Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everytime I tried to connect to any wireless network my WiFi got turned off..It didnt even have chance to get to 'connecting' status.Ive just installed winxp sp3 few days ago.Last time it was working,but I cant enable both Internet sharing and firewall..Its an old laptop,compaq,intel inside centrino pentium M 1.5ghz,736mb ram.I know it sucks.Is there anyone able to solve this before I reformat my laptop?

Nikkou Arashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Uhm, I used to work with wireless adapters before and most of those installed before upgrading to SP3 would really have such problems. We usually downgrade the system back to SP2, uninstall the wireless adapter, upgrade back to SP3 and reinstall the wireless adapter. I'm sure the same concept will work with built-in adapters (on laptops).

Reactions: Ryu-kun

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks,i will try that method..But i dont know where to download the driver,i mean i dont know which one exactly.Its Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection.I can only find for Linux and vista..I need winxp version but dont know which one exactly.Can anyone post direct link for it?

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks,i will try that method..But i dont know where to download the driver,i mean i dont know which one exactly.Its Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection.I can only find for Linux and vista..I need winxp version but dont know which one exactly.Can anyone post direct link for it?

Nikkou Arashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My apologies, Sir. :eek: I think I was unclear with that. When I said "downgrade the system back to SP2" I did not mean reinstalling the OS.:eek: Just going back to SP2 by removing SP3 from the add/remove programs.:)

You might want to check on some of the methods from :)

Last edited:

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for the link,i have downloaded that driver already,i thought it was a wrong one :p and yeah its working now.But i dont hv to rollback my service pack.And i found 'sharedaccess' registry,which solved my internet sharing problem :p
thanks peeps,closed.

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My apologies, Sir. :eek: I think I was unclear with that. When I said "downgrade the system back to SP2" I did not mean reinstalling the OS.:eek: Just going back to SP2 by removing SP3 from the add/remove programs.:)

You might want to check on some of the methods from :)
No need to apologize. It was my misunderstanding. I'm not very familiar with Windoze.

Nikkou Arashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No need to apologize. It was my misunderstanding. I'm not very familiar with Windoze.
Hehehe, you're most kind, Sir. :eek::) The drivers helped him though. I guess most drivers now are being updated to fix/patch/(whatever xd) that problem with an SP3 upgrade. Which means; the one I suggested could be done as a last resort or could be archived as obsolete. xd:D