Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ohai, well lets kick things into gear.

To start off, let me know a few things about you, and your bios, your goals, something i can relate what we are learning too. What bios do you have now? What bios do you want? How do you want to fight? Up close, or ranged, or gen, or a mix, the more you put the more i can help you reach those goals and teach you the information you will need to know. Once you do this we will jump straight into remaking your bios, the kumi system and specials xd

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks for helping me out.

I got into this rp at around 2013 and went inactive at late 2016, but I never was what you'd consider "very active". Just watching the rp community evolve and keeping up to date with the RP people/events satisfied me to some degree. I partook in some events here and there, but again, wasn't very active. Currently have a Dark release and a Gamni bio. Might want to go for swift release at some point.

As for goals basically have fun, and maybe attain sage title if it's still a thing. I enjoy genjutsu although I don't use them too often during fights. I usually try to keep it mid/long-range, but would also like to get more experience with close quarters combat as that is currently my weakness (would be great for swift release too).

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for helping me out.

I got into this rp at around 2013 and went inactive at late 2016, but I never was what you'd consider "very active". Just watching the rp community evolve and keeping up to date with the RP people/events satisfied me to some degree. I partook in some events here and there, but again, wasn't very active. Currently have a Dark release and a Gamni bio. Might want to go for swift release at some point.

As for goals basically have fun, and maybe attain sage title if it's still a thing. I enjoy genjutsu although I don't use them too often during fights. I usually try to keep it mid/long-range, but would also like to get more experience with close quarters combat as that is currently my weakness (would be great for swift release too).
No worries i'm here to help ^_^

Well to start with, i've been told your rank now equates to jounin rank. The ranks have been consolidated, you can find them:
- Here

What this means is you can actually have 3 bios at jounin rank. So you could make a swift bio now ^_^

Sage title is indeed still a thing. You just have to pay 25000 kumi xd

Well all those little bits we can work on and that's a great start. You have all the basics, done some fights from you mentioning the tournament i assume? Now lets go for the kumi system.

No more sucking up to get abilities, we have a grind system in place, woohoo. Kumi be the currency of this system and there is whole new ways to earn it:

Ninja world missions:
the ninja world changed, it isn't all about fighting now, its got it's own unique mission system. Basically you pick elements to tell a story or mission, and submit it for checking. Higher the rank the mission, the more content needed, the more risk to your bio etc, but the more kumi you earn in doing so.

Fights: Well, battle arena is still there and in official fights you can earn kumi. If you beat someone of your same rank, you get 500 kumi. If you win on time limit, the value is halved. For each rank lower its -50 kumi, for each rank higher they are, its +50 kumi to your win. If you lose, don't worry they can't steal your kumi. Though you can make wagers or bets in fights.

Sell: You can sell your customs to people, nice way instead of just trading.

Events: Like tournaments and such, you can get kumi prizes.

But how does this work?

Look at the top right hand corner of the forum, look at that little thing called "shop". You tried playing around with that?

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Aah Jounin, good to know. Rankings almost escaped my mind, and nice 3 bios!
Yes, I did okayish in the tournament (just enough to get NB tai xD) and did few battles here and there.

Actually never checked the "shop" button. I see my rain, smoke, sensory and nb tai are added to my inventory too. I also can keep track of all the kumi I get and spend/lose. That's nice.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aah Jounin, good to know. Rankings almost escaped my mind, and nice 3 bios!
Yes, I did okayish in the tournament (just enough to get NB tai xD) and did few battles here and there.

Actually never checked the "shop" button. I see my rain, smoke, sensory and nb tai are added to my inventory too. I also can keep track of all the kumi I get and spend/lose. That's nice.
If i was you i'd start with this thread:
https://animebase.me/threads/nrp-shop-ability-documentation.764864/

List every bio you've ever had with links if needed to prove you had them, same with that NB tai, that will be added to your inventory too, it's the way to keep track of it now. Don't worry about finding all training links, just a bio link proving you had that skill will do :)

Also, within 24 hours of something being added to your inventory, you can sell it back for kumi. So the stuff that's just been added, like smoke, if you weren't going to use that now, you could sell it back. I sold back the ability to use the third raikage O_<

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If i was you i'd start with this thread:
https://animebase.me/threads/nrp-shop-ability-documentation.764864/

List every bio you've ever had with links if needed to prove you had them, same with that NB tai, that will be added to your inventory too, it's the way to keep track of it now. Don't worry about finding all training links, just a bio link proving you had that skill will do :)

Also, within 24 hours of something being added to your inventory, you can sell it back for kumi. So the stuff that's just been added, like smoke, if you weren't going to use that now, you could sell it back. I sold back the ability to use the third raikage O_<
Alrighty, I have now submitted my bios containing abilities that costs kumi in the link you've given me. That's a neat option, ye I'd probably sell my smoke ninjutsu, but will keep rain, sensory and nb tai for now.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alrighty, I have now submitted my bios containing abilities that costs kumi in the link you've given me. That's a neat option, ye I'd probably sell my smoke ninjutsu, but will keep rain, sensory and nb tai for now.
Excellent. If you scroll over smoke in the abilities section, it will tell you the sell back cost ^_^

Anyway, i'm going to see if you get the 1000 kumi to start or 5k for new member ish, probably be more 1k but we can work with that.

Now you know all about kumi and the shop, lets move on to changes in the battles:

- Nothing really, still fight the same, people still quote the same, just make kumi from it now.
It has to be an official fight for kumi though.

Next, is the ninja world. I did touch on it before but there has been some amazing work done to it. It's still the same map and landmarks but wew has some effort gone into this. It went through a revamp of the warring states era, basically back before the village system existed and now you can form clans and build up your clan to village status. I mean there are now 4 villages formed, with kages, but you can aim to lead or join another one that's built up.

https://animebase.me/threads/ninja-world-guidelines-and-rules.757182/

The most i can say is look at that thread. It's all broken down in there and you can ask me anything after.

Not only that but check this sexy feature:

https://animebase.me/pages/map/

Scroll over any part of the map, it tells you what landmark it is and can click on it to go directly to that landmark xd

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Excellent. If you scroll over smoke in the abilities section, it will tell you the sell back cost ^_^

Anyway, i'm going to see if you get the 1000 kumi to start or 5k for new member ish, probably be more 1k but we can work with that.

Now you know all about kumi and the shop, lets move on to changes in the battles:

- Nothing really, still fight the same, people still quote the same, just make kumi from it now.
It has to be an official fight for kumi though.

Next, is the ninja world. I did touch on it before but there has been some amazing work done to it. It's still the same map and landmarks but wew has some effort gone into this. It went through a revamp of the warring states era, basically back before the village system existed and now you can form clans and build up your clan to village status. I mean there are now 4 villages formed, with kages, but you can aim to lead or join another one that's built up.

https://animebase.me/threads/ninja-world-guidelines-and-rules.757182/

The most i can say is look at that thread. It's all broken down in there and you can ask me anything after.

Not only that but check this sexy feature:

https://animebase.me/pages/map/

Scroll over any part of the map, it tells you what landmark it is and can click on it to go directly to that landmark xd
I contacted Pekoms about my smoke ninjutsu and he sorted it out. Thanks for the advice.
Nice to see the map have more versatile territories. And I can just click my way to the appropriate landmark, neat. u_u

From the link you've posted I read that there's now a 45 min waiting time between travels from a landmark to another. There's also the option to remain stationary for 45 min in a landmark to recuperate your chakra if I understand this correctly?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I contacted Pekoms about my smoke ninjutsu and he sorted it out. Thanks for the advice.
Nice to see the map have more versatile territories. And I can just click my way to the appropriate landmark, neat. u_u

From the link you've posted I read that there's now a 45 min waiting time between travels from a landmark to another. There's also the option to remain stationary for 45 min in a landmark to recuperate your chakra if I understand this correctly?
Well i'm sure there are other things you'd like to spend the kumi on. ^_^
Yeah navigation here is awesome.

Yeah you regain chakra per post/day same as health. The health system is VERY important. Have you seen that yet?

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well i'm sure there are other things you'd like to spend the kumi on. ^_^
Yeah navigation here is awesome.

Yeah you regain chakra per post/day same as health. The health system is VERY important. Have you seen that yet?
True that, I need my pay to win sage title xD

I've only seen how much health/chakra each rank has, but I haven't heard about a health system, no.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Right now we have a main forum full of guides:

https://animebase.me/forums/rules-guides-and-updates.676/

It brought most of the rules to one place for reference and help.

And here we have the health system:

https://animebase.me/threads/health-system.751935/
Thank you for the links, I just read quickly through the health system. It seems like the changes made will make battles last for more turns than they used to.

One thing I didn't quite understand in the "Critical Attack" part of the first post. It basically says that landing an attack at a vital organ such as the heart without your opponent noticing would cause your technique to inflict twice as much damage (critical damage). I'm wondering if we no longer can one-shot somebody by stabbing them in the heart? So they can't die through a one-shot?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you for the links, I just read quickly through the health system. It seems like the changes made will make battles last for more turns than they used to.

One thing I didn't quite understand in the "Critical Attack" part of the first post. It basically says that landing an attack at a vital organ such as the heart without your opponent noticing would cause your technique to inflict twice as much damage (critical damage). I'm wondering if we no longer can one-shot somebody by stabbing them in the heart? So they can't die through a one-shot?
The health system is a guide but logic still applies. For example, if you coat your blade in wind and slice a person's head off. They die. No matter the damage value of your wind, if it's able to do something that would logically result in death, they will still die.

As for your question. It depends really how you're doing it. I mean we've seen people stabbed and bleed out, so if it was just a bleed from the heart it would probably give them a couple of turns while severely hindering them. If you destroy their heart and it can't work like a chidori to the heart, they will die, it's a one shot.

It's a guide, which all the stuff in this written based game will be so each situaiton will be different from the next

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The health system is a guide but logic still applies. For example, if you coat your blade in wind and slice a person's head off. They die. No matter the damage value of your wind, if it's able to do something that would logically result in death, they will still die.

As for your question. It depends really how you're doing it. I mean we've seen people stabbed and bleed out, so if it was just a bleed from the heart it would probably give them a couple of turns while severely hindering them. If you destroy their heart and it can't work like a chidori to the heart, they will die, it's a one shot.

It's a guide, which all the stuff in this written based game will be so each situaiton will be different from the next
Sounds reasonable, noted. u_u

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright we shall start with that.

In the ninja world rules we have this post:

https://animebase.me/threads/ninja-world-guidelines-and-rules.757182/post-21749803

Have a run through that as it's explained soooo well. Then hit me up with any questions. Then i'll give you a full example of how i've done it. So like, what element i chose, how i started, link to the mission, how i subbed it, did i pass or fail with hopefully some helpful advise.
Nice read. The post explained everything nicely but just wanna double check the last part of the post.

It says:
"Note: When using Faction Missions as the mission, merely note which mission you are completing rather than the individual elements. Custom Faction missions follow the same guidelines as above, but indicate its nature as a custom faction mission, and for which faction."

So when I begin a faction mission, instead of typing this:
This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:
-Save a large community from danger (5)
-Survive a near-death situation (5)
-Convince a criminal to confess (3)

Summary: This mission will be about saving a local village from destruction at the hands of dangerous bandits. After surviving a near-death situation while fighting the bandits, I will capture one and then convince them to confess to who ordered the attack or who their employer is.

[RP begins here]
I should just copy-paste the mission and begin the rp like so?
Like a Thief in the Night
Faction: The Shogunate of Takauji Ashikaga
Requirement: N/A
Reward: Service Insignia (1x)
Description: A representative of the Shogunate asks you to help them return their kidnapped son to them in exchange for a useful artifact. A member of the Nara clan infiltrated the capital and snatched the child from his bed. We only know of his clan because a guard with a light spotted him exiting the compound, but suddenly found himself unable to move. The perpetrator will be hiding in the old ruins.

[RP begins here]

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice read. The post explained everything nicely but just wanna double check the last part of the post.

It says:
"Note: When using Faction Missions as the mission, merely note which mission you are completing rather than the individual elements. Custom Faction missions follow the same guidelines as above, but indicate its nature as a custom faction mission, and for which faction."

So when I begin a faction mission, instead of typing this:
This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:
-Save a large community from danger (5)
-Survive a near-death situation (5)
-Convince a criminal to confess (3)

Summary: This mission will be about saving a local village from destruction at the hands of dangerous bandits. After surviving a near-death situation while fighting the bandits, I will capture one and then convince them to confess to who ordered the attack or who their employer is.

[RP begins here]
I should just copy-paste the mission and begin the rp like so?
Like a Thief in the Night
Faction: The Shogunate of Takauji Ashikaga
Requirement: N/A
Reward: Service Insignia (1x)
Description: A representative of the Shogunate asks you to help them return their kidnapped son to them in exchange for a useful artifact. A member of the Nara clan infiltrated the capital and snatched the child from his bed. We only know of his clan because a guard with a light spotted him exiting the compound, but suddenly found himself unable to move. The perpetrator will be hiding in the old ruins.

[RP begins here]
Indeed, and then post links to everything to do with the mission :)