Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is really bad(not the movie)....some of the reviews I read were just blatantly comparing it to marvel movies saying it is too dark and not enough fun....lol this site gave iron man 3 a 79% SMH...

Reactions: Hawker

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those reviewers should take a closer look at other Batman films and read the comics. Batman isn't exactly My Little Pony. The franchise is intentionally crafted to be dark.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, real shame. Movie sounds like a dark, emo mess with a lot of stuff in it. Seems they completely miss Superman. No review from big sites I saw even mentioned Marvel films though. No need to compare. You can compare BVS to say Deadpool or Winter Soldier or you can compare it to Dark Knight or compare it to nothing. From the general idea I can gather from the reviews I've read, it sounds bad either way.

Now, I wasn't going to see the movie anyway. From what it is being based on to all the trailers, it just isn't my cup of tea, but I'm shocked about just how bad it apparently is.

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really. You have to remember that is the percentage of critics that gave it a positive review. Mixed reviews don't count and that is what the average rating with a 5.4/10.

Two mixed reviews from my favorite critics.

Batman and Wonder Woman have been said to be the films highlights, even in the bad ones.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought this movie would be a mess but jesus it's not even the criticisms I was expecting.

Also I love Iron Man 3 lol, 79% is a crime.
Same. I thought it'd be a bit diverse, some problems, but it is getting destroyed. Feels weird.

I both love and hate Iron Man 3. Very, very fun movie, but I HATE what they did to The Mandarin. That was...sad.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Same. I thought it'd be a bit diverse, some problems, but it is getting destroyed. Feels weird.

I both love and hate Iron Man 3. Very, very fun movie, but I HATE what they did to The Mandarin. That was...sad.
Is it getting slack for putting too many elements in one film? Also why/how is it a Batman movie primarily? That's insane to me after Man of Steel and the premise of this one.

I just know IM3 was an ace character study with the best comedy/dialogue of the MCU. I personally don't think you could pull the flying magician with Rings VS Robert Downey Jr so him facing a serious no-plot-twist Mandarin wouldn't really have been comic-accurate and just been Iron Man fights ISIS! So I can overlook it personally ^_^ it's my fav Superhero film by far.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it getting slack for putting too many elements in one film? Also why/how is it a Batman movie primarily? That's insane to me after Man of Steel and the premise of this one.

I just know IM3 was an ace character study with the best comedy/dialogue of the MCU. I personally don't think you could pull the flying magician with Rings VS Robert Downey Jr so him facing a serious no-plot-twist Mandarin wouldn't really have been comic-accurate and just been Iron Man fights ISIS! So I can overlook it personally ^_^ it's my fav Superhero film by far.

Yes and yes. It seems to apparently not capture the characters in terms of personality and they do things they usually don't do. Apparently,
Superman straight up kills a guy in the beginning when saving Loir or something. No focus on it. Just does it. Sounds weird. Zod made sense, but random guy with a gun? What?
A big thing was how it felt like they were like two kids arguing and they tried to be too "real" in terms of seriousness. Sounds like WW and Doomsday aren't even important at all, just like we all gathered from the trailers. It is weird to be too. It seems like Man of Steel, but they take what little Superman was there and toss it out. They also make it way darker. It really sounds like it is trying to be super edgy and cool. I hope I'm wrong if I see, but man, what a shame if all of that is true.

Agreed. Character stuff=good. Plot=fantastic until...yeah. I can feel ya though. It is such a fun movie. If I really think about it, I get super annoyed with the twist, but if I don't, I'm fine. Glad it is a fav of yours!

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes and yes. It seems to apparently not capture the characters in terms of personality and they do things they usually don't do. Apparently,
Superman straight up kills a guy in the beginning when saving Loir or something. No focus on it. Just does it. Sounds weird. Zod made sense, but random guy with a gun? What?
A big thing was how it felt like they were like two kids arguing and they tried to be too "real" in terms of seriousness. Sounds like WW and Doomsday aren't even important at all, just like we all gathered from the trailers. It is weird to be too. It seems like Man of Steel, but they take what little Superman was there and toss it out. They also make it way darker. It really sounds like it is trying to be super edgy and cool. I hope I'm wrong if I see, but man, what a shame if all of that is true.

Agreed. Character stuff=good. Plot=fantastic until...yeah. I can feel ya though. It is such a fun movie. If I really think about it, I get super annoyed with the twist, but if I don't, I'm fine. Glad it is a fav of yours!
Wow somebody could not anti-pitch a film to me any more haha, think i'll take a pass with this film then. Keep trying DC....or, you know...don't.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reviews aren't always correct. Everyone has different taste.
Completely agree, but these reviews are the general consensus and even the positive reviews say it has loads of problems. Seems it is a let down in either camp.

Wow somebody could not anti-pitch a film to me any more haha, think i'll take a pass with this film then. Keep trying DC....or, you know...don't.
lol Hey, you could love it. Do as you please. If I listened to reviews, I wouldn't like what I do, but man, this is a BIG movie. For it to be getting this panned is not a good sign.
This review tho:

Long story short, does it worth spending an evening at the cinema with a girl on this movie if both of us are not fans of DC Universe, or nah?
Seems like the big fight isn't even that epic or long. Movie seems to much of a mess and too dull and serious to enjoy with someone. So, maybe? Apparently, a lot of DC stuff is, poorly, in it which is the mess. Too much going on.
Maybe you'd enjoy it, maybe not. I imagine it wouldn't be a problem if you weren't invested to those characters, but even still, just sounds boring. I have no idea what to say to you. If you liked MOS, but wanted it to be even darker, more violent, messy, too much stuff in it, then go for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mari Makinami

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Kinda. I think this video describes it the best.

[video=youtube;JoDGX0b5lzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoDGX0b5lzo[/video]

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Marvel faptards. I'm seeing the movie tonight, and will put my input.
Really? People don't like a movie and are just mindless Marvel fans?

I hope the critics are wrong, but when the movie is negative by a lot of people, which is it so far, then it isn't fanboys anymore. This isn't a Marvel vs DC thing ever. We all want good movies. Everyone does. If somebody really wants a movie to fail, then they suck.

MAN OF SIN

Elite
Kin
30💸
Kumi
273💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I've only saw that mentioned in one review.

The guy wasn't too sure if he was dead. He was throw through a wall which surely broke bones.

Really? People don't like a movie and are just mindless Marvel fans?

I hope the critics are wrong, but when the movie is negative by a lot of people, which is it so far, then it isn't fanboys anymore. This isn't a Marvel vs DC thing ever. We all want good movies. Everyone does. If somebody really wants a movie to fail, then they suck.
Most of the reviews are not negative based on the average rating.

Last edited:

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've only saw that mentioned in one review.

The wasn't too sure if he was dead. He was throw through a wall which surely broke bones.

Most of the reviews are not negative based on the average rating.

As did I. Hope it plays different in the movies but if not, how stupid.

If one of the biggest movies of all time is getting "meh," "okay," 5/10, then yes, it is negative. It is a bad sign. All the reviews I've read have more cons than pros. Again, hope we are wrong.
Marvel >DShit

:bdpf:
Deadpool=10/10

Jokule67

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, real shame. Movie sounds like a dark, emo mess with a lot of stuff in it. Seems they completely miss Superman. No review from big sites I saw even mentioned Marvel films though. No need to compare. You can compare BVS to say Deadpool or Winter Soldier or you can compare it to Dark Knight or compare it to nothing. From the general idea I can gather from the reviews I've read, it sounds bad either way.

Now, I wasn't going to see the movie anyway. From what it is being based on to all the trailers, it just isn't my cup of tea, but I'm shocked about just how bad it apparently is.
Dark doesnt mean bad. Its about prefference.