Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you guys think of people doing reaction videos on youtube?

Be it a reaction of any content (Trailer,parody, viral vids etc).

Personally, I think it's a cheap way of making money off other people's content. Like look at this
[video=youtube;VgyNW5NcwbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgyNW5NcwbU[/video]

The video is 10 minutes long and the original video he has reacted to is 8:33 seconds.
That's literally just 1 minute of content and even in that there's nothing noteworthy being done. (Not to mention most of these reactions look fake).

It's stealing content. I have seen another video where the guy is just watching the video - They add nothing to it other sitting there.

I don't watch reaction channels- reviews maybe sometimes.

There is another trend developed since last year where an American/European who probably never saw an Indian movie in his life nor wishes too, is sitting there doing a reaction to Indian movie trailer...they barely understand it and yet as long as they get hits...

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a way to steal ad revenue and it's been considered cheap since the start of the website. It's garbage content and there's nothing transformative or creative about it. It adds nothing to the website and sh*ts over actual creators who put in time, skill and money.

-PK-

Veteran
Kin
797💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's stealing content. I have seen another video where the guy is just watching the video - They add nothing to it other sitting there.

I don't watch reaction channels- reviews maybe sometimes.

There is another trend developed since last year where an American/European who probably never saw an Indian movie in his life nor wishes too, is sitting there doing a reaction to Indian movie trailer...they barely understand it and yet as long as they get hits...
It's a way to steal ad revenue and it's been considered cheap since the start of the website. It's garbage content and there's nothing transformative or creative about it. It adds nothing to the website and sh*ts over actual creators who put in time, skill and money.
That's exactly the kind of channels I was talking about in my first post.
'How it should have ended' is a very popular channels and probably one of the best on youtube with original content (Self made animation, voicing etc) and all these people are doing is reacting to an already famous channel while adding nothing to its content.
While trailers/viral events reaction still make sense to some extent, but again when you actually offer some sort of discussion or any sort of insight on the topic which 95% of these reaction channels don't do.

I watched 3 reactions to one video before I made this react and all 3 of them shared the same traits
1) Fakeness
2) Overacting
3) More side talk rather talking about the video they are supposed to be reacting to
4) Their video ended quickly after the content they were reacting to ended.