neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just think it'd make sense that if rotation is disrupted the jutsu would cease. But whatever, I hate arguing Hyuga shit tbh lmfao.
So lets say Sasuke pierces it without Neji getting hit , the hand sized hole would cause the rest of the Chakra to simply cease to be and stop spinning when a small portion was taken out?

The best answer to what happends imo is an explosion. Because it follows the spinning top mechanics and it was already illustrated.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I get that if Neji himself takes a hit the Rotation stops , but if a hand sized hole is placed into the Rotation itself , with that breach only encompassing that portion alone , would the unpierced Chakra stop spinning before Sasuke's whole arm makes it to Neji?

Lets imagine that Neji doesn't have his arm elevated in this scan below and use it to deduce distance of Sasuke's arm in relation to Neji. Sasuke pierces Kaiten at the X and his palm is located at that general area.
You must be registered for see images

Now he pierces and theres a hole , milliseconds later his wrist is now located where the X is located , still not in contact with Neji. Does the unpierced area of Chakra still continue to revolve beyond the hole?
The amount of time it takes for Sasuke's hand to pierce Rotation and pierce Neji is not going to be significant enough for Sasuke to be repelled when he went through Gaara's dome without resistance, and Gaara's dome is around the same size as Neji's Rotation with very minor differences.

1. Sasuke and his strike are too fast for that.

2. Chidori contains enough force to breach the strongest part of Rotation. The weaker part isn't going to divert Sasuke's blow so much that he misses.

So no, the chakra probably isn't going to stop spinning but it's not going to do anything in that short timeframe.

But then again what Proof said about Rotation being punctured causing the entire thing to fall apart makes sense.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The amount of time it takes for Sasuke's hand to pierce Rotation and pierce Neji is not going to be significant enough for Sasuke to be repelled when he went through Gaara's dome without resistance, and Gaara's dome is around the same size as Neji's Rotation with very minor differences.
1. Sasuke and his strike are too fast for that.

2. Chidori contains enough force to breach the strongest part of Rotation. The weaker part isn't going to divert Sasuke's blow so much that he misses.

So no, the chakra probably isn't going to stop spinning but it's not going to do anything in that short timeframe.
Gaara's sand wasn't composed of spinning Chakra which is where my spinning sand dome analogy stemmed from. The unpierced area would not stop spinning after losing a hand sized portion so Sasuke's wrist would be inches away from the unbreached area which would still be in super fast motion. His unprotected wrist then arm would need to cross a greater distance in relation to the spinning unbreached portion of Chakra simply following its path since both are in movemnt simultaneously.

Hakke

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its not about whether its strong enough or not. Its about whether the unbreached areas of the dome would still continue its revolution beyond that hand sized hole in it made by Sasuke. Imagine only Sasuke's palm making a hand sized breach through Rotation here without Neji having his own arm held in a block. The X between Naruto and Neji is where Sasuke's wrist is located so imagine his palm inside a hole made by chidori.

-Ur question about whether Neji's Chakra expulsion is as strong as Gaara's sand is irrelevant , because the sand basically just stood there , unlike the spinning Chakra expulsion and its already stated to be stronger in the Chunin exam.

-Yes its possible that an explosion would also happen as Kaiten follows the same repelling blast back effects of a spinning top when u make something touch it.
Simply piercing a spinning object does not stop it from spinning unless the thing that pierce it have enough force to do so. Take in example, throwing knife on a spinning wheel does not stop it from spinning. However, if someone with a great physical strength stabbed the knife into the spinning wheel then he would stop it from spinning. I think it is the same case with Rotation and Chidori. Chidori is just like a knife or a spear. The metal sharp part had the penetrative capability to pierce through the wooden spinning wheel just like the lighting Chakra on the hand has the penetrative capability to pierce the spinning the Chakra. However, if the arm that has Chidori doesn't have enough strength then the Chakra would keep spinning. So if Sasuke thrusts Chidori from a melee range, it would be easily redirected as Sasuke haven't shown any strength feat that suggest his arm can stop the spinning. But if he charged with a great momentum that is strong enough then yes, he would stop the Rotation.

Last edited:

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So lets say Sasuke pierces it without Neji getting hit , the hand sized hole would cause the rest of the Chakra to simply cease to be and stop spinning when a small portion was taken out?

The best answer to what happends imo is an explosion. Because it follows the spinning top mechanics and it was already illustrated.
Two different scenarios. The latter was a blunt approach, the former is a penetrative one. Chidori would pierce through rotation, and in doing so would most probably cause the jutsu to cease through destroying a small margin of the rotation, distorting the jutsu's cohesion. We've seen multiple techniques fall apart once they've been distorted.

1. Naruto's Rasengan in Jirobo's Earth Dome
2. Gaara's sand every time Sasuke used Chidori
3. Every technique vs Gentle Fist

What do all those examples have in common? The chakra that'd been distorted affected the technique directly, disabling the jutsu from continuing/finishing. All jutsu are formed through cohesion, once that unity is broken the technique fails.

Last edited:

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gaara's sand wasn't composed of spinning Chakra which is where my spinning sand dome analogy stemmed from. The unpierced area would not stop spinning after losing a hand sized portion so Sasuke's wrist would be inches away from the unbreached area which would still be in super fast motion. His unprotected wrist then arm would need to cross a greater distance in relation to the spinning unbreached portion of Chakra simply following its path since both are in movemnt simultaneously.
Gaara's Sand is nothing but an example to show that Rotation's level of defensive power and something that is shown to be the same can't provide resistance against something of the level of Chidori. Rotation spinning doesn't matter when overall it's defensive power (Chakra+Spinning=Gaara's Sand in defensive power) is on par with something that was easily torn through.

Like I said. Put a metal rod in a revolving door and the door doesn't keep on spinning. It stops. Same exact principle here. Rotation cannot protect Neji from Chidori at this level in any measure.

Last edited:

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tbh rotation would stop spinning the very moment Chidori pierced into it so even talking about spinning chaka after that point is irrelevant.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gaara's Sand is nothing but an example to show that Rotation's level of defensive power can't provide resistance against something of the level of Chidori. Rotation spinning doesn't matter when overall it's defensive power is on par with something that was easily torn through.

Like I said. Put a metal rod in a revolving door and the door doesn't keep on spinning. It stops. Same exact principle here. Rotation cannot protect Neji from Chidori at this level in any measure.
This isn't about putting up resistance against it. This is about the unbreached area.

Could u clear up the bold? im having a hard time imagining this...

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Two different scenarios. The latter was a blunt approach, the former is a penetrative one. Chidori would pierce through rotation, and in doing so would most probably cause the jutsu to cease through destroying a small margin of the rotation, distorting the jutsu's cohesion. We've seen multiple techniques fall apart once they've been distorted.
Why would destorying the small hand sized margin cause the whole thing to just cease to be instantly ? even in those cases it didn't happen instantly.

1. Naruto's Rasengan in Jirobo's Earth Dome
2. Gaara's sand every time Sasuke used Chidori
3. Every technique vs Gentle Fist
1. Naruto's Chakra was getting sucked out simultaneously which messed up his control , not to mention his Rasengan still rotated before vanishing . Neji's Chakra control isn't getting messed if a hand sized hole pierces Rotation. He simply expels the Chakra then spins which allows the Chakra to spin fast w/him.

2.Gaara's dome didn't comepletly fall or cease to be when a hand sized portion was pierced.

3: Gentle fist works much different to this scenario.

Last edited:

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol , faceplam for not remembering wat that was. Ok we use that point and say a Chidori pipe pierces Kaiten without hitting Neji would the rest of the Chakra cease to be or stop spinning since a hole was sent through it?

Roation works a tad different , throw a metal pipe through a revolving door and the pipe would simply pierce a hole through the door unless it pireces the center.

Last edited:

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This isn't about putting up resistance against it. This is about the unbreached area.

Could u clear up the bold? im having a hard time imagining this...
No, resistance is exactly what you are talking about. You are arguing that the unbreached area will continue spinning and knock Sasuke's arm off course yet Rotation doesn't have the power to do that to something as strong as Chidori. So Chidori will rip through Rotation and hit Neji.

That and Proof's imagery.

Lol , faceplam for not remembering wat that was. Ok we use that point and say a Chidori pipe pierces Kaiten without hitting Neji would the rest of the Chakra cease to be or stop spinning since a hole was sent through it?

Roation works a tad different , throw a metal pipe through a revolving door and the pipe would simply pierce a hole through the door depending how fast this door is moving.
It most likely stops the moment Chidori pierces it.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, resistance is exactly what you are talking about. You are arguing that the unbreached area will continue spinning and knock Sasuke's arm off course yet Rotation doesn't have the power to do that to something as strong as Chidori. So Chidori will rip through Rotation and hit Neji. That's it.

That and Proof's imagery.

No , i already said Chidori pierces it and wont get repelled if Rasengan didn't. If the unbreached area continue to spin then it wont even confront Chidori making power irrelvant. I already mentioned wat im arguing in my first post and the others anyway.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No , i already said Chidori pierces it and wont get repelled if Rasengan didn't. If the unbreached area continue to spin then it wont even confront Chidori making power irrelvant. I already mentioned wat im arguing in my first post and the others anyway.
I'll ask you to clarify again then. What exactly are you arguing will happen when and after Chidori hits Rotation?

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll ask you to clarify again then. What exactly are you arguing will happen when and after Chidori hits Rotation?
Chidori pierces a small hole through the Rotation. Unbreached area of the rotation still in motion would stop spinning before piercing Neji or still continue. Thats basically wat i was analysing.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chidori pierces a small hole through the Rotation. Unbreached area of the rotation still in motion would stop spinning before piercing Neji or still continue. Thats basically wat i was analysing.
Then I think it's safe to say we've both come to the conclusion that it stops, right?

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why would destorying the small hand sized margin cause the whole thing to just cease to be instantly ? even in those cases it didn't happen instantly.

1. Naruto's Chakra was getting sucked simultaneously which messed up his control . Neji's Chakra control isn't getting messed with since he simply expels the Chakra then spins which allows the Chakra to spin w/him.

2.Gaara's dome didn't comepletly fall or cease to be when a hand sized portion was pierced.

3: Gentle fist works much different to this scenario.
In all the cases I linked it happened nigh instantly/soon after.

1. Chakra absorption = chakra distortion = jutsu cohesion is disrupted = jutsu fails.

2. Yeah it did, albeit slowly because it was going to be a Bijuu transformation. The real reason the jutsu didn't cease was because Shukaku was in control, hence why Sasuke said: "No... Those weren't his eyes!" Once Shukaku's possession ended, the jutsu ceased. Temari's statement further reinforces that.

3. Eh, not really lol. But whatever.