Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've got the same perspections on some parts. I believe in the body and the soul, the spirit is for me my sould. I see no reason why I should divide them. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I strongly have trust in my soul.

I have no feelings for a routine incarnation, that there are certain rules or restrictions like 40 days to reincarnate. However I can imagine that it is more wild, unverifiable. That some souls are able to get again attached to a body, but I can't say it's a blessing or a curse.

I agree with you that the soul learns, that it absorbs everything you learned through your life and it grows itself. To me it's the manifestation of your life. But I believe this is something individual for every person.
You feel it through meditation, but other feel it other ways. I also feel rest when I just relax and think. My favourite spot for that is my window, because I can see my yard clearly. It's an ugly one, but I can see those midget-rabbits of my sister sunbathing in the morning sun, completely relaxed.
However I experience the true progress of my life when I do the exact opposite. I can feel my soul the strongest when I push my body far beyond it's limits, it's then I'm the most aware of my sould and my progress. If I hadn't a soul, I would never be able to overcome the limits of my body. That's what I believe.
You feel your soul in meditation, I in activation. Also I believe that the soul is a reflection of your true self and not your body. It's possible that you have been in a wheelchair for your whole life and that your legs are nothing more than bones with skin, but that your soul is a giant.
You're soul is formed how you have experienced life, independent from your body.
For me the soul and the spirit are 2 completely different things, they have different needs and different ways of expression. But thats just details :p

What you do is meditating by the way ^^ People have this idea of meditation, of a on old man with a beard sitting in the lotus position forming mudras with his hands. It's not true. Meditation isn't always like that, there are active meditations like what you do and you dont know it lol.
For example:

You cant see it there, but that swirling lasts for one hour where you just release your breaths from your hara and you swirl like this for 45 minutes, if you stop you fall and fall badly, I'm telling you xD If you keep meditating there isn't a power strong enough to stop your swirling.

I don't agree with you about your last sentence. Body, soul and spirit are united. Until you die.
But point is that through meditation, of any form even if it is just hanging out with your friends but being aware of where you are, who you are and what you do, you can see and understand. And you can even remember.

Dean-Winchester

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For me the soul and the spirit are 2 completely different things, they have different needs and different ways of expression. But thats just details :p

What you do is meditating by the way ^^ People have this idea of meditation, of a on old man with a beard sitting in the lotus position forming mudras with his hands. It's not true. Meditation isn't always like that, there are active meditations like what you do and you dont know it lol.
For example:

You cant see it there, but that swirling lasts for one hour where you just release your breaths from your hara and you swirl like this for 45 minutes, if you stop you fall and fall badly, I'm telling you xD If you keep meditating there isn't a power strong enough to stop your swirling.

I don't agree with you about your last sentence. Body, soul and spirit are united. Until you die.
But point is that through meditation, of any form even if it is just hanging out with your friends but being aware of where you are, who you are and what you do, you can see and understand. And you can even remember.
So tru REi
V has for a gud woman

V DONT MESS THIS UP:p

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

For example:

My definition of meditation is that you rest and think. The image of a monk always pops up in my head, but not necessarily in lotus position. I even imagined that he stands on his head, but dancing people is indeed not something I expect when I hear the word meditation.

Maybe I explained my last sentence not very clear. I meant that your own soul is not a reflection of your looks, because your looks are mostly genetic determined. Take the wheelchair guy again, if you don't agree with my last statement that means that his soul is also in a wheelchair.:confused:

I also believe, just like you, there's a unification between the soul and the body, but I see it more like a very good co-orperation. This next example maybe silly, but you can compare the body and soul with a pair of shoes. They are 2 shoes and you can use them seperate, but they always work the best if they are together. Actually you contradict yourself a bit, because if the soul would look exactly like your body, reincarnatin would be impossible because you will go into another body that looks different.

You can say then that the soul changes his look, but that means that something had to change it's form. Even if this something is some kind of swirling plasma, it's still a form different from the body.

I believe strong in the co-orperation between the body and soul. But the body won't change that much when it goes through lots of experience. What I believe is that this experiences changes the form and looks of your own soul. Body and soul work the best together, but just like the pair of shoes they can be seperated, otherwise your believe in reincarnation would be impossible.

Last edited:

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know those deja vu feelings?
You get those because you've gone through something very similar to that in your past life
Same with "love at first sight" feelings
or "close to death" events
the times where you almost die might be because you died somewhat like that in a past life
but you subconciously remembered for a split second and avoided your death from so long ago

I made this up when I was younger
Now it's what I believe in
No it doesn't... See, your memories are divided into 2 different cathegories: Long term and Short term memory.

Things you see and do on the daily base are stored and processed on the Short Term Memory. They're easily forgoten.

Then you have events that mark you. And they get stored on your Long Term Memory. Like riding a bike. Or what you call memories.

When you have a deja v?, what happens inside your body is that stuff that should go to the Short Term Memory suffer an anomaly and get processed on the Long term. That way, you feel like something happened before but it's new. No pass life... jus a mal-funcion on your nervous sistem...

Love at first sight is when you connect right away with a person. It has to do with the smell and the looks of that person. It makes you produce more hormones than the normal. Its just an higher level of atraction.
I won't start my Freud theories cuz I think this is enough.

Close to death experience are just stupid. These people suffer anomalies on their nervous sistem and hormones production that makes them experience a temporary euphoria. Many just lie about what they seen, many just get confused by strong lights and stuff. But most of them tangle their beliefs (faith, religion) with reality. They want soo bad to experience that that they do. But it's only on your mind.

As you can see, I'm sorry to shaken your beliefs... but scientifically, they're just wrong.
Now emotionaly, I just can't be that pessimist about life. I can't understand why you aren't just happy for be alive. It's a wonder to be able to experience these king of breathtaking landscapes and episodes.

Bottom of line, You all should stop worrying about death and focus on living your life.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it doesn't... See, your memories are divided into 2 different cathegories: Long term and Short term memory.

Things you see and do on the daily base are stored and processed on the Short Term Memory. They're easily forgoten.

Then you have events that mark you. And they get stored on your Long Term Memory. Like riding a bike. Or what you call memories.

When you have a deja v?, what happens inside your body is that stuff that should go to the Short Term Memory suffer an anomaly and get processed on the Long term. That way, you feel like something happened before but it's new. No pass life... jus a mal-funcion on your nervous sistem...

Love at first sight is when you connect right away with a person. It has to do with the smell and the looks of that person. It makes you produce more hormones than the normal. Its just an higher level of atraction.
I won't start my Freud theories cuz I think this is enough.

Close to death experience are just stupid. These people suffer anomalies on their nervous sistem and hormones production that makes them experience a temporary euphoria. Many just lie about what they seen, many just get confused by strong lights and stuff. But most of them tangle their beliefs (faith, religion) with reality. They want soo bad to experience that that they do. But it's only on your mind.

As you can see, I'm sorry to shaken your beliefs... but scientifically, they're just wrong.
Now emotionaly, I just can't be that pessimist about life. I can't understand why you aren't just happy for be alive. It's a wonder to be able to experience these king of breathtaking landscapes and episodes.

Bottom of line, You all should stop worrying about death and focus on living your life.

You cannot prove that. And you don't have the right to acuse people in lying about such things. You have never been to that state, and hopefully u'll never never be, but please why are your statements based on science if science cannot prove the people wrong.
I've heard many things about close-to-death state, and usually there were 3 kinds of people shown, the ones which believe, the ones which have been to that state and the ones who are scientists.
The scientists, as you may have assumed, always deny anything but science and stick to the scientific stuff about brain cells imagination/lack of oxygene and lies. But please they cannot prove it. Many scientists also think that we are the only ones to exist in this universe >.<

Anyway, I would not like to stick to your opinion based on scientific facts because science is not science if it cannot prove something with 100% accuracy.

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You cannot prove that. And you don't have the right to acuse people in lying about such things. You have never been to that state, and hopefully u'll never never be, but please why are your statements based on science if science cannot prove the people wrong.
I've heard many things about close-to-death state, and usually there were 3 kinds of people shown, the ones which believe, the ones which have been to that state and the ones who are scientists.
The scientists, as you may have assumed, always deny anything but science and stick to the scientific stuff about brain cells imagination/lack of oxygene and lies. But please they cannot prove it. Many scientists also think that we are the only ones to exist in this universe >.<

Anyway, I would not like to stick to your opinion based on scientific facts because science is not science if it cannot prove something with 100% accuracy.
You want more accuracy than that? Everything that defines you is based on electrical impulses that it just to keep your body alive. It's sad, but I cannot surround myself on a lie that I'll never truly believe

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You want more accuracy than that? Everything that defines you is based on electrical impulses that it just to keep your body alive. It's sad, but I cannot surround myself on a lie that I'll never truly believe
Yup it is true, yet science cannot say what will happen to you when you die.

Do you believe you will fall into sleep withut having any dreams? >.<

Or imagine yourself feeling nothing... you;'re dead.. no impulses ? How's that?

..Chill.. Klitz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yup it is true, yet science cannot say what will happen to you when you die.

Do you believe you will fall into sleep withut having any dreams? >.<

Or imagine yourself feeling nothing... you;'re dead.. no impulses ? How's that?
Entirely possible, the only reason we feel and dream in our sleep, is cause our brain is still active on a subconscious level, so our nerves are still transmitting feeling, and of course we dream cause of our subconscious, when you die however, that's it, your brain is nothing, just a gooey lump in your skull, it's not active, there's no signals coming from your nerves, it's over. So it's highly possible you will just cease to be.

Alucard

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe in reincarnation
I believe that where we are is hell
and if we are sinful in our life, we have to live again
in hell
So we keep reincarnating until we get it right
then and only then can we die and live heaven... or whatever
You know those deja vu feelings?
You get those because you've gone through something very similar to that in your past life

Same with "love at first sight" feelings
or "close to death" events
the times where you almost die might be because you died somewhat like that in a past life
but you subconciously remembered for a split second and avoided your death from so long ago

I made this up when I was younger
Now it's what I believe in

What religion is that?
For me a deja vu is when your memory fails for a split of second.
i.e. you visit a castle and you feel like your were there, thats b/c you enter and you are viweng something or talk to someone, your looking to that someone but your eyes watch the background (castle) too, but you just dont pay attention, then your memorie fails for a split of second and you remember the castle like if you already were there but no, your memorie remembers the background you saw when you were talking to a person. Its more or less like that, i cant explain very well =/

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting discussion, one side completely scientific and the other side more emotional/spiritual. And like always I'm in the middle of it.

D?j? vu's are things that still haven't been understand fully by science. You gave a good explanation that's likely true, but things like d?j? vu's are things that probarly never gonna give a 100% truth, it keeps sticking into theories and hypotheses. It's the same deal with yawning, there are always things in the theory that doesn't sound right.
Nonetheless that d?j? vu's are made of previous lifes is in my opinion not true. Why? Because if you consider that you directly reincarnate after you died, at least 10-15 years pass by before you have complete control over your own emotions. The world keeps changing rapidly, it's almost impossible to get again in that same situation. If you have a d?j? vu when you're at the computer, it's impossible that it comes from a previous life because in that time they hadn't had computers, except the military and those were very different computers.
Let alone if you reincarnated from someone of the middle ages. Their vision on life was completely different than that of ours and the world looked completely different.

With the near-dead experience it's the same remark for both. Again a good explanation of Kiwii, however it's again a theory. But it has nothing to do with reicarnations. Why? Because I doubt you will die twice on the same manner and there is one thing you need to know: Some animals, like apes, have got certain emotions. Other animals almost none. But there is one emotion every animal in the world has: Death. How does a fish knows that he has to swim away if a shark comes? How does an antilope know that it has to run away when I lion comes? Simple: instinct.
Don't forget we are still animals, only "culturised". Most of our primary instincts we almost lost or changed. But when we are almost dead, that instinct just pops up, but combine that primary instinct with yourself-conscious and you will have a pretty weird feeling.

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For me a deja vu is when your memory fails for a split of second.
i.e. you visit a castle and you feel like your were there, thats b/c you enter and you are viweng something or talk to someone, your looking to that someone but your eyes watch the background (castle) too, but you just dont pay attention, then your memorie fails for a split of second and you remember the castle like if you already were there but no, your memorie remembers the background you saw when you were talking to a person. Its more or less like that, i cant explain very well =/
That's why I done it allready... check my post

And I'll advice CandyMan to check my first post. because what he just said is what I believe

Ace

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For me, its either Heaven or Hell. Not to offend any1 or shake their faith in what they believe in, but reincarnation doesn't make sense... If you lose all memory of ur previous life, what was the point of living that life? And then how could you be sure to worship the same god as u did in ur previous life?

Universal Enlightenment

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For me, its either Heaven or Hell. Not to offend any1 or shake their faith in what they believe in, but reincarnation doesn't make sense... If you lose all memory of ur previous life, what was the point of living that life? And then how could you be sure to worship the same god as u did in ur previous life?
Lmao True That i Agree

Chavez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't believe in anything that anyone has posted here. My thoughts and desire for more knowledge are not limited by silly things as religion. If I'd have to give my beliefs a name, it would be "Extratellarian Zo-otropism", which elaborates into the belief of a "variable or alternating multiverse".

If you want to know more, please tell me, I'll create a blog entry about it.