241💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images
A Continuation of Base of the Living Dead

“Flaw, Miss Faust, Greg, Zera, and Zombie. Why did you all leave me by myself?” A lonely girls voice pondered as she slowly crept down an empty street.

That very street days ago would have been a swarm of unrelenting teeth poised at tearing flesh from bone and turning other humans as well. Now, a single lamp flickered as the power grid failed. An eviscerated corpse clung to the metal pole, it’s teeth chattering as the lone girl walked by.

She wrapped her her fingers tightly around a large tire iron, holding it close to her bosom as she heaved with sobbing breaths, “I don’t want to be alone anymore.”

As she proceeded down the street, she heard a clang and saw almost human like movements from a window. Somebody was watching her. The fact that there was somebody watching her and not trying to help her left a feeling of suspicion in her gut. It twisted and knotted itself panging her with discomfort as she continued to heave and walk alone.

Perhaps her mind was playing tricks on her, or maybe it was the dancing shadows flickering around her with the setting sun. The sound of leaves rustling, lifeless, in an autumn breeze caused her to jerk her head in their direction. Was she imagining things, or was there a person following her now?

No, her senses led her to believe there was more than one person. Something was definitely wrong with this situation. Her body screamed at her to run, yet her mind took control and forced her to proceed normally as though nobody was there.

Her head hung low as she continued to walk, trying to keep a steady and normal seeming pace as she did so. A footstep, another, and she was being followed. The road ahead looked blocked, or rather blockaded as if to force people down a single alley. She really had no choice and made the turn into an obvious trap.

As she found the alley to be a dead end, she heard multiple footsteps behind her and quickly turned to find a group of malicious looking delinquents relishing the dire situation of humanity’s suffering. They had a look of savagery upon their faces, twisted with malevolent ideas and convictions. Depraved thoughts and ideas sinking into their faces as they scanned their surroundings making sure they were alone. Even in these current times, people were at their worst and still worried about being caught.

Lawliet brooded in her lack of faith in humanity before addressing the group, “I assume you’re not here to help me?”

One of the men took initiative, “Oh, we’re here for the helping young lady. Just of ourselves.”

She shook her head, “I thought so. Might I have your name, oh chivalristic one?”

“Hmph, call me Link.” He seemed put off by her sarcasm in her situation.

“You remind me of this fellow that once went by the name of NB Swag.”

“Enough talking, we’re ending this.” The man known as Link pushed forward.

Lawliet had no intention of letting those men end anything. As the man lunged forward, Lawliet evaded, leaping back out of his grasp. This left him clasping at the air, his balance swiftly fading. Lawliet used this to her advantage pushing him down into the dirt. The dust bellowed up in a small cloud from his impact.

He wouldn’t stay down long, and the other men seemed ready to enforce their post apocalyptic sense of just upon her as well. She wouldn’t stand to be subjected to such nefarious behaviour, and found herself behaving accordingly. That tire iron clenched tight in her right hand, she stood defiantly, ready to attack.

She was preparing to strike back with her tire iron when a window in the alley jolted up and a young girl on the other side ushered for Lawliet to climb through. As much as she would have liked to stay and play, this young girl might be put off by her hidden strength and the idea of being with somebody else who still had their humanity intact was a lot better than slapping around some unruly pigs. Without a moments hesitation she made a break for the window motioning for the girl to get back. The window wasn’t very low, but it was adjacent to a right angled wall which allowed her to jump up and kick of the opposing wall and grab onto the sill. Her momentum and own strength allowed her to hoist herself up through the window rather quickly.

The men in the alley stood by idly with a fixed gaze on the window. They saw no means of getting through the window and would quickly give up to go back and reset their trap to their next unsuspecting victim.

The young girl ushered Lawliet through the building, which she must have been foraging for supplies. She had a backpack and it didn’t look empty. Lawliet could almost make out the contents of possible canned goods in there, and her stomach churned.

The young girl heard this and turned to finally address her, “Are you okay? You’re lucky I happened upon you when I did, those men didn’t look like they had any good intentions.”

“I’m fine, thank you for your concern and helping me back there.”

“Don’t mention it. By the way, you can call me Sublime. And you are?”

“Just call me Lawliet.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Chakra Wizard

Sublime

<div class="bbWrapper">Nice writing Zombeeeeeh ;p I'll be expecting more ;p<br /> <br /> <div class="bbCodeSpoiler"> <button type="button" class="bbCodeSpoiler-button button" data-xf-click="toggle" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="Click to reveal or hide spoiler"><span class="button-text"> <span>Spoiler</span> </span></button> <div class="bbCodeSpoiler-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--spoiler"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="messageHide messageHide--image"> You must be registered for see images </div></div> </div> </div> </div></div>

Venus

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You just had to bring in my voluptuous swag eh. All in all, I liked it very much, can't wait to see the next one, Chompie!

shanee

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
haha i liked it. it was kinda hard to follow at some parts and i would have wished for a little more description of the lin, sumblime and lawliet but if you want us to imagine them how we imaine them, then i totally understand. : )

the part that I found hard to follow was when link and lawliet were in the ally, i was confused on what was going on. maybe because we didnt know the characters name yet so i didnt know who was talking and suck. idk i cant explain it. hha sorry. : ) but send me the next chapter!!