Skylar Knight

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Buggy sometimes prefer the use of knives. In the last phases of his fight with Luffy, Arlong used a giant saw-like sword, the Kiribachi. Pell and Chaka, the two head guards in the Alabasta kingdom, both carried and used swords in their battles, but favored their Devil Fruit abilities. The two Supernovas, Drake and Basil Hawkins, both favor their Devil Fruit abilities before their weapons. While other admirals have been shown to mostly rely on their Devil Fruit abilities in battle, Fujitora wields a shikomizue (a cane sword) in tandem with his Devil Fruit ability. Trafalgar D. Water Law and Diamante both channel their Devil Fruit abilities through the sword. While Spandam had no special ability, his sword had the power of the Devil Fruit.

It's way too early to say what Shanks is capable of. I doubt he's just some swordsman.

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What's yfw?

Anyways im not surprised.Being WSS doesn't mean u are stronger than yonko anyways...
I agree with this, WSS simply meant skill or the best in that category, if whitbeared had ever grabbed a sword and used it, he would be considered the world's strongest swordman by that standard, smh. Even though mihawk is close to yonko level, being WSS simply doesn't put him above everyone who ever held a freakin sword.

OT: I'd rather have mihawk prove it by feats, then I'd gladly accept that he is stronger, however I really can't base such a claim on a mere sentence that can be comprehended in more than one way.

A mihawk fan right here btw.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Macho

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with this, WSS simply meant skill or the best in that category, if whitbeared had ever grabbed a sword and used it, he would be considered the world's strongest swordman by that standard, smh. Even though mihawk is close to yonko level, being WSS simply doesn't put him above everyone who ever held a freakin sword.

OT: I'd rather have mihawk prove it by feats, then I'd gladly accept that he is stronger, however I really can't base such a claim on a mere sentence that can be comprehended in more than one way.

A mihawk fan right here btw.
WB using a sword once wouldn't make him a swordsman since he doesn't use a sword frequently. Mihawk being WSS means that he is stronger than everyone that is considered a swordsman, not just that he is the most skilled with a sword. Just like how WB's title means that he is the strongest man in the world, not that he is the most skilled at being a man, and Kaido's title means that he is stronger than any other organism, not that he is the most skilled at living.

Last edited:

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WB using a sword once wouldn't make him a swordsman since he doesn't use a sword frequently.
1- that's only your definiton of swordman

swords·man
ˈsôrdzmən/Submit
noun
noun: swordsman; plural noun: swordsmen

a man who fights with a sword

2- Shanks doesn't use swords frequently
Mihawk being WSS means that he is stronger than everyone that is considered a swordsman, not just that he is the most skilled with a sword.
Nah, unless mihawk had fought every single swordman out there, I wouldn't make such silly assumption, especially since he lacks feats to prove it

Plus it ultimately comes down to feats, because yonko >all pirates>mihawk(a pirate)
Just like how WB's title means that he is the strongest man in the world, not that he is the most skilled at being a man, and Kaido's title means that he is stronger than anything than any other organism, not that he is the most skilled at living.
Manliness cannot be measured, swordmanship however can, hence the possibility is there

Uzumaki Macho

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1- that's only your definiton of swordman

swords·man
ˈsôrdzmən/Submit
noun
noun: swordsman; plural noun: swordsmen

a man who fights with a sword

2- Shanks doesn't use swords frequently

Nah, unless mihawk had fought every single swordman out there, I wouldn't make such silly assumption, especially since he lacks feats to prove it

Plus it ultimately comes down to feats, because yonko >all pirates>mihawk(a pirate)

Manliness cannot be measured, swordmanship however can, hence the possibility is there
1.I doubt that definition means that fighting once with a sword would make you a swordsman. 2.The only thing we've seen Shanks fight with is a sword so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he doesn't use it often.
3. So Oda called Mihawk the WSS even though that isn't true?
4. Mihawk isn't a Yonko because he never bothered to claim territory or form a crew, not because he isn't powerful enough.

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1.I doubt that definition means that fighting once with a sword would make you a swordsman.
Meh, better go by the definition literary rather than guessing
2.The only thing we've seen Shanks fight with is a sword so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he doesn't use it often.
Shanks never even "fought" yet....he only clashed with WB and akainu and in both cases he used sword as defense.

3. So Oda called Mihawk the WSS even though that isn't true?
context.

Also, if oda makes yonko above other pirates in terms of power, it would be inconsistent since both characters are stronger thsn each other going by that logic, this assuming shanks is swordsman which is a pure speculation
4. Mihawk isn't a Yonko because he never bothered to claim territory or form a crew, not because he isn't powerful enough.
Another speculation.

LitzSabr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shanks still needs to show some feats to get on that Mihawk level. Stopping thewar doesn't count since be wasn't the only factor there. :bdpf:

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One on one, I give Mihawk the egde...

But when we refer to Mihawk on Yonko level... Anyone of the 4 emperors has a monstrous crew that earned him/her that title or strength...

As a Yonko, Shanks murders...

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It does when that Yonko is a swordsman.
Not necessarily, just because he's a stronger swordsman than someone doesn't mean they don't have a trait that's stronger than his sword. Mihawk may be able to best Shanks in a sword bout but Shanks could have strong enough hand to hand to overcome Mihawks sword. Whether you think it's likely or even possible is moot, the point is strongest swordsman doesn't make you stronger in all aspects of someone you can beat in a swordfight.

ZoroXTashigi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shank Vs Mihawk always tie ... it was before and it is now, until proof otherwise. And just for the record, Mihawk was the one that challenge Shanks to fight with him and he never able to beat Shanks.