Ryuusaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome thread. Some guy posts news about putting religion in quarantine, banning it from being practiced in all pedagogic context. Few posts later some tunnel-visioned atheist indirectly states how much this pleases him, and how religion is stupid and how he is right, making every argument stated by the religious people seem freshly pulled out of their asses. SHITSTORM.

Discussion about religion when all you have is the mentality of this forum to your disposition = bad idea. You'll always have "Mr.Omniscience" that insists it's all wrong, and that he is right. FOK YEAH, INTERNET.

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome thread. Some guy posts news about putting religion in quarantine, banning it from being practiced in all pedagogic context. Few posts later some tunnel-visioned atheist indirectly states how much this pleases him, and how religion is stupid and how he is right, making every argument stated by the religious people seem freshly pulled out of their asses. SHITSTORM.

Discussion about religion when all you have is the mentality of this forum to your disposition = bad idea. You'll always have "Mr.Omniscience" that insists it's all wrong, and that he is right. FOK YEAH, INTERNET.

And there is always the vague know-it-all, who criticizes everything in a very vague and futile way, hiding his true ideas with seemingly smart and funny sentences, out of the afraid of being mauled by people with actual opinions, probably because of his own uncertainties and poorly consolidated thoughts.

And by that, I mean you.

Oh, i'll leave you know with a video of a dog showing his thong

Last edited:

Alucard

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i completely agree with religion being banned from schools (exception is if you're on a religious school of course).

School is a place to study and learn, not to pray or something like that. There are designed places for such stuff.
Public schools have students with different ethnicities and religions, which would probably end up in conflicts and this is one way to avoid it.
As i said, people have different religions, which means it's something personal. If it's something personal you shouldn't do it in public places, but in your house or on other places like churches, which is your place and where you have every right to do it.

squiremarcus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Texas Legeslature has recently passed a new law banning religeose acts of students or
teachers at any time on campus this was filed through as of march 31 2010
the law has changed and i also live in texas so i check up on these things
then why is it that when I type in religion banned texas this is the first thingthat comes up? TBH I think you read whatever you found this from wrong as texas is truly one of the most conservative(/religous) states in the united states and any such actions would likely have gained widespread media coverage. However if you would show me any proof in the form of news that what you say is true, I wil kindly retract my post

Casidesia

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Actually, its just that you cant make kids pray or any of that.
talking about religion (its still apart of the curriculum for us to learn about the different religions), and self prayer are accepted.
besides, most people here done even pay attention to that rule.
(i live in texas, i should know)

damon241

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i believe, and this is of course just an opinion, but religion should (and is) allowed into school's. although it is not part of the school itself it IS part of the students. although many students are religious there are also those who are not. this is where the problem lies. some, extreme, students will prosecute others for there beliefs. now this happens in the world outside of school, it should not happen in school. similar cases involve sexual orientation, but thats another subject. the point is it should be allowed but not to the point in which children are being prosecuted by their peers.
again this is just my opinion.

Jediah

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I suppose it doesn't matter if religion isn't a part of the curriculum; all that matters is that each student - religious or not - is given the same chance to receive an education.

Musashibo

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I completely agree with this ban on the pledge at least. The school grounds have their own rules and as much schools do already, praying and doing religious practices is not really allowed at school. Those times are during class, or the actions done like recruiting or making other forced to believe in a god.

The pledge of allegiance made all kids from when they can speak correctly to senior year, in some school, always say it all even if you are Buddhist or even Atheist. This is a form of forced religion at a large scale, but small dose. Just saying "Under God" is making you pledge to the "General God" which is unfair and also horrible for most people. Now I know that it's not too big of a deal and people revolt, or whatever you want to call it, by not even saying the pledge.

The school I went to, just for a base of my opinion and also for example, always did the pledge like any other school but also made us stand and say it. I, from around 5th grade, haven't said the pledge again since I always disbelieved any religion. Now I do not force, contribute, or perform anything to tell others to do the same nor gather others that do not believe in the "faith" to recruit others. I also believe that atheist is just another religion, but just to go against the common or all around world religion of any faith around that area.

This is all opinion and I say believe in what, who, or also practice in any shape or form to your hearts content; but school is for educational practice, but religious practice. That is why they always give you the option to make a group for after school activities (correction if wrong?) to do any religious actions or rituals that do not break any laws. Beliefs are fine, as long as you do it on your own time, and not the school's.

>.> I like this topic, even if I might be a bit late on this one.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I completely agree with this ban on the pledge at least. The school grounds have their own rules and as much schools do already, praying and doing religious practices is not really allowed at school. Those times are during class, or the actions done like recruiting or making other forced to believe in a god.

The pledge of allegiance made all kids from when they can speak correctly to senior year, in some school, always say it all even if you are Buddhist or even Atheist. This is a form of forced religion at a large scale, but small dose. Just saying "Under God" is making you pledge to the "General God" which is unfair and also horrible for most people. Now I know that it's not too big of a deal and people revolt, or whatever you want to call it, by not even saying the pledge.

The school I went to, just for a base of my opinion and also for example, always did the pledge like any other school but also made us stand and say it. I, from around 5th grade, haven't said the pledge again since I always disbelieved any religion. Now I do not force, contribute, or perform anything to tell others to do the same nor gather others that do not believe in the "faith" to recruit others. I also believe that atheist is just another religion, but just to go against the common or all around world religion of any faith around that area.

This is all opinion and I say believe in what, who, or also practice in any shape or form to your hearts content; but school is for educational practice, but religious practice. That is why they always give you the option to make a group for after school activities (correction if wrong?) to do any religious actions or rituals that do not break any laws. Beliefs are fine, as long as you do it on your own time, and not the school's.

>.> I like this topic, even if I might be a bit late on this one.
First of all, the fact that you don't believe in some sort of God and thus choose to be an atheist, doesn't mean that it's "just to go against the common or all around world religion of any faith around that area."

I have not much to add to that, with the exeption that I could agree at some level with Kiwii's hypothesis about Religious education. Religion is a very abstract object, and so you aren't able to comprehend it at low ages. It's perfectly fine for adults to have a religion, I assume that they thought about it, reflected about it, and then accepted it. But inflict upon their children the same faith it's just, in my way, a break over their rights.

I could agree that when their kids got older and start to make their own choices, then, as their decision, they could go to the church, and do the catechism. But not before.

Though I don't know aout this because I wouldn't know how to raise my child properly. What would I do when my son ask about religion? Would I just say that he isn't old enough to understand it? It would make him question himself throughout the years... It's our duty to teach him values and to make him as knowlegeble as we can, but what can we do to make him take those decisions without being influenced by others?

SasukeKun

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i like it. religon should be kept a home not at school. i wish they did this where i was.

but then again i like they spend some time to do the national anthem wastes some class time