zenkutsu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Wow I have been really busy. Spending time writing and modding over at the Writing Nation, plus school, the holidays, and various other distractions. I think I am gonna start posting new chapters only once per week :shrug: It is just more convenient for me. Also once I complete Akatsuki no Espada, Dragon and the Dove, and Zenkutsu, I will post new chapters only for Tengen, and do my new works over on writing Nation. If you wish to follow me there. Pm me and I will give you a link. I am user Tengen. Other then that, Please enjoy my writing )

For new readers and regulars, please check out my other works and previous chapters by following the link in my signature.

Chapter 21: Moving on. Looming Darkness.

Walking back into the village, my comrades watched me with curious eyes. Several of them surrounded me.

"Where have you been, Tengen?" Kaguya asked. "You have been gone for two days. We have been worried!"

"I was just...expanding my understanding," I replied. I walked further into the village. I passed our new travelling companion, Ginrei who was practicing streaming chakra into his blade. I moved into the tent where Uzima and Yuuki slept. I entered and there sat Uzima who had a wounded child in her arms. I watched, astounded as she poured a strange chakra into the little boy. The large gash on his arm slowly healed and became healthy. The sobbing child calmed down and even smiled. Uzima smiled back and handed the child to another woman in the tent who stood up and carried her child out, passing me.

"Hello Tengen," she said with an almost disappointed sigh.

"What was that Uzima?" I asked.

"I experimented with some of my chakra while you were gone, and I found that I could heal with my special technique. I already taught it to the village medic this morning," she said as she stood up and looked down.

"What is the matter?"

"I don't understand it Tengen. Why am I able to create and maintain life, when I myself cannot have a child? Is this some divine joke?" she asked as she took hold of me and began crying in my chest. I held her and tried to comfort her was well as I could. I kissed her on the forehead.

"Don't worry. I will find a way to help you, but for now, we must set off. We have stayed here too long," I said as she calmed down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far from the unsuspecting pilgrims, far from the recovering Juubi, a messenger of the imperial army runs into a large fortress. He runs past the large battalions of troops and archers. He makes his way up the stair case and all the way up to the tallest tower. He enters the heavily guarded room and sees a shadowy figure sitting behind the curtain.

"My lord. A group of civilians have been reported to have wiped out the entire group of deserters in the forest region," he said.

"What is my concern? It is just less effort I must give to tie up loose ends," the man behind the curtain said.

"Sir...they have been reported to use strange powers, and even managed to defeat the Juubi. The beast ran away wounded and weakened," the messenger replied. The man behind the curtain was quiet for a moment.

"What is the name of their leader?"

"My lord, his name is Tengen, and he is working with Uzima," the messenger answered.

"How very interesting. Let us put some pressure on them, and see what they do."