Miggy69

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this was a great speech that i hope everyone in the world and hear and listen to and realise that peace is the way and war is never the solution. that no matter your trials and tribulation you can dream big and dream to be the best and with hard work and determination u can make your dreams a reality.

Reactions: Saiga

Koo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
his speech was very self contradictory i noticed several things in his speech he said he stood for but when campaining he promised he wouldnt do but people are "Brain Washed" and still follow him... its iritating how blind people are...

i nearly threw up after he got sworn in. i have an iron gut but after hearing those words... "44th president of the united state of america" i turned pale got sick to my stomach and nearly vomited all over the floor... he stands for everything i do not and many things america used to not... and i leave it at that

Miggy69

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
his speech was very self contradictory i noticed several things in his speech he said he stood for but when campaining he promised he wouldnt do but people are "Brain Washed" and still follow him... its iritating how blind people are...

i nearly threw up after he got sworn in. i have an iron gut but after hearing those words... "44th president of the united state of america" i turned pale got sick to my stomach and nearly vomited all over the floor... he stands for everything i do not and many things america used to not... and i leave it at that
ok no problem with you having a difference of opinion but what will make it better is if you show me where he said he wouldnt do this and then he said he would

someone else

<div class="bbWrapper">Well it was ok, except for the facts that he made a refference to god in every second sentence. this is politics, not a church, and didn't he make a reference to the other religions and non-believers? He made no mention of spanish speakers, when the ratio of spanish to english in U.S is higher then the French to English speaking people in canada, but in Canada you have to deliver your speaches in both French and English language. He also didn't make a single reference to the first peoples. There are probably a few other errors but I'm too lazy to continue this post further.</div>

Miggy69

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
you straying from the point you dont understand that no matter who he forgot the point that he is making is whats important. you dont look at what mistakes he made but what great things he said.

someone else

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=754383" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-754383">Miggy69 said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> you straying from the point you dont understand that no matter who he forgot the point that he is making is whats important. you dont look at what mistakes he made but what great things he said. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>Perhaps, there were a lot of good things he sayed. I think he was going for the peaceful president kind of like that one guy who handled the cuba crisis, the peaceful way instead of being a war monger(which most of America wanted him to be). I'm hoping he isn't as bad as George W Bush though.</div>

Miggy69

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"young people everywhere are in the process of imaging something different that what has come before."

wow this guy is sick with words

Saiga

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it was ok, except for the facts that he made a refference to god in every second sentence. this is politics, not a church, and didn't he make a reference to the other religions and non-believers?
Thats how our politics in the US are. Thats why we're sworn in with bibles and why we use a bible when we go to court. Thats just how it is. Its not just him, its a problem with our system as a whole, don't just go blaming one man about this.

someone else

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=754423" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-754423">Saiga said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> Thats how our politics in the US are. Thats why we're sworn in with bibles and why we use a bible when we go to court. Thats just how it is. Its not just him, its a problem with our system as a whole, don't just go blaming one man about this. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>Ah well, there are many things I don't like about the American political system. I personally think the political system in Canada, Britain, and probably other countries as well. Not sure if australia has the same or similar system.</div>

Saiga

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah well, there are many things I don't like about the American political system. I personally think the political system in Canada, Britain, and probably other countries as well. Not sure if australia has the same or similar system.
I think Australia's system is fairly similar if memory serves, but its been a while anyways. There are many problems, but hey, nothing can be perfect anyways. We just have to work towards fixing things.

someone else

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=754457" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-754457">Saiga said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> I think Australia's system is fairly similar if memory serves, but its been a while anyways. There are many problems, but hey, nothing can be perfect anyways. We just have to work towards fixing things. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>True. I'm not Australian so I wouldn't really know, I know that they still have a governor general but their senate is elected.<br /> <br /> I personally believe an appointed Head of State, with an appointed Senate while still keeping &quot;responsible government&quot;(democratic gov) with just the house of commons and the head of parliament being elected is better, cause it sort of removes a lot of the corruption with the law and act approving sections of gov. Unlike the American system where they had to add 100 Billion dollars to the 700 Billion dollars, so they could pay for &quot;wooden arrows for children&quot;.<br /> <br /> I hope Obama should put in a government funded health care program which gives good health insurance to everyone, being cheap or even free for low income families.</div>

Miggy69

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True. I'm not Australian so I wouldn't really know, I know that they still have a governor general but their senate is elected.

I personally believe an appointed Head of State, with an appointed Senate while still keeping "responsible government"(democratic gov) with just the house of commons and the head of parliament being elected is better, cause it sort of removes a lot of the corruption with the law and act approving sections of gov. Unlike the American system where they had to add 100 Billion dollars to the 700 Billion dollars, so they could pay for "wooden arrows for children".

I hope Obama should put in a government funded health care program which gives good health insurance to everyone, being cheap or even free for low income families.

you see thats the thing we cant just hope for obama we have to help out as much as we can because the problem now is not to one country its to the whole world so whatever lil can be dont by us we should give a helping hand

Renegade87

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Obama wont be able to do 10% of the things he promises, but even if so.
that 10% would be a 1000% better then what bush did these past 8 years.
and maybe just maybe give us something good to look forward to instead of seeing the whole world go down the drain with lies and deceit

and im not even talking conspiracy theories here!!!!
this man actually managed to go from highest cash reserve in american history to the lowest cash reserve in all of history.
He led the whole world into a war that is self sustaining.
with every innocent family member to die in whatever bombing or shooting, whether it's in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Palestine, yet another family will be susceptible to terrorists idea's.

talk about THE GODMOTHER OF HYPOCRISY!!!!!
saying you wanna protect freedom,while you take it away by torturing people and passing laws that go against your own constitution.
and feeding terrorism with wars, while saying your at war against those very terrorists.

if obama can at least turn these things around for just a bit, maybe the world wouldn't look so screwed as it does now.

Neutrino00

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't say i believe that anything is going to change, but truth is his speech is awesome.

And finally!!! A serious debate thread :D
This isn't the first serious debate thread, I have participated in a few debate threads in the past. I've also gotten negative reps for participating in debate threads.