Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Howard Sensei, teach me...
As a heads up, I'm going to do most of this in character, but if you have questions that you don't know how to ask in character feel free to ask them out of character as we did in our practice battle. Anyway, I'll start and you can pick up from there. If I don't reply within four days, feel free to VM me a reminder as I may have forgotten. I get distracted easily and stuff-...

Sado walked into the area unsure of what to expect from this encounter his posture seemed relaxed unbefitting a sensei or a teacher for that matter. He had taught someone else poison ninjutsu not too long ago but this would be a whole different experience for him and his student. This person didn't have much training nor did they have medical ninjutsu to rely on for inspection and curing themselves like his previous student. He wasn't a sensei in truth, merely skilled enough in his field to teach others, so he was a lot less refined in his teaching abilities This showed in his demeanor and teaching methods.
In silence, he thought on how best to start this and came to the conclusion that asking the person what they knew already was a good basis and was what he usually saw others do when they trained him in new abilities. He spoke with a calm, scholarly tone not wanting to seem like he didn't know what he was talking about. I'll be teaching you how to use poison ninjutsu. We're going to start with what you already know about it, so if you can, tell me everything you know I feel like that would be a good start. Try to be descriptive and lay everything out as if you were a cup, trying to empty yourself. From there I'll fill in any gaps and show you anything else you need to know before we begin learning the techniques. If you need a push in the right direction, try to explain to me what poison is, what it can do, and how you could use it. If you don't know anything or are unsure about what you do know don't be afraid to say you don't know. I'm here to teach you, I just need to gauge what you already know.
Sado stood firm in his stance as he asked his student to explain what they knew. He waited rather quietly as he watched and listened. It wasn't so much that he needed the student to already know everything, nor did he expect them to he just felt like this was how things usually started. With a back and forth about the basic applications, uses, and properties. After this, he would most likely delve into the strengths and weaknesses which were more drawn out than other elements and would take some effort to explain. He quickly thought how best to teach them reflecting upon his own usage of poison.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Poison

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison wasn't as nervous as before. Since she encountered a Sado in the practice battle she had been respecting him even more. Her namesake was for a reason, she wanted to master the poison ninjutsu and live up to her name. For others it might just be another technique to make a way, but to Poison, it was her spiritual elixir. It's fatal and brings death, not many sees it as a good thing, to her it was everything. Let it be evil, I'll master it, even if I end up being evil. Sado San, umm Sado sensei, thanks for teaching me.

Poison, if asked technically, it's a ninjutsu that can help you survive by killing or gravely Injuring your opponents. It is important and had its own advantages, it can't be taken out except for its own antidotes. In One on one battles, if my opponent is not a medical ninja, there's a greater chance of me winning the battle, if not proper antidote, it is useless. So if I use this I have higher chances of making it out the way I want it.

That's pretty much what I know about Poison Ninjutsu, Sado Sensei.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison wasn't as nervous as before. Since she encountered a Sado in the practice battle she had been respecting him even more. Her namesake was for a reason, she wanted to master the poison ninjutsu and live up to her name. For others it might just be another technique to make a way, but to Poison, it was her spiritual elixir. It's fatal and brings death, not many sees it as a good thing, to her it was everything. Let it be evil, I'll master it, even if I end up being evil. Sado San, umm Sado sensei, thanks for teaching me.

Poison, if asked technically, it's a ninjutsu that can help you survive by killing or gravely Injuring your opponents. It is important and had its own advantages, it can't be taken out except for its own antidotes. In One on one battles, if my opponent is not a medical ninja, there's a greater chance of me winning the battle, if not proper antidote, it is useless. So if I use this I have higher chances of making it out the way I want it.

That's pretty much what I know about Poison Ninjutsu, Sado Sensei.
You're right, a lot of poisons require an antidote but some do not. For example, a vast majority of the basic poison techniques, are set in their usage meaning they have set durations and usually do not end in the death of your opponent so they don't require an antidote and will usually run their course over a set time I'll explain these when I teach them to you. You're correct there are very few ways a regular shinobi can deal with being poisoned outside of medical ninjutsu or Yang Release, that's a good observation. Building off of this thought some poisons require for those who cannot deal with it through medical ninjutsu to do things like amputating their affected limbs before the poison can spread throughout the body. This makes your objective as a poison ninjutsu user to poison your opponent in any way you can. Moving on I want you to take this slowly, don't rush, we have time. I want you to be able to learn and apply what you've learned. Sado gave his student enough time to explain and elaborate on what she knew. It seemed she had a real interest in the element so he took that time to think up how to explain the strengths and weaknesses. He felt it was better to tell her and show her than to ask her to posture and make assumptions as he didn't like that method much as it alienated the student and made them feel like they didn't know enough.
He gradually lifted his right hand placing it palm side down toward the ground and lifted his left hand placing it palm side up extending both arms and hands outward parallel to the ground. He used the source around his neck to create two separate sets of poison from his hands to show his student the states of matter that poison could be found in.
Above his left hand, a plume of orange gaseous poison began to rise upward into the sky far enough away to not affect his student. From his right hand dripped down a slow trickle of orange liquid poison sloshing down to the ground. Sado thought this could show the duality of poison ninjutsu, the liquid and gas. The strengths and weaknesses and what made them better than their elemental counterparts.

(Doku Sōzō) Poison Creation
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A (60 possible physical damage on impact, rest depends on the poison)
Description:
The user is able to take an existing sample of a given poison and manipulate it with his chakra, increasing is quantity and replicating it. Basically, much like one does with water release an a water source, the user is able to use a small sample of poison to, from it, create waves, projectiles, etc if the poison is liquid or a dust, clouds, gusts, mists, etc if the poison is a gas. This technique, however, cannot create poison out of nothing, only manipulate existing poison from a sample or source.
Note: the original sample or source needs to be within short range of the user.

Poison
Strong to: In liquid form, Poison is strong to Fire, requiring one rank higher to turn it into it's gaseous form and causes it's effects to speed up if inhaled. In gas form, it is strong to Lightning.

Weak to: In liquid form, Water and Earth are good counters to contain and dilute the poison. While in gaseous form, Wind is highly effective.
Okay, pay attention. As you can see, poison comes in two basic forms, liquid and gas. These forms are their states of matter and heavily affect their strengths and weaknesses. A good way to think of this is to visualize, water, water can be a liquid, a solid; ice, or even a gas; vapor or steam. So we have gaseous poison over here in my left hand. We'll talk about that first. It's similar to wind, in some regards, but the fact that it usually has additional symptoms is what makes it better and more useful than wind release. Sado would lift his left hand to about head height as the gaseous plume of poison would cascade bursting outwardly as Sado fed it more chakra proliferating more from the source in the vial around his neck. This would create a long trail of orange gas that moved and swayed upward into the sky creating a long vapor trail in a flamboyant, flashy and showy way to grab his student's attention and show her the basic states of matter for poison ninjutsu. The gas would burst up almost like a firework as it moved up into the sky about fifteen meters before the column burst outward in a gust creating a fizzling, and wooshing noise displacing the air above their heads.​
Gaseous poison is strong to lightning for the same reasons wind is strong to lightning. It can work as an insulator containing and breaking the lightning down through an elemental interaction between the two. This means a gaseous poison technique can nullify and snuff out a lightning technique one rank higher, or overpower a technique of the same rank as an example, a C-rank gaseous poison technique could deal with a B-rank lightning technique on equal terms. If instead, we pit a B-rank gaseous poison technique against a B-rank lightning technique the gaseous poison technique would overpower the B-rank lightning technique leaving behind a C-rank remainder for the gaseous poison technique. However, gaseous poison is weak to wind release. This is because the wind can blow away, and move the usually less dense and less abundant poison scattering it. For gaseous poison, your main objective is to get your opponent to breathe it in. Some gaseous poisons can travel through the pores of the skin but for most applications, the main drawback of gaseous poison is the fact that if your opponent doesn't breathe it in, the symptoms won't take hold. Sado would abruptly close his left hand as in unison he stopped producing gaseous poison. This would cause the last few fumes of poison to move upward as the closed fist made a showy stop to the rising column of gaseous poison. Everything he was doing seemed to be to draw in his student's attention and keep her focused on his words so that she was learning but he also wanted her to be having fun to a degree so that she remained interested in the ninjutsu itself. Sado would lift his right hand as it began to spray more liquid poison downward against the ground creating a forceful pulse of liquid poison. It would create a pressurized jet, almost like a very small waterfall. It was obviously just to grab his student's attention again.​
Next, from my right hand, we have a liquid poison technique. The poison sloshed downward dripping away and creating a puddle of orange sticky liquid. Sado was speaking directly to his student looking at her. He was verbalizing and enunciating specific points that he said more boisterously than the others so that he could make sure even if she was spacing out she heard the main points.​
Liquid poison is strong to fire but it also has a tricky application that very few elements have. This fact is one of my favorite about liquid poison because it means you can mess with your opponent. For example, let's say you used a C-rank liquid poison technique to defend from the B-rank fire technique. The liquid poison would be able to nullify the fire technique, and it would change it's state of matter from liquid poison, to gaseous poison. So after the two techniques clashed, and acted upon one another what would be left would be a gaseous mist of inert poison. Meaning you are able to still poison your opponent even after your chakra is gone from the technique. Onto its weaknesses. liquid poison is weak to water, because the water can dilute the poison, and weak to earth because it can contain and stop the liquid from moving. For liquid poison, your main objective is to get some onto your opponent's skin or into a wound as it can usually travel through their skin or the site of a wound and poison them. It can also be applied through injuries such as cuts and scrapes making it very good to apply to your weapons.
Sado clasped his right hand hard and fast stopping the liquid poison from moving downward as he finished speaking.​
Sado waited for a moment letting all of the information he provided sink into his student's mind.​
How are you doing? Do you understand everything I've explained so far?
Please ask any questions you have before we move on so that you know everything important before we continue.

Last edited:

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison nodded a yes, she was sure that poison ninjutsu was going to be interesting but she did not expect it to be this great. She listened intently.

OOC - during a battle how would I know the opponent has got a scratch or a cut. If suppose, I used a technique he will dodge it in his next move, then can I state that he gotta scratch?

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison nodded a yes, she was sure that poison ninjutsu was going to be interesting but she did not expect it to be this great. She listened intently.

OOC - during a battle how would I know the opponent has got a scratch or a cut. If suppose, I used a technique he will dodge it in his next move, then can I state that he gotta scratch?
OOC: Things like that usually devolve into a check from a sensei. Meaning if you think your opponent countered improperly you must first discuss the problem with your opponent and in doing so gain an idea of their point of view on the situation. So for example, if I used a C-rank liquid poison technique against a B-rank fire after the clash inert poison mist would be left behind. If the opponent ignored that fact and continued as if the mist wasn't there we would have to discuss it. If they vehemently disagreed that they weren't poisoned or affected by the poison mist and I believed they would be then we'd have to take it to a sensei. This is true for most official fights especially in NW or in another official capacity. If we didn't want to seek out a sensei for a check we'd have to make a compromise or an agreement about the situation otherwise the sensei would have to decide for us. Another example I'll use the idea of a scratch since that was your specific question. Say I threw a poisoned kunai toward my opponent and said it was aimed to scratch or stab them if they didn't defend from it while in unison sending a jutsu at them to distract them from the kunai. If they defended from the jutsu and ignored the kunai in their move we would need to discuss the fact that they countered improperly and come to an agreement or find someone to make a check for us. This is true for any time your opponent counters improperly. You obviously are allowed to let each other edit your move and correct mistakes if you both want to be good sports and learn from your mistakes but very few people give this permission to their opponent.

Sado would shake his head side to side as if to say "no" as Poison nodded hers in a manner that seemed to say "yes" toward him. He wanted more effort from her as he paused waiting for her to continue with extra questions or concerns. When none were presented to him Sado decided she believed she knew everything he had told her. So with an extremely dry tone like a teacher making sure their student was paying attention he would purposely ask her two questions. He wanted to guage what she understood now and if she was actually ready to move on or just trying to rush after he told her to take her time and not to rush. Alright Poison, before we move on I want you to explain the basic states of matter of poison to me. Then explain to me what would happen if a C-rank gaseous poison technique that you used interacted with a C-rank wind technique that your opponent used? If you can answer correctly and promptly we'll move on. If not we'll review what you're unsure about.
He wanted to make sure she was paying attention and actually listening to his words. He spoke a lot and it could be tedious and distracting. So he knew that moving on before she was ready would only cause her to fall behind. This would be especially true for when he got into the much bigger and more in-depth explanations of the properties, abilities, and principles of poison ninjutsu. There were various things about poison ninjutsu that could be confusing, at times it was based on principles of chemistry and at it's more advanced levels medical ninjutsu. He needed to be sure she understood the basics. Even the very basics could be confusing because it differed so much from a normal elemental release with static elemental strengths and weaknesses.​

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OOC: Things like that usually devolve into a check from a sensei. Meaning if you think your opponent countered improperly you must first discuss the problem with your opponent and in doing so gain an idea of their point of view on the situation. So for example, if I used a C-rank liquid poison technique against a B-rank fire after the clash inert poison mist would be left behind. If the opponent ignored that fact and continued as if the mist wasn't there we would have to discuss it. If they vehemently disagreed that they weren't poisoned or affected by the poison mist and I believed they would be then we'd have to take it to a sensei. This is true for most official fights especially in NW or in another official capacity. If we didn't want to seek out a sensei for a check we'd have to make a compromise or an agreement about the situation otherwise the sensei would have to decide for us. Another example I'll use the idea of a scratch since that was your specific question. Say I threw a poisoned kunai toward my opponent and said it was aimed to scratch or stab them if they didn't defend from it while in unison sending a jutsu at them to distract them from the kunai. If they defended from the jutsu and ignored the kunai in their move we would need to discuss the fact that they countered improperly and come to an agreement or find someone to make a check for us. This is true for any time your opponent counters improperly. You obviously are allowed to let each other edit your move and correct mistakes if you both want to be good sports and learn from your mistakes but very few people give this permission to their opponent.

Sado would shake his head side to side as if to say "no" as Poison nodded hers in a manner that seemed to say "yes" toward him. He wanted more effort from her as he paused waiting for her to continue with extra questions or concerns. When none were presented to him Sado decided she believed she knew everything he had told her. So with an extremely dry tone like a teacher making sure their student was paying attention he would purposely ask her two questions. He wanted to guage what she understood now and if she was actually ready to move on or just trying to rush after he told her to take her time and not to rush. Alright Poison, before we move on I want you to explain the basic states of matter of poison to me. Then explain to me what would happen if a C-rank gaseous poison technique that you used interacted with a C-rank wind technique that your opponent used? If you can answer correctly and promptly we'll move on. If not we'll review what you're unsure about.
He wanted to make sure she was paying attention and actually listening to his words. He spoke a lot and it could be tedious and distracting. So he knew that moving on before she was ready would only cause her to fall behind. This would be especially true for when he got into the much bigger and more in-depth explanations of the properties, abilities, and principles of poison ninjutsu. There were various things about poison ninjutsu that could be confusing, at times it was based on principles of chemistry and at it's more advanced levels medical ninjutsu. He needed to be sure she understood the basics. Even the very basics could be confusing because it differed so much from a normal elemental release with static elemental strengths and weaknesses.​

Well, choosing a C rank gaseous poison would be a bad choice against a C rank wind release. As you have already said, gasous poison is weak against wind. The wind will blow it away... So, if we use a C rank vs C rank. It will be neutral. But I think an A rank or S rank gaseous poison might overpower a C rank or even a B rank wind technique.

Poison said what she felt like. She was also curious with something and she asked.

Sensei, it might sound weird, cause gaseous poison is actually weak against wind. But since I have the wind element, I was thinking, suppose in a battle, there is mist of poisonous gas, also, try to make poisonous shuriken. Would that be possible??

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, choosing a C rank gaseous poison would be a bad choice against a C rank wind release. As you have already said, gasous poison is weak against wind. The wind will blow it away... So, if we use a C rank vs C rank. It will be neutral. But I think an A rank or S rank gaseous poison might overpower a C rank or even a B rank wind technique.

Poison said what she felt like. She was also curious with something and she asked.

Sensei, it might sound weird, cause gaseous poison is actually weak against wind. But since I have the wind element, I was thinking, suppose in a battle, there is mist of poisonous gas, also, try to make poisonous shuriken. Would that be possible??
I'm glad you spoke a bit more finally. I want you to do that more often, understood? When you have a question ask me about it when you're not sure about something I need you to tell me about what you're unsure about. It's my job to make sure you know what I'm teaching you but if you don't tell me when you don't know I can't tell you the correct answer. You're correct that gaseous poison is weak to wind and would be a bad match up for you. But, it would be an exceptional defense for your opponent to use if you were the one to initiate the combat with a gaseous poison technique. Though, your reasoning is incorrect on its clash you switched it to being neutral due to ranks being C-rank each. This is wrong, and that's okay, we'll work on that. Let's reflect back upon what I told you in our spar about clashing and elemental weaknesses when my lightning technique which was weak to your wind technique clashed.

Sado couldn't help but smile a little bit his assumption was correct. It seemed to him she was indeed rushing. That could have caused her to misunderstand and learn incorrectly. So taking this moment to stop and reassess the situation was needed. He would need to go back and expand upon what he had already shown her. It wasn't a problem. It was what he wanted.
To make sure she understood everything before they continued. He would go on to remind her directly about what he had said that day and what it meant about gaseous poison vs wind. It would also mean he'd need to take the time to go over liquid poison as well later on. First though the intial situation should be dealt with. He would deliberately go over what he had said in the past.
Our scenario is structured as such.

C-rank Lightning Technique vs B-rank Wind Technique

1) First, you determine the naturally stronger element, in this case, the Wind Technique
2) Now that you determined the stronger element, you merely consider the Wind Technique to be A-Rank ONLY against the Lightning Technique. It has NOT actually gone through any change to be considered A-Rank permanently.
3) Now that you know the level of each, you determine the difference in damage and subtract the proper amount.
4) Now that the clash is over you remove the boost for anything it is neutral to as it is only a higher rank compared to the weaker element. But overall, the rank is unchanged. So

Result: C-Rank Wind Technique

Because there was a difference of 30 damage points The Stronger Tech continues but is lowered by 10 Damage Points. In this case the Wind technique. What this means is that when we go back to it clashing with neutral elements it will have 30 damage points remaining from the clash putting it on the level of a C rank. Does this make sense, and do you understand what is going on within the initial clash and how to apply the Technique Interaction guide to clashing techniques? I know it can be a bit confusing and I apologize if I didn't explain well enough.​
In regards to dealing with the "Power" of technique, this generally becomes a matter of Damage Points. Between a clash of two opposing techniques, the result between them depends on the difference of Damage Points. If there is no difference in damage points between the techs, then they both cancel out. However, if there is a difference of:

— 5-10 Damage Points, The Stronger Tech continues, but is lowered by 30 Damage Points

— 15-20 Damage Points, The Stronger Tech continues, but is lowered by 20 Damage Points

— 25-30 Damage Points, The Stronger Tech continues, but is lowered by 10 Damage Points

— 35-40 Damage Points, The Stronger Tech continues unchanged
It was obvious that Sado didn't mind going over this he actually seemed happy to do it because he wanted his student to understand everything he could teach her. His tone picked up a bit as it seemed like he was starting to get into explaining things. It was better to lay the process and the theories out now before she learned the techniques so that she understood the techniques themselves and they could work on the subtle abilities they could exploit when using poison.

So if we use that same process, we would need to go through an order of operations when factoring out the clash. Let's do this together.

C-rank Gaseous Poison Technique vs C-rank Wind Technique
  1. First, you determine the naturally stronger element, in this case, the Wind Technique
  2. Now that you determined the stronger element, you merely consider the Wind Technique to be B-Rank ONLY against the Gaseous Poison Technique. It has NOT actually gone through any change to be considered B-Rank permanently.
  3. Now that you know the level of each, you determine the difference in damage and subtract the proper amount.
  4. Now that the clash is over you remove the boost for anything it is neutral to as it is only a higher rank compared to the weaker element. But overall, the rank is unchanged.
Result: D-rank Wind Technique.

So with the Wind Technique being considered a B-rank during its clash with the C-rank gaseous poison technique, there would be a difference of ten damage. As a C-rank has 30 damage and a B-rank technique has 40 damage. This would mean that The Stronger Tech continues but is lowered by 30 Damage Points. In the case of our Wind Technique, this would leave it with 10 damage meaning there is a D-rank Wind Technique left after the clash that you would need to deal with on your next move. They are not neutral and they do not cancel out. There is some of the Wind Technique left to be dealt with.

Sado would pause for a moment as he thought about her question. It was advanced thinking that dealt with technique usage. Now wasn't the time for that he would explain all of those abilities when he began teaching her the techniques properly. Right now she seemed to need help with how to deal with technique clashes, and how to reason out the remainder of techniques. It could be a confusing principle to use but he knew that this was the cornerstone of battling. People would use it against her if she didn't understand the process to the fullest. Sado seemed interested in what she was thinking and wanted to see if she could reason out a problem for herself. For your second question, you're getting ahead of where we are. That is technique usage. We will get to that and I will explain it later on but yes you could use a poison mist as a source for other techniques with the proper techniques. Now I want you to use the same process I used earlier to tell me what would happen when a C-rank Liquid Poison Technique came against a C-rank Water Technique. It is your turn to explain to me.
Sado would wait patiently giving his student a long time to work through everything as he stood waiting his posture relaxed. His words matched that relaxed nature as none of it seemed to be hostile or chastising. It was understanding and calm. He didn't seem annoyed or bothered on the contrary he seemed receptive and tolerant wanting to help her through so they could move onto the first technique.​

Last edited:

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As, Sado explained everything vividly, Poison waited and thought everything once again, it seemed like some mathematical equations. It was just subtraction and balancing. She was wrong about the cancellation of two ranks, but she was still stuck with the qus,

Sensei, as you said, a C rank gaseous poison and C rank wind release would leave a D rank wind technique as a remainder, so if a B rank Gaseous Poison is casted upon C rank wind, considering the gaseous Poison had 40 damage points and so was the case of the wind technique. Thus the net damage points will be zero. In that case, it will cancel out isn't it!?

Poison thought for a moment, she was told that she was getting ahead but she thought if she asked this question now she would understand it better.

I also have another question, if we look from the Damage point frame, and the fact that we can use one ninjutsu along with any elemental releases, but as experienced in our battle earlier, they need to be in a time frame. So if suppose, I cast a C rank gaseous poison with say 30 damage point along with a ninjutsu of 20 damage points against a C rank wind technique of 40 damage points, so would the remainder be a D rank Gaseous Poison technique? Or will it never take place actually.

She had spoke out all her quarries. Now was her time to answer to Sado. She took a deep breath and spelled everything slowly.

C rank Liquid Poison vs C rank Water
  1. First, if we determine the naturally stronger element, in this case, the Water Technique
  2. Now that we determined the stronger element, you merely consider the Water Technique to be B-Rank ONLY against the Liquid Poison Technique. It has NOT actually gone through any change to be considered B-Rank permanently.
  3. Now that we know the level of each, we determine the difference in damage and subtract the proper amount.
  4. Now that the clash is over we remove the boost for anything it is neutral to as it is only a higher rank compared to the weaker element. But overall, the rank is unchanged.
Result: D-rank Water Technique.

Poison thought it would work the same way as explained by Sado.
Post automatically merged:

As, Sado explained everything vividly, Poison waited and thought everything once again, it seemed like some mathematical equations. It was just subtraction and balancing. She was wrong about the cancellation of two ranks, but she was still stuck with the qus,

Sensei, as you said, a C rank gaseous poison and C rank wind release would leave a D rank wind technique as a remainder, so if a B rank Gaseous Poison is casted upon C rank wind, considering the gaseous Poison had 40 damage points and so was the case of the wind technique. Thus the net damage points will be zero. In that case, it will cancel out isn't it!?

Poison thought for a moment, she was told that she was getting ahead but she thought if she asked this question now she would understand it better.

I also have another question, if we look from the Damage point frame, and the fact that we can use one ninjutsu along with any elemental releases, but as experienced in our battle earlier, they need to be in a time frame. So if suppose, I cast a C rank gaseous poison with say 30 damage point along with a ninjutsu of 20 damage points against a C rank wind technique of 40 damage points, so would the remainder be a D rank Gaseous Poison technique? Or will it never take place actually.

She had spoke out all her quarries. Now was her time to answer to Sado. She took a deep breath and spelled everything slowly.

1. First, if we determine the naturally stronger element, in this case, the Water Technique
  2. Now that we determined the stronger element, you merely consider the Water Technique to be B-Rank ONLY against the Liquid Poison Technique. It has NOT actually gone through any change to be considered B-Rank permanently.
  3. Now that we know the level of each, we determine the difference in damage and subtract the proper amount.
  4. Now that the clash is over we remove the boost for anything it is neutral to as it is only a higher rank compared to the weaker element. But overall, the rank is unchanged.

Reactions: Howard

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Post automatically merged:

You're correct, a B-rank gaseous poison technique vs a C-rank wind technique would cancel both out leaving nothing behind. Seems you're getting the idea of elemental clashes. Moving onto your next question, we aren't able to use any two chakra fueled technique at the same time unless under specific circumstances for example if it is mentioned in the technique. However, if you used a C-rank gaseous poison technique, then your opponent responded with a C-rank wind technique you would be able to respond to their technique with another technique either nullifying and stalemating their technique or overpowering it depending on what you used. This is true for most interactions and this is because for the most part, as I explained in our spar timeframe will move Player 1's first technique -> Player 2's first technique -> Player 1's second technique -> Player 2's second technique. So changing out the timeframe for your scenario it would be Player 1's C-rank gaseous poison technique -> Player 2's C-rank wind technique -> Player 1's D-rank neutral technique.

Sado would give Poison time to explain all of the information she came up with and then ask her questions, elaborating on her thoughts. He would reply trying to answer them in the most succinct way he could. His voice picked back up moving away from the more monotone voice he had used earlier when he realized Poison was rushing. He noticed that she seemed to get how it was done now and could do it much faster than before figuring out the way techniques would interact together.
He would pause for a while giving her time to reason out and use the system so that she could have an answer for the last question he gave her. With her answering correctly Sado was prepared to move on unless she wanted to stay on this subject further. He would ask her if she was ready to move on, or if she wanted to continue discussing elemental interactions. He seemed fine with either and would leave it up to his student to decide when she was ready to move onto technique usage.

You're reasoning is correct, and so is your answer. You can use that system for any elemental interaction plugging in your techniques and rationalizing out the remainders. This eventually becomes much easier to the point being able to do it in your head without thinking about it too much. Would you like to move onto the first technique for poison ninjutsu, or do you want to continue with, elemental interactions?

Last edited:

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have no more confusion about the elemental interactions now, please let's move on to the next thing.
Yo, just a heads up for the future. If I don't reply for more than four days, feel free to remind me. I probably got distracted and forgot.

Sado was ready to move onto the techniques and it seemed so was the student. She said she didn't have any more confusion about the interactions and with the fact that they had gone over them to a decent degree he had no reason to not believe her. Sado would think over the best way to explain the technique, knowing he couldn't use the method he had before on the other student because this one didn't have medical ninjutsu. He would begin by explaining it's nature, state and how to use it. His tone was instructive and direct as he tried to be plain so that anyone could understand. Alright, your first, and currently the only technique you can learn is called the Poison Smoke Stream Technique. It's a gaseous poison technique, where you release a stream of toxic gas from the mouth, this will be one of the most direct ways to create and release your poison and thus is used in various techniques as your delivery method. This specific gaseous poison can travel through the pores of the skin and upon contact, the symptoms will begin rather abruptly. They show as minor muscle and motor nerve paralysis, which has the potential to hinder speed and agility by 3 ranks for two turns.
Sado would find himself at the end of his explanation on what it was, and now he would need to show the student how to use it and explain what it actually meant. He really believed that the basic techniques weren't that useful, but they gave a foundation for the abilities that could be worked upon. He tried showing this to his first student but wasn't sure if it got through. He would take a few steps back so that he was far enough away from his student so that the technique wouldn't endanger them but he also was close enough to show off how it was used. He turned his head to the left pointing away from his student as he began to concentrate the necessary chakra through his throat and mouth releasing a gaseous stream forward away from his student with it traveling forward similar to a pulse of wind released from the mouth creating a moving current of poison.

(Dokuton: Doku Kemuri Kasui) - Poison Release: Poison Smoke Stream Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: A technique where the user breathes forth a stream of poison. The poison itself wont do any outside damage, but when hitting against a body it flows into the opponents pores or lungs. The smoke itself is a slight paralysis, hindering speed and agility for two turn by 3 ranks.
I think it's best to focus on what the technique shows us about poison ninjutsu than directly upon what we can do with the technique itself since it's so low rank, and has very niche usages. So, if we look it over, it shows us that we can produce poison from the mouth, that certain gaseous poison techniques can flow through the pores of the skin and that the effects of our poisons can affect things like speed, strength, and muscle movement. These are things we each can apply to building up our own abilities, and each poison technique has a few small things you can take away from them and use for your own techniques to make the specific abilities better, more useful, and more powerful. What are your thoughts on the technique and what it shows us? Do you see it as useful, and in what way would you use this? Go ahead and use the technique on me to get a feel for using it.

Sado would look to his student for her thoughts. The first technique was a boring one in his opinion.​

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison observed his sensei's movement. She was listening to him and as he said that the poison technique can hinder the speed and agility by 3 ranks and for 2 turns, she asked Sado, what does it actually mean, does it mean that I can use it against a person who is 3 ranks higher than me!? And does it also point out that my technique would last for two turns. As in mine gaseous techniques - > opponent's techniques - > another technique of mine. I mean, would there be some hesitations in the action of my opponent???

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison observed his sensei's movement. She was listening to him and as he said that the poison technique can hinder the speed and agility by 3 ranks and for 2 turns, she asked Sado, what does it actually mean, does it mean that I can use it against a person who is 3 ranks higher than me!? And does it also point out that my technique would last for two turns. As in mine gaseous techniques - > opponent's techniques - > another technique of mine. I mean, would there be some hesitations in the action of my opponent???
Reference to my training

I suggest reading the entire Speed chart as it can help but for now I'll quote the parts I'm referencing to.

Sado smiled slightly somewhat glad that his student was standing up and asking questions as he told her to. It made it easier on him allowing him to know when and what she needed more explanation on. He didn't have to wonder and ask her questions because she was asking him. He fell back into that more manic tone, where he was trying to explain everything, as succinctly and as deliberately as possible. Though it probably failed completely and he seemed more frantic than calm.

You can use any technique on anyone regardless of rank but they can usually always form a counterattack or defense unless you outrank them significantly. Now I was taught, that when poisoned by this technique it lowered their rank speed. Meaning a Jounin that was subjected to this poison and infected would have the speed of an Academy Student while poisoned. This is because it says "3 ranks" not "3 levels" there is a fundamental difference between the two. A rank speed is the basic speed your bio moves at without any boosts or buffs, for example, the rank Jounin moves at 8 speed levels. This would be their rank speed, when they add onto that speed or they boost it up they raise their speed level and not their basic "rank speed." So a Jounin who was poisoned would move at 2, instead of 8 before any boosts where factored in. This is best shown by the formula used to find someone's final speed level. ["Default Rank speed" + "Taijutsu level"] x ["Multiplication number"] = ["Speed"] + ["Other speed increasing"] = ["Final speed level"]. I understand everything I just said can be extremely confusing, so if you need me to continue explaining just mention where you're confused.
Ninja Rank:

• Academy Student - lvl 2
  • Genin - lvl 4
  • Chunin - lvl 6
  • Jounin - lvl 8
  • Official Sage - lvl 11
To calculate speed, you use the formula below:

• ["Default Rank speed" + "Taijutsu level"] x ["Multiplication number"] = ["Speed"] + ["Other speed increasing"] = ["Final speed level"]
  • Someone who is a Taijutsu master, Kage rank and has a Raikage bio with the armor active has the speed level:
[7+3]x3 = [30]​
Sado would pause giving the information time to sink in before he would begin speaking again explaining the answers to the other question. This pause gave his student time to speak openly about any other confusion that came up with the introduction of speed and reactions. This might have just been poison ninjutsu training, but Sado felt like imparting as much knowledge as he could onto his student. That included stuff that wasn't always directly linked to poison ninjutsu in general. It was obvious she needed to work on speed, and timeframe slightly so that was what he would explain. When complete he'd move onto the timeframe based question.

What that means, this portion "hindering speed and agility for two turns" is that the symptoms of the poison last for two turns. Not the technique itself. So after you poison someone the effects, the numbness, and paralysis and speed reduction lasts for two turns. After those two turns the symptoms wear off and the poisoned individual returns to their normal state. I told you earlier, that most techniques have a time or usage limit to their symptoms. This is an example of one. As for hesitation from your opponent., their body would move slower, meaning taijutsu, and physical based attacks such as kicks, punches, and other taijutsu based attacks would be much slower than their usual speed. This is one of the big things poison tries to do, it's main aim is to limit, or kill your opponent indirectly.

Last edited:

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So basically it can be considered strong technique against a taijutsu player.
Sado would nod toward her. It seemed like Poison had begun to pick up on how techniques could be used. Even with the fact that it was rather weak, Sado listened to her reason out what it could be used for. After she had asked her question he began to speak and explain once more. After this they would be at an impasse, she would need to rank up before he could teach her the next few techniques.

It would be a good option against a taijutsu user yes, but it would be a lot better if it were stronger. Though if you can poison an individual that is trying to outspeed you, or blitz you with fast movements with this technique yeah it would slow them down considerably. Though since Academy Student is the lowest rank, you wouldn't be able to lower someone's speed below that point. So it has niche uses and becomes almost irrelevant at higher ranks due to how easy it is to counter making it not all that useful. D-rank wind could neutralize this technique for example. Do you have any other questions? If not, give the technique a try.

Sado waited for his student to use the technique as he continued speaking.

Since this is the only C-rank when you rank up, remind me about this training and we'll continue.

You'll have to rank up to Genin to learn the B-rank techniques.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Poison indeed wants to rank up as soon as possible, she asks what are the ways to rank up??
Referencing this post.​

I'm going to break character to just explain this because it'll be a bit easier to understand that way and isn't directly tied to poison training.

Alright, your current rank is Academy Student which has the following limitations set upon it as the default rank.
Academy Student:
  • The default bio rank

• Base health = 35 / Base chakra = 300
  • 2 basic elements + 1 basic ninja skill up to C-ranks
  • Able to submit up to C-rank customs of any learned fields

Genin:
  • Rank-up from Academy Student requires completion of 4 D/C-rank missions and/or battles

• Base health = 75 / Base chakra = 600
  • 3 basic elements + 2 basic ninja skills up to B-ranks
  • Able to submit up to B-rank customs of any learned fields
To become a Genin you need to complete either 4 D/C-rank missions and/or battles. Due to our battle here you have two rank up points.

You can use any combination of battles and missions as long as your points total 4. This is explained in that same post further down.

Namely this portion:
Lower & Higher Ranked Battles:
  • Fighting a bio one rank below your own rank = 0.5 points
  • Fighting a bio of equal rank = 1.0 points
  • Fighting a bio one rank above your own rank = 1.5 points
  • Fighting a bio two rank above your own rank = 2.0 points
Ex: You are Chūnin rank and all your fights are against Chūnin-rank bios. 6 are needed to rank up.
Ex: You are Chūnin rank and all your fights are against Sage-rank bios. 3. 3 are needed to rank up.

When you have the needed points you submit a post in the and wait for it to be checked.

As mentioned you could perform missions as well but I don't know if you've gone over that in your orientation yet. To rank up quickly I'd suggest sparring with someone higher ranked who you trust to be fair, and honest and who will go easy on your due to your rank. Fighting someone two ranks higher than you will give you the two points you require to rank up. Or you can fight two individuals of your own rank to obtain two points or if you want to try missions you could alternatively do that but that requires learning about the Ninja World and its systems. I could explain it to you but as I mentioned the faster way is to spar someone two ranks higher than you.​

Last edited: