-PK-

Veteran
Kin
797💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you guys think of people doing reaction videos on youtube?

Be it a reaction of any content (Trailer,parody, viral vids etc).

Personally, I think it's a cheap way of making money off other people's content. Like look at this
[video=youtube;VgyNW5NcwbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgyNW5NcwbU[/video]

The video is 10 minutes long and the original video he has reacted to is 8:33 seconds.
That's literally just 1 minute of content and even in that there's nothing noteworthy being done. (Not to mention most of these reactions look fake).

Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I'm not too much of a fan of those videos myself.
But I sometimes, end up catching myself watching a video of "BIGQUINT", a dude who reacts to the newest Hip Hop projects.
It's funny once in a time, but in general, yes, not much effort.
YouTubers in general get paid way too much, if you ask me.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It depends on the channel. There are many many many trash-channels out there, but those who don't just watch stuff and then end the video are the ones that you have to look for. Like, Skylenox ->

He makes by far the best reaction-videos I've seen so far. Pretty much every trailer gets also a "breakdown" afterwards, he analyzes any aspect of the content and highlights certain points from an artistic point of view. He also criticizes the parts that are not so well done, if there are ones in the first place of course. Usually, his talk-content exceeds the short trailers by far, so it isn't "cheap money" in my book.

Besides reactions, Skylenox also started to record Let's Plays where he continues his breakdowns. He really knows what he is talking about. You should check him out ^-^

-PK-

Veteran
Kin
797💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It depends on the channel. There are many many many trash-channels out there, but those who don't just watch stuff and then end the video are the ones that you have to look for. Like, Skylenox ->

He makes by far the best reaction-videos I've seen so far. Pretty much every trailer gets also a "breakdown" afterwards, he analyzes any aspect of the content and highlights certain points from an artistic point of view. He also criticizes the parts that are not so well done, if there are ones in the first place of course. Usually, his talk-content exceeds the short trailers by far, so it isn't "cheap money" in my book.

Besides reactions, Skylenox also started to record Let's Plays where he continues his breakdowns. He really knows what he is talking about. You should check him out ^-^
The person you mentioned, as you have said, does reviews and breakdowns, so that's still some work and that's completely fine.
The people I am talking about in my post are the ones who just put up popular vids up, stare at the screen, giggle a little, overact and then end the video after with couple of remarks.
That's putting no effort at all.
Believe it or not, many people like to see how other people react to something they like.
True.
I have actually seen the videos of React channel but they make it somewhat interesting by having different age groups + Q/A round.
It's still effort and to some extent interesting.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I certainly dislike little/forced effort reaction videos (I really dont watch reaction videos)

But if I were to, its either 2 things, I like to have some commentry on what is going on. or I wanna watch the vid but it wont be possible for me to watch it except for YTers reacting to it.

So for the latter I guess I might be able to tolerate like a few giggles and nothing else since im not really there for their reaction but rather the video.

I would probably just see it as a laugh track to be quite honest.

but as for the former, yeah.. unacceptable. it has to be genuine and engaging.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The person you mentioned, as you have said, does reviews and breakdowns, so that's still some work and that's completely fine.
The people I am talking about in my post are the ones who just put up popular vids up, stare at the screen, giggle a little, overact and then end the video after with couple of remarks.
That's putting no effort at all.
Yup, I agree. That's why looking for good channels is like the search for gold nuggets in a river full of pebbles.

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You know what really pisses me off, when people generalize reaction channels and hate on them/ based on stupid videos from other youtubers who also happen to do reactions sometimes and use other people's content on their channel most of the time, and complain about reactors stealing content to make money. It is so much stupidity, irony and hypocrisy. Sure there are some really lazy reactors out there who just steal content from other people for the sake of popularity, but so are many content creators in their own way. People enjoy watching reaction videos, and a lot of reactors make their videos because they like doing reactions and know that other people like watching them, did you ever thought of that?

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like some reaction channels (the one that focus on anime only) because I want to see how other people react to animes that I'm currently watching. For example (this is a mashup btw) overlord episode 12.

[video=youtube;AF_wP9-hyp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_wP9-hyp0[/video]

I can relate to all the people in that video because that's how I reacted when I saw that episode. So I watch them to see if they will act like I did or different because we're humans and we aren't the same so yea. Also, I like to hear other people's thought about the episode plus the comment section is bliss.

Reaction channels (non anime) are boring to me.

-PK-

Veteran
Kin
797💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know what really pisses me off, when people generalize reaction channels and hate on them/ based on stupid videos from other youtubers who also happen to do reactions sometimes and use other people's content on their channel most of the time, and complain about reactors stealing content to make money. It is so much stupidity, irony and hypocrisy. Sure there are some really lazy reactors out there who just steal content from other people for the sake of popularity, but so are many content creators in their own way. People enjoy watching reaction videos, and a lot of reactors make their videos because they like doing reactions and know that other people like watching them, did you ever thought of that?
I am not against all reaction channels.
I used to watch videos from the 'REACT' channel myself.
I used to watch them because the along with the reaction, there was a discussion related to the said content you are reacting to.
I specifically gave an example of the kind of reactors i was talking about in my post.
The ones that end the video as soon as the content ends.
That is almost equal to stealing views from the original creators.
There are good react channel out there, sure.
But I am talking to about the ones I previously mentioned.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Personally, I think it's a cheap way of making money off other people's content. Like look at this

The video is 10 minutes long and the original video he has reacted to is 8:33 seconds.
That's literally just 1 minute of content and even in that there's nothing noteworthy being done. (Not to mention most of these reactions look fake).
Some of them are pretty dumb, most of them if I'm being honest, but I do enjoy a few. I enjoy watching some music video reactions like the Ben Sommers and Slim Jesus ones. I also like some of the "Old people" or "Young people react to" videos like old people react to what does the fox say or old people react to dub music or teens react to Nintendo. They're still a bit dumb but less so then some of the others.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

How do people find this entertaining?

-PK-

Veteran
Kin
797💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mostly they over exaggerate and look fake to me. :)
Most of these, yes. They do look very exaggerated and fake.
Some of them are pretty dumb, most of them if I'm being honest, but I do enjoy a few. I enjoy watching some music video reactions like the Ben Sommers and Slim Jesus ones. I also like some of the "Old people" or "Young people react to" videos like old people react to what does the fox say or old people react to dub music or teens react to Nintendo. They're still a bit dumb but less so then some of the others.
Yea, i watched some of those.
Like I was curious how old people would react to playing GTA or how the kids of today would react to the 90s stuff.
That kind of videos are still somewhat interesting.

How do people find this entertaining?
Well there are other good ways to react, but these particular kind of ones, idk how people like them. xD