SSStylish

Veteran
Kin
93💸
Kumi
2,560💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are your reasons for liking certain characters?

People seem to have vastly different reasons for doing so.

A lot of people like characters they can identify themselves with. Others like the ones that are well written and there are even some that like certain characters just for being strong within the universe.

I usually like the characters that are well written/have a lot of development. I don't really care if the character is nothing like me or if he'd be a bad friend in real life. He just needs to entertain me and be sympathetic.

Reactions: DrProof

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Reasons I like Gaara;

-Voice (bruh his English voice is fire)
-Personality (always cool, and collected)
-Power (Top 15, not debatable)

I don't know anyone who actually dislikes the guy tbh. He's hard to dislike, especially with his harsh past, and how he came up.

Reactions: SSStylish

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Smarts not relying on power but skill at times kakashi and Shikamaru. Funky yet not overpowered jutsu jiraiya, Orochimaru snake abilities his personality is cool
Solo abilities just brutal Madara sama (my favourite ) Itachi Sama.
Abilities,fair, character, class Hanabi Hime sama (favourite female) and Neji.

I don't like characters that talk smack (Naruto), or cry and winge (Naruto), or are plain (Minato) , that don't value themselves.

Oh and I dislike talk no jutsu'd characters they ruin the story and sell out on their convictions.

So in essence some of those I like I can relate with those that I dislike represent my opposite.

Last edited:

SSStylish

Veteran
Kin
93💸
Kumi
2,560💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reasons I like Gaara;

I don't know anyone who actually dislikes the guy tbh. He's hard to dislike, especially with his harsh past, and how he came up.
I have to agree with this. There's so much to like about him and I can't really think of Gaara haters. You just have to like him after his huge change of character and tragic backstory.

Tbh he's my 2nd favorite character.

WalksInShadows

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i don't really have set conditions for liking a character. I usually take a look at them and automatically know whether i'm gonna be a fan or not. Everything else is just a bonus.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I enjoy character that I can relate to or remind me of dear family and friends.

Kakashi reminds me a lot of myself
Jiraiya is like an anime version of my own dad
Gaara' struggle with being a bad egg because of his upbringing is much like my best friend.
Pain/Negato is/was the spitting representation of my older brother.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have to agree with this. There's so much to like about him and I can't really think of Gaara haters. You just have to like him after his huge change of character and tragic backstory.

Tbh he's my 2nd favorite character.
Yup, yup, yup. He's been my favorite from the start, along with Kakuzu, and Kimimaro.

I voiced my view on Gaara's pt.1 emotions, you might find it interesting:

But deadass man, I couldn't agree more. Gaara is a character extremely hard to dislike, he's just really well done.

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
cool skills that aren't just blowing or punching things (So no big explosion compared to someone who has a unique KKG or skill)

good character be it evil or good

not annoying

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reasons I like Gaara;

Gaara to me was badass until he became thirsty for Naruto.

Reactions: Tauren Chieftain

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gaara to me was badass until he became thirsty for Naruto.
Still is a badass, and he wasn't thirsty for Naruto lol, you have to think about it from his perspective. A random stranger, someone who knew your pain (the pain of being an outcast, and a monster in the eyes of their respective villages) brought you from the path of darkness, into the light.

Gaara literally owes Naruto his life, a debt he's paid back, and will continue to pay forward. If anything, once Gaara began rescued he became an even better character.

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most of the characters I like fall into multiple good categories for me. For instance, my favorites are Madara, Obito, Naruto and Sasuke.

I love the power and battles of all 4 of these characters (especially the Uchihas).

However, I also have deep respect and admiration for their resolves to obtain peace (in various ways).

Ever since we first saw it casted, I have always thought that the infinite tsukuyomi would be a brilliant way to bring about peace (if it wasn't for the white zetsu, and the stealing chakara aspect). For this reason, and for the fact that I agree with Madara's and Obito's ideology and world view, I have long since regarded both Madara and Obito as heros. They aren't perfect heros, but they're heros nonetheless.

I have seen Sasuke in a similar light ever since his "revolution" phase. I don't exactly agree with all of the aspects of his plan from back then, but the overall principal of revolutionizing the world is a goal I can respect. I also like how shinden and adult Sasuke are so much more mature and diligent in protecting the world.

I've always liked Naruto's​ resolve. I admit that it's a bit idealistic, but it is the closest ideology to a pacifist ideology. Plus, I like friendly people in general much better than rude, arrogant, and edgy people. Naruto truly cares for people. That is what I like.

Outside of these 4, I also generally like characters who I find to be kind, free spirited, rational or entertaining, even if they aren't the strongest or most revolutionary.

Shikamaru, Kakashi and Hinata are prime examples of this. I greatly admire the rationality/intellectual ability of the former two alongside their lack of arrogance and rudeness. They don't have that superiority complex that I despise.

As for Hinata, I like her kindness and her consideration for everyone (much like Rin and Sarada, both of whom I also like). Hinata was a nice contrast to a number of her female peers in that she lacked that stupid superficiality, and she had depth that made me want her to succeed.

As for antagonists who are pure evil, I like it when they are really powerful or just overall effective as villains. Frieza is a prime example of this. He conquered and effectively became the emperor of universe 7, and he's destroyed planet after planet. He's also amazingly powerful. Everything about him just screams "pure evil! Kill him!". It makes for a great villain.

A villain doesn't necessarily have to be crazy strong to be good though. For example, Plankton from Spongebob isn't really strong, but in the Spongebob movie, his cunning tactics made him very effective as a villain. He pretty much had it won. It was a random rock concert out of nowhere that took him down (and this was the biggest deus ex machina I have ever seen).

Reactions: SSStylish

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Still is a badass, and he wasn't thirsty for Naruto lol, you have to think about it from his perspective. A random stranger, someone who knew your pain (the pain of being an outcast, and a monster in the eyes of their respective villages) brought you from the path of darkness, into the light.

Gaara literally owes Naruto his life, a debt he's paid back, and will continue to pay forward. If anything, once Gaara began rescued he became an even better character.
I dunno fam. He said Naruto saved him from loneliness but Gaara had his brother and sister there for him this whole time. It was just Gaara was treating them like crap but they was there for him.

You mean from part 1 or beginning of part 2? Cuz part 2 he owes Chiyo his life lol. Part 1 Naruto saved him from "darkness" but Gaara was never alone. That's why part 1 Gaara was a beast to me.