Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Chapter 7: Not Even Close

Hey there everyone, how's it going? It's been quite a while since I last updated, hasn't it? I'll try to keep the rate of updates either a chapter every two weeks (slowest) or a chapter every week (fastest); although I might change it as per my situation.

"He's strong" - Human Speech
'Then again, maybe not' - Human Thought
"Of course he's weak" - Biju Speech
'Imbecile' - Biju Thought
Tsukuyomi (Moon Reader) Jutsu

Quote of the day:
Training hard, risking your life...what's the difference? - Urahara Kisuke (Bleach)

Disclaimer: I FaHaD 5212 do not own Naruto in any way. (Although the OCs do belong to me, in a way. *Sigh* this is complicated)

Chapter 7: Not Even Close

Training Ground 4 – Konoha

The sky was red, clouds black. We could find our favorite genetic anomaly tied to a wooden post. His arms were kept to the sides so as to prevent the formation of hand seals, not that it would help. Shisui was standing with a blade in his hand, blood freshly dripping from it. Another strange thing was that the world was black, red and white.

"N-n-no, no no no no no. This is not happening. This isn't real" Naruto kept saying to himself as if it were a mantra, "Sh-Shisu-sensei, please stop this already."

"No Naruto, I'm afraid this is for your own good" replied Shisui, "You do want to be able to protect your precious people right?"

"Of course! But this, this is too much" said an anguished Naruto with four lifeless bodies at his feet; Uchiha Nana, Uchiha Mikoto, Uzumaki Mea and Uchiha Itachi. As the scene changed to one in which he killed the aforementioned people, he fell on his knees, "Shisui-nii, please stop this. I can't bear the loss of them."

"Then do something about it, I already told you what you need to do" replied Shisui coolly. He had his Mangekyo Sharingan activated and was using a much weaker and considerably less straining version of the Tsukuyomi (Moon Reader).

After witnessing many similar scenes, Naruto felt that he was helpless for too long."Damn it, I'm too weak. I need power. I have to be stronger. I WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN, EVER!" exclaimed Naruto shouting, "HAAA!!!"

In a burst of blue, the world shattered apart like glass. In reality, we could see Naruto's Sharingan gaining a tomoe each.

"Congratulations Naruto! You've unlocked your three tomoe Sharingan in this pseudo crisis situation" complimented Shisui.

"So this is how our accursed clan gains power, huh?" said Naruto mockingly, "I suppose it’s only logical, pain makes everyone stronger after all."

"I hope you don't hate me for this Naruto, I had to do this. Certain developments have taken place in these past ten months which forced my hand. Believe me when I say that you shouldn't even have a one tomoe Sharingan until you were at least a Genin" said Shisui.

"Its fine, you were only trying to help me, I'm grateful. I'm still far too weak; I need to have enough strength to protect those most precious to me" 'Especially Nana and Mea.'

Yes, Naruto had found another person whom he could honestly call someone to whom he could entrust his life.

Flashback

It had been two months since Naruto began his last period of training. He had made quite some progress, even managing to get a grip on his Sensei's Kenjutsu style. But his skill set was a story for another day.

Mikoto had decided to take Naruto, Nana, and Shisui on a trip to a famous village in Hi no Kuni (The Land of Fire), renowned for its hot springs and majestic view of the sea. Itachi and Sasuke had left with their father to an Uchiha hideout near the border of Kaminarai no Kuni (Land of Lighting) and wouldn't come back until a month later.

The village was located a few miles inland from the coast of Hi no Kuni (The Land of Fire) and a short way from the farthest islands of Mizu no Kuni (The Land of Water).

Mikoto had organized this trip after coordinating with Shisui to give their students a well deserved break. The journey was about three hours from Konoha at a Shinobi's pace.

Upon reaching the village, Mikoto and Nana immediately left for shopping while Shisui went to book rooms in a hotel, leaving our favorite blond on his own.

It was the first time Naruto had seen a civilian village, and he found it a little odd as he was more accustomed to seeing a Shinobi jumping on a rooftop every now and then and Ninja Equipment Shops spread out.

It was also a bit strange for him to not be glared at, in fact the people actually smiled at him. Although that was mostly in gratitude as he helped some old people with their luggage or helped someone find a missing object, small acts of kindness.

Another thing Naruto realized was that he was too serious and uptight; he hardly spent any time to cool down in favor of training. Suddenly breaking out of the routine was slightly disturbing for the blond anomaly.

Breaking out of his musings, he saw something he wished never happened to another. In front of him on the ground laid a girl around his age, malnourished and in rags. No one seemed to care about her; in fact she was sent a glare every now and then.

Having seen enough, Naruto masked his anger and went to a random civilian. He asked, "Excuse me sir, who is this girl and why isn't anyone helping her?"

The civilian in turn chuckled slightly before replying, "I'll tell you one thing, that's not a girl. It's a demon in human flesh. It calls itself Uzumaki" Naruto's eyes widened a little, "something. I don't know why anyone would help her, she's just a demon who curses our lives."

Naruto had heard enough and dismissed the fool. He was angry, scratch that, he was downright furious. Not only was one of his family poorly treated, but was treated almost as bad as him yet had no one to help her unlike him. If he didn't do something about it, he wouldn't be Uzumaki Naruto.

The girl in question was unconscious due to being malnourished and tired generally. She had fiery red hair which reached her shoulders and was covered on grime and dirt. Seeing her condition would make anyone pity her and want to help.

Naruto tried waking her up but when that didn't seem to work, he carried her bridal style, earning surprised looks and glares from the surrounding people. He had quite a bit of money on him stored in seals in case of emergency situations. Seeing that Shisui had no way to tell him where the room he booked was and that he needed one, Naruto decided to rent a room for two in an inn after doing a special Henge (Transformation) on both himself and the girl.

=====OFR=====
Mea's PoV (AN - last time I'm gonna mention this, Point of View)

I'm having a really bad day so far. First I can't find any food since morning so I'm starving, and then I started to feel disorientated later on, so I fell unconscious. I only now awoke and I'm thinking; 'Where am I anyways? Was I kidnapped?'

'What's going to happen to me?' I thought, thinking of things no seven year old should.

=====OFR=====
Third Person

The room was wooden, had two beds, a restroom, the essentials. It wasn't too high class but more than enough for anyone looking for a quiet night stay.

We find Naruto sitting on the bed beside the one on which the girl rested. He had taken the time to wash her and patch up her wounds; ignoring mental maturity the two of them were still children so technically speaking, he did nothing wrong by undressing he, it was a necessity and he didn’t even take off her undergarments so it was the same as a beach trip for kids, just that it was in the bath. He also sent a clone to get some food and drink for her along with a change of clothes which was quite easy to get using a Henge (Transformation).

Sleeping for an hour after Naruto brought her to the inn and patched her up, the girl showed signs of waking up, which she tried to hide although he noticed but decided to let her be. After all, who wouldn't be surprised, afraid even, at finding themselves in an unfamiliar place?

Almost deciding to leave her alone, Naruto felt the need to best her in her own game.

"Surely this little princess is yet not awake. Thou prince shalt wait outside" said Naruto in a highly exaggerated tone while feigning to leave, attention not leaving the girl.

Figuring that the person she was with was not dangerous, Mea felt as if she was challenged if the boy's tone was anything to go by. She, in reply to his jest, tucked herself further in her bed and feigned even deeper sleep.

Seeing this Naruto face faulted, earning a chuckle from the girl, "Seriously there's no beating you in stubbornness, but that is to be expected by a fellow Uzumaki."

Upon this the girl's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates and she said in disbelief, "Wh-what d-did you just say?"

Finding her reaction normal he replied, "I said that I'm also an Uzumaki, Uzumaki Naruto" but then added after some thought "however I also have Uchiha and Senju blood in me."

In a red blur faster than the eye can blink, the girl tackled Naruto in a hug, tears rolling down her face. "I have a family, I Uzumaki Mea am not a dem-" she mumbled but was cut off by Naruto.

"Never even compare yourself with a demon. If there are any demons in the world then it’s those people" he spat the last part like it was venom. "Anyway Mea-chan, from now on you are going to live with me and you don't get to say no" he said warmly.

Never being referred to in such a tone for as long as she could remember, her heart fluttered and she was unable to reply so instead opted in nodding in acceptance. She felt warm and safe in his company.

"Now let's just forget that sentimental crap and focus on food. Did I mention I brought food for you? I hope you don't mind if I eat some" Naruto jested.

As if on cue, Mea's stomach grumbled causing her to blush. Although she did nod at the now chuckling Naruto's request. After Mea had eaten a large amount of food in a manner no dignified lady, civilian at least, would eat; though it was understandable due to her living conditions. She asked Naruto about where he was from and why he was in the village.

His words after replying surprised her to say the least. He was alone in his early years as well and had it worse on some accounts; that was until he found his foster family.

However she then noticed something which made her turn beet red. “N-Nar-Naruto-kun, how and I wearing di-different clothes and why am I so clean b-be-beneath them?” questioned an embarrassed Mea who probably managed to connect the dots.

"L-let's just go meet them now Mea-chan, I'm sure they're wondering where I've disappeared to" said an embarrassed Naruto In a rush, child or not he
did undress an unconscious girl.

"H-hai Naruto-kun" was her simple reply though she was still obviously embarrassed; her face had turned a shade of red so dark after Naruto’s rushed reply that it would make her fiery hair envious.

Flashback End

=====OFR=====
Training Ground 4 - Konoha

Mea was later introduced to Shisui, Mikoto and Nana. After getting to know them better she made them the best of friends, especially Nana, but that was to be expected as they lived under the same roof.

Yes, Nana had moved in with Naruto since her aunt died two months after Mea's arrival. She had been a sobbing mess and it was nigh impossible for Naruto and Mea to comfort her. The day she lost her last blood related family, was also the day when she got her two tomoe Sharingan.

"The Sharingan is an eye which mirrors emotions." said Shisui and broke Naruto out of his musings, "The stronger the feelings, the more powerful the eye. That's why the standard Konoha requirements of the Sharingan, which I explained the day we began Sharingan training, are not really cared for. Shinobi are those who endure. In their career they regularly face intense emotions, intense enough to awaken and mature the Sharingan."

"I wonder, is the Sharingan (Copy Wheel Eye) named after its ability to copy Ninjutsu or that it mirrors an Uchiha's emotions to grant them power?" questioned Naruto, still a bit sore about the experience. And who wouldn't be? He had been seeing things which he never wanted to happen in reality. Only knowledge of the fact that it was a Genjutsu prevented the formation of a Mangekyo Sharingan.

In an instant Naruto drew his Katana spontaneously, but was seen blocking Shisui's Katana thus preventing the surprise attack on his back.

"Your reflexes have gotten quite good" complimented the teacher.

"And why wouldn't they be. If you keep trying to kill me like that I'd have to had developed a countermeasure sometime around" joked Naruto, he knew Shisui would never intentionally or needlessly harm him.

Chuckling Shisui vanished, only a few dancing leaves left behind showing the use of a Shunshin. Unfortunately for Naruto, he couldn't notice fast enough and got trapped in a headlock, courtesy of his teacher.

"And here I thought you were good. You'd better be careful, you don't have the skill to back up your arrogance. If you die, who'll take care of the two maidens in your home?" said Shisui in an overly dramatic voice, earning a chuckle from Naruto.

"Now then" Naruto got serious, making Shisui do likewise, "I think it's about time you told me more about the Mangekyo Sharingan."

"Mangekyo eh? Tell me what you know of it first" requested Shisui.

"Well, I know only what you told me the only other time we discussed the eye" retorted Naruto.

"Well that is most of what is needed to be known. Other than that, to get over blindness you will have to implant the Mangekyo of another Uchiha in your eye sockets. This is preferably a relative due to organ rejection but the only known Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan was of Uchiha Madara and he got his eyes from his little brother, Uchiha Izuna."

"Madara huh? Well he's among the few Uchiha I actually respect, along with you, Mikoto-kaa and Nana" said Naruto.

Now this was a surprise for Shisui who couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and ask, "Care to tell why?"

'Well other than the fact that he's my grandfather' Naruto thought before answering, "History is written by the victors Sensei. Uchiha Madara is misunderstood by the world. His intentions were not to wreak havoc or destroy Konoha just because he was rejected the position of Hokage, no, even Hashirama knew that he defected the village because he was rejected by his clan, shunned by his own blood, when he said that the Uchiha would be suppressed by the Senju. He fought Hashirama because he felt that sharing the power of the Biju with other nations would not initiate peace but would instigate war. The people of this world are corrupt Sensei, when given power they will do all they can to gain more. I believe that Madara wanted peace, after all he and Hashirama founded the village together, he named this village. So it's easy to conclude that Madara was forced to use his hand when matters got out of hand, in his opinion at least. I can only imagine how he was able to move on and work with the Senju after they killed his precious brother."

Shisui was left dumbfounded by the answer of the child before his eye and said, "You ARE eight, right?"

"Just turned eight a little while ago. Why ask?" retorted Naruto.

"It's just that no eight year old should have such deep insight on such matters. I think even the Sandaime hasn't thought of this possibility."

"Pain. The pain caused to me by the people of Konoha has given me realization of the world. Had I not had such a life I would have been ignorant to these, these humans." He spat the word as if it were venom, "Humanity is corrupt, selfish, greedy, prejudicial, and what not. The life I have lived has shown me the dark side of the world though not the darkest, for which I am thankful."

"I'm sor-, forgive me. Knowing you, you wouldn't want me to show such pity and from your words I feel that you wouldn't have traded your childhood with anyone else's even if you had the chance to" said Shisui in response.

"Anyway, I'm off to go to Mikoto-kaa's place. If you need me, you know where to look" said Naruto and left in a Shunshin (Body Flicker) before Shisui had the chance to say anything.

"That Naruto, same as usual" said Shisui with a sigh.

=====OFR=====
Hokage Office - Konoha

Upon entering the room, one would find the Hokage signing papers and documents, as usual. You'd think that it was torture for him but the truth couldn't be further from that.

Paperwork was like an escape for the aged Sarutobi, alongside smoking. He'd have so many problems to deal with in a day that by doing paperwork he was calming himself and making clearer decisions simultaneously; needless to say that Konoha's offices were also less burdening when tended to regularly.

However the old man suddenly stopped writing and turned his head towards the door, "You may enter Danzo."
We could see the crippled old man enter the room, "It's good to see that your senses haven't dulled after all this inactivity, Hiruzen."

"You don't have to say anything Danzo, you may as well leave because I won't be handing Naruto over to your Root anytime soon" said Hiruzen in a deadpan.

Danzo in reply said, "But surely Hiruzen, having the Jinchuriki under emotional control would not only help the village's security because the Kyūbi can be controlled but also we can have his Sharingan and Mokuton spread across the village. You must be aware of how much loyalty the Jinchuriki for Konoha, none."

"You know as well as I do that having a Sharingan outside the Uchiha clan would raise mistrust and don't even get me started on Mokuton. How are you even aware of such details? You should know that I'm privately keeping your Root active because it does the dirty deeds for the village but if I deem that you are using it to transgress your limits then consider them all executed along with leaving you no means to start a new force, not that you'd care as you would be executed without trial for treason. Also, do tell me the reason he holds such mistrust."

"I was merely stating, and while my plans may be considering as those which beget suspicious, they are beneficial for Konoha" replied Danzo but thought 'Damn you Saru (Monkey), your softness will lead to Konoha's downfall.'

"Now then if there is nothing else, may I continue my work?" asked Hiruzen.

“Hiruzen, despite your reply, you obviously know my real reason for coming here. The Uchiha clan.”

“And what of them? From what I know, they are being alleged for the Kyūbi attack due to the Sharingan’s powers. I believe that while there are a few signs that they will rebel soon, we should start to peacefully reach a compromise; even you regard the safety of the village above all else, right?”

“Of course, this is the village Tobirama-sensei wanted us to defend, you cover the light while I the darkness. I also believe that Sensei was correct in his judgment that the Uchiha are unstable and a threat to the village. We should be preparing to restart the bloodline with some extra measures and then exterminate the threat.”

“We will not do that unless absolutely necessary and I currently think that it is not. The Uchiha have more of a right to this village than any of us, they were the co-founders after all. Now if that is all, you may leave.”

Danzo nodded and turned towards the door, seemingly calm. However he was all but, ‘You are a fool Sarutobi, you trust too much and that will be Konoha’s downfall. I will follow your orders for now, however I will do what is necessary to defend Konoha if something happens, and you will be forced by the situation to agree with me.’

=====OFR=====
Uchiha Compound - Konoha

This was Naruto's favorite place in the village, the detestable village. The people, though at first under Fugaku's orders, but later on their own warmed up to him and were the only collective group of Konoha which Naruto could honestly say he liked; regardless of the fact that some other clans which didn't detest him, but didn't associate with him in view of their reputation.

Although unaware of the fact that he had a Sharingan and was very much one of them, they welcomed his presence with open arms; gradually that is. At first they were ordered by Fugaku to treat him kindly and such but month my month, this false care turned into genuine friendship. He was given fair prices and children were encouraged to play with him, in hopes of adopting some of his natural cleverness and to make friends with a student of an esteemed Uchiha; the fact could not be hidden by Shisui and Naruto.

The Uchiha clan was feared and isolated in Konoha. According to rumors, they were even blamed for the Kyūbi attack. Naruto on the other hand was also unjustly blamed by the population hence he felt better in the company of people who understood him to some degree.

Currently our hero was thinking of how much Nana and Mea had progressed under Mikoto's tutelage. The reason for Mea being hated was even more outrageous than Naruto's; simply because she was from a dead clan and had a Kekkei Genkai mutated from the original. Naruto couldn't even begin to imagine how people saw that as bad, although a few Shinobi from Kirigakure (Hidden Mist) had passed through that town in order to spread word about the 'demons' which they had identified.

'One would think that Kekkei Genkai (Bloodline Limits) are treasured' thought Naruto as he neared his destination, the house of the Uchiha Clan Head or rather it's private Training Ground.

The Uchiha always valued power and since eighty percent of the clan members were Ninja, each house was built with a training ground beside it; living at the outer edges of the village gave them quite some space. The Uchiha were one of the founders of the village after all and as such were currently the richest and strongest clan in Konoha, though money was no problem for the Uchiha even in the Era of Clan Wars.

Arriving at the Training Ground, he absently noted that it was larger than the others and was, excluding the Public Uchiha Grounds, one of the few which had a lake at a side. The general features were quite simple, a large clearing surrounded by trees with a considerably sizable lake at the end opposite to the house. There was a wooden track which connected the small bridge which led to a short distance away from the edge of the lake, and the stairs which led to the Clan Leader's House.

It didn't take long for Naruto to find the three females but suddenly took out his Katana earning questioning stares from the two girls by the lake who noticed him but noticed then that the third was missing so they looked behind them for a second.

That second was all Mikoto needed to get behind Naruto and attempt to slash him. *Clang*, metal hit metal. Nana and Mea turned back to Naruto to see Mikoto at his side, her Katana aimed at his abdomen but blocked by his own.

"Why is everyone trying to kill me today?" joked Naruto as he sheathed his sword.

"Now Now, I already knew that you could block it" replied Mikoto jokingly after she materialized behind the two girls in a flock of crows.

"Show off" muttered Naruto under his breath earning chuckles from everyone. "Anyway, how's training going?"

"Wanna find out?" taunted Nana and Mea in unison while drawing their Tanto.

"Let's" replied Naruto, once again unsheathing his Katana.

*Bop* *Bop* *Bop*

The three eight year olds held their heads in a way to exaggerate pain and whined, "Ouch, why'd you do that Kaa-chan?"

"You can fight each other later, dinner comes first. Itachi's coming back and I also invited Shisui. Sasuke is again gone with his father to an Uchiha hideout so we have the house to ourselves."

"Hai" replied the children in unison.

=====OFR=====
Uchiha Clan Head's Mansion - Konoha

Upon entering the house one could immediately feel the lively atmosphere. There were six pairs of shoes placed near the front door so as to not damage the Tatami Mats on the floor. Heading further inside the house six people could be seen enjoying dinner. If one didn't know any better they would think that they were family in blood, however they were in all but.

Eating slowly, savoring the taste, Naruto was calmly eating in silence as Itachi and Shisui talked while the females chatted with each other. Deciding to at least do something to not be considered antisocial, Naruto rhetorically questioned "Hey Mikoto-kaa, did anyone ever tell you that your cooking is the best?"

"My My Naru-kun, you'll make me blush" teased Mikoto.

"We all know who's the most mischievous one here Kaa-chan, no need to hide it" retorted Mea.

Chuckling Mikoto replied, "Defending our boyfriend are we?"

Mea immediately turned beet red, eliciting amused chuckles from the occupants of the room. Mea however was not one to walk away from a challenge unnecessarily hence asked jokingly in turn, "Trying to steal him from me?"

Unfortunately for Mea, Mikoto had the perfect comeback, "Why steal? He's already heads over heels in love with me. Isn't that right Naru-kun?"

"I don't know I'd rather choose Mea and Nana over volatile, quizzical, married women any day. Although if you give me a good enough reason, I might just reconsider" replied Naruto, saying the last part rather coyly.

"Oh Naruto-sama, whatever do you ask of me? You know I am bound to obey what you say" replied Mikoto in a demure tone.

Naruto, Mea and Nana blushed immediately to a red which would make a tomato green with envy, making the adults laugh; the girls' reasons for embarrassment being vastly different than Naruto's.

The rest of the meal was eaten with relative silence as the children couldn't find it in themselves to say much. A surprise noted later on, though not commented on, was that Itachi, stoic emotionless Itachi, laughed his heart out along with the other adults at the children's chagrin.

Finishing up on dinner, the children said their goodbyes, having gotten over their embarrassment. "Now then kids, remember the rules, no grandchildren for me until you're at least Chunin" said an amused Mikoto.

"KAA-CHAN!" shouted three embarrassed eight year old in unison.

Itachi stayed back inside and Shisui had already left in a Shunshin (Body Flicker). The leaving children and a waving Mikoto were the only ones on the road at the time.

=====OFR=====
Naruto's Mindscape

After coming home with the girls and getting in bed, Naruto felt that he should give the Fox an extra visit; it must be lonely not having anyone to talk to for a week.

"Hey there sunshine" greeted Naruto.

"May I ask why you have a death wish?" asked the Kyūbi rhetorically.

"Is that any way to treat a person who came solely to give you company?"

"Company that wasn't asked for" replied the Kyūbi.

“Tell me Kyūbi, how strong were Hashirama and Madara?” was Naruto’s interested query.

“Tell me Naruto, can you break a mountain on a whim?” was the Kyūbi’s cryptic response.

"You’re serious?” questioned Naruto in disbelief, but looking at the fox’s blank face was all Naruto needed for confirmation. “Anyway, I'm finally going to enter the Ninja Academy in a few months, got any advice?" questioned Naruto

"You could always kill those incompetent fools" but seeing Naruto unamused, it continued, "You want a team with those girls in sure, you know the criteria for team formation so keep an average score, not too high or low so you get underestimated later. Besides, you've got that old monkey on your side in ream formations."

"You're straightforward as always, though I suppose it’s better than you threatening to kill me every other minute. See ya later, I've got to sleep."

"Likewise, although I'd rather be outside of this damned seal" said the Kyūbi as Naruto disappeared from view.

That's it for now, I hope you liked it. I'll try to lengthen my chapters a bit every now and then, I can always try.

For those who don't know, I recommend that you re-read the story and tell me what you think of a few changes that I made. Anyone who points out all the changes shall receive a cookie.

Ja Ne

Read and Review.

Last edited:
Reactions: Urda

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read almost the fist half of the story..... I was disappointed. To completely take Kishimoto characters is so unoriginal to me. You should have just went with an Alternate universe of your OC's. I'm sorry, its seems like a good story, but I don't want read anymore.

Anyway, good luck on the story.

Reactions: FaHaD 5212

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read almost the fist half of the story..... I was disappointed. To completely take Kishimoto characters is so unoriginal to me. You should have just went with an Alternate universe of your OC's. I'm sorry, its seems like a good story, but I don't want read anymore.

Anyway, good luck on the story.
I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you disliked. I don't quite mind as you have your own tastes and opinion.

Thanks.

Shig

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you disliked. I don't quite mind as you have your own tastes and opinion.

Thanks.
He dislikes the fact that you didn't create your own characters, but instead took the canon ones, I guess.

I disagree with him, as I don't find alternate universe-like stories to be unoriginal; but to each his own, I suppose.

Reactions: FaHaD 5212

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He dislikes the fact that you didn't create your own characters, but instead took the canon ones, I guess.

I disagree with him, as I don't find alternate universe-like stories to be unoriginal; but to each his own, I suppose.
Well, Naruto wouldn't be Naruto without Naruto now would it?

Thanks for the backing.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

We meet again my rival O___O And I agree. I'm starting to like this guy xd
Although this time, I won't spend 3 hours to make a review xD

As for FaHaD my good friend, I will most likely be strict with grammar this time like I was with Wolfsbane, but there's no way in hell I'm going to point them out if they are even the slightest near the level of his craziness (which I don't expect knowing your past stories. I have however been rather... Lenient on the grammar aspects, so maybe I'll try to focus some on it if it acts up).

I'll leave a review by this weekend I imagine. I already promised myself I would pick up the Xbox360 controller and play a game again for the first time since Christmas, so I got to stick true to that.

Bonus Question: How come this story suddenly changed from [Adventure] to [Mystery]?? xD I'm interesting in finding out exactly what that could be :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We meet again my rival O___O And I agree. I'm starting to like this guy xd
Although this time, I won't spend 3 hours to make a review xD

As for FaHaD my good friend, I will most likely be strict with grammar this time like I was with Wolfsbane, but there's no way in hell I'm going to point them out if they are even the slightest near the level of his craziness (which I don't expect knowing your past stories. I have however been rather... Lenient on the grammar aspects, so maybe I'll try to focus some on it if it acts up).

I'll leave a review by this weekend I imagine. I already promised myself I would pick up the Xbox360 controller and play a game again for the first time since Christmas, so I got to stick true to that.

Bonus Question: How come this story suddenly changed from [Adventure] to [Mystery]?? xD I'm interesting in finding out exactly what that could be :rolleyes:
Rival? 'like this guy' = me?

Feel free to say what you want, I'm sure that it'll be beneficial for me in the long run :). Take three hours and one minute xd.

Take as long as you want, after all even I'm decaying my response to your chapter. You're also a gamer? You didn't really say much of it earlier.

Answer: Well, I could straight out tell you but I'll counter with a question of my own. Isn't a dark-lost Naruto story more fitted to be Mystery instead of Adventure? Adventure is for thrill and while there will be quite a bit of it, I think that the Mystery element will be more dominant later on.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rival? 'like this guy' = me?

Feel free to say what you want, I'm sure that it'll be beneficial for me in the long run :). Take three hours and one minute xd.

Take as long as you want, after all even I'm decaying my response to your chapter. You're also a gamer? You didn't really say much of it earlier.

Answer: Well, I could straight out tell you but I'll counter with a question of my own. Isn't a dark-lost Naruto story more fitted to be Mystery instead of Adventure? Adventure is for thrill and while there will be quite a bit of it, I think that the Mystery element will be more dominant later on.
Well he just popped out of nowhere on another thread and the discussion went going, haha :p

I'll take 1 minute :| :rolleyes: xd

Yeah because I ain't xD Haven't been in years anyhow...

Lmao, but then let me ask you, why not go with Mystery right away? O__o I think you forgot and somehow thought that since I always went with Mystery, then that was probably what you had been doing as well xD

As for the review, I say by Sunday ;)

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well he just popped out of nowhere on another thread and the discussion went going, haha :p

I'll take 1 minute :| :rolleyes: xd

Yeah because I ain't xD Haven't been in years anyhow...

Lmao, but then let me ask you, why not go with Mystery right away? O__o I think you forgot and somehow thought that since I always went with Mystery, then that was probably what you had been doing as well xD

As for the review, I say by Sunday ;)
I see.

Take 1 minute and 1 second xd

I figured as much.

Like I said, a few future themes made me re-consider the genre hence I changed it to Mystery. Now if you want me to spoil, feel free to ask :)

Any day is fine.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Error in first line... Since it's an error in the first line, I'll start my first line by pointing it out :p It should be; "It's been a while..." and not; "It's be a while..." ;)

For the introduction something caught my mind. "We could find our favorite genetic anomaly tied to a wooden post. His arms were kept to the sides so as to prevent the formation of hand seals, not that it would help."

Then a few lines later;

"He fell on his knees..." Wasn't he tied up? So how could he fall on his knees? =p I assume that since this is taking place within a genjutsu, it should be easy to picture how this happened, but at the same time, it would be better if the writer actually portrayed how this happened, like telling us that the imagery changes and that the post Naruto was tied to suddenly disappeared as he [then] fell to his knees [as a result]... Just a few tips to make your writing more smooth (even though I'm hardly an expert, haha xd).

Anyways, the first thing I notice on a general notice as I read on, is your grammar... "Now what, he's going to scold me??" - You might be thinking... But no, actually I think it has improved =p Still some to go on fluency to make it less bumpy, but grammar and structure-wise I think you have improved (even though I've been terrible at pointing this out enough before. Granted that you did tell me that you didn't have time and/or couldn't be bothered to spend much time with the after-work back then). Perhaps you've indeed spent some more time with the after-work this time around? Or maybe you just got lucky?? :rolleyes: There are however some strange lines here and there, but nothing major. Like I said, most have to do with fluency, like; "He had his Mangekyo Sharingan active and..." It's picking, I know, but "activated" would be better here.

[...]

The following one did catch my attention...

"Yes, Naruto had found another person whom he could honestly call someone to whom he could entrust his life."

At first glace it looked like a great line for some reason, but after further inspection, it's indeed one damn over-complicated line xD

"Yes, Naruto had indeed found another person to whom he could fully and completely entrust his life to."

Would be one simplified example that makes more sense ;)

"It had been two months since Naruto had begun train." Begun training??

[...]

"The village was located near the coast of Hi no Kuni (The Land of Fire) which was a short way away from the farthest islands of Mizu no Kuni (The Land of Water)." --> I don't think it's necessarily an error, but it's unnecessary to have both 'a short way' and 'away' right after each other in a line like this. "which was a short way from the..." Would be enough. Also, don't you mean the "nearest island" in this sentence?? Farthest doesn't really imply exactly what it's farthest from, although I did understand the line. And it should be just "island" unless we're actually talking about a small group of islands mashed together near the coast ^^

[...]

"In front of him lay on the ground a girl around his age, malnourished and in rags." --> "in front of him on the ground lay/laid a girl around his age, malnourished and in rags"

[...]

PoV... I don't think you need to explain this (but kudos anyways!), as it's a generally and widely accepted term that most people know the meaning of =p

[...]

I like that you tried out 1st person view :p I need to show you something though;

"I was having a really bad day, first I can’t find food so I’m starved from morning, then I slowly lost focus and go[fell] unconscious, and now I’m in some unknown location, probably kidnapped.

'What's going to happen to me?' were, thinking of things no seven year old should."

---> First of all, you mix present and past in a direct sentence in a somewhat bumpy way (not really wrong except from the "go/fell". It 'should' be either one of the following in my opinion; "I'm having a really bad day [so far]. First I can't find [any] food since morning so I'm starving, and then I started to feel disorientated [later on], so I fell unconscious. I only now awoke and I'm thinking; 'Where am I anyways? Was I kidnapped?' "

Or the preferred one in this case; "I am/was having a really bad day. First I couldn't find [any] food, so I had been hungry since morning, then I slowly lost focus and fell unconscious, only to wake up later realizing that I am now in some unknown location, presumably/probably kidnapped."

Then comes the question; " 'What's going to happen to me?' were, thinking of things no seven year old should." " I suppose you meant to add; "[Mea] were thinking things no seven year old should."

Again, these are just my two cents (or more, haha).

[...]

"he did nothing wrong by undressing he," 'undressing her*'

[...]

"Sleeping for an hour after Naruto brought her to the inn and patched her up, the girl showed signs of waking up, which she tried to hide although although he noticed but decided to let her be." Although twice in a row error.

[...]

Okay the following is not grammar related, but I just had to point it out XD

" "Never even compare yourself with a demon. If there are any demons in the world then it’s those people" he spat the last part like it was venom. "Anyway Mea-chan, from now on you are going to live with me and you don't get to say no" he said warmly."

'From now on you're going to live with me and you don't get to say no?!?!?!?!' xd I'm freaking dying here!!!! xdxdxd Aren't they 7 years old for crying out loud?!?! xd

:lmao: You are a genius xd Just do the damn timeskip already and start writing the beastly ***-scenes this story surly must have planned xd

[...]

"After Mea eating a large amount of food in a manner no dignified lady, civilian at least, would eat; though it was understandable due to her living conditions. She asked Naruto about where he was from and why he was in the village." --> So close to a perfect sentence as you can get. Replace "eating" with "had eaten" and remove the "period (.)" at the end of condition and replace it with a comma and you're all good.

[...]

Okay as I read on I can't help but think... You're setting up some love triangle drama here for the future aren't you? Aren't you?!?! Either that or you're going to kill one of the girls off >_> Try not to forget that this is indeed a family forum, and that you possibly can't beat the embarrassing scene I did back in TLSoK Returns between Naruto's son Jiraiya and Sasuke's daughter Miyuki xd

[...]

"If you keep trying to kill me like that I'd have to had develop[ed] a countermeasure sometime..."

[...]

"He spat the word as if it were venom"

This is not an error, but I thought I would point out that you used the exact same line before, earlier in the chapter. It's wise to try and avoid that although understandably, it's kind of hard when writing long texts like this. I do these errors all the time due to my "less sophisticated" vocabulary.

[...]

"You must be aware of how much loyalty the Jinchuriki [has] for Konoha[?] None."

[...]

" "You know as well as I do that having a Sharingan outside the Uchiha clan would raise mistrust and don't even get me started on Mokuton. How are you even aware of such details? You should know that I'm privately keeping your Root active because it does the dirty deeds for the village but if I deem that you are using it to transgress your limits then consider them all executed along with leaving you no means to start a new force, not that you'd care as you would be executed without trial for treason. Also, do tell me the reason he holds such mistrust." "

This paragraph confused me. The same guy who says; "You know as well as I do that having a Sharingan outside the Uchiha clan would raise mistrust" also says; "Also, do tell me the reason he holds such mistrust." Is this paragraph supposed to be split up between Danzo and Hiruzen? It seems like Hiruzen is answering at first, but with the end of the paragraph, it seems more likely that the first few words until "Mokuton" also belongs to Danzo??

[...]

"Arriving at the Training Ground, he absently noted that it was larger than the others and was, excluding the Public Uchiha Grounds, and one of the few which had a lake at a side." ---> Drop the second "and"

[...]

"It didn't take long for Naruto to find the three females but suddenly took our his Katana" *out* not our.

[...]

Okay I decided to stop it there before this takes up another 3 hours of my time. There are some hiccups and some bumpy sentences here and there, but for a third time today, I'll state once more that your grammar and structure are better than ever. So let's get to the actual reviewing, shall we??

So yeah, instead of re-reading and pointing out changes to receive a cookie, I feel like I've given you a basket full of cookies, and in return, you should point out those changes for me :rolleyes:

The chapter started off good. I liked that you sort of tied in the other chapters by starting off with a training session. The introduction of Mea in the flashback was also very well written (plot-wise, so I don't contradict myself) and had its share of good moments. Like I mentioned earlier, the more I read on the more it feels like some type of Pedo-child orgy is going to break out soon. I can only imagine Itachi's thoughts at that scene with his own mother teasing an eight year old like that xD I'm sincerely hoping that you have indeed planned to do the academy days uber fast so we can timeskip to a more "appropriate" time-frame for such "acts" ;) I also like the touch of Danzo and Hiruzen's conversation. The way you state things makes me confused of whether it was stated that way in the manga as well or if it was something you made up to smoothen things out (like the fact about 80 percent of the Uchiha clan being shinobi). Bravo!

Moving on, I have a feeling that you're building up to something with all the mentioning of Sasuke but without giving him screen time. For some reason, I have a feeling some type of chaos will strike soon and one or several key characters might die. If you look to the manga/anime, the Uchiha massacre happened before Naruto and company went to the academy, and it seems like you're making the academy happen earlier so you might have a thing or two up your sleeve. That's it for this humongous post, hope you don't think I was hard on you and hope you picked something up from this post. Now I'll be awaiting your reply, and your equally long-ass review on my chapter(s) xd

Last edited:

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Error in first line... Since it's an error in the first line, I'll start my first line by pointing it out :p It should be; "It's been a while..." and not; "It's be a while..." ;)

For the introduction something caught my mind. "We could find our favorite genetic anomaly tied to a wooden post. His arms were kept to the sides so as to prevent the formation of hand seals, not that it would help."

Then a few lines later;

"He fell on his knees..." Wasn't he tied up? So how could he fall on his knees? =p I assume that since this is taking place within a genjutsu, it should be easy to picture how this happened, but at the same time, it would be better if the writer actually portrayed how this happened, like telling us that the imagery changes and that the post Naruto was tied to suddenly disappeared as he [then] fell to his knees [as a result]... Just a few tips to make your writing more smooth (even though I'm hardly an expert, haha xd).

Anyways, the first thing I notice on a general notice as I read on, is your grammar... "Now what, he's going to scold me??" - You might be thinking... But no, actually I think it has improved =p Still some to go on fluency to make it less bumpy, but grammar and structure-wise I think you have improved (even though I've been terrible at pointing this out enough before. Granted that you did tell me that you didn't have time and/or couldn't be bothered to spend much time with the after-work back then). Perhaps you've indeed spent some more time with the after-work this time around? Or maybe you just got lucky?? :rolleyes: There are however some strange lines here and there, but nothing major. Like I said, most have to do with fluency, like; "He had his Mangekyo Sharingan active and..." It's picking, I know, but "activated" would be better here.

[...]

The following one did catch my attention...

"Yes, Naruto had found another person whom he could honestly call someone to whom he could entrust his life."

At first glace it looked like a great line for some reason, but after further inspection, it's indeed one damn over-complicated line xD

"Yes, Naruto had indeed found another person to whom he could fully and completely entrust his life to."

Would be one simplified example that makes more sense ;)

"It had been two months since Naruto had begun train." Begun training??

[...]

"The village was located near the coast of Hi no Kuni (The Land of Fire) which was a short way away from the farthest islands of Mizu no Kuni (The Land of Water)." --> I don't think it's necessarily an error, but it's unnecessary to have both 'a short way' and 'away' right after each other in a line like this. "which was a short way from the..." Would be enough. Also, don't you mean the "nearest island" in this sentence?? Farthest doesn't really imply exactly what it's farthest from, although I did understand the line. And it should be just "island" unless we're actually talking about a small group of islands mashed together near the coast ^^

[...]

"In front of him lay on the ground a girl around his age, malnourished and in rags." --> "in front of him on the ground lay/laid a girl around his age, malnourished and in rags"

[...]

PoV... I don't think you need to explain this (but kudos anyways!), as it's a generally and widely accepted term that most people know the meaning of =p

[...]

I like that you tried out 1st person view :p I need to show you something though;

"I was having a really bad day, first I can’t find food so I’m starved from morning, then I slowly lost focus and go[fell] unconscious, and now I’m in some unknown location, probably kidnapped.

'What's going to happen to me?' were, thinking of things no seven year old should."

---> First of all, you mix present and past in a direct sentence in a somewhat bumpy way (not really wrong except from the "go/fell". It 'should' be either one of the following in my opinion; "I'm having a really bad day [so far]. First I can't find [any] food since morning so I'm starving, and then I started to feel disorientated [later on], so I fell unconscious. I only now awoke and I'm thinking; 'Where am I anyways? Was I kidnapped?' "

Or the preferred one in this case; "I am/was having a really bad day. First I couldn't find [any] food, so I had been hungry since morning, then I slowly lost focus and fell unconscious, only to wake up later realizing that I am now in some unknown location, presumably/probably kidnapped."

Then comes the question; " 'What's going to happen to me?' were, thinking of things no seven year old should." " I suppose you meant to add; "[Mea] were thinking things no seven year old should."

Again, these are just my two cents (or more, haha).

[...]

"he did nothing wrong by undressing he," 'undressing her*'

[...]

"Sleeping for an hour after Naruto brought her to the inn and patched her up, the girl showed signs of waking up, which she tried to hide although although he noticed but decided to let her be." Although twice in a row error.

[...]

Okay the following is not grammar related, but I just had to point it out XD

" "Never even compare yourself with a demon. If there are any demons in the world then it’s those people" he spat the last part like it was venom. "Anyway Mea-chan, from now on you are going to live with me and you don't get to say no" he said warmly."

'From now on you're going to live with me and you don't get to say no?!?!?!?!' xd I'm freaking dying here!!!! xdxdxd Aren't they 7 years old for crying out loud?!?! xd

:lmao: You are a genius xd Just do the damn timeskip already and start writing the beastly ***-scenes this story surly must have planned xd

[...]

"After Mea eating a large amount of food in a manner no dignified lady, civilian at least, would eat; though it was understandable due to her living conditions. She asked Naruto about where he was from and why he was in the village." --> So close to a perfect sentence as you can get. Replace "eating" with "had eaten" and remove the "period (.)" at the end of condition and replace it with a comma and you're all good.

[...]

Okay as I read on I can't help but think... You're setting up some love triangle drama here for the future aren't you? Aren't you?!?! Either that or you're going to kill one of the girls off >_> Try not to forget that this is indeed a family forum, and that you possibly can't beat the embarrassing scene I did back in TLSoK Returns between Naruto's son Jiraiya and Sasuke's daughter Miyuki xd

[...]

"If you keep trying to kill me like that I'd have to had develop[ed] a countermeasure sometime..."

[...]

"He spat the word as if it were venom"

This is not an error, but I thought I would point out that you used the exact same line before, earlier in the chapter. It's wise to try and avoid that although understandably, it's kind of hard when writing long texts like this. I do these errors all the time due to my "less sophisticated" vocabulary.

[...]

"You must be aware of how much loyalty the Jinchuriki [has] for Konoha[?] None."

[...]

" "You know as well as I do that having a Sharingan outside the Uchiha clan would raise mistrust and don't even get me started on Mokuton. How are you even aware of such details? You should know that I'm privately keeping your Root active because it does the dirty deeds for the village but if I deem that you are using it to transgress your limits then consider them all executed along with leaving you no means to start a new force, not that you'd care as you would be executed without trial for treason. Also, do tell me the reason he holds such mistrust." "

This paragraph confused me. The same guy who says; "You know as well as I do that having a Sharingan outside the Uchiha clan would raise mistrust" also says; "Also, do tell me the reason he holds such mistrust." Is this paragraph supposed to be split up between Danzo and Hiruzen? It seems like Hiruzen is answering at first, but with the end of the paragraph, it seems more likely that the first few words until "Mokuton" also belongs to Danzo??

[...]

"Arriving at the Training Ground, he absently noted that it was larger than the others and was, excluding the Public Uchiha Grounds, and one of the few which had a lake at a side." ---> Drop the second "and"

[...]

"It didn't take long for Naruto to find the three females but suddenly took our his Katana" *out* not our.

[...]

Okay I decided to stop it there before this takes up another 3 hours of my time. There are some hiccups and some bumpy sentences here and there, but for a third time today, I'll state once more that your grammar and structure are better than ever. So let's get to the actual reviewing, shall we??

So yeah, instead of re-reading and pointing out changes to receive a cookie, I feel like I've given you a basket full of cookies, and in return, you should point out those changes for me :rolleyes:

The chapter started off good. I liked that you sort of tied in the other chapters by starting off with a training session. The introduction of Mea in the flashback was also very well written (plot-wise, so I don't contradict myself) and had its share of good moments. Like I mentioned earlier, the more I read on the more it feels like some type of Pedo-child orgy is going to break out soon. I can only imagine Itachi's thoughts at that scene with his own mother teasing an eight year old like that xD I'm sincerely hoping that you have indeed planned to do the academy days uber fast so we can timeskip to a more "appropriate" time-frame for such "acts" ;) I also like the touch of Danzo and Hiruzen's conversation. The way you state things makes me confused of whether it was stated that way in the manga as well or if it was something you made up to smoothen things out (like the fact about 80 percent of the Uchiha clan being shinobi). Bravo!

Moving on, I have a feeling that you're building up to something with all the mentioning of Sasuke but without giving him screen time. For some reason, I have a feeling some type of chaos will strike soon and one or several key characters might die. If you look to the manga/anime, the Uchiha massacre happened before Naruto and company went to the academy, and it seems like you're making the academy happen earlier so you might have a thing or two up your sleeve. That's it for this humongous post, hope you don't think I was hard on you and hope you picked something up from this post. Now I'll be awaiting your reply, and your equally long-ass review on my chapter(s) xd
I guess I'll edit the explanation for how he fell on his knees later, I have the entire scene playing perfectly in my mind.

I'll check on it later but I think that saying 'the farthest islands of Mizu no Kuni' should suffice.

I was hoping for advice on first person as I'm a bit new to writing that PoV. I'll build up on it later.

Well I don't think that 'beastly ***-scenes' would be appropriate (not that I could even write one) but that part was meant for some comedy and I guess it worked.

Well, my readers on the other site want a double pairing of Naruto with the two hence I introduced them but I AM contemplating the prospect of killing off one of them (Nana) and give something of the deceased to the other (Sharingan to Mea) but I'm confused on what to do; advice is appreciated.

I thought that I was quite clear that this paragraph was purely Hiruzen.
"You know as well as I do that having a Sharingan outside the Uchiha clan would raise mistrust and don't even get me started on Mokuton. How are you even aware of such details? You should know that I'm privately keeping your Root active because it does the dirty deeds for the village but if I deem that you are using it to transgress your limits then consider them all executed along with leaving you no means to start a new force, not that you'd care as you would be executed without trial for treason. Also, do tell me the reason he holds such mistrust."
The reason for mistrust part will be explained in future by Naruto himself to Konoha though with what has been going on, I think that it is quite clear the Hiruzen is insinuating that the people of Konoha are responsible for the mistrust and something that Danzo did instigated the situation, the last part will be explained in the future.

Wouldn't it be more productive to re-read as you can point out any remaining mistakes? I'll take the cookies though.

Well the 'Pedo-Child-Orgy' thing is half unintentional a quarter instigated by you and the rest by me. And those little things like Itachi's thoughts and the like are why I was thinking of a character development chapter.

Well things are building up, that's a given.

Anyway, I appreciate that you went out of your way to leave this long post and I did salvage somethings for future use. My review to your chapter is a bit lacking, I think I'll build up on it in a while.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess I'll edit the explanation for how he fell on his knees later, I have the entire scene playing perfectly in my mind.

I'll check on it later but I think that saying 'the farthest islands of Mizu no Kuni' should suffice.

I was hoping for advice on first person as I'm a bit new to writing that PoV. I'll build up on it later.

Well I don't think that 'beastly ***-scenes' would be appropriate (not that I could even write one) but that part was meant for some comedy and I guess it worked.

Well, my readers on the other site want a double pairing of Naruto with the two hence I introduced them but I AM contemplating the prospect of killing off one of them (Nana) and give something of the deceased to the other (Sharingan to Mea) but I'm confused on what to do; advice is appreciated.

I thought that I was quite clear that this paragraph was purely Hiruzen.
The reason for mistrust part will be explained in future by Naruto himself to Konoha though with what has been going on, I think that it is quite clear the Hiruzen is insinuating that the people of Konoha are responsible for the mistrust and something that Danzo did instigated the situation, the last part will be explained in the future.

Wouldn't it be more productive to re-read as you can point out any remaining mistakes? I'll take the cookies though.

Well the 'Pedo-Child-Orgy' thing is half unintentional a quarter instigated by you and the rest by me. And those little things like Itachi's thoughts and the like are why I was thinking of a character development chapter.

Well things are building up, that's a given.

Anyway, I appreciate that you went out of your way to leave this long post and I did salvage somethings for future use. My review to your chapter is a bit lacking, I think I'll build up on it in a while.
Well it's entirely up to you whether or not to edit this chapter (although it would be recommended despite the fact that it's "troublesome," like Shikamaru would have said it :p), but you have to remember the editing time limit also in case you end up stalling it too long and forget about that fact. Asking mods and such for editing work is even more troublesome than that xd Like I said though, I do understand most of what's going on because my mind usually skips out on errors and such unless I "prepare" myself to actually look for them (which takes a hell of a lot of time, hence the another 3 hours reviewing session this week). It's usually not worth the time in my experience unless I'm doing it for myself (even then I'm finding it hard at times justifying the means unless Trea reminds me why xP). I thought however that since I gave Wolf this treatment, I would do the same to you for once.

In that case I would have said; "The farthest Island(s) away [to the West] from the Mizu no Kuni mainland (I suppose we're close to the Land of Waves which is connected to the Land of Fire by the Naruto Bridge (that might not exist in your story for obvious reasons xD). I actually portrayed that in my first story as Naruto's convoy was heading for the Kage meeting in Kiri (Land of Water). Ahh the memories...)," or something. It is after all just suggestions, you can choose to ignore them completely if you like xd

Well I'm not really an expert on 1st person narrating xD TLSoSP is the 1st ever story I write/wrote where I attempted such a feat. I don't really have an "one right" answer for it. I'm just talking from experience really.

I find it funny because it's so ridicules to think of xD It's because they are this young and in these "scenes" that gets to my head. Sometimes I just ignore their age for the sake of reading. For some people it might even be disturbing to read when you pull their legs like that xd And I also said after a timeskip. You are clearly up for it. It's present all over your writing that you want to do one. Maybe a foursome with Naruto, Nana, Mea and Mikoto xD

As for advice man, I really don't know. Sometimes it takes "balls" to kill off a "fan" favorite, but sometimes it might even be a bad play. It took a long time before I started killing off characters in my stories, and when I first did, I massacred like 18 of them (granted that they were all canonical characters by Kishimoto though xd I wonder if I could still sum them all up to this date? Hmm...). When I finally did my 1st real death though, I had already moved on to do my One-Shot (The Legend of Link), but then again, due to the natural "habit" of an One-Shot, it was easier to let certain characters go due to the fact that I hadn't spent ages portraying them. The first hard choice to do for me, was probably to first let Rin (Bruce's sister and Ikari's love interest and also the mother to Ikari's child) die and then soon after Akuma (Ikari, Ibuki and Bruce's Sensei). From there on and out, it became less problematic although I surely raised some eyebrows when I had Bruce commit suicide at the end of my Series Finale, and even before that killing off all the Kages except for Ikari himself. I already knew Revan's fate before I started writing the Forgotten Tale, so it wasn't until TLSoSP that I started getting troubles making choices again. I knew Trea would be revived so that wasn't a problem, but with Yukimura... Oh boy was I uncertain. I had second thoughts for a long time before I "pulled the trigger." You just need to do what's best for the story I guess. What characters have played out their roles/time, and what "benefits" can be made from their deaths (Neji dying, getting Naruto and Hinata closer? It's fairly obvious that it was on Kishi's mind)? That's all I can say about it really.

I see... Maybe I over-read it as the last part being a question to why the Sharingan outside the clan caused mistrust, instead of Hiruzen asking why Naruto has mistrust in the village. I read it as "Why he holds mistrust [by the villagers]" and not "why he [himself] holds mistrust [against the village]." Two different choices of words or a more detailed sentence would probably have helped me pick up on that, but like I said, I am too far from anywhere near perfect, and I should have caught on to what you meant xD I do get it now and it was hinted throughout your chapter several times over that Naruto didn't trust or even care for a lot of people in the village.

I've spent too much time on reading lately (if you saw my post before your comment in the contest thread), and I don't actually have such quality time to spend, yet along spending even more of it, knowing me if I first start on it xP. 1, I can't really be bothered to xd 2, I'm actually not a reader (I'm not, at times I hate reading, lmao. It's like a fisherman hating water but loving the fish xD), and 3, I don't even know why I spent 6 hours reviewing two chapters. I could have written a chapter in that time xd

No I'll take the cookies and throw them in the river :| That way, the fishes can eat :rolleyes: XD

Yeah but building up towards Sasuke's involvement, or are you just mentioning him for the sake of mentioning him? o__O He's Sasuke after all, lmao. Even I wrote 12 chapter of my story before he made an appearance and became a regular (that's if we're not counting the Sasuke Chronicles. Can you believe that? I even wrote two chronicles beside TLSoK at that time xD Maybe I should look at my current short work as a chronicle, hmm...).

Hopefully my 3 hours doesn't go down the drain again (Wolf does not seem to be even the slightest interested in editing his chapter, which already makes those 3 hours wasted) then, lmao.
Haha, I'll be getting to it as soon as I can. I just got to note down an idea you just gave me (can you believe that? You gave me an idea... Or rather, you gave me an idea for an alternative name of Recollection of the Past).

Last edited:

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it's entirely up to you whether or not to edit this chapter (although it would be recommended despite the fact that it's "troublesome," like Shikamaru would have said it :p), but you have to remember the editing time limit also in case you end up stalling it too long and forget about that fact. Asking mods and such for editing work is even more troublesome than that xd Like I said though, I do understand most of what's going on because my mind usually skips out on errors and such unless I "prepare" myself to actually look for them (which takes a hell of a lot of time, hence the another 3 hours reviewing session this week). It's usually not worth the time in my experience unless I'm doing it for myself (even then I'm finding it hard at times justifying the means unless Trea reminds me why xP). I thought however that since I gave Wolf this treatment, I would do the same to you for once.

In that case I would have said; "The farthest Island(s) away [to the West] from the Mizu no Kuni mainland (I suppose we're close to the Land of Waves which is connected to the Land of Fire by the Naruto Bridge (that might not exist in your story for obvious reasons xD). I actually portrayed that in my first story as Naruto's convoy was heading for the Kage meeting in Kiri (Land of Water). Ahh the memories...)," or something. It is after all just suggestions, you can choose to ignore them completely if you like xd

Well I'm not really an expert on 1st person narrating xD TLSoSP is the 1st ever story I write/wrote where I attempted such a feat. I don't really have an "one right" answer for it. I'm just talking from experience really.

I find it funny because it's so ridicules to think of xD It's because they are this young and in these "scenes" that gets to my head. Sometimes I just ignore their age for the sake of reading. For some people it might even be disturbing to read when you pull their legs like that xd And I also said after a timeskip. You are clearly up for it. It's present all over your writing that you want to do one. Maybe a foursome with Naruto, Nana, Mea and Mikoto xD

As for advice man, I really don't know. Sometimes it takes "balls" to kill off a "fan" favorite, but sometimes it might even be a bad play. It took a long time before I started killing off characters in my stories, and when I first did, I massacred like 18 of them (granted that they were all canonical characters by Kishimoto though xd I wonder if I could still sum them all up to this date? Hmm...). When I finally did my 1st real death though, I had already moved on to do my One-Shot (The Legend of Link), but then again, due to the natural "habit" of an One-Shot, it was easier to let certain characters go due to the fact that I hadn't spent ages portraying them. The first hard choice to do for me, was probably to first let Rin (Bruce's sister and Ikari's love interest and also the mother to Ikari's child) die and then soon after Akuma (Ikari, Ibuki and Bruce's Sensei). From there on and out, it became less problematic although I surely raised some eyebrows when I had Bruce commit suicide at the end of my Series Finale, and even before that killing off all the Kages except for Ikari himself. I already knew Revan's fate before I started writing the Forgotten Tale, so it wasn't until TLSoSP that I started getting troubles making choices again. I knew Trea would be revived so that wasn't a problem, but with Yukimura... Oh boy was I uncertain. I had second thoughts for a long time before I "pulled the trigger." You just need to do what's best for the story I guess. What characters have played out their roles/time, and what "benefits" can be made from their deaths (Neji dying, getting Naruto and Hinata closer? It's fairly obvious that it was on Kishi's mind)? That's all I can say about it really.

I see... Maybe I over-read it as the last part being a question to why the Sharingan outside the clan caused mistrust, instead of Hiruzen asking why Naruto has mistrust in the village. I read it as "Why he holds mistrust [by the villagers]" and not "why he [himself] holds mistrust [against the village]." Two different choices of words or a more detailed sentence would probably have helped me pick up on that, but like I said, I am too far from anywhere near perfect, and I should have caught on to what you meant xD I do get it now and it was hinted throughout your chapter several times over that Naruto didn't trust or even care for a lot of people in the village.

I've spent too much time on reading lately (if you saw my post before your comment in the contest thread), and I don't actually have such quality time to spend, yet along spending even more of it, knowing me if I first start on it xP. 1, I can't really be bothered to xd 2, I'm actually not a reader (I'm not, at times I hate reading, lmao. It's like a fisherman hating water but loving the fish xD), and 3, I don't even know why I spent 6 hours reviewing two chapters. I could have written a chapter in that time xd

No I'll take the cookies and throw them in the river :| That way, the fishes can eat :rolleyes: XD

Yeah but building up towards Sasuke's involvement, or are you just mentioning him for the sake of mentioning him? o__O He's Sasuke after all, lmao. Even I wrote 12 chapter of my story before he made an appearance and became a regular (that's if we're not counting the Sasuke Chronicles. Can you believe that? I even wrote two chronicles beside TLSoK at that time xD Maybe I should look at my current short work as a chronicle, hmm...).

Hopefully my 3 hours doesn't go down the drain again (Wolf does not seem to be even the slightest interested in editing his chapter, which already makes those 3 hours wasted) then, lmao.
Haha, I'll be getting to it as soon as I can. I just got to note down an idea you just gave me (can you believe that? You gave me an idea... Or rather, you gave me an idea for an alternative name of Recollection of the Past).
I will edit it and asking the mods isn't too 'troublesome', so to speak.

:T_T::mad:_@: NO MORE GRAMMAR FOR TODAY!!!

In my opinion you are an expert of the PoV.

Oh no it isn't. My writing is pure, honest and innocent (for now), it just happens to have a few teases here and there xd. And no to lemons for now, I can say 95% sure that I won't write any.

I was planning on the killing to occur in Shippuden but once again, I'm still JUST considering it.

I have a spoiler regarding Naruto and Konoha, should I reveal it?

Well, reading is a means to improve writing so I don't you should necessarily hate it, even if it is sometimes.

Cookie mine, my cookie, no cookie for fishies :noes:.

To be honest, I'm just mentioning him for the heck of it (like you said) though he is a significant character in the future.

Editing tomorrow... Battery low... Need to... Shut down Laptop... *Gah*.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I will edit it and asking the mods isn't too 'troublesome', so to speak.

:T_T::mad:_@: NO MORE GRAMMAR FOR TODAY!!!

In my opinion you are an expert of the PoV.

Oh no it isn't. My writing is pure, honest and innocent (for now), it just happens to have a few teases here and there xd. And no to lemons for now, I can say 95% sure that I won't write any.

I was planning on the killing to occur in Shippuden but once again, I'm still JUST considering it.

I have a spoiler regarding Naruto and Konoha, should I reveal it?

Well, reading is a means to improve writing so I don't you should necessarily hate it, even if it is sometimes.

Cookie mine, my cookie, no cookie for fishies :noes:.

To be honest, I'm just mentioning him for the heck of it (like you said) though he is a significant character in the future.

Editing tomorrow... Battery low... Need to... Shut down Laptop... *Gah*.
Cool ^^ No pressure though :p ;)

XDXDXD Sure :lmao:

Well practice makes perfect I guess, but I'm still far away from being that good as you seem to claim xP

Really now :rolleyes: A writer usually misleads the readers into believing one thing and then bam! He slams down the real facts ;) xd I can't wait for the lemon 8)

I see O__O Well I suppose one death will spice things up, but I can't really "recommend" a death, can I? xD How about having the Kyubi die and have Naruto survive for the heck of originality xd

If you want to then sure, if not, then don't :p

I know, that's why it's strange. When I first started out, I hated re-reading my own work at times. I don't even understand how I got into FFs in the first place. Must have been John's rather strong persuading ability. The fact is all there though, as I've read only two books in my life on my own accord, the rest have been in school and in relation to schoolwork and such. I'm actually more of a movie guy, and also a gaming guy (at least I used to be). Reading has never been something I've been interested in for some reason. That is also why I'm very reluctant to ask and get into reading other people's FFs (which I usually can't be bothered to). I do enjoy reading the Naruto Manga though, so I'm not completely out of it.

I see, well in that case :p Guess we'll just have to wait and see. How long are you planning this story to be anyways? 15 like my original? I thought it would be a short one originally, as it felt like an experiment of sorts at first, but now I'm starting to realize that you might actually be planning to keeping at this story for awhile??

Lmao, good :| Otherwise I would have had to point out the grammar mistakes in your post :rolleyes: Just kidding xD No way in hell that I can be bothered to do that now. In fact, I can't even bother to go over the grammar in my own post this time ;p

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow, for Shisui to using Tsukuyomi on Naruto must mean that he believes in his willpower. Well as I continued reading, I see that he was using a weaker version which makes much more sense now lol Shisui continues to push Naruto to limits he didn’t even know he had, thus his training regime is indeed satisfactory :) Nice flashback into Mea’s background. I really enjoyed the confrontation between Hiruzen and Danzou ^^ Man, little Sasuke’s like always missing from the picture lol Mikoto is crazy XD As always the Kyuubi and Naruto conversations are hilarious lol

This chapter seemed longer than usual and the ending was nice. As a whole, the chapter was a great read and for having released this after a few months, I think you still have it ;)

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cool ^^ No pressure though :p ;)

XDXDXD Sure :lmao:

Well practice makes perfect I guess, but I'm still far away from being that good as you seem to claim xP

Really now :rolleyes: A writer usually misleads the readers into believing one thing and then bam! He slams down the real facts ;) xd I can't wait for the lemon 8)

I see O__O Well I suppose one death will spice things up, but I can't really "recommend" a death, can I? xD How about having the Kyubi die and have Naruto survive for the heck of originality xd

If you want to then sure, if not, then don't :p

I know, that's why it's strange. When I first started out, I hated re-reading my own work at times. I don't even understand how I got into FFs in the first place. Must have been John's rather strong persuading ability. The fact is all there though, as I've read only two books in my life on my own accord, the rest have been in school and in relation to schoolwork and such. I'm actually more of a movie guy, and also a gaming guy (at least I used to be). Reading has never been something I've been interested in for some reason. That is also why I'm very reluctant to ask and get into reading other people's FFs (which I usually can't be bothered to). I do enjoy reading the Naruto Manga though, so I'm not completely out of it.

I see, well in that case :p Guess we'll just have to wait and see. How long are you planning this story to be anyways? 15 like my original? I thought it would be a short one originally, as it felt like an experiment of sorts at first, but now I'm starting to realize that you might actually be planning to keeping at this story for awhile??

Lmao, good :| Otherwise I would have had to point out the grammar mistakes in your post :rolleyes: Just kidding xD No way in hell that I can be bothered to do that now. In fact, I can't even bother to go over the grammar in my own post this time ;p
Won't take any either.

Good xd

Modest I see.

And here I thought I was clear about being innocent :p

How did you know? Something similar will occur.

I see (Lol, this is my reply to your longest para in the post).

Oh no, this is going to be a long story. I mean I'm at chapter 7 and the Uchiha Massacre hasn't happened yet, I'm going till somewhere around Shippuden.

NOOOOOO!!! Grammar Evil!!! XD

Wow, for Shisui to using Tsukuyomi on Naruto must mean that he believes in his willpower. Well as I continued reading, I see that he was using a weaker version which makes much more sense now lol Shisui continues to push Naruto to limits he didn’t even know he had, thus his training regime is indeed satisfactory :) Nice flashback into Mea’s background. I really enjoyed the confrontation between Hiruzen and Danzou ^^ Man, little Sasuke’s like always missing from the picture lol Mikoto is crazy XD As always the Kyuubi and Naruto conversations are hilarious lol

This chapter seemed longer than usual and the ending was nice. As a whole, the chapter was a great read and for having released this after a few months, I think you still have it ;)
Well Naruto needs to be stronger because soon he won't really have a proper teacher, Jounin Sensei or not. Well Sasuke will make an appearance in the next chapter, I want to show his interaction with Naruto. Well crazy Mikoto means Mikoto bringing more readers, so why not? Well that's just their regular endearing conversation, just a little snark.

Yes this chapter is longer than the norm, which is something I wish to maintain (no promises). I guess I can rest easy over the matter of whether or not I'm proceeding with a proper flow:).

Note: Edited but I'm not sure if everything is correct. If anything is incorrect, I will change it while uploading chapter 8.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Won't take any either.

Good xd

Modest I see.

And here I thought I was clear about being innocent :p

How did you know? Something similar will occur.

I see (Lol, this is my reply to your longest para in the post).

Oh no, this is going to be a long story. I mean I'm at chapter 7 and the Uchiha Massacre hasn't happened yet, I'm going till somewhere around Shippuden.

NOOOOOO!!! Grammar Evil!!! XD

Note: Edited but I'm not sure if everything is correct. If anything is incorrect, I will change it while uploading chapter 8
I guess I'm just that good :rolleyes:

Cool O__o ^_^

Great for your writing. I can't be bothered to double check though XD But it's good that you did it anyways for the sake of... "reliability." ;)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Naruto needs to be stronger because soon he won't really have a proper teacher, Jounin Sensei or not. Well Sasuke will make an appearance in the next chapter, I want to show his interaction with Naruto. Well crazy Mikoto means Mikoto bringing more readers, so why not? Well that's just their regular endearing conversation, just a little snark.

Yes this chapter is longer than the norm, which is something I wish to maintain (no promises). I guess I can rest easy over the matter of whether or not I'm proceeding with a proper flow:).

Note: Edited but I'm not sure if everything is correct. If anything is incorrect, I will change it while uploading chapter 8.
Ooh, well from what you say, it sounds like you indirectly foreshadowed something very interesting to be happening soon in your story ^^

Oh that now made my day lol I love Sasuke and anything that he appears in is golden to me, I’m elated to hear that! =D

Nice and your version of Mikoto is just hilarious, EPIC, and kind of reminds me of my own mother believe it or not XD

You do a wonderful job so don’t worry about the length ;)

FaHaD 5212

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess I'm just that good :rolleyes:

Cool O__o ^_^

Great for your writing. I can't be bothered to double check though XD But it's good that you did it anyways for the sake of... "reliability." ;)
Not exactly reply-able, though that's my fault.

Ooh, well from what you say, it sounds like you indirectly foreshadowed something very interesting to be happening soon in your story ^^

Oh that now made my day lol I love Sasuke and anything that he appears in is golden to me, I’m elated to hear that! =D

Nice and your version of Mikoto is just hilarious, EPIC, and kind of reminds me of my own mother believe it or not XD

You do a wonderful job so don’t worry about the length ;)
Major events are about to happen, that's a given.

Not sure about a cool entrance, he is an ordinary kid after all.

Seriously!!!??? The similarity is the teasing, right? I doubt that it's on the level of my Mikoto (The last part made intentionally suggestive).

Thanks, I'll try to keep this up =D.