Jack, the gardener as he closed the door after letting the gang in. The huge hall was full of old portraits of members of the Elsworth family, lid by the light of the chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling. The classy pieces of furniture were covered with nylon. Two stairceses led upstairs. Suddenly a tall man appeared at the top of the left staircase, with an angry look on his face.

„Who are these kids, Jack?”-asked the tall man.

„Sir, my name is Fred and they are Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scoob.”-replied Fred in stead of Jack, introducing his friends to the lord of the house.- „We were hoping to find shelter here, as our car broke down and a mysterious…-here he stopped for a second-, Phantom was coming after us.”

„You fools, I hope you won’t lure that bastard here.”-said John Elsworth indignantly.

„The Phantom has killed Mrs. Elsworth, Sir John’s mother two days ago, you know.”-said Jack, but was intrjected by the person mentioned. „Jack! Shut up! Who knows if they are collaborating with the murderer or not!”-shouted John.

„Sir, I can assure you that we are just tourists. We were heading towards Village Town, where we had a reservation in the hotel.”-said Velma calmly. Her firmness convinced Sir John.

„Alright, you can stay. But as you have heard, we’re dealing with a real murderer here. Actually, some help might come handy. My mother was killed, and her corpse disappeared. We sent our butler to our neighbour, Mr. Dean, as our phone cables were cut, probably by the Phantom. Unfortunately, Mr.Dean lives twenty miles away.”- John described the situation.

„So we are stuck in the middle of nowhere. Village Town is sixty miles away. Would be a piece of cake with a car- if only ours hadn’t broken down.”- noted Fred.

„You have a car? We could try to retrieve and fix it. Then we might be able to escape!”- John was thrilled.

„But the Phantom is out there!”- Shaggy’s voice was shaking.

„Well, we only had one car, and that was taken by Thomas Jewlser, the butler. But he hasn’t returned for two days, so we may assume that he has been attacked by the Phantom. So your car is the only chance.”- answered Mr. Elsworth.

„Maybe we could try distracting the Phantom while you fix the van. Or we shall lure him imto a trap.”-pondered Fred.

„Fred, you can’t be serious. I’m not going outside.”- said Shaggy with a resolve.

„I second that!”- added Scooby.

„Guys, we’re having a mystery here to solve. It’s either we do something or wait till the Phantom kills us.” –replied
Velma.

„Well either way, the Sun will soon set and we can’t do a thing in the dark. We have to wait till the morning.”-said Daphne.

„Thank you Daphne.”- nodded Shaggy.

„Jack, show them to their rooms. I’ll go take a nap now. See you guys at dinner.”- said John and disappeared upstairs. Actually, all the bedrooms and the two bathrooms were upstairs, leaving the lounge, kitchen and diner downstairs. The mansion also had a cellar.

„Dinner?”- Scooby got excited hearing the word ’dinner’.

„Oh yes, we always have dinner at 8 pm. Katie, our maid will cook us the food.”- answered Jack.

„Thanks god, I’m starving already.”- said Shaggy.

„Now follow me, I’ll show you to the bedrooms.”- said Jack and stepped on the stairs. The handrail of the staircase was of mahogany. Basically, the whole mansion was old, but elegant. There were five bedrooms upstairs: one for Mrs. Elsworth, the next one for John, another one for the butler, one for Katie Kain, and the fifth was for guests. Jack had a small cottage of his own outside the mansion, but he was staying in the mansion for the past two days.

„The girls shall stay in the guests’ room, and you guys have the butler’s room, if that’s fine with you.”

„Thank you sir, we’ll be fine.”- thanked Fred.

„Alright, I’ll go rest then, just call for me if you need anything. Dinner is at 8.”

„Thank you sir.”- said Velma.

„Not at all, my child”- answered Jack and was about to leave.

„Uhm, can I ask something?”- shied Velma.

„Sure, dear.”- Jack stopped.

„This Mr. Elsworth…what kind of a man is he? And what’s going on? I mean this whole Phantom story seems out of this world.”

Jack sighed. „I think I had better tell you the whole thing. Listen. The Elsworth family has always been rich. Edmond Elsworth was trading with diamonds back in the beginning of the century. He built this place. His grandson, Edward Elsworth died last year. Actually, all men in the Elsworth family died a violent death. Edmond was murdered for his gems. His son was shot in the war. And Mr. Edward committed suicide. That’s not all. They say the family is cursed for Edmond’s sinful deeds. Rumors say he made his fortune in a dubious way, ruining many others. Now Edward and Mary Elsworth had two sons: James and John. James wanted to become an actor, but Sir Edward wanted him to join the army. James, the younger son cursed his father and commited suicide. He jumped into the sea from the cliffs. His body was never found. He was only 20. After that, the house was never the same again. Debates and cryings were heard all the time. I think that was one of the reasons why John left. He became kind of a vagabond. His parents didn’t even want to hear about him for years. Then the atmosphere had dropped from grave to desperate. Five years had passed when they heard about John again. He had serious debts. Sir Edward paid all of it, and wanted John to return, but he denied. It was after this that Edward Elsworth killed himself. I buried him in the family graveyard. Mr. John returned after this to support his mother. After all, he has always blamed his father for James’s death. Now that Mr. Edward died as well, John had no reason to stay away. But now this.” –The old man sighed again.- „A bloody murder. It’s so horrible.”

„That’s a sad story, mister. We’re so sorry to hear that.”- Velma tried to comfort the old gardener.- „We will try our best to uncover this mystery.”

„You will really help us? I don’t know how to thank you.”

„It’s us who have to say thank you for providing us with accomodation.”-answered Fred.

„Mr. Jack, may I ask if Mrs. Elsworth had a will left behind?”-turned Velma to the old man.

„Why are you asking that?”- answered Jack with a question.

„Just wondering.”-replied Velma.

„No, she had no will.”- said Jack with distrust in his tone.

„So John will inherit everything?”

„Are you implying that he has killed his own mother for the sake of money? That’s disgusting, madam. I’ve been knowing John since his birth. He may have made mistakes, but he is not a murderer.”

„I’m sorry Mr. I didn’t mean to insult you or your master.”- Velma apologized.

„It’s alright. Now if you excuse me…”- said Jack and went downstairs.

„Well gang, we’re alone for now. I think I’ll take a shower.”-said Daphne.

„Good idea. See you here at 7:45pm.”- said Fred, and he entered the butler’s room with Shaggy and Scoob.
-​

Thomas Jewlser’s room was nothing special. A bed, an old desk with some personal belongings on it, a wardrobe, and a bookcase The windows were facing the sea. The Sun was about to set, its last rays painted the waves of the see purple. Shaggy looked out at the panorama. „What a nice place it is.”- he sighed. Then out of nowhere the pale face of the Phantom appeared in front of the window. Shaggy fell behind. „The Phantom!”-he screamed.

„Get out of here!”- said the Phantom in a hoarse, threatening tone.

„Fred, what do we do now?”-Shaggy was trembling with fear.

„Shaggy, help me push the wardrobe in front of the window!”

Shaggy stood up and they started to move the object, but they Phantom has disappeared into nothing, just as it came. „Phew, we’re saved for now.”- panted Shaggy.

„For now. But if we stay, we are in danger. We have to come up with a plan at dinner.”-said Fred. Then the door opened and Velma and Daphne rushed into the room.

„What happened guys?”-asked Velma.

„Phantom, Phantom!”- barked Scooby, pointing towards the window.

„You saw the Phantom? It was here?”- turned Daphne to Fred.

„Yes, and it threatened us to get out of here.”- answered Shaggy in stead of Fred.

„Oh my god!”-Daphne sat down on the bed. She looked at the picture of Thomas Jewlser on the shelf next to the bed. He looked like a typical butler. He was about 40, wearing glasses and a beard. „Strange, as if I have already seen this man somewhere.”- she said to the others.

Link to part 1:

Link to part 3:

Last edited:
Reactions: HENI