Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Chapter 8: Tests

Hey there everyone, how's life? I appreciate the positive response from you all. This creative/constructive hobby is proving to be quite fruitful. I won't hold you back much further, so here's the next chapter, not as long as the last though.

"Uzumaki" - Human Speech
'Senju' - Human Thought
"Uchiha" - Biju Speech
'Otsutsuki' - Biju Thought
Raiton: Rakurai (Lighting Release: Thunderbolt) - Jutsu

Quote of the Day:
I wonder how long... How long will I remain anchored at this harbor known as battle?

Disclaimer: I FaHaD 5212 do not own Naruto in any way (or do I?).

Chapter 8: Tests

Uzumaki Estate - Konoha

Entering the large building, one would find the occupants all asleep. The Uchiha, Uzumaki and the genetic anomaly all occupying different rooms.

Yes. No matter how much affection or teasing was shown by these three children, they did not sleep together because of the ample number of rooms; unless of course to comfort one another. Although the fact that the three of them being embarrassed, so to speak, due to more 'mature' thoughts which eventually led to rather vivid, intimate imaginations hence lack of the sleep necessary to withstand their rough training regimes, was the primary reason for this arrangement.

Today it was the girls' turn to make breakfast. Naruto had his turn alone as he could make clones; at least that was the excuse the two females used to hide the fact that, much to their chagrin, Naruto could cook a lot better than them and they had to work together to match his pace.

Figuring that an innovative combination of fried vegetables cooked with some spices, and grilled meat balls was a good way to surprise the lone male occupant of the house as well as make something healthy, the two girls got started and divided the work amongst themselves.

The morning went like any other. The three of them sitting on the table, eating while chatting. Finishing said breakfast, the Naruto, and Nana and Mea, went their separate ways.

=====OFR=====
Uchiha Clan Head's Private Training Ground - Konoha

Mea and Nana came to visit at their usual time at 8:00 am. Looking around and even using Mea's sensing ability, the Kagura Shingan (Mind's Eye of the Divine Entertainment), Mikoto was nowhere to be found.

"It seems that Sensei has gone with Sasuke to the Academy Tour after all *Sigh*" said Nana, a little miffed at the prospect of not having her teacher for a few hours.

"Ma Ma Nana-chan, you know she had to go, she also told us. It's not like she can focus solely on us when she has a child of her own. Besides, we already know what the daily drill is before the actual training so I guess we can give her some time off" suggested Mea, already preparing for her daily morning workout, Nana doing the same, a few seconds later.

=====OFR=====
Training Ground 4 - Konoha

It had been four hours since Naruto started his morning. He had just finished a few laps around the pond, yet still on the water, and was currently sitting on a tree branch.

"Good work there Naruto, now we can move on to something new I devised for you." Shisui's voice could be heard below Naruto; the temporary Jounin was sitting on the ground, resting his back against the tree, one leg straight and the the other folded so that his knee faced the sky. Shisui continued, "You see Naruto, from tomorrow on I have to go back to my duties as an Anbu. Watch your back and keep on guard every second because developments which made me go back earlier can cause harm to you as well. Unfortunately it is classified information which I am not at liberty to disclose, I'm already overstepping my boundaries by giving you a warning. Back to the relevant stuff, since I'm going to be leaving I want to take a...test of sorts."

"Test?" questioned Naruto, not prying deeper into other details as they could always be talked over later.

"Yes Naruto, a test. I will judge your progress on the ninja arts one final time and will give you a briefing on how to improve in my absence. You've gotten enough rest now, let's get started" said Shisui as he stood up and jumped a large distance away from the tree.

Jumping down a short distance from the tree, spinning, Naruto got into his Taijutsu stance, the Uchiageru no Ryū: Nama (Dragon Rush: Raw). The style was made so that Naruto could easily alternate between Ninjutsu and Taijutsu, with Ninjutsu being executed as quickly as possible and Taijutsu as fiercely, with as much power with speed, as possible; as well as add elementally boosted attacks. Naruto lowered his stature and drew his left arm a little to the left in front of him on an equal level as his head, his right arm straightened and tilted slightly behind him, this version in particular focusing more on Taijutsu over Ninjutsu. Sharingan spinning into action, Naruto was ready to fight.

Shisui in turn entered his own stance. "Make this a bit more enjoyable for me than last year's practice spar" said Shisui as he leaped forward, using Chakra to assist him.

"Right, let's get this dance started." Naruto mimicked his teacher's large jump.

The two Uchiha had a mid-air fist-clash, Sharingan glaring holes into the other. The older easily overpowering the younger and contacting him on the cheek, Naruto was sent flying into a tree which cracked under the force of the impact.

"The enemy is always stronger than you, don't hold back even a little" lectured Shisui as Naruto got up and moved closer to Shisui, but was surrounded by a puff of smoke.

The smoke cleared the reveal... Naruto? 'What did he...? Oh yes, he can make those' thought Shisui as he threw a Kunai and coated it with Fire Chakra.

The Kunai moving at speeds not visible to the untrained eye and Sharingan or not, Naruto could easily dodge it. However he didn't need to as it was aimed at the ground. 'Wha...?!' were ‘Naruto's’ last thoughts before the Kunai exploded in a small swirl of fire the moment touched solid ground, engulfing ‘Naruto’ in the process.

"It seems that I was right," mused Shisui out loud, "that was a smoke-less Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clone) you made when impacted with the tree, which was replaced using Kawarami (Substitution)." However immediately after saying that, he was forced to dodge ten Kunai coated in Wind Chakra, which came from five different directions behind him. The Kunai impaled the ground but held another surprise for Shisui. Explosive Tags were attached to them, not the regular ones mind you, no, these were Uzumaki custom tags which were three times more powerful.

Leaving unscathed in a timely Shunshin (Body Flicker), Shisui left a powerful explosion which took place behind his back. Using his tracking experience from the Anbu, Naruto was not a difficult target to find.

Following the trail, Shishui reached another clearing in the large density of trees. Naruto was quite adept in Fuinjutsu (Sealing Art), in the short time during which Shishui dealt with Naruto's clone and the Explosive Kunai, Naruto drew a sealing array which was subtly hidden. Shishui noticed but was too late as he stood in the centre of it. The array glowed blue signifying that the seal had activated.

"I have to commend you Naruto, even with clones it takes a great deal of skill to make a sealing array this large, clones or not. Now Naruto, tell me what you're going to do now that you've sealed my Chakra?" Upon finishing Shishui immediately moved to exit the rather large clearing, of which he was in centre.

"You'll find out soon enough" Naruto's voice echoed around Shishui, a on it Genjutsu masking his original location. Now Naruto could use a Genjutsu on Shishui to trap him and finish the job but he wasn't skilled enough to catch a target moving as fast as Shishui and Shishui was as fast as a Jounin using Chakra to move, without Chakra mind you.

Quickly deciding that using Ninjutsu was the best option and that his Sensei, with his experience and skill, could live though not necessarily win, Naruto formed a clone and both weaved through hand signs.

Katon: Hōsenka Tsumabeni (Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Flower Nail Crimson)
Fūton: Shinkūha (Wind Release: Vacuum Wave)

Multiple super-charged bursts of fire along with a few sharp slicing hot winds moved towards Shishui, through his heightened reflexes, was able to dodge the fireballs but his clothes got charred and a had a small cut on his cheek which was bleeding lightly. On the bright side he managed to get out of the seal and in a show of impressive Chakra-boosted speed, punched Naruto in the gut and sent him spiraling into another tree, this time breaking it.

Regaining his bearings and getting up on his knees, Naruto noticed that Shishui sent a Clone to remove the seal and was preparing a Jutsu himself.

Katon: Karyūdan (Fire Release: Fire Dragon Bullet)

Multiple dragon shaped fireballs moved towards Naruto who quickly used another Jutsu to counter.

Suiton: Suijinheki (Water Release: Water Formation Wall)

Water formed from the atmosphere and raging waves burst forth in a spiral around Naruto. Upon contact with the fire the water immediately turned to steam which spread around the area, blocking vision.

Naruto however was a sensor, though not on the level of Mea, his Kagura Shingan (Mind's Eye of the Divine Entertainment) was still quite efficient even though he had to focus a bit more to go into detailed sensory. After a little research, the Sandaime concluded that he awakened the ability due to the Kyubi's Chakra causing changes in his body. Naruto in turn figured that it was awakened when the Kyubi accelerated the awakening of his Sharingan and Mokuton; something he hadn't really told anyone.

Using his sensory ability Naruto was able to figure Shisui's location, though the inactive Anbu's Chakra indicated that he was about to use a Jutsu. Since Shisui also had a wind affinity, the expected course of action would be... 'Crap' Naruto thought as he started forming hand seals.

Fūton: Senpūken (Wind Release: Whirlwind Fist)
Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu (Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique)
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Technique)

Shisui punched the air and unleashed a powerful gust of wind, which brought with itself sharp wind blades, but his technique was countered by Naruto. However the sheer force of the wind was enough to blow away the mist; the last technique being silently executed.

"It seems that you've grown a lot, congratulations on dragging this on this far. Time to end this" said Shisui as he started weaving through more hand seals.

Naruto quickly dashed as fast as he could and managed to get directly in front of Shisui before he could execute the Jutsu.

'I don't like where this is going' thought Shisui as he cancelled his Jutsu and stopped the flow of fire Chakra. Naruto got surrounded in a plume of smoke started glowing.

Bunshin Daibakuha (Clone Great Explosion)
Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Technique)

The Naruto in front of Shisui exploded but Shisui, already having predicted this, move out of harm’s way. "Good job Naruto, if I had continued with my Jutsu you would have gotten me" said Shisui, his sweating due to the heat of the explosion which he avoided by a hair.

Not letting Naruto use another seal, Shisui quickly did what he had to.

Katon: Karyū no Hōkō (Fire Release: Roar of the Fire Dragon)

Shisui exhaled a brilliant flame and turned around in a 360 so as to burn everything around him to cinders and force Naruto to come out in the open.

Seeing Shisui use a powerful, all area Jutsu, Naruto was forced to use a Chakra enhanced jump to leap towards the sky in order to avoid the fire, which he barely did. Upon landing Naruto sent a mock glare at Shisui and said, "Not fair Sensei, you know I can't use Jutsu that powerful."

"Nothing is fair in life, Naruto. This has gone on for too long, time to end this" said Shisui as stated at Naruto's eyes, putting him in a powerful Genjutsu.

Naruto noticing this, quickly dispelled it only to find himself bound by ropes, unable to firm hand seals. 'Double layered, damn' thought the eight year old, 'It's difficult to pull off but I have to mold Chakra without hand seals.'

Hyper focusing on the task at hand, Naruto managed to dispel the illusion just in time to get away from Shisui who was about to knock him unconscious. Forming hand signs, he prepared an attack.

Mokuton: Mokuzō Yari Danmaku (Wood Release: Wood Spear Barrage)

Spears if wood rose from the ground and flew at Shisui, forcing him to jump back, giving Naruto time to use more Jutsu. Forming a Clone, he prepared more Jutsu.

Suiton: Ōkina Nami (Water Release: Great Waves)
Raiton: Rakurai (Lighting Release: Thunderbolt)

A large amount of water, with electricity coursing through it, rushed towards Shisui at high speeds. However while Naruto was preparing his Jutsu, Shisui was not sitting idle.

Futon: Renkūdan (Wind Release: Drilling Air Bullets)
Katon: Gōryūka no Jutsu (Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique)

While at an elemental disadvantage by itself, the collaboration used by Shisui was powerful enough to cancel out Naruto's collaboration, forming another cloud of steam, some sparks visible every now and then.

Doton: Shinjū Zanshu no Jutsu (Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique)

Naruto appeared from below Shisui but was unable to trap him, as he jumped into the air. The air borne Shisui went through some hand signs.

Fūton: Shinkūha (Wind Release: Vacuum Wave)

Unleashing another gust of slicing winds, Shisui cleared the area of the steam. Landing on the ground Shisui saw Naruto coming up from the ground. Eyebrows twitching in annoyance at how long the battle had dragged on, Shisui vanished in a blur of pure speed and appeared behind Naruto. He hit the boy on a pressure point in his neck, knocking him out.

Sighing, Shisui picked up the unconscious boy and moved to take him home. Yes, Naruto had figured out how to enter another person's Chakra signature on the barrier. The barrier itself was on a Fuinjutsu master's level, however adding who can enter and such, while difficult in its own right, was not as vexing as making it. Once Naruto found the main seal, which took Chakra from nature to power the barrier, he used all his knowledge on the seal and realized that he had to take some raw Chakra from the person seeking entry and add an array to the master seal with which it will be connected to it, hence allowing the owner of the Chakra to pass through.

=====OFR=====
Uzumaki Estate - Konoha

It has been a two hours since Shisui brought Naruto home. Naruto finally started to wake up, looking around he saw his Sensei sitting on a comfortable seat beside the couch he was lying on.

"You won, huh? You have to admit I was good back there" said Naruto in a partially excited tone.

"Yes Naruto, you've come far. You now use your mind more and you have a decent grasp on all the ninja arts. You know, that seal back there really surprised me" complimented Shisui, "I think that you should be able to beat a high level Chunin, maybe even a low level Jounin if you get lucky."

"No, I can't leave things to luck. I want to get stronger" replied Naruto, "So Shisu-nii, I guess you'll have to go now."

"Don't worry Naruto, I'll come visit when I can. Also, I said that I would give you tips so I guess the best you can do is just practice what you know and learn more" said Shisui.

"Thanks. You go on now, I'll go check on the girls" replied Naruto as he got up and prepared to leave.

"Until next time" Shisui jumped out of a window he purposefully left open and vanished in a Shunshin (Body Flicker), Naruto doing the same seeing no problem in it.

=====OFR=====
Uchiha Clan Head's Private Training Ground - Konoha

Upon reaching the ground, Naruto was presented with the following scene.

Suiton: Ōkī Minase (Water Release: Great Water Torrent)

The two Jutsu collided to form a large cloud of steam. The users of the Jutsu dashed towards each other at Chakra boosted speeds and punched each other on the side of their faces, sending them flying in opposite directions.

Naruto immediately formed two Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clones) which caught the two girls and used basic wind manipulation to clear the Training Ground of the vapor.

"Now Now girls, I don't want you hurting each other too badly" chided Naruto looking at the girls' attire; Nana's clothes had small cuts and tears while Mea's clothes were charred around the edges.

"Says the guy in worse condition than us" retorted Nana, who along with Mea noticed Naruto's state of dress; a half torn mesh shirt, exposing some of his torso around his left arm, and charred black pants which seemed to have rough edges, as if they were hit with electricity.

Naruto had the decency to look sheepish, "At least I'm still not wet, unlike you two. Anyway, what's up with you trying to beat each other into the ground?"

"We were just sparring" said the two innocently in unison.

It was at that moment when a certain Uchiha matriarch decided to set foot on the ground. "What the heck did you guys do to this place?!" exclaimed Mikoto looking at the torn up ground and burned trees.

"Just a little friendly spar" said Mea and Nana in unison.

"I just came at the end of it" Naruto added.

"What have I told you about sparring without my knowing?" questioned Mikoto.

"To not do it" the girls said once again in unison.

"What am I going to do with you two?" said Mikoto sighing.

"Don't worry Miko-kaa, this is nothing compared to what Shisu-Sensei and I did" added Naruto.

Interrupting Mikoto from continuing any further, Sasuke moved into the ground and, ignoring all the damage done, said excitedly "Hey there Naruto, Nana, Mea. Long time no see, huh?"

"It's been a while, yes" replied the genetic anomaly.

"So Naruto, have you gotten stronger? I know I have, Tou-san taught me a cool new fire Jutsu." Sasuke said excitedly.

"Well then, let's go to the lake and see it, shall we?" suggested Naruto.

Moving to one end of the lake, Sasuke slowly went through hand seals.

A decent sized fireball moved was exhaled by Sasuke which covered a quarter of the lake. 'Interesting, he's not receiving special training and yet he's this good. Let's give him an incentive to improve' thought Naruto.

"How's that?!" exclaimed Sasuke, looking back at Naruto.

"Allow me to show you how it’s done" said Naruto coolly. He intentionally worked way slower than normal and did hand seals thrice as fast as Sasuke.

Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu (Fire Release: Grand Fireball Technique)

A large fireball was exhaled by Naruto in a brilliant flame, covering half the lake. 'Weaker than what I'm used to but perfect for giving him a target to work for that is just out of his current reach' thought Naruto as he grunted in acknowledgement.

"Whoa, how'd you do that?" asked a surprised Sasuke.

"Dedicated hard work" was Naruto's simple reply as he moved back towards Mikoto and the crew.

"Whoa... That was awesome! I've got to get Nii-san to train me" Sasuke said to himself as he ran to find his elder brother.

Seeing Sasuke leave, Naruto decided to go do his own Fuinjutsu (Sealing Art) training and invited the girls.

"Sorry Naru-kun, Kaa-chan here was busy today so we need to cover up" said Mea, giving Mikoto a half-hearted glare.

"I see. Well don't be out late; it's already 6:00 pm." Naruto then proceeded to leave in a swirl of leaves.

=====OFR=====
Hokage Office - Konoha

"Forgive me Shisui, but the Uchiha are slowly getting more and more aggressive. We might soon have a civil war at our hands, and it is getting more likely that young Itachi will be exposed. If things do not settle soon, drastic action will need to be taken." Of course this was the Sandaime Hokage of Konoha speaking.

"Unfortunately it seems that the clan will most likely be set out on being purged" Shisui sighed as he said this.

"I really wish that wasn't so. I will try my best to handle this diplomatically but you know, the village is under me and I consider everyone of the villagers my family. It would be a hard choice to make if wiping out the Uchiha gets necessary" sighed the Hokage, who thought 'All this sighing makes me feel even older than I actually am, and that's a lot all things considered.'

"We can only hope for the best. I hope I can get back to teaching Naruto some other time, it's quite enjoyable to be honest."

"Only time can tell my boy."

=====OFR=====
Unknown Location

Looking around, one could easily describe the place in one word; rocky. The place was seemingly a 'room' in a mountain which had broken pieces of rock on the ground near the entrance. The cave was dimly lit and had a sizable throne in it.

"It seems...that Nagato has finally summoned...the Gedō Mazō (Demonic Statue of the Outer Path). Zetsu, bring...me the potion you prepared, quickly" said the voice of a weak old man, the affects of time as visible as day on his features although one feature stood out, one visible Sharingan in the right eye.

From the ground rose a half black, half white plant like, humanoid figure which handed the old man a vial. "Here you go Madara-sama" said the white half, "The timing couldn't have been better, could it?" the black half questioned rhetorically.

Drinking all of the foul liquid, Madara felt like throwing up. Zetsu had indeed mixed up the vilest and unthinkable materials to make this elixir, so much so that even he, a war veteran, felt like vomiting.

"Of course, my grandson is about to go through an important time after all" replied Madara who was... De-aging? From the one hundred year old fossil, he reverted back into a…twelve year old child, "Hm? This is the age at which I first met Hashirama."

"The potion, as you can see, will cause you to turn to a child at first. Then through one year, you will grow, age a year a month. After that, you will age twice as fast as normal people for two years. Finally in the fourth year, you will age quickly and will die in eight to twelve months." Black Zetsu spoke. Say what you will, when Black and White Zetsu worked together they were quite smart, White Zetsu just wanted to be more light-hearted.

"I see. That should be enough time to...do what I have to." It was an odd scene to hear those words come from a child.

And that's it for now.

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Do tell in a review. Oh, and I'll upload pictures of the currently two planned versions of the Uchiageru no Ryu later when I find the time.

Jutsu List:
Fūton: Senpūken (Wind Release: Whirlwind Fist): B/A Rank: Offensive/Supplementary:
The user coats Wind Chakra in their fist and punches either the air, for a powerful gust of wind with wind blades spreading around the affected area, or the foe, to inflict massive damage and possibly killing them. The power of the wind blades and intensity of the gust increase with the Chakra input.

Katon: Karyū no Hōkō (Fire Release: Roar of the Fire Dragon): A/S Rank (Depending on Chakra input): Offensive:
The user first inhales, gathering fire in their mouth, and then releases such fire in the direction of their opponent, creating a large, exploding fireball which damages and burns the opponent; it can also be guided by the direction the user faces to incinerate things in an area wide effect. This Jutsu can be performed two ways: the first, and more "complicated" way involves the user putting their hands before their mouth, in a pose resembling that of a trumpeter, before releasing the fire, prompting it to be expelled between their fingers. The flames produced by this version start out as a very thin stream, enough to be fit between the user's fingers, before suddenly enlarging to strike the opponent. The other simpler, and seemingly faster way, simply has the user quickly gathers flames in their mouth and then releases them, with no seeming stance required, producing a much larger burst of fire.

Mokuton: Mokuzō Yari Danmaku (Wood Release: Wood Spear Barrage): B/A Rank (Depending on Chakra input): Offensive:
The user pours Wood Chakra through the earth and calls forth a multitude of wooden spears which move on to pierce the target. The number and speed/force of the spears increases with the Chakra input

Suiton: Ōkina Nami (Water Release: Great Waves): B/A Rank (Depending on Chakra input): Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary:
The user releases a large amount of water from their mouth which rushes towards the target. This large wave of water can use the immense force water to attack, the waves themselves to defend, and use another Jutsu (such as a Raiton Jutsu) to boost the effects of the Jutsu. The Chaka input affects the amount of water and intensity of the waves.

Raiton: Rakurai (Lighting Release: Thunderbolt): B/A Rank (Depending on Chakra input): Offensive:
The user creates a lightning bolt made of Chakra out of thin air and sends it at the target at high speeds. The size, speed and power of the Jutsu increase with the Chakra input.

Suiton: Ōkī Minase (Water Release: Great Water Torrent): C/B Rank (Depending on Chakra input): Offensive/Defensive/ Supplementary:
A weaker version of the Suiton: Ōkina Nami (Water Release: Great Waves).

Until next time,
R&R.

Last edited:

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I really enjoyed the test between Naruto and Shisui. Your writing seems to be improving with each chapter. The chapters seem to be flowing more smoothly than previously. I am having a hard time getting used to Sasuke being inferior to Naruto though.

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really enjoyed the test between Naruto and Shisui. Your writing seems to be improving with each chapter. The chapters seem to be flowing more smoothly than previously. I am having a hard time getting used to Sasuke being inferior to Naruto though.
Thanks, that main thing which had me worried was whether or not I pulled Naruto v Shisui alright. I don't think Sasuke is a competitor for my list of who Naruto will surpass I mean Sasuke will be strong but there will be quite a few on his level. Though I do intend to make Sasuke's power eventually around Madara level (not sure exactly as that is thinking WAY far ahead and I might take the story slightly differently. Well, only time can tell.

Thanks for the support! :xD:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s humorous that the two girls felt kind of humiliated with their cooking skills and pace compared to Naruto :) So we just miss Sasuke again lol It was disappointing that Shisui was going to have to leave the village on a mission -_- That was a pretty intense match between Naruto and Shisui. This “test” also presented a lot more growth from Naruto :) With how much more buffed this Naruto is, I was wondering if he’d be able to defeat Shisui. However, Shisui is an exceptional fighter and it would’ve been somewhat unbelieveable thus I was very happy with the results ^^ Well, I like discovering a little about how the two Uchiha girls battle and SASUKE FINALLY MAKES AN APPEARANCE!!! It’s like a celebrity coming out into public and then back into their privacy XD I loved how this chapter ended!!! =D It was also generous of you to provide the jutsu information ;)

This was one of your best chapters thus far-FANTASTIC work!!! ;)

Last edited:

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s humorous that the two girls felt kind of humiliated with their cooking skills and pace compared to Naruto :) So we just miss Sasuke again lol It was disappointing that Shisui was going to have to leave the village on a mission -_- That was a pretty intense match between Naruto and Shisui. This “test” also presented a lot more growth from Naruto :) With how much more buffed this Naruto is, I was wondering if he’d be able to defeat Shisui. However, Shisui is an exceptional fighter and it would’ve been somewhat unbelieveable thus I was very happy with the results ^^ Well, I like discovering a little about how the two Uchiha girls battle and SASUKE FINALLY MAKES AN APPEARANCE!!! It’s like a celebrity coming out into public and then back into their privacy XD I loved the this chapter ended!!! =D It was also generous of you to provide the jutsu information ;)

This was one of your best chapters thus far-FANTASTIC work!!! ;)
I wouldn't say humiliated exactly but yes, it is the suitable word for it. We'll just have to see about what Shisui will be doing, no? Yes, if Naruto had won it would be completely illogical as Shisui is superior to Naruto in both raw power and skill :p. Yes, I was thinking that putting the girls on roughly the same level would be best. I know that I held back Sasuke for too long and all that mention in the previous chapters was making (in my opinion) the readers feel like I'll mention Sasuke soon :xD:. To be honest, of all my work this was the BEST ending I have ever written. I mean I wrote it and I get the chills from reading it :heh:.

I agree with you on that, what it lacked in quantity was made up by quality =D.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn't say humiliated exactly but yes, it is the suitable word for it. We'll just have to see about what Shisui will be doing, no? Yes, if Naruto had won it would be completely illogical as Shisui is superior to Naruto in both raw power and skill :p. Yes, I was thinking that putting the girls on roughly the same level would be best. I know that I held back Sasuke for too long and all that mention in the previous chapters was making (in my opinion) the readers feel like I'll mention Sasuke soon :xD:. To be honest, of all my work this was the BEST ending I have ever written. I mean I wrote it and I get the chills from reading it :heh:.

I agree with you on that, what it lacked in quantity was made up by quality =D.
You know it would be quite interesting if we the viewers get to see what happens with Shisui’s mission but nevertheless, I can’t wait for his return lol

Well I think you’re pacing the girls fine and it’s nice to see females excelling in the Narutoverse as they’re so underrated -_-

I’m glad you felt this was your best thus far and I’m excited to see what’s next! ^^

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know it would be quite interesting if we the viewers get to see what happens with Shisui’s mission but nevertheless, I can’t wait for his return lol

Well I think you’re pacing the girls fine and it’s nice to see females excelling in the Narutoverse as they’re so underrated -_-

I’m glad you felt this was your best thus far and I’m excited to see what’s next! ^^
I think I'll tell you guys about that in the next chapter (The duties I mean, by chapter 10).

True, almost all the females in NV (except Tsunade, Mei, Kushina, etc; I said almost) are very under-powered. Each of them has a lot of potential but it is overlooked in favor of "SASUKE!!! I'm here to take you back!" "NO NARUTO! I won't go back home until after the curfew!" XD

The next isn't as exciting but I think it is good nonetheless.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,623💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What the actual duck is up with that intro?! xD Time to timeskip the hell out of childhood and bring on adulthood, lmfao!! XD

I'll be correcting one mistake only as that is all I have time for and that is this:

"Finishing said breakfast, the Naruto, and Nana and Mea, went their separate ways." I'm sure you can spot it yourself, and the editing time is probably overdue as well due to my lateness xD I'll try to keep a summarized review this time around however.

Before I begin, a question; where do you get the names from and how do you combined them? For the jutsus I mean. I never really understood how people went about doing that, gehehe.

I liked the pacing of this chapter, putting most of the focus on Shisui's final test. Although I spotted some errors grammatically like missing or extensive letters and misplaced present/past forms, it's nothing big and a heck of a lot better than previous chapters. I'm amazed on the level these two are able to spit jutsus left and right without tiring themselves out, especially considering Naruto's age (although he's seemingly the most gifted and talented youngster in Shinobi history). This fight somehow reminded me some of one of my previous chapters, and I think you managed to balance the fighting/dialogue ratio about right. The fight ended a bit abruptly in my opinion though, but in overall, I think it was good. The first real fight of the series, how did it feel getting that one out of the way? ;)

As for the infused abilities through chakra to jump higher and run faster, all this kind of reminded me about Star Wars somehow, but I'm confused regarding your inspiration towards this. Especially the "Force Leap" and "Force Jump" comes to mind =p

Sasuke's "official" introduction was a fresh breath of air and much welcomed. I'm not entirely sure at this point what you want to do with him, if you're going to do something with him, but knowing myself and how my work turned out, Sasuke eventually played a bigger role in mine so I suppose he will do so too in yours albeit only temporarily or as a side character.

Oh and the Akatsuki will actually play a role in this? I was certain you would eventually go your own way but maybe even that is in the plans for later. To find out that Nagato plays a role before Obito makes me wonder if there actually will be a bigger threat out there, but I guess that remains to be seen. So Madara himself found a way to the fountain of youth? :rolleyes: Interesting for sure. Funny thing though is that I was thinking you would pull such a move before I read it happening xd Guess great minds think alike, haha.

I shouldn't underestimate the Madara fanboying I guess XD

Overall a great chapter, with its surprising twists. The introduction of the Jutsu list reminds me a lot of Kuroi's old works, maybe he was an inspiration? Anyways, will be heading to the next one now. Took me about 15-25 min to read this thing and come up with the review. Guess that ain't half bad.

And to top things off, I read some of the comments. I too agree with Trea on the flow and with Kuroi on where this chapter rates among the rest. And I agree with you on the ending being the coolest so far. For some reason, your work reminds me of a mix between Kuroi's Black Despair and my own TLSoK. Maybe that's just the thing to make it stand out and become something real big on the Base, haha. The ending really reminded me about the end of... Ehm... I think it was chapter 13 of my first series... Actually, it was the beginning of the 13th chapter of TLSoK where Tobi proclaimed his goal and going back to war once more striking at the Kage meeting. A lot of what I read in yours gives me nostalgia for some reason at times which is good I guess =p Over to the next one.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I'll tell you guys about that in the next chapter (The duties I mean, by chapter 10).

True, almost all the females in NV (except Tsunade, Mei, Kushina, etc; I said almost) are very under-powered. Each of them has a lot of potential but it is overlooked in favor of "SASUKE!!! I'm here to take you back!" "NO NARUTO! I won't go back home until after the curfew!" XD

The next isn't as exciting but I think it is good nonetheless.
That is exciting to hear! =D

Yeah, I mean Kishimoto has phenomenal potential but he did not do most of the females in his story the justice they deserved and Sakura only shined briefly towards the end -_-

That is so true, I’m the first to announce my fanboyism, support and love for Sasuke’s character. I d say he is my number 1 favorite character of all the manga and anime I’ve tasted but the ongoing gag of his forever prolonged recovery mission took it’s toll. Kishimoto should have Wrapped that up early on in part 2 of the manga and focused on the rest and Neji was unjustly killed off when there was a fodder Hyuuga nearby who could’ve easily taken the blow but no the Hyuuga prodigy had to, really Kishimoto? T_T rant over/ lol

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What the actual duck is up with that intro?! xD Time to timeskip the hell out of childhood and bring on adulthood, lmfao!! XD

I'll be correcting one mistake only as that is all I have time for and that is this:

"Finishing said breakfast, the Naruto, and Nana and Mea, went their separate ways." I'm sure you can spot it yourself, and the editing time is probably overdue as well due to my lateness xD I'll try to keep a summarized review this time around however.

Before I begin, a question; where do you get the names from and how do you combined them? For the jutsus I mean. I never really understood how people went about doing that, gehehe.

I liked the pacing of this chapter, putting most of the focus on Shisui's final test. Although I spotted some errors grammatically like missing or extensive letters and misplaced present/past forms, it's nothing big and a heck of a lot better than previous chapters. I'm amazed on the level these two are able to spit jutsus left and right without tiring themselves out, especially considering Naruto's age (although he's seemingly the most gifted and talented youngster in Shinobi history). This fight somehow reminded me some of one of my previous chapters, and I think you managed to balance the fighting/dialogue ratio about right. The fight ended a bit abruptly in my opinion though, but in overall, I think it was good. The first real fight of the series, how did it feel getting that one out of the way? ;)

As for the infused abilities through chakra to jump higher and run faster, all this kind of reminded me about Star Wars somehow, but I'm confused regarding your inspiration towards this. Especially the "Force Leap" and "Force Jump" comes to mind =p

Sasuke's "official" introduction was a fresh breath of air and much welcomed. I'm not entirely sure at this point what you want to do with him, if you're going to do something with him, but knowing myself and how my work turned out, Sasuke eventually played a bigger role in mine so I suppose he will do so too in yours albeit only temporarily or as a side character.

Oh and the Akatsuki will actually play a role in this? I was certain you would eventually go your own way but maybe even that is in the plans for later. To find out that Nagato plays a role before Obito makes me wonder if there actually will be a bigger threat out there, but I guess that remains to be seen. So Madara himself found a way to the fountain of youth? :rolleyes: Interesting for sure. Funny thing though is that I was thinking you would pull such a move before I read it happening xd Guess great minds think alike, haha.

I shouldn't underestimate the Madara fanboying I guess XD

Overall a great chapter, with its surprising twists. The introduction of the Jutsu list reminds me a lot of Kuroi's old works, maybe he was an inspiration? Anyways, will be heading to the next one now. Took me about 15-25 min to read this thing and come up with the review. Guess that ain't half bad.

And to top things off, I read some of the comments. I too agree with Trea on the flow and with Kuroi on where this chapter rates among the rest. And I agree with you on the ending being the coolest so far. For some reason, your work reminds me of a mix between Kuroi's Black Despair and my own TLSoK. Maybe that's just the thing to make it stand out and become something real big on the Base, haha. The ending really reminded me about the end of... Ehm... I think it was chapter 13 of my first series... Actually, it was the beginning of the 13th chapter of TLSoK where Tobi proclaimed his goal and going back to war once more striking at the Kage meeting. A lot of what I read in yours gives me nostalgia for some reason at times which is good I guess =p Over to the next one.
They say that patience is a virtue *nods sagely*

From what I've read on other stories, the 'said' I used can be used in the same context as 'aforementioned'.

I make up a catchy name in English, then I go to Google Translate and check every possible way of saying it in Japanese, then I take some words and arrange them to get the exact meaning I want, almost all the names I used as Japanese Romaji have a spot on translation. It took me about one to two hours in the naming.

Well, both Naruto and Shishui have high reserves with Naruto having more Chakra, and good control with Shisui excelling in control so they can easily launch the low level (compared to the S/SS-Rank which will be played with in the future) without worry. I think I pulled this off well, also, the abrupt ending was Shisui's way of showing Naruto that he was still a kid and that there were still a lot of people who could beat him.

No, this is actually inspired from tree leaping. Most ninjas in canon (with exceptions like the physically over-powered Rock Lee and Maito Gai) use Chakra for it. Also, I've read this concept being used in almost every story I've read (which numbers in the hundreds mind you). I didn't even think about comparing it with Star Wars xd

His role will be more important than most although his path will be EXTREMELY different.

No, in this story this is the time when Yahiko dies. Danzo is now aware of the Rinnegan though seeing it in someone with completely different genetic circumstances than Naruto, he is of the belief that Naruto won't awaken it. Which Naruto story can possibly get good without Madara? xd

Thanks. No, while Kuroi was also inspiration, I've seen the Jutsu list being used in other stories with original Jutsu as well. These Jutsu in the list are original, all other Jutsu I've mentioned in this chapter and the others are canon and can easily be found on a Wiki.

Well my target is to get this story popular, and that is entirely possible on the other site. I mean the number of Naruto (first place in the quantity section 387K stories) stories dwarfs the second, third, fourth and fifth combined (115+113+81+65.7).

That is exciting to hear! =D

Yeah, I mean Kishimoto has phenomenal potential but he did not do most of the females in his story the justice they deserved and Sakura only shined briefly towards the end -_-

That is so true, I’m the first to announce my fanboyism, support and love for Sasuke’s character. I d say he is my number 1 favorite character of all the manga and anime I’ve tasted but the ongoing gag of his forever prolonged recovery mission took it’s toll. Kishimoto should have Wrapped that up early on in part 2 of the manga and focused on the rest and Neji was unjustly killed off when there was a fodder Hyuuga nearby who could’ve easily taken the blow but no the Hyuuga prodigy had to, really Kishimoto? T_T rant over/ lol
I know right, Sakura could save Neji and a ton of others with the Byakugou Fuin on her forehead but NO, she want's to wait until Sasuke, who wasn't even guaranteed to come, showed up and she showed off in front of him. No offence but I think that healing Neji would have been a strategically wiser move. One Neji = One Hundred Average Hyuga.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,623💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They say that patience is a virtue *nods sagely*

From what I've read on other stories, the 'said' I used can be used in the same context as 'aforementioned'.

I make up a catchy name in English, then I go to Google Translate and check every possible way of saying it in Japanese, then I take some words and arrange them to get the exact meaning I want, almost all the names I used as Japanese Romaji have a spot on translation. It took me about one to two hours in the naming.

Well, both Naruto and Shishui have high reserves with Naruto having more Chakra, and good control with Shisui excelling in control so they can easily launch the low level (compared to the S/SS-Rank which will be played with in the future) without worry. I think I pulled this off well, also, the abrupt ending was Shisui's way of showing Naruto that he was still a kid and that there were still a lot of people who could beat him.

No, this is actually inspired from tree leaping. Most ninjas in canon (with exceptions like the physically over-powered Rock Lee and Maito Gai) use Chakra for it. Also, I've read this concept being used in almost every story I've read (which numbers in the hundreds mind you). I didn't even think about comparing it with Star Wars xd

His role will be more important than most although his path will be EXTREMELY different.

No, in this story this is the time when Yahiko dies. Danzo is now aware of the Rinnegan though seeing it in someone with completely different genetic circumstances than Naruto, he is of the belief that Naruto won't awaken it. Which Naruto story can possibly get good without Madara? xd

Thanks. No, while Kuroi was also inspiration, I've seen the Jutsu list being used in other stories with original Jutsu as well. These Jutsu in the list are original, all other Jutsu I've mentioned in this chapter and the others are canon and can easily be found on a Wiki.

Well my target is to get this story popular, and that is entirely possible on the other site. I mean the number of Naruto (first place in the quantity section 387K stories) stories dwarfs the second, third, fourth and fifth combined (115+113+81+65.7).
I'll wait :shy:

In that you are correct, however... I thought it was obvious what I was referring to?? XD

Let's try again: "Finishing said breakfast, the Naruto, and Nana and Mea, went their separate ways." Last time I checked, Naruto wasn't an object xd Also, the double use of "and" is meaningless ;)

Then you surely must have some type of knowledge if you can rearrange the words like that xD I remember that every time I came up with a new technique (Rain of RasenShuriken for instance), I just omitted the Japanese word for it as I couldn't bother to find it out xD The other times when I used already known techniques, I just used Narutowikia... Glad that time is finally over. All the hours I spent searching for cool techniques to use back then xD I did come up with "Global Shadow - Sekaiteki-Kage" however, but I spent a lot of time finding that out and I'm not even sure if it's entirely correct to this date xD

I find that explanation reasonable =p ^^ xP

Lmao, but now you know xD I've been playing through both Force Unleashed games from the Star Wars Franchise lately, and I was immensely inspired by them. The Dash and the Leap could simply not get out of my head as I read your story xP

Cool, I'll be looking forward to that, haha ;)

Haha I see. Well one where Naruto becomes the villain?? XD

Yeah I'm kind of curious about your ratings/number of readers on that said site? xD How many do you have there that follows you regularly?? O__o

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know right, Sakura could save Neji and a ton of others with the Byakugou Fuin on her forehead but NO, she want's to wait until Sasuke, who wasn't even guaranteed to come, showed up and she showed off in front of him. No offence but I think that healing Neji would have been a strategically wiser move. One Neji = One Hundred Average Hyuga.
Well now that you mention that, you’re right but Kishimoto was gunnin for one of the Konoha 11 to die and he unfortunately made Neji bite the bullet. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wanted any of Konoha 11 to die but to choose Neji out of the bunch, really? There were other candidates who weren't nearly as commendable as Neji and for what, to become the force to drive Naruto to get more serious, I mean Kiba for example would’ve done the same thing in my opinion. I mean it was a friend just like Neji but whatever, what’s done is done and it just sucks -_-

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll wait :shy:

In that you are correct, however... I thought it was obvious what I was referring to?? XD

Let's try again: "Finishing said breakfast, the Naruto, and Nana and Mea, went their separate ways." Last time I checked, Naruto wasn't an object xd Also, the double use of "and" is meaningless ;)

Then you surely must have some type of knowledge if you can rearrange the words like that xD I remember that every time I came up with a new technique (Rain of RasenShuriken for instance), I just omitted the Japanese word for it as I couldn't bother to find it out xD The other times when I used already known techniques, I just used Narutowikia... Glad that time is finally over. All the hours I spent searching for cool techniques to use back then xD I did come up with "Global Shadow - Sekaiteki-Kage" however, but I spent a lot of time finding that out and I'm not even sure if it's entirely correct to this date xD

I find that explanation reasonable =p ^^ xP

Lmao, but now you know xD I've been playing through both Force Unleashed games from the Star Wars Franchise lately, and I was immensely inspired by them. The Dash and the Leap could simply not get out of my head as I read your story xP

Cool, I'll be looking forward to that, haha ;)

Haha I see. Well one where Naruto becomes the villain?? XD

Yeah I'm kind of curious about your ratings/number of readers on that said site? xD How many do you have there that follows you regularly?? O__o
Ok, I'll get that fixed some other time.

A little, I have a general understanding of how Japanese works though 80% of the work is done by Google Translate. To clear things, Global Shadow: Sekai-Teki-Kage: せかいてき影, Rainfall of RasenShuriken: Rasen Shuriken no Kōu: 螺旋手裏剣の降雨.

I've played both FE games as well and now that I think about it, yes, it is a similar concept.

I won't say villain but...the Naruto in my story will be dark.

Well, I have around 73 individual reviews, 5-6 confirmed regular readers, 217 favorites and 302 follows. The best I've seen is 7000-8000 in the categories other than the regular readers, but then again, those guys have written like 700K and 900K words.

Well now that you mention that, you’re right but Kishimoto was gunnin for one of the Konoha 11 to die and he unfortunately made Neji bite the bullet. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wanted any of Konoha 11 to die but to choose Neji out of the bunch, really? There were other candidates who weren't nearly as commendable as Neji and for what, to become the force to drive Naruto to get more serious, I mean Kiba for example would’ve done the same thing in my opinion. I mean it was a friend just like Neji but whatever, what’s done is done and it just sucks -_-
I know right, killing Kiba would be more logical because, as friends, he was closer to Naruto than Neji due to being associates from the Academy. True, nothing we can do...other than change it in fanfictions.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,623💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, I'll get that fixed some other time.

A little, I have a general understanding of how Japanese works though 80% of the work is done by Google Translate. To clear things, Global Shadow: Sekai-Teki-Kage: せかいてき影, Rainfall of RasenShuriken: Rasen Shuriken no Kōu: 螺旋手裏剣の降雨.

I've played both FE games as well and now that I think about it, yes, it is a similar concept.

I won't say villain but...the Naruto in my story will be dark.

Well, I have around 73 individual reviews, 5-6 confirmed regular readers, 217 favorites and 302 follows. The best I've seen is 7000-8000 in the categories other than the regular readers, but then again, those guys have written like 700K and 900K words.

I know right, killing Kiba would be more logical because, as friends, he was closer to Naruto than Neji due to being associates from the Academy. True, nothing we can do...other than change it in fanfictions.
We'll see about that :p

That's cool O__o =)

Sounds good to me. Might not be the wrong move to go for it there, although I have no idea how the community is compared to NB...
To avoide getting repetitive, I'll leave this comment like this.