Religion : Is it key to our fate and life ?

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know its bit odd to add in anime discussion, i have been growing more religious because of my family losing their lives in the accident.

I am thinking of returning back to my catholic ways after being hardcore atheist i was before , after going through the trauma i am starting to believe there is fate and time that ticks to our mind.

Do you think there is fate wriiten and do you think Jesus is really the way to the life when you want to move on with life after going through trauma . Have you face incidents where you thought religion helped you ?

@Michael92 @YowYan @Avani

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I convey my condolences.

For me, there is no evidence that God exists. Thus, I do not believe in God. I am not going to pray to God when hard times come as that is self deception, i.e; I am denying reality and accepting fantasy.

In my view, everything is the universe. I was the universe before I was born, I am the universe when I am alive and I will be the universe after I die. This applies to everyone else. The fact that I and everyone else are the universe gives me immense joy. We all are united and eternal as the universe.

Putting that aside, I would grieve. I would not take shelther in fantasy to get rid of that grief. The grief is proof that I cared about those things. Over time, I will overcome the grief and become a stronger person. The grief will then become a positive force to bring change.

To sum it up:-

Everything is the universe. We are all eternal in the physical sense. We do not need the concept of God to help us be eternal because we already are.

Loss is inevitable and so is Grief. Praying to God is the denial of reality, loss and grief at the same time.

Take your time to accept the grief. Once you can accept it, make the grief into a positive force.

Praying to God achieves nothing. It is a waste of time. I would rather cry as it is a more productive action.

Last edited:

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have been thinking life and fate of human existence and purpose of our role. I have not read religious books for year , i usually dont feel to take shelter in the idea the god will give every answer .

I understand to the fact we all came for purpose and fullfill our point . Its always hard to find those answer anywhere.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am so very sorry for your loss.. I don't even want to imagine how I'd feel if I were in your shoes.
Hopefully you'll be able to move on with your life soon

Regarding your faith; If you use religion for a reason such as a family tragedy, I have absolutely no quarrel with it.
If it helps you find peace within and a purpose along the way, go for it.

But if you want my actual thoughts on it.. The story of Jesus is much older than the Abrahamic religions and is really not some savior that will return to earth some day. Well, no, yeah, He does return every morning and walks across the sky in 12 steps, walking on water when its rays shine on the lake, turning water to wine by riping grapes with its light, and indeed gives light and life to the people.

Its all very simply decrypted if one really wants to understand instead of believing.

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto and Shanks

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have been thinking life and fate of human existence and purpose of our role. I have not read religious books for year , i usually dont feel to take shelter in the idea the god will give every answer .

I understand to the fact we all came for purpose and fullfill our point . Its always hard to find those answer anywhere.
Watch the videos.

You must be registered for see medias

You must be registered for see medias

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My condolences Shanks! I am at loss for words. It's never easy to deal with death in family. Some part of life suddenly has a gap and the plans and life one had built with that person comes to a sudden halt and get shattered. And then one doesn't know what to do with oneself. We all deal with this differently. If you wish to fill this sudden vacuum with religion it's up to you.

You asked what I think of fate and jesus...

If fate is written and out time is already decided then does belief or non belief even matter? I would not put too much faith in to it. We cannot know our fate, even if there is such a thing. We do not know when our time will end either. We can only act. That is the only thing we really have a control over- our actions. So one should not worry about the fate in the first place. Do our best so that there are no regrets. We would have at least tried.

Loss is part of life. Of course, we cannot replace people in our life as easily as a material possession or job. We may have to make some major changes and seek out others or do things on our own without that extra support we could take for granted till now. But eventually it's our life.

Human existence and purpose of life? Why do we exist and what's our purpose has been root of so many theories that started several religions but we haven't found a definite answer yet. Nor we can. Since you ask directly I have to say I do not think of Jesus as savior. We make our own icons and philosophy to live by. This whole concept of everyone being a sinner and someone else died for it and now following him will get you rewarded for heaven and not following to hell is too primitive idea for me. The whole concept of one true god and false gods itself is back to the tribal belief of every tribe putting their own god supreme.

Of course you can still study Heaven, moksha , nirvana, nothingness , whatever you want to explore if you feel like getting in philosophy. Or you can engage yourself in some other activities that get you back on track in life. Or both. But concentrate on moving on. One purpose of life is living it despite such set backs and keep moving.

Death is a harsh reality we all must face sooner or later and still have to go on with our own life too. Yes grief will take it's course and may not go away completely but it does get better with time. If time is the biggest destroyer it's also the biggest healer in such a case. Try not to dwell too much on the grief. Find some creative work to do. Remember that your loved ones would wish the best for you too. Cherish the nice moments you spent with your family . Take care of yourself. Try some physical exercise/yoga for you overall health. Pranayam and meditation also help.

Reactions: Rohan and Shanks

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think there is an objective answer, for different people it's different if it's good or bad. There is no correcnt answer.

ALSO I still hold on to my theory that athests trying to prove religion wrong are just joking without realizing it and nothing they say is actually true.

• Wow
Reactions: Shanks and minamoto

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think there is an objective answer, for different people it's different if it's good or bad. There is no correcnt answer.

ALSO I still hold on to my theory that athests trying to prove religion wrong are just joking without realizing it and nothing they say is actually true.
It's like when movies attempt to kill God only to view themselves as Gods.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I dont believe mocking religion was ever good thing , with pandemic onslaught and people losing life i think i am closer to god more than ever.

Each one of us have opinion what they think god is real or not and our purpose we live in for ,I think atheist have their views as well.
Post automatically merged:

My condolences Shanks! I am at loss for words. It's never easy to deal with death in family. Some part of life suddenly has a gap and the plans and life one had built with that person comes to a sudden halt and get shattered. And then one doesn't know what to do with oneself. We all deal with this differently. If you wish to fill this sudden vacuum with religion it's up to you.

You asked what I think of fate and jesus...

If fate is written and out time is already decided then does belief or non belief even matter? I would not put too much faith in to it. We cannot know our fate, even if there is such a thing. We do not know when our time will end either. We can only act. That is the only thing we really have a control over- our actions. So one should not worry about the fate in the first place. Do our best so that there are no regrets. We would have at least tried.

Loss is part of life. Of course, we cannot replace people in our life as easily as a material possession or job. We may have to make some major changes and seek out others or do things on our own without that extra support we could take for granted till now. But eventually it's our life.

Human existence and purpose of life? Why do we exist and what's our purpose has been root of so many theories that started several religions but we haven't found a definite answer yet. Nor we can. Since you ask directly I have to say I do not think of Jesus as savior. We make our own icons and philosophy to live by. This whole concept of everyone being a sinner and someone else died for it and now following him will get you rewarded for heaven and not following to hell is too primitive idea for me. The whole concept of one true god and false gods itself is back to the tribal belief of every tribe putting their own god supreme.

Of course you can still study Heaven, moksha , nirvana, nothingness , whatever you want to explore if you feel like getting in philosophy. Or you can engage yourself in some other activities that get you back on track in life. Or both. But concentrate on moving on. One purpose of life is living it despite such set backs and keep moving.

Death is a harsh reality we all must face sooner or later and still have to go on with our own life too. Yes grief will take it's course and may not go away completely but it does get better with time. If time is the biggest destroyer it's also the biggest healer in such a case. Try not to dwell too much on the grief. Find some creative work to do. Remember that your loved ones would wish the best for you too. Cherish the nice moments you spent with your family . Take care of yourself. Try some physical exercise/yoga for you overall health. Pranayam and meditation also help.
I am studying yoga and reading old hindu mythology books. I definitely think the past is just another part of journey its true i am engaged in different activities trying to forget it .

Last edited:
Reactions: Avani and YowYan

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
While I cannot give you any definitive answers, I can offer my condolences. I may not be religious but I have been helped by religion a lot back when I still was so I will not blame you if you give it a shot. Just be honest with yourself and decide if you genuinely believe the catholic faith is true or if you're just using it to fill the hole in your heart.

Reactions: Shanks

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Geez, uhm... I dunno really, it feels like the opposite for me. I feel as though I believe less now in anything than I ever did before. Life is fragile, short-lived, we live and we die and for what purpose? Does anything actually matter in the end? 100 years from now, 1000 years from now, what difference did anything make? That's the stuff I've been thinking as of late, guess that's why you tagged me too since we talked about losing people close to us. I could elaborate but I don't see no reason to... Life is like a bar of chocolate. You enjoy it while it lasts, then it's gone for good.

Reactions: Shanks