Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Serebii said:
with the Pokémon Sun & Moon Official Guide Book, it has been confirmed that you will receive a serial code for a Gold Bottle Cap and confirms that the Gold Bottle Caps will boost the IVs to maximum. We'll bring more as they come
Anyone else think this is a big doubleslap to the face to all players who have been breeding for IVs for a decade?

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The goal is to incentivize legitimate pokemon.

They know that every professional player hacks their pokemon in, so they're simply turning into the skid and removing the hastle of IV breeding and EV training. They're also making competitive shiny and legendary pokemon exponentially more available.

And at the end of the day, unless you started competitive play this year, it only takes about ~15-20 eggs before you get your perfect egg, so it's not a big deal.

There's also the fact that the next season of VGC is likely going to limit the selection to the Alola dex, meaning you will have to re-breed and re-train all of your pokemon anyway, and this system will save that time.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Indifferent until we get an idea on how many an individual player can acquire in-game and through what method(s).​
The REAL problem is that this was designed to allow easier access to perfect pokemon, so that hacking would be lessened, and yet now people are just going to hack in and clone bottle caps unless they're readily available and unlimited, which they don't seem to be.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The REAL problem is that this was designed to allow easier access to perfect pokemon, so that hacking would be lessened, and yet now people are just going to hack in and clone bottle caps unless they're readily available and unlimited, which they don't seem to be.
As long as you don't have a Magikarp with 999 stats and Protean ability or some other insanity, the game doesn't detect hacked pokemon. Hacking in Gold Bottle Caps would be pointless when you can just hack in perfect pokemon directly.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So they're actually giving more of an incentive to hack?

Last edited:

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As long as you don't have a Magikarp with 999 stats and Protean ability or some other insanity, the game doesn't detect hacked pokemon. Hacking in Gold Bottle Caps would be pointless when you can just hack in perfect pokemon directly.
So they're actually giving more of an incentive to hack?
Nah, just hack differently.

Instead of hacking in full pokemon, which takes a lot of time and effort, now they're going to hack or clone the bottlecaps.

What they should have done is introduce a new "Super Training" system for IVs.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, just hack differently.

Instead of hacking in full pokemon, which takes a lot of time and effort, now they're going to hack or clone the bottlecaps.

What they should have done is introduce a new "Super Training" system for IVs.
Also, how do you get 6 IVs with 15-20 eggs? Took me about a hundred and I still don't have one for my Luxray (I know it's not even OU and it sucks but still). And I followed all those steps too :(

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, how do you get 6 IVs with 15-20 eggs? Took me about a hundred and I still don't have one for my Luxray (I know it's not even OU and it sucks but still). And I followed all those steps too :(
Step 1. 6 IV ditto.
Step 2. 1 ditto of every nature.
Step 3. Breed for 3-4 IV _____ pokemon.
Step 4. Breed _____ with 6 IV ditto.
Step 5. Wait for about 10 more eggs.

Except I'm **** about the genders and pokeballs, so it takes a little more prep for me.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Step 1. 6 IV ditto.
Step 2. 1 ditto of every nature.
Step 3. Breed for 3-4 IV _____ pokemon.
Step 4. Breed _____ with 6 IV ditto.
Step 5. Wait for about 10 more eggs.
I don't have the Ditto but I did have two 5 IV Luxrays so I figured that would work. I got the nature, moves and stuff down but not the 6th IV.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't have the Ditto but I did have two 5 IV Luxrays so I figured that would work. I got the nature, moves and stuff down but not the 6th IV.
Typically you don't need the 6th. If you're a special attacker, you don't need attack, and vice versa. It's really situational to need both.

And with confusion being a semi-threat, having a high attack stat with a special attacker is actually detrimental.

Illuminater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A more efficient method to get stronger Pokemon?
this is going to be a much more efficient method of beefing up your Pokes. I'm sure most people who IV train don't do it because it's fun but because it's necessary. It's different than leveling your Pokemon imo. You should be forced to grind for levels to beat the pokemon league, but iv's have to do with competitive play which you shouldnt be forced to grind for

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A more efficient method to get stronger Pokemon?
this is going to be a much more efficient method of beefing up your Pokes. I'm sure most people who IV train don't do it because it's fun but because it's necessary. It's different than leveling your Pokemon imo. You should be forced to grind for levels to beat the pokemon league, but iv's have to do with competitive play which you shouldnt be forced to grind for
You're thinking of EV training, which has already been simplified. This is a shortcut for IVs, which can only be bred, and once hatched, cannot be changed.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I never understood why people are so serious about PVP.. or more the stats of pokemon and turn their games into breeding-simulators. Actually, I do welcome every change in that matter.