Ashalita Phoenix

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is Chapter Two. If you want to know how Kitaru looks like, I drew a drawing of her.

Chapter Two: Burn

Kitalena burned the palace into flames, giving her family a proper burial. I love you all… Mom… Dad… Kimochi…Kaze…Kyohei…I am so sorry… This is all my fault.

“Daddy, are you okay?” I asked, staring at my father. He was lost in thought. He has been fighting for me for a long time now… So far, he was having a hard time.

“I am fine my dear…” My dad said, scooping me in his arms. I knew right there, that he was thinking about me and my stupid eyes.

“It is about my eyes…” I said sadly. “People don’t like them.”

“Your eyes are always beautiful to me.” My dad said. “People just don’t see it like I do.”

“But they call me a monster.” I replied, crying. “Do I really look like a monster?”

“Oh, my dearest Kitalena…” He said, hugging me tightly. “You are not a monster. You are the most beautiful princess in the world.”

Father, you were lying to me. If I were that beautiful, you wouldn’t die…No one will die…. You are lying to me all this time…

The princess fled her homeland, walking endlessly through the world of the unknown. She walked for days without eating, drinking, and sleeping. Her stomach started growling. “I know… I am hungry…” Then she spotted a town up ahead. “There must be food there.” She raced towards the town but stopped at the entrance. My eyes… They might try to kill me… She covered her eyes with her white hair and walked in. Everyone in the town was happy yet hectic. People were working diligently in the market, selling fresh vegetables, fruits, and meats. Wow, look at all of that… I am so hungry…

“You must be hungry.” A voice said. She turned and found a man. He was wearing a green robe and has long red hair. “I can see you are not from around here.”

“I am well…” She said.

“Well, you need something to eat.” The stranger said, smiling. Then her stomach growled once more. “You are hungry…” Kitalena looked away from him. “I am not going to hurt you.” He kneeled in front of her and touched her cheek. “I won’t hurt you.” He grabbed her bangs.

“NO…I mean… I have a burn…” She lied, moving his hand away. “I don’t want you to see it…”

“I see…My name is Vulcan.”The man said, moving his hands away. “What’s your name?” She became silent. “Hello… is anyone in there?” He was poking her forehead. “Are you even listening to me?”

“Cut it out…” She said, tossing his hand away. “I don’t talk to strangers.” Then her stomach started growling once more. She blushed as her stomach pleaded for food.

“Well, at least let this stranger feed you.” He said, standing on his feet and offer his hand to her. “Let’s get you something to eat…” She grabbed his hand and let him take he away. He let out a smile as he guided her through the crowd. She couldn't argue with an empty stomach. “So I still didn’t get your name.” She still kept silent. I see she doesn’t trust people so easily. I think that is a good thing. He brought her to a bath house. “Welcome to Knight Bath House, the best bath house in the region.”

“Bath House???”

“Well, it is like a hot spring. Many nobles and rich folks come here to replenish themselves in our hot formulate waters.” Vulcan explained. “Come on… Let’s go in…” He pulled her towards the entrance. Women dressed in silk kimono greeted them from the entrance.

“Lord Vulcan, welcome back…” They all said, bowing their heads.

“Thank you ladies…” Vulcan said, smiling. “I will be entertaining a guest today. Please prepare a feast.”

“Yes Lord Vulcan…” They said, racing away.

“You are a lord???” She said lowly.

“Well, I own the place…” Vulcan said, scratching his head. “It is a family business and I inherited when my father passed away. She then gazed towards her feet. “Please come and rest.” He led her to a luxury room. “Please sit…” She sat on a cushion, covering her eyes. “So tell me, where are you from?” She didn’t say a word. “Who are you?” She still kept silent. “Do you have a family?”

“They died…” She said lowly.

“I am sorry to hear that.” He said. A lady entered the room and placed a tea set in front of them. She gently poured the herbal tea in their cups and left the room. “Well, if you don’t want to give me your name… I guess I should give you one…” She looked up to him. He was lost in thought, thinking what to name her. “I know… I am going to call you Kitaru…”

“Kitaru???” She said.

“Kitaru is the White Angel. She is a Goddess in our town. In legend, she has long hair. Her hair is has smooth as silk and pure as snow.” Vulcan explained, smiling. “It is the perfect name for you.”

“I don’t deserve such a name.” She said.

“And why is that?”

“Because I am not a beauty….” She replied. “I am a monster…”

“A monster…” He said. Suddenly, he pinned her to the wall.

“LET ME GO!!!” She screamed. He moved the strands of hair and found her demonic red eyes. “DO YOU SEE? I AM A MONSTER SO LET ME GO!!!” He stared at her in a brief moment, and then let her go.

“Do you know what I see in those eyes?” He said, watching her on the ground. “I see loneliness and despair.” Vulcan said. “I don’t see a monster… I see a lonely little girl.” She started crying.

“YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!!!” She screamed, standing on her feet.

“Yes you are right, I don’t know anything about you. However, I have a feeling that you are all alone and you lost everything you have ever had in life.” He said, hugging her. “Kitaru, I know that I am a stranger but I want to help you.”

“Why???”

“Because no one deserves to be alone…” He replied. A woman entered the room and pause in front of them.

“Sorry for interruption milord but the feast is ready…” She said.

“Well, let’s get something to eat. You must be hungry…” He said, offering his hand to her once more. “Do you trust me Kitaru?” She grabbed his hand and smiled. She worked as a cleaner in a bath house, cleaning and earning money. It has been two months and she befriended with a lot of people. She hides her eyes perfectly. No one knows about her true identity. Kitaru… that is my name now… She slowly shown signs of the Frozen Heaven and trained herself how to control it in the hot springs every night when everyone was asleep. Then one day… One typical day… The Priest came to visit the bath house. Kitaru was tending to his needs.

“My dear child, thank you for your service.” The Priest said.

“You are welcome father…” She said, bowing down. She was standing beside him as he took his bath. “I am glad to be a service.”

“What is your name?” He asked.

“Kitaru…” She replied.

“Just like the Goddess… You are very blessed to be bestowed such a name” He replied. Then Vulcan entered the room. “Vulcan, you are finally here…”

“Kitaru, I see you are doing well.” Vulcan said, smiling. “Father, you are in very good hands.”

“I can see that…” The Priest said. “She is a beauty…”

“Kitaru, I will take over if you like…” Vulcan said. “You worked long enough.”

“But I…”

“No buts…” Vulcan said, pushing her away. “Get going…” She was about to walked out the entrance until two masked shinobi entered the room. “What the…”

“There you are…” One man said. “We finally found you…” He pointed at Kitaru. “You are coming with us Princess.”

“I don’t think so…” She said. Who are these guys? Why do they want me?

“Stay away from her…” Vulcan snapped. “Kitaru run…” She started running and the two mysterious men chased after her.

What is going on here? Why are they after me? She thought, running away. Then she raced to the bridge but she was blocked both ways. Damn, I am trapped.

“Come with us…”

“It will be much easier…”

“You know… you are all in a bad position.” She said lowly.

“We are not the one who got cornered.” The man said. Then the water under the bridge burst in the air. “What the….”

“Let me feel it…” She said. The water circled around her, turning to ice. “Let me feel it… alive...” She started giggling.

“STOP HER…”

“Freezing Ice Bullets…” She said, shooting them with tiny shards of ice. One of them dodges them while the other wasn’t so lucky. She giggled. “Oww… Is that blood? It’s so pretty…” She turned to the only man standing. “I want to see more…” Her ice raced towards him, gripping him tightly. “You were no fun…” The ice grew tighter and tighter. “Tell me…Who sent you?”

“I will never tell you…” He snapped.

“Who sent you or I will kill you? I will enjoy seeing blood.” She said, giggling.

“KITARU!!! STOP!!!” Vulcan screamed, racing towards her with the Priest.

“Vulcan…” She said, letting her prey go. He collapsed in pain. Her bangs were away from her eyes. “I am sorry…”

“It is okay…” He said, smiling. “At least you are safe…”

“A DEMON!!! THERE IS A DEMON HERE!!!” The Priest screamed.

“She is not a demon Father…” Vulcan said.

“She is…Look at those eyes…Eyes of the devil himself.” Priest snapped, pulling out his staff. “Ninja Art, Golden Rings of Heaven...” Three yellow glimmering rings were wrapped around Kitalena. “A demon like you is not meant to walk on this holy land.” Blank didn’t struggle.

“LET HER GO…” Vulcan screamed.

“YOU DARE GO AGAINST THE HOUSE OF GOD…” The Priest screamed. Vulcan turned silent.

“Vulcan, please… it is best… I don’t want you to be involved.” She said, smiling.

“Kitaru…”

“MOVE DEMON…” The Priest snapped, hitting her with his staff. She collapsed to the ground. “Move it…” She forced herself up and walked away from him.

“Kitaru…” Vulcan said, watching them walk away. I can’t let this happen. He turned to the injured ninja. He gripped him by the collar. “Why were you after Kitaru?”

“She is… she is…”

“TELL ME OR I WILL END YOUR LIFE…” Vulcan screamed.

“A man hired us to get her… I don’t know his name… I swear…” The man finally said. “She is the princess of the Moon Village.”

“You mean the village that was destroyed months ago…” Vulcan said.

“Yes, the Royal Family was all killed by the villagers. However, rumors have it that King Hiro’s daughter is still alive somewhere and that little girl is the Missing Princess.”

“I see…” Vulcan said. That explains everything. I have to do something and fast

The Princess was sealed underground, waiting for her sentence. This is the end… I am going to die…. At least, I made a friend… She let out a smile.

i“Kitaru, where are you?” Vulcan said, walking around the Bath House. He was searching for me.

“Yes Lord Vulcan…” I said, appearing in front of him.

“I told you just to call me Vulcan…” He said, looking irritated.

“Okay Lord Vulcan…” I said. He was steaming up. “Lord Vulcan, have you taken a long hot bath lately, you are turning red.”

“I AM OKAY KITARU!!!” He screamed. I let out a giggle. He stopped and looked surprised. “You are laughing.”

“Yes, I am sorry if it insults you Lord Vulcan.” I said, smiling.

“You should keep on laugh. Laughter is a medicine…”

“Medicine???” I said. How is laughter a medicine? It doesn’t cure diseases.

“It cures sadness.” He said, running his fingers through my white hair. “Kitaru, you are going to be cure for sure if you keep on laughing.”

Happiness… It never last long in my life… At least, I got a glimpse of t.

Then a man walked in the room with a mask. “Who are you?” She said, staring at the strange figure. “I said who are you? If you have something to say then spill it out. I am going to die soon

“Kitaru is me…” He said, taking off the mask. “Vulcan…”

“Vulcan??? What are you doing here?” She snapped. No, he can’t be here… “You are going to get into trouble.”

“I am getting you out of here.” He replied.

“Why?”

“Because you are my friend Ashley… That is what friends do…” Vulcan said, smiling.

“Vulcan….”

“I don’t care about your eyes… You are you…” Vulcan said. “Now, let’s get you out of here. It is my purpose… My reason to live…”

“Purpose???” She said, staring at him. He is just like…

“I am sorry…” Kaze said, smiling. He hugged me tightly. “We love you little sister…”

“Please, I don’t want to be alone.” I said, crying.

“Kita, this is our propose, our reason to live. We can’t ignore it.” Kyohei said, hugging me also. “So my little sister, this is goodbye.”

Why???

Then all of the sudden, the room started to move. It was moving upwards. “What is going on? The room is shaking.”

“I don’t know…” Vulcan said, trying to break the chains. “I have to get you out.”

“Just leave me Vulcan. Save yourself…” Kitaru snapped.

“No, I am not a type of person to leave a friend behind. Besides, you are like family.” Vulcan said, trying his best to break the chain. We don’t have much time…Then they were in front of the whole town. “Shit…”

“TRAITOR…” The people screamed.

“OUR GREAT VULCAN HAS ALREADY BETRAYED US.” The Priest announced. “He is bewitched by the seed of hell.” He pointed to him. “GUARDS, SEIZES HIM AT ONCE…” The guards raced towards him and Vulcan battle his way through them but there were so many.

“VULCAN, PLEASE LEAVE ME…” She screamed.

“No, I am not leaving you.” He snapped. He continued to fight onward. I have to save her… I have to… People fled away from the scene, hoping to not get caught in the fight. Soon after, Vulcan finished off all the guards and walked towards Kitaru. “We are going to leave together. Then all of the sudden, the Priest hit him hard on the head. He collapsed on his knees.

“You pathetic mortal, siding with the demon…” The Priest said, pulling out a sword. “I am going to end you.”

“Vulcan, get up…” Kitaru said.

“Sorry Princess…” Vulcan said, smiling. Sorry that I couldn’t save you Kitaru… I am so sorry that I failed as a friend.

“VULCAN!!!” She screamed. She watched her friend get stabbed through the chest. Blood raced everywhere. “Vulcan…” The Priest pulled his blade away from his inert body. No…No… Not again…. Vulcan collapsed to the ground. “VULCAN!!!”

“Now, let us begin the sentence.” The Priest said, lifting up his blade in the air. The town's people threw rotten vegetables and rocks at her, calling her a devil. Stacks of hay surrounded her and her chains were tight as ever. Then they torched the hay and cheered for her torment.

THIS… CAN… BE… HAPPENING!!! She thought. Her heart was pounding harshly. She stared at her friend. Not again… Ice burst out her body, setting out the flames. “I AM GOING TO KILL ALL OF YOU…” Her ice shield rises above her, transforming into a dragon. “I WON’T FORGIVE YOU ALL!!!!” The Dragon raced towards the building, destroying every single one. Everyone raced away but she froze all of them. The town was completely covered with ice. She then was freed from her bonds and walked towards the Priest.

“STOP HER!!!” The Priest screamed. The guards raced towards her with their blades. She struck them with bullets and kept on walking. When she finally reached him, she gripped his neck.

“Please spare me…”

“I am a demon… Have you ever heard of a merciful demon?”