Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Greetings to the community,

So im working on a project debate about "If lack of sleep effects your academic performance", and I need some numbers to answer a survey I created on monkey survey.

I don't remember if it's against the rules to ask for this stuff, but kinda need help out in those surveys, it wont take 2 minutes to answer them, basically its just to choose one of four answers to the asked questions eg: how many hours do you sleep.

Help a fellow member out ^^

my list of irl friends is kinda small so came to here ^^

GinkgoLeaf Girl

Regular
Kin
114💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are a few strategies you could use when coming up with questions for your survey that would make it a little more difficult for participants to "cheat", or to guess what it is exactly that you're measuring (which may affect the validity of it). Although I can't see why anyone would be dishonest when filling it out (especially after you explained how it's for your assignment and everything), I'm sure you would consider this when you analyze and interpret the data.

Anyway, good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Braveknight

GreenTeaChloe

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wish you all the best in your study. I remember having to do multiple surveys on various topics during my studies in psychology. Know this that the amount of sleep varies on age and also lack of sleep affects your behaviour aswell, becoming more impulsive or defiant.

There are other effects sleep deprivation can have on people, causing them to become hyperactive until they have exhausted themselves.

Read up on sleep debt to further your studies on sleep deprivation.

I couldnt complete the survey as thr answers were based for American grading system/students.

Again best of luck.

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I tried to complete it the best I could. I have been graduated for over a decade, so I left a few questions blank. I hope that didn't skew your results. Its a good survey to see how people perceive sleep affects grades.

If you want to further this study with more empirical data you could set up a lab, monitor people's brain waves while sleeping to check for time spent in REM, when they wake you could test them with a standardized test. Create a control group who just sleeps a predetermined range of hours and test them, then take the same group and torture them (ethically *_*) by inhibiting their REM sleep throughout the night, and testing again. As Chloe said, it's difficult because everyone requires different levels of sleep. You'd have to test a lot of people in this method to remove statistic outliers. Labs are the best way to help alleviate extraneous variables (though it's always impossible to get rid of all of them). The goal is to increase the validity and reliability of your study. You want others to be able to adequately replicate it and derive similar results.

Good luck!