Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One of my favorite KG is related to Doton, ergo Deidara's Clay/Explosion release.

Doton is amazing both for defensive and offensive purposes.

When I master it it should be a great addition to my Bukijutsu speciality. But first and foremost, I want to learn Doton becaouse it is my village main chakra affinity.

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see.-.
Well doton is a very versitle element, so that would also definitely be a reason to learn it U_U
But don't forget, the most important reason is to get stronger to protect the ones you love :p
Now, could you please tell me everything you know about doton. What is doton exactly, the strengths, weaknesses, KGs created with doton, a few earth users in the nv, the relationship between the terrain you're fighting on and earth release

Reactions: Waindo

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doton is a nature transformation with which the user creates earth chakra, or manipulates the surrounding earth, this nature transformation can be used both offensively and defensively.

Doton based techniques can be solid rock which thickness can be comparable to steel, soft like mud or clay; or as unoticable like dirt, because particles are microscopic.

Some Doton jutsus can have their density manipulated, enabling a user to fly (demonstrated by Oonoki-sama), travel trough the ground, or manipulating the object's weight/density.

All of the above makes Doton one of the most versatile element techs.

If the user is not on an earth made terrain, he can do the technigues with his own chakra, rather than infusing the terrain with it.

Doton is affiliated with the snake seal, and is most common amongst the shinobi's of Iwagakure.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Doton<Raiton
The most notable weakness is earth's weakness to lightning chakra. Raiton can easily travel trough the earth and earth based chakra, breaking it apart and easily nullfying it.

Doton>Suiton:
Earth chakra is rather efficient against Suiton based attacks, due to the fact that earth naturally contains water, and is able to absorb it.

Doton>=Katon
It is efficient against lower lv of Katon techs. It is shown that large scale Katon attacks penetrate solid rock techs, but not with the attack's heat but rather it's push force.

Known KGs:
Doton is related with a pletora of Kekkei Genkai and 2 Kekkei Touta users. Almost all originating from Iwagakure.

Yoton(Lava/magma release):
Yoton is known in several forms. Mei Terumi's lava release is in a liquid molten lava form, while Iwagakure's jinjchuuriki Roshi's is a solid magma rock type of attack.
Kumogakure's Dodai also uses a form of yoton, his nature transformation is reffered as "Vulcanized rubber release".

Jinton(Particle release):
this one is a Kekkei Tota, ergo the combination of 3 nature transformations. Only known by Oonoki and Muu.

Mokuton would be the most famous of the Doton related KGs, originally only known by Senju Hashirama, afterwards known by Tenzo Yamato, Uchiha Obito and Madara.

Notable Doton users:
Muu, Oonoki, Akatsuchi, Kakashi, Hiruzen....

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good answer. About the earth and fire part, they are simply neutral to each other.

If you're fighting on the ocean, there would be many earth techniques you're not able to use, because most of them need an earth source as well. So the terrain is very important.

okay, let's 'discover' this doton chakra.
I want you to sit down on the ground. Grab the nice round stone next to you, close your eyes and meditate. Try to feel what the stone feels like. The coldness, the texture, structure. Let your chakra flow, and concentrate on the stone. Try to 'communicate' with the stone. Let your chakra flow into the stone and try to mimic the stone with your chakra. Tell me what the earth chakra felt like.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tenten gets up putting all of her gear and scrolls on the ground, she picks up the nearest rock, grabbing hold of it between her palms, she sits back down in a meditating pose.

Ok this shouldn't be too hard senpai!

As she closes her eyes, Tenten starts concetrating Doton chakra to her palms, Khalil is eating a bento across her making a disturbing chewing sound, she doesen't seem distracted at all.

After almost an hour has passed, Tenten suddenly jumps up on her feet opening her palms.
A rock which is shape and texture changing as if it came to life is revealed. Tenten reaches her hand towards Khalil senpai, handing him the rock. With wide open eyes full of amazement and curiosity she speaks..

I....I've felt as if I was one with this rock! Please, teach me more senpai!

Last edited:

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good U_U

It is an important thing to ask question if you have them. Never hesitate to ask questions simply so you'll learn more techniques in my next post. I will try to answer your questions and provide new jutsus to learn

Now we'll start with the real thing!
The first technique

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Remember how you were concentrating, trying to communicate with the stone. Focus again and send your chakra into the ground, try to manipulate the earth and create a small pillar. This jutsu might be very handy.

In order to teach you every jutsu to perfection I want to use a template similar to my sensei's template.

PHP:
[list][*][B]Brief description of how you perform the technique:[/B]

[*][B]How can the technique be used in battle (combos with other moves/skils, creative use, etc):[/B]

[*][B]Advantage(s):[/B]

[*][B]Disadvantage(s):[/B]

[*][B]How to counter the technique:[/B]

[*][B]Questions, if you have them:[/B]
[/list]

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tenten stands confidently, patiently listening for her senpai's instructions. She crouches down slamming both of her palms on the ground.

I'll do my best Khalil-sama!

She concetrates a decent amount of her doton chakra in the ground, putting a smirk on her face while looking at Khalil - senpai.

Senpai! The earth!! It is breathing!

The earth really looks as if breathing, moments after a small pillar emerges. Tenten stands up, giving a thumbs up.

I did it, senpai!

----------------------------

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth.

How can the technique be used in battle (combos with other moves/skils, creative use, etc):

Even though this is a low rank Doton jutsu it can be used creatively even vs higher rank techniques. In my humble opinion it is best suited as a distraction tech because it's easy to preform. For example, while making the pillars below the opponents feet, I can throw a bait kunai and an explosive tagged one towards him while he is occupied with the ground below.

Making a solid earth shield out of this tech would provide a good defense against even a higher rank Katon techs.

Or I could use it for distraction with my bukijutsu techs for example; I send 3 doton made shurikens towards the opponent, while I can unfold one of my bukijutsu scrolls above the opponent.

Advantage(s):

Quickly performed due to the fact that it requires no handseals. Highly effective vs Katon and Suiton techs. Good for distracting your enemy

Disadvantage(s):

Easily countered/nullified by Raiton techs. And I think by Fuuton high techs.

How to counter the technique:

Opponent sends raiton chakra to the ground disabling the jutsu and nullfying doton chakra.

Questions, if you have them:

No questions for now, senpai. But I won't hesitate to ask in the future.

Last edited:

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome!
This technique could be great. Be creative and you could even dodge an S rank jutsu with an earth pillar. OF course I never use this technique because of my Wood Release U_U xD

Easily countered/nullified by Raiton techs. And I think by Fuuton high techs.
not just fuuton high techs :p
next

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
You must be registered for see images

For this jutsu I want you to dig into the ground until you are beneath my clone. Then reach out of the ground try to pull the clone into the ground by his leg until only his head is on the surface, trapping him in the ground while you emerge from it. The funny thing is you can't use it if you don't know the hiding like a mole technique, because that's a technique where you dig into the ground. but for the training let's just say you dig into the ground in some kind of way.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Eeeeh!? Okay, senpai...I won't question your training methods.

Tenten proceeds to one of her pouches, pulling out few steel bars which she connects together, making a shovel. She walks towards the bunshin, which is few meters from Khallil senpai.
She holds the shovel over her shoulder, gazing at the bunshin, than turning her view towards Khallil - sama.

Senpai, can I atleast infuse the shovel with chakra?

Khallil just faintly smiles, calmly responding with a negative gesture.

Persistence Tenten, persistence.

Ugh.

Tenten starts shoveling, it is shown to be excrutiatingly hard because the soil on the training grounds is hard as dried up clay.

Ughhh, at this rate I'll die from exhaustion before I learn this jutsu.

Two hours have passed and she is halfway there, she yells out of the digged out tunnel.

Senpaaiii! Can I atleast get some water, I'm dying here.

No. Keep digging Tenten, you're almost there.

After four more hours of continous shoveling, Tenten's arms finally emerge beneath her senpai's bunshin. She grabs it by his ankles, concetrating her doton chakra to entirety of her arms, pulling down the bunshin in one swift motion, only his head is peeking out of the ground.

--------------------------------
Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Range: Short
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
--------------------------------

She gets out trough the hole she dug out, falling face down beneath Khallil - sama's feet, exhausted and dehydrated.

W...w...wat..er...

How can the technique be used in battle (combos with other moves/skils, creative use, etc):

Probably the most epic conjuction would be combining this with Sennen Goroshi. While undergeound, user puts his index fingers together/or a kunai. Fingers/kunai can be infused with a chakra nature of choice, enhanching the attack. Or you can perform this in conjuction with a bunshin, where bunshin delivers the fatal blow while the original holds the enemy down. It can also be used in a combo with the first jutsu we learnes today, impaling or decapitating the enemy with a doton pillar/tool from underground.

Advatanges:

Unoticable suprise/distract jutsu. Strong against any opponent who lacks Raiton or Doton training

Disadvantages:

Weak, easily nullified by Raiton chakra, user may even stay incapacited underground if misstimed. Other Doton users can easily escape this jutsu.

How to counter it:

I think I managed to somewhat explain the counter above. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Questions:

Still none for now, Khallil - sama.

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Water?! We've just started!!

Good, moving on^^

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.
Now grab a chunk of rock laying around on the ground and mold it into the shape of a staff using you doton chakra. Either hit my clone with it, or throw it at his head. A pretty useless technique if you ask me :p

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tenten vividly jumps over a nearby rock, jumping few feet in the air she rapidly starts infusing the rock she already held with Doton chakra. She imagines a shape of staff quickly manifesting one, hurling it towards Khallil-sama's bunshin.

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane

Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

She jumps down near her senpai satisfically smirking.

That should do it

How can the technique be used in battle (combos with other moves/skils, creative use, etc):I would not put much use to this attack, though it's an ok distraction jutsu. For example, my bunshin throws several doton staffs and 2 explosive tagged kunais towards the opponent, while i simoultaneously disrupt the opponents balance with several doton pillars beneath him, jumping over his head, immediatly summoning a barrage of shinobi weapons, or a huge shuriken from point blank.

Advatanges

An ok distraction jutsu vs a fodder opponent.

Disadvatanges

Tons of them. Seems like an unfinished jutsu.

How to counter it

With basic raiton, or with a simple replacement technique.

Last edited:

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome! Last D rank technique

( Doton: Iwa Rendan ) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage
Type: Offensive
Range: Short – Mid
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.
Channel doton chakra into your arm and release it, creating a ring of rocks. Send the rocks towards my clone by manipulating the earth chakra. Easy :)

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tenten immediatly jumps towards the bunshin while concetrating doton chakra in her right arm, she imagines outline of a circle, effectively releasing the ring of rocks short-range from the bunshin, poofing it out.

That should do it!While giving "thumbs up"

( Doton: Iwa Rendan ) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage

Range: Short – Mid
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent

Also as an ok distraction tech. Maybe a combination with some taijutsu palm thrust to increase it's potency. I won't be using this much since I'm playing with mid -long range chars.

Advatanges:
Technique for my bunshin, while I strategize an aerial or blind spot suprise attack.

Dis:
Weak to raiton fuuton + any opponent with common sense and basic nin learnt. Tons of disadvantages.

Reactions: Khallil

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good, you forgot to post a counter tho ^^
it's not weak against fuuton, only against raiton (out of the basic 5 elements). Meaning that D rank wind will cancel this technique out but the wind will stop as well.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Fūton Kihon Jutsu) Wind Release Basic Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user will release basic simple blasts or streams of wind from his limbs or mouth to defend or attack an enemy

Raiton no Jutsu) - Lightning Release Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra to create small bolts of lightning to attack their target

Kawarimi no Jutsu) - Change of Body Stance Technique
Type:Supplementary
Range:Short-Mid
Chakra Cost:5
Damage Points:N/A
Description: Kawarimi no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. When in danger the ninja will quickly substitute themselves with another nearby object. This can be a block of wood or even another person. This allows the ninja to quickly flee and hide while the original object takes the brunt of their opponents attack. The technique is a mix between high speed movement and the use of the transformation technique but has its limits.

(Shunshin no Jutsu) - Body Flicker Technique
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost:10
Description: Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement, the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance

Last edited:

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm, yeah u.u
Don't forget that body flicker isn't allowed in battles .-.

C raaaanks!!

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.
Perform the rat handseal and control some sections of rock, and move them around my clone. Cause the sections to turn into 2 gigantic sections and crush my clone.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

You will need to continually release doton chakra from your body, channeling it into the ground and transform the ground you are touching into fine sand. This will allow you to dig through it like a mole. Not only that, while you are underground you should be able to sense your location and people on the surface. Try it out!

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.
Manipulate the ground with your earth chakra and cause a few spikes to erupt out of the ground, impaling my clone.