The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, I won't lie here. This story came to me from a very peculiar dream I had a while back and I wrote out until I couldn't think anymore one night. Anyway, hope you enjoy. ^^ I've done FanFiction before, it just has been a very very very very very very...ad nauseum long time.

Revelations

I’ve known war all my life. I don’t know where I originated from, or who my parents are. I was born into this organization whose sole purpose is protection, conquest, and victory at all costs. They raised me, trained me to be one of their own, and throughout my life, I’ve felt the sweet taste of victory, and the humbling scars of defeat. I even have ascended to the rank of Lieutenant in their hierarchy. I know, and several others I have met and befriended in my time here know I deserve to ascend to greater heights. But for some reason, the generals refuse to acknowledge my requests to join their ranks. They say I am unprepared for the role, that the burden will be too great to bear. I, however, feel they are afraid to let me into their inner circle…the corrupt, greedy, scandalous men they truly are and are ashamed to uncover their true objectives. I’ve been in this hell for far too long to be oblivious to the truth. If I am ever to achieve a higher status, I must lower myself to their standards. I refuse to do so, and thus I am stuck with what I have. I find myself with my friends and one of those bastard generals in yet another mission to bring peace, defeating the evils that plague this continent.

Recently, I have found myself questioning if these “evils” we face truly are villainous. They seem too disorganized and defunct to truly be a threat to us. Are we only instilling fear into those who oppose us, instead of bringing true justice? Are we just mercenaries to the bigwig with the highest bid? I’m getting beside myself, or am I? We have been in this area of the continent for some time now, and I have heard a legend of the swamp nearby. The general who leads us says they are the final evil we must relinquish before we return home, but really, what could be so hazardous in a swamp that could possibly harm these villagers? It’s not the swamp…it’s the people who inhabit it. Locals say they have rather supernatural powers, then again, so do I..or so I’ve been told. These “swamp people” cause nightmarish illusions to be seen by ever dares to face them, mystically dragging their poor victim to the swamp to be sacrificed to their deity. Their god, who they say, is finally weakening in power. In other words, the reason we are here: to kill her. Regrettably to the poor general who is stuck with us here, I’m the only one brave enough to enter this swamp. He refuses to let me go alone, and forces a squad of men to reluctantly join me. There’s no telling what we will face when we near the swamp; who knows, I might just learn something new about myself, my purpose, and whether this swamp is truly to blame for the harm done here. Myths say swamp civilizations are usually peaceful, relying solely on the resources nature gives them, only attacking if they themselves are attacked. Only time will tell if this myth is truly fact…and so I forge on.
“Lieutenant Miranishi!?! Where the ****ing hell are you…you sly woman!” General Tsukiro screams out, deafening the ears of the poor soldiers who stood before him. “Right here sir. I was just in the other room making final preparations for this journey. ‘Bout time it came though.” I say to the general, spitting to the ground beside me. Ryukira Miranishi, that’s me, the poor ***** being yelled for like some slave dog by this pompous *******, General Tsukiro. I don’t know why I got paired up with him though, the organization knows he and I don’t really see eye to eye. *sigh* Orders are orders nonetheless. “Aherm. Finally indeed, lieutenant. The day has finally come to liberate Orathanon from these swamp monsters. I have at last found a crew to go with you to this swamp, so that way you don’t go gallivanting alone and get yourself killed, heh heh. As reluctant as they are to join you, nevertheless.” Tsukiro smirked. “And what in God’s green gables makes you think I’d die if I went alone in the first place. You and I both know truthfully I’m equal in stature to you, if not higher. I wouldn’t put it past these poor souls to run away at the first sight of trouble we get.” I sighed. “Now look here, you little *****. The circle of command will never let you in with that attitude so you better be grateful you are where you’re at now. Policy dictates that no soldier, no matter how high in rank, NEVER goes on a mission alone. Besides, the sooner you finish this task, the sooner you and I can get out of this shithole and I never have to look at your fugly face again,” the general grimaced. “Ah ha, so you know I will be the one who finishes this job. How noble of you to finally oblige that fact…” I chuckled. He then glared at me, sneering, “Well then, nevertheless, you and these men here know what the task at hand is. To rid Orathanon of the storied Brianthi swamp and its unusual inhabitants…most notably, their leader, or their “god,” as they call her. So then, off you lot go now. Dismissed…and Miranishit, don’t be a f-in hero for once in your godforsaken life.” Once he had finished his statement, he slammed the door to his office behind him. “Well, it’s good to know the general has faith in us, eh? Ha. The old fart doesn’t know what’s good for ‘im. Anyway boys, let’s get this mission over and done with, hm?” I smile. “Yes, Lieutenant Miranishi!” The group of 4 soldier responded in unison as they followed me out the compound. “…Just call me Ryukira, guys, sheesh. You know I hate formalities when they’re unnecessary.” I sighed.

End of Chapter

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Another good read*_* A couple errors scattered here and there, but well-written. I enjoyed the characterization so far, too:)
Thanks. ^^
Nice! All I have to suggest is splitting it into a few paragraphs instead of a huge block of text. Other than that, I really liked it!
This is just how I had it on another forum, and when I posted it there, I wasn't quite sure how to divide it, but that just fit best. Nevertheless, thank you. ^^
It was interesting :) But yeah divide it into paragraphs :p

And wow and old member I've necer seen before :0
Okay, okay, I get it. xD And well I've been inactive for a little bit; I just felt like finally posting.