Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Puppetry is what kankuro and sasori and that old dumb bitch chiyo uses. Basically its what it sounds like, puppets, a enlarged tool of complex mechanisms that are controlled via chakra threads or wire. I know from studying your profile that you can kill someone and steal their body and use their techniques via puppetry kinda like what sasori did. To control puppets one uses fingers or hands, to which these chakra threads or wire are connected to so the chakra flow of the user can reach the puppet and thus in return grants the ability to fully control the puppet. And the limitations of course, For combat usage, each puppeteer can only have up to four "puppets" out on the field, at any given time. Keep in mind that all the puppets listed in a jutsu count as "one" (e.g., Mother and Father count as one).. Of their four possible puppets, only two can be S-rank puppets. But, by opting to specialize in the field, it is possible to have up to six puppets out on the field. And up to three of them can be S-rank. Also i believe i have to make my own because i dont have either canon nor a skin so. Oh and these puppets are made out of wood i suppose? Or can they be made outta anything?

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasori, unfortunately has some rl emergencies, so I will be taking over the training after all. Puppets are indeed made of wood, though I have seen some constructed of other materials, though probably quite arbitrary as most are just cosmetic in nature. Nonetheless, this is Sasori's definition of what Puppetry is;

My definition: So I'll now give you my definition of puppetry. Puppetry is one of the most open minded and ambiguous fields on the base which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but actually a great thing. You aren't forced to stick with one style of fighting meaning you can create puppets which can be used to help further help in ways such as repairing puppets. Also, you are able to create puppet designs that are only limited to your mind's imagination. Hey! What's stopping you from creatng a puppet design based off of pokemon or Yugioh its all up to you. Puppetry is probably one of the fields that involves details when manipulating puppets. For example, with your chakra threads say you only have one chakra attached to a puppet, and that thread is attached to the puppet's head then you would only be able to mainly perform actions that involve movement of the head. The method of chakra threads is the main medium that is used in order to control puppet's actions through their joints, threads which are usually generated through your finger tips. Some say that a puppeteer's skill comes from the amount of puppets he or she control which is normally ten for the average person, but Sasori was first to manipulate 100 puppets a time making him a true puppet master. Puppet usually are stacked with all sorts of mechanism that the user can manipulate through out battle, but remember custom wise that your puppets aren't allowed to have too many abilites, and if you do give them a lot they usually have to made into a seperate Custom jutsu.

Additionally, puppetry is a field that dates back ages ago from when the Otsutsuki where the first to manipulate puppets. One of the main puppet users is Toneri who was obviously an advanced puppet user because of his innate ability to manipulate puppets without chakra threads, and could simply channel his chakra into them creating dolls controlled at his will. Skilled puppet users also hold the ability to supress control of their chakra threads making it hard for it to be visibly seen to the naked eye. On Narutobase puppet users are generally seen using chakra threads (I'll go into the detail when we get to that one) and manipulating puppets with all sorts of hidden mechanims. Let's not forget about Sasori who had the ability to turn himself into a Human puppet so he couldn't feel pain anywhere but his core which is both a advantage and disadvantage. Sasori can also turn others into puppets and use their kekkei gekai though only a select few can be turned into puppets. Lastly Sasori created a poison which when inhaled or scratched from will do damage over time I'll post links to what you need to know RP Wise on Naruto Base, and.... last thing is how Sasori couldn't have summonings because he can't draw blood. There is also other stuff to go into, but I'll talk about it as we go on
I don't have much to add to his description, as it covers most bases. Nonetheless, we will start with the puppets that were initially restricted to Suna based bios. Though with villages gone, I should probably go edit out those weird notes >,>. I expect a small analysis, nothing too major, just want to see if you understand the puppet well, and how you plan to use it.

(Renshu Ningyo) - Training Puppet
Type: Puppet
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Damage: N/A
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of training. It looks just like an ordinary human, and in addition, is lacking any features that could be described as battle-oriented. Ergo, it'll have to rely upon just Taijutsu to deal damage. That being said, its design and structure enables a puppeteer to have multiple.

Note: Only useable by puppeteer bios.
Note: Courtesy of Alternative

A donated puppet, that is pretty basic and not really battle oriented. It can only use Taijutsu.

(Kuroari) - Black Ant
Range: N/A
Chakra: 15
Description: Black Ant, created by Sasori, is a puppet that is often used in conjunction with Crow and, later on, Salamander. It has a bucket-shaped face with two red horns and a total of six arms. It, like Crow, has three eyes. Its body resembles a very large barrel, and it is hollow on the inside, making its main use to be that of trapping, while weapons enter the many slots on its body. At any time, Black Ant can literally open its stomach, and trap an opponent, able to extend the two halves of its stomach so that it stretches out and over the opponent from a very fair distance (approximately mid range) and then retracts the stomach back to its original form, closing it with the opponent inside. Its arm segments contain hidden saw-blades. Like Crow, Black Ant can detach its arms for attacks.

Note: Only useable by a Sunagakure puppeteer.

The first puppet shown on the series, a pretty ugly puppet that has a barrel like body. This can be used to trap people in it, basically "swallowing" them and then, impaling them with saw blades within. Its arms can be detached for attacks.

(Karasu) - Crow
Description: Crow is the very first puppet we see in the series. It was created by Sasori, but is later used by Kankurou. Crow is a three eyed, four armed humanoid. Crow is one of the more basic puppets, but he is able to detach any of its body parts for deadly attacks, almost every joint having a blade at the end, allowing Crow to shoot his arms towards the opponent, and then have them return back to it. Even his head has a blade that can be extended out from the bottom of its neck when detached. This ability made it and Black Ant a very deadly combination. It also has the ability, like most puppets do, to release poison-tipped darts and smokescreens, which sometimes have poisonous gas mixed with them.

A pretty basic bio, also shown quite early. It can detach its limbs for attacks, having blades at the end of them. It can also release poison tipped darts, and smokescreens, which has poison based gas in it.

Onii Chan

Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasori, unfortunately has some rl emergencies, so I will be taking over the training after all. Puppets are indeed made of wood, though I have seen some constructed of other materials, though probably quite arbitrary as most are just cosmetic in nature. Nonetheless, this is Sasori's definition of what Puppetry is;

I don't have much to add to his description, as it covers most bases. Nonetheless, we will start with the puppets that were initially restricted to Suna based bios. Though with villages gone, I should probably go edit out those weird notes >,>. I expect a small analysis, nothing too major, just want to see if you understand the puppet well, and how you plan to use it.

Chakra: 10
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of training. It looks just like an ordinary human, and in addition, is lacking any features that could be described as battle-oriented. Ergo, it'll have to rely upon just Taijutsu to deal damage. That being said, its design and structure enables a puppeteer to have multiple.

Note: Courtesy of Alternative

A donated puppet, that is pretty basic and not really battle oriented. It can only use Taijutsu.

(Kuroari) - Black Ant
Description: Black Ant, created by Sasori, is a puppet that is often used in conjunction with Crow and, later on, Salamander. It has a bucket-shaped face with two red horns and a total of six arms. It, like Crow, has three eyes. Its body resembles a very large barrel, and it is hollow on the inside, making its main use to be that of trapping, while weapons enter the many slots on its body. At any time, Black Ant can literally open its stomach, and trap an opponent, able to extend the two halves of its stomach so that it stretches out and over the opponent from a very fair distance (approximately mid range) and then retracts the stomach back to its original form, closing it with the opponent inside. Its arm segments contain hidden saw-blades. Like Crow, Black Ant can detach its arms for attacks.

The first puppet shown on the series, a pretty ugly puppet that has a barrel like body. This can be used to trap people in it, basically "swallowing" them and then, impaling them with saw blades within. Its arms can be detached for attacks.

(Karasu) - Crow
Description: Crow is the very first puppet we see in the series. It was created by Sasori, but is later used by Kankurou. Crow is a three eyed, four armed humanoid. Crow is one of the more basic puppets, but he is able to detach any of its body parts for deadly attacks, almost every joint having a blade at the end, allowing Crow to shoot his arms towards the opponent, and then have them return back to it. Even his head has a blade that can be extended out from the bottom of its neck when detached. This ability made it and Black Ant a very deadly combination. It also has the ability, like most puppets do, to release poison-tipped darts and smokescreens, which sometimes have poisonous gas mixed with them.

A pretty basic bio, also shown quite early. It can detach its limbs for attacks, having blades at the end of them. It can also release poison tipped darts, and smokescreens, which has poison based gas in it.
Alright, oh so anyone can use these now, interesting. Probably wont ever use em in my lifetime here but **** it, i won't pass upon a opportunity to learn a bit more.

- Seems like a play dummy, just for the sole purpose of practice and nothing really more viable than that. Its wooden of course and is humanoid, reminds me of that one wood style jutsu but this one is just not able to really do that much lol. I'd probably use this technique as a funny moment or actual confusion method where he'd act as a decoy.

(Kuroari) - Black Ant

- I remember this one, its because of this puppet that reanimated deidara was captured. Not too complex here, kinda like a moving closet or one of those medieval lookin coffins that trap you or somethin. I'd probably use this very rarely as it requires me to summon it, so probably would only use this under the cover of some sort of smoke screen for a surprise grapple.

(Karasu) - Crow

- Ah so here is where my smoke screen idea would come into play, interesting. Then perhaps the only reasoning i would have to use either of these is if they were summoned together but not separate, its obvious that these two puppets are of need of one another to be remotely viable. Its just a puppet, being able to detach his body parts to use blades that're attached.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pretty much.

(Sanshōuo) - Salamander
Description: Salamander is a defensive puppet, though not on the level of defense as that of Hiruko. Salamander, as its name suggests, is built in the form of a large salamander, being one of the largest puppets seen thus far, and though it is not more powerful defensively than Hiruko, it is larger than the other puppet. Salamander is able to rise up a large area on its back to be used as a shield, making a black shield over its head. It, like some other puppets, is hollow, and it can open its back at any time and then rise up its large tail over its head, stretching it out and therefore allowing the puppet user to jump inside of it for protection. Salamander can also spew out fire equal to C rank. Salamander can only be destroyed by one who knows its weak spots, being a weak joint on its side that holds the shield in place and afterwards simply striking it on its back, or by a move of A rank or higher.

A puppet that is basically defensive and in the shape of a large salamander. It can basically for a shield, and can spew out some weak fire. Not really that useful, but yeah.

(Sentō Ningyō) - Combat Puppet
Chakra: 20
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of fighting. Its appearance can vary quite a lot, based on the user's preferences (up to 4m in height) and it can be hollow. Being a rather advanced tool, it is able to use any puppetry techniques, that are useable via nonspecific puppets. Moreover, it is able to use Taijutsu and with a hollow type it can serve as a puppet armor of sorts—thereby letting the user hide inside of it.

A wooden puppet, that can use puppetry itself and is able to use Taijutsu, too. It has other purposes too, if one is willing to explore.

Now, the more basic stuff.

(Kugutsu No Jutsu) - Puppetry Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10 (+5 each turn)
Description: The user makes threads of chakra that are used to control puppets.

The technique needed to control the puppets, basically. Of course, the threads are linked to the puppets and control their movements.

Onii Chan

Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pretty much.

(Sanshōuo) - Salamander
Description: Salamander is a defensive puppet, though not on the level of defense as that of Hiruko. Salamander, as its name suggests, is built in the form of a large salamander, being one of the largest puppets seen thus far, and though it is not more powerful defensively than Hiruko, it is larger than the other puppet. Salamander is able to rise up a large area on its back to be used as a shield, making a black shield over its head. It, like some other puppets, is hollow, and it can open its back at any time and then rise up its large tail over its head, stretching it out and therefore allowing the puppet user to jump inside of it for protection. Salamander can also spew out fire equal to C rank. Salamander can only be destroyed by one who knows its weak spots, being a weak joint on its side that holds the shield in place and afterwards simply striking it on its back, or by a move of A rank or higher.

A puppet that is basically defensive and in the shape of a large salamander. It can basically for a shield, and can spew out some weak fire. Not really that useful, but yeah.

Chakra: 20
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of fighting. Its appearance can vary quite a lot, based on the user's preferences (up to 4m in height) and it can be hollow. Being a rather advanced tool, it is able to use any puppetry techniques, that are useable via nonspecific puppets. Moreover, it is able to use Taijutsu and with a hollow type it can serve as a puppet armor of sorts—thereby letting the user hide inside of it.

A wooden puppet, that can use puppetry itself and is able to use Taijutsu, too. It has other purposes too, if one is willing to explore.

Now, the more basic stuff.

Chakra: 10 (+5 each turn)
Description: The user makes threads of chakra that are used to control puppets.

The technique needed to control the puppets, basically. Of course, the threads are linked to the puppets and control their movements.

(Sanshōuo) - Salamander

- Its a salamander with a shield, would use it as a shield lol

- Besides the self explanatory parts maybe this puppet can use other puppets so technically if im reading it right i can summon this to thus maneuver my puppets so i dont have to?

- I thought these were considered free form lol so i have to summon a puppet AND use this technique?

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, the ones that are described in that technique itself. For the second question, I am not too sure. I'll find out to be 100% sure.

(Chakra Ekitai no Jutsu) Chakra Liquid Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15-30
Damage: 30-60
Description: By pressing their middle fingers into their palms with their other fingers stretching out, the user can reveal a special spray cannons built into their wrists. These cannons can "liquidize" their chakra and then shape it into weapons such as whips and swords. The user can shoot liquid balls that can bind opponents or stick their hands together preventing making hand seals. They can shoot them at high pressure that they can even shatter rocks. The substance is durable and can withstand a strike from a solid metal. It hardens and can last up to a couple of turns before crumbling away.

C rank - Liquid Weapons such as swords, kunai and shuriken.
B rank - Liquid Whips can bind or pierce targets
A rank - Liquid Balls

A spray like cannon, that can liquidize chakra, and form it into rudimentary weapons. This can be used to bind opponents, or basically just strike them.

(Senbon Ame) - Endless Rain of Senbon
Type: Offensive
Damage: 30
Description: The puppet will open its mouth wide, unleashing a torrent of senbon. All of the senbon are poison-tipped, meaning that a single hit by one could be deadly. These senbon can shower the opponent for as long as the user wishes.

A technique where a puppet will unleash a large amount of senbon from its mouth. These senbon are poison-tipped.

(Doku Kemuri) - Poison Smokescreen
Type: Offensive
Description: The puppet will open its mouth and shoot out smoke balls that are imbued with poison as well. This can be used to obscure the enemy’s vision and to spread poisonous gas in the area at the same time.

A technique where a puppet will unleash a smoke ball from its mouth, that is infused with poison. This can be sued to spread both the poison, as well as hide yourself.

Onii Chan

Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Chakra Ekitai no Jutsu) Chakra Liquid Technique
not sure how big these cannons are nor do i understand how this technique has any relation to puppetry? i can only figure its a cannon made of wood or that it can sprout from other puppets?

(Senbon Ame) - Endless Rain of Senbon
this seems pretty op if used correctly, kinda like haku but with puppets lol

(Doku Kemuri) - Poison Smokescreen
so just a puppet throwing up some smoke balls filled with poison, pretty straight forward.

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) It used to be a Character specific technique, but it was opened up to other Rpers. I've attached a picture of it. You can add it to other puppets if you state they can use it when you submit them.

You must be registered to see images

(Chakura no Ito: Encho ) - Chakra Threads: Extension
Description: Extension is a technique to increase the range of physical attacks the puppet preforms. Chakra threads in this case are used like wires placed on the joint of the puppet. With puppets like Crow who can disconnect their limbs, the user can apply chakra strings into that joint to keep the parts connected at a distance, so with one hand seal the arm/leg etc can be drawn back into that joint from extremely long distances. This uses the chakra threads ability to latch on to things like a spiders web and as a result can be used as a real string or wire as seen when Chiyo brought her arm back to her during her fight with Sasori.
Note: Courtesy of Daemon

A technique where the user utilizes chakra threads to increase the distance of physical attacks from the user's puppets.

(Chakura no Ito: Baindo ) - Chakra Threads: Bind
Type: Supplementary/Defensive/Offensive
Range: Short-Long (for B), Short-Mid (for A)
Chakra: 20/30
Damage: N/A (60 only with A-rank variant)
Description: Using the secondary function of the chakra threads, which is to attach and grapple on to objects or people like a spider's web, the user creates at least 5-10 chakra strings from their hand(s) (5 chakra strings would require one hand. 10 chakra strings would require two hands.) These chakra strings race towards the opponent with great speed and attach on to them. The chakra string then begin to wrap around the opponent tightly constricting their movements (This is a full body wrap). The strength of the constriction depends on how many threads the user uses. Five threads would result in a B-rank level restriction and A-rank would require 10 threads. Unique only to the A-rank variant, the user can further tighten the grip on the opponent causing physical harm to them as their body would have increasing pressure imposed on it.

Note: Can be used four times per battle regardless of rank used.

You will basically use chakra threads to apply force to an opponent and harm.

(Doku Kiri Jigoku: Baribari Hyaku Renpatsu) - Poison Mist Hell: 100 Countious Tears
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60 (+5 per turn for 3 turns if the target was caught in the mist)
Description: The user send out two puppets. One of the puppets will send out multiple poison bombs. Next both puppets will launch an array of needles that pierce the opponent.

Requires for the user to have two puppets and once out the user will perform a combination attack with them.

Onii Chan

Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1) It used to be a Character specific technique, but it was opened up to other Rpers. I've attached a picture of it. You can add it to other puppets if you state they can use it when you submit them.

You must be registered to see images

Description: Extension is a technique to increase the range of physical attacks the puppet preforms. Chakra threads in this case are used like wires placed on the joint of the puppet. With puppets like Crow who can disconnect their limbs, the user can apply chakra strings into that joint to keep the parts connected at a distance, so with one hand seal the arm/leg etc can be drawn back into that joint from extremely long distances. This uses the chakra threads ability to latch on to things like a spiders web and as a result can be used as a real string or wire as seen when Chiyo brought her arm back to her during her fight with Sasori.

A technique where the user utilizes chakra threads to increase the distance of physical attacks from the user's puppets.

Type: Supplementary/Defensive/Offensive
Range: Short-Long (for B), Short-Mid (for A)
Chakra: 20/30
Damage: N/A (60 only with A-rank variant)
Description: Using the secondary function of the chakra threads, which is to attach and grapple on to objects or people like a spider's web, the user creates at least 5-10 chakra strings from their hand(s) (5 chakra strings would require one hand. 10 chakra strings would require two hands.) These chakra strings race towards the opponent with great speed and attach on to them. The chakra string then begin to wrap around the opponent tightly constricting their movements (This is a full body wrap). The strength of the constriction depends on how many threads the user uses. Five threads would result in a B-rank level restriction and A-rank would require 10 threads. Unique only to the A-rank variant, the user can further tighten the grip on the opponent causing physical harm to them as their body would have increasing pressure imposed on it.

Note: Can be used four times per battle regardless of rank used.

You will basically use chakra threads to apply force to an opponent and harm.

(Doku Kiri Jigoku: Baribari Hyaku Renpatsu) - Poison Mist Hell: 100 Countious Tears
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60 (+5 per turn for 3 turns if the target was caught in the mist)
Description: The user send out two puppets. One of the puppets will send out multiple poison bombs. Next both puppets will launch an array of needles that pierce the opponent.

Requires for the user to have two puppets and once out the user will perform a combination attack with them.
ah okay, the wording made me think that it was a actual large canon or something lol. thanks for explaining it though

i can see myself using this quite often or perhaps utilizing it into a new form or technique i'll probably make later down the line. pretty strong technique seeing my style, and its C rank so the usage of chakra wont be that harmful to my bank. chakra threads that attach to limbs of the puppet to increase the range of attacks.

reminds me of that episode when sasuke wrapped orochimaru on the tree with wire except in this case its chakra threads.

kinda straight forward, just a barrage of attacks with ninja tools.