Popular animes that you couldn't get into?

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OP something about it. Every time I pick it up I end up dropping it. Not sure why really as the characters and the plot appeal to me. It's just something about the art and animation that's a bit off putting

Mypower

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's right on the spot, for me at least. @Bold.

Why ?
I remember when I was in 6th grade and my friends recommended Bleach for me. So I was like okay maybe it's actually good.

I went to watch the 1st episode and just found the main character to be really boring tbh. Also the monsters are just meh. Nothing seems special about it.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One piece
Fairy Tail
Bleach
Hunter x Hunter
I have heard good things about HxH, i should give it a try.

I remember when I was in 6th grade and my friends recommended Bleach for me. So I was like okay maybe it's actually good.

I went to watch the 1st episode and just found the main character to be really boring tbh. Also the monsters are just meh. Nothing seems special about it.
Most of the shounen characters are like that i guess, it's a common trait.. :/ but yea.

DBZ, HXH, Inuyasha, and FT
It's kind rare to see someone not like DBZ O:

Vkdude

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have heard good things about HxH, i should give it a try.

Most of the shounen characters are like that i guess, it's a common trait.. :/ but yea.

It's kind rare to see someone not like DBZ O:
Excuse me akame ? What anime is it in ur sig ? I really like the art and animation of it !

LUMOS ULTIMATUM

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I couldn't get into

One Piece
FMB
Gintama
Hajime no Ippo
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Monster.
Bleach
Fairy Tail

That's to name a few.
One Piece was one of the mangas/animes I hated the most around six months ago. I found the art/animation to be weird and I use to think how it could top the sales or how it was any better than Naruto. I was a real hater;it was the manga that I genuinely hated. I tried the anime and couldn't make it past the first episode. Then, one day, I decided to try the manga. At the first 10 chapters, I found the manga to not be as bad as I thought. At 30 chapters, I found it to be okay. At 60 chapters, I found it to be as interesting as part 1 Naruto. At 100 chapters or so, it became obvious to me who was a real OP hater that the manga is far better than anything I have seen and it deserved its popularity. OP arcs were better than Naruto's arcs. About the art, I found it to be really amazing. You have to get into OP to understand everything about it. In short, it is a well thought out story, with lots of character development, good fights and less talking, few plot holes, good and interesting story line which doesn't get repetitive even when reading 400 chapters at one go and foreshadowing. If you like adventure, you will like OP. I recommend you to get into it through the manga and and you won't regret it.

OP something about it. Every time I pick it up I end up dropping it. Not sure why really as the characters and the plot appeal to me. It's just something about the art and animation that's a bit off putting
Try the manga. When I got into OP through the manga, I still couldn't watch the anime, even after reading 200 chapters. At chapter 500 or so, I got familiar with the series and the anime became enjoyable.

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
One Piece was one of the mangas/animes I hated the most around six months ago. I found the art/animation to be weird and I use to think how it could top the sales or how it was any better than Naruto. I was a real hater;it was the manga that I genuinely hated. I tried the anime and couldn't make it past the first episode. Then, one day, I decided to try the manga. At the first 10 chapters, I found the manga to not be as bad as I thought. At 30 chapters, I found it to be okay. At 60 chapters, I found it to be as interesting as part 1 Naruto. At 100 chapters or so, it became obvious to me who was a real OP hater that the manga is far better than anything I have seen and it deserved its popularity. OP arcs were better than Naruto's arcs. About the art, I found it to be really amazing. You have to get into OP to understand everything about it. In short, it is a well thought out story, with lots of character development, good fights and less talking, few plot holes, good and interesting story line which doesn't get repetitive even when reading 400 chapters at one go and foreshadowing. If you like adventure, you will like OP. I recommend you to get into it through the manga and and you won't regret it.

Try the manga. When I got into OP through the manga, I still couldn't watch the anime, even after reading 200 chapters. At chapter 500 or so, I got familiar with the series and the anime became enjoyable.
You are right. Perhaps the manga is worth another shot. Ty

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If you try the best shonen out there, maybe you will change your opinion.
For some reason i don't get into a popular manga without watching the anime first to catch up in a sorta fast pace with the manga, one piece animation is not appealing to me at all. Do not about the manga but i heard it's the same thing as the anime.