Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Photography of the Month #1 - Voting!

Ok, so the submissions were awesome an on a much higher level than I ever anticipated. Amazing work everyone but as you know, only 3 photos can make it to voting and the ones chosen were for me the ones that better fit the spirit of this months opening contest! For all those who didn't have their pictures chosen, better luck next time and don't get down! the submissions were of high quality so it wasn't easy to make the picks! Now, the poll will be open until the 29th of July, meaning 16 days to vote for your favorite photo!

Entry #1 - Chiharu

You must be registered for see images

Entry #2 - Janin

Entry #3 - Thoth

Now, vote for your favorite photography! Remember to vote on the photograph, not on who submitted it. It may be hard but the goal is to pick the best one and I trust you to make the correct decisions!

Nocturne

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
I thought all three were going to be added. SHITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! >.<
Anyways All 3 are spectacular.
I think according to theme, the 3rd pik stood nicely. Will vote later.

I AM SO PISSED AT MY LAZINESS!!! >.<
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I'M FEELING NOW...:(

edit: also I will criticize that I was told only the original logo of nb could have been used. Like the one in photo 3. Else I could've obviously have had a photo to submit. tch I feel cheated. Cuz the only thing I was worried about was If i was to put my mobile on the photo, then I wouldve not had any device to take the photo from. >.>

Last edited:

Kages

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice! I was mad that I couldn't really participate since I was too busy! :( But hopefully I will take part in next month's contest!
I will vote for #1. ^_^

Delta

Banned
Legendary
Kin
1,422💸
Kumi
8,893💴
Trait Points
39⚔️
Umm doesnt no 3 break the rules of submission

-You can enter with up to 3 photos by filling in the template provided
-Photos must have been taken by you
-The contest will be open for submissions for 30 days minimum.
-You can use any device capable of taking photos such as Cellphones, Cameras, DSLR Cameras, etc
-Photos (if bigger than) must be resized to 1 Megapixel
-Photos must have been uploaded into a 3rd party photo hosting site such as Tinypic
-Photos need to abide by the global rules of NB (no cursing, no foul language, no adult content, etc)
-You cannot submit photos of yourself and photos of people may only be used if you are taking a picture of a public scene and not targeting someone in particular
-From the submissions, the host of the contest will choose the best 3 submissions that will then be voted on by the members to choose the winner, 2nd and 3rd places.
-Participants cannot vote for themselves with their main or an alt account
-One submission for each member
-No suggestive pics either and no bikini and underwear pics. Keep it clean and according to the rules.

Anyway they are nice pictures

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
I thought all three were going to be added. SHITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! >.<
Anyways All 3 are spectacular.
I think according to theme, the 3rd pik stood nicely. Will vote later.

I AM SO PISSED AT MY LAZINESS!!! >.<
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I'M FEELING NOW...:(

edit: also I will criticize that I was told only the original logo of nb could have been used. Like the one in photo 3. Else I could've obviously have had a photo to submit. tch I feel cheated. Cuz the only thing I was worried about was If i was to put my mobile on the photo, then I wouldve not had any device to take the photo from. >.>
To achieve this, the contestants must enter each month with 3 photos, taken by them, which will have to fullfill a simple requirement: the presence of "NarutoBase" in the picture. This can be done in any way the participant wants, from a simple piece of paper with NB written on it to more elaborate situations such as having a phone with the site's logo on the screen showing in the picture.
It has to have NB but you can any thing from a paper with PhotM to the logo of NB to anything you created or showcases, one way or the other, that the photo is genuine and taken for the contest at hand.

Umm doesnt no 3 break the rules of submission

-You can use any device capable of taking photos such as Cellphones, Cameras, DSLR Cameras, etc
-Photos must have been uploaded into a 3rd party photo hosting site such as Tinypic
-Photos need to abide by the global rules of NB (no cursing, no foul language, no adult content, etc)
-You cannot submit photos of yourself and photos of people may only be used if you are taking a picture of a public scene and not targeting someone in particular
-From the submissions, the host of the contest will choose the best 3 submissions that will then be voted on by the members to choose the winner, 2nd and 3rd places.
-No suggestive pics either and no bikini and underwear pics. Keep it clean and according to the rules.

Anyway they are nice pictures
I know but for me it embodied the spirit of the contest and it was not a picture of the submitter. It was, in its essence, almost the picture of a "public" scene in a sense as its not "targeting" anyone in particular but rather dispicting the spirit of the contest in an unique way.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-]You cannot submit photos of yourself and photos of people may only be used if you are taking a picture of a public scene and not targeting someone in particular
-No suggestive pics either and no bikini and underwear pics. Keep it clean and according to the rules.[/spoiler]
The idea is to pick 3 pictures, not 3 submissions :)
Maybe you should update the rules then. Because, you stated that you would choose the Best 3 Submissions and not Best 3 pictures.

Personally, I also thought that all 3 submissions were going to be taken. And frankly, I would prefer it like that...
But if you want to choose 3 pics only...then, better edit the rules for next time :)

And really great submissions. Voted for Janin - for me, most definitely, the best out there.

Nocturne

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe you should update the rules then. Because, you stated that you would choose the Best 3 Submissions and not Best 3 pictures.

Personally, I also thought that all 3 submissions were going to be taken. And frankly, I would prefer it like that...
But if you want to choose 3 pics only...then, better edit the rules for next time :)

And really great submissions. Voted for Janin - for me, most definitely, the best out there.
I'd then suggest to make a weekly contest and only 1 photo per submission. Easier and better. U_U

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You're right. The wording is wrong! I'll edit asap!

DOD_bld

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know but for me it embodied the spirit of the contest and it was not a picture of the submitter. It was, in its essence, almost the picture of a "public" scene in a sense as its not "targeting" anyone in particular but rather dispicting the spirit of the contest in an unique way.
I would have to agree with Délta on this aspect of your rules, a picture of a single person in a private setting is most definitely not a public scene where there is no singling out of a specific person; simply by the fact that in Thoth's picture there is only one person in the picture and it is in a private setting.

I do however agree that it is a properly good photo. Perhaps the rules could use another bit of amending.

I withdrew and threw out some snide comment about this contest being foolish as there must be a narutobase reference in the scene, however that is only because I personally never plan a narutobase themed excursion... my own fault really I suppose, as I do love photography.
With that being said, Janin's photo really has shown me that there is hope for this contest. That picture is extremely well orchestrated and inventive, all while being fantastically executed. Great job! and thanks for proving me wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.