Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Chapter 12: Aftershocks

Hey guys, sorry for the late update but I already gave a message in the last chapter. Another thing is that while I will try to keep my update rate at three chapters a month, I'm getting a bit busy these days so expect delays. I'll do my best to improve my quality so that I can make the wait worth it.

"Oshiete Oshiete Yo Sono Shikumi Wo (Someone Tell me, Oh Please Just Tell me; the way it works)" - Human Speech
'Boku no Naka ni Dare ga Iru no (Who is that inside of me?)' - Human Thought
"Kowareta Kowareta yo Kono Sekai de (Here in this Broken-down, Broken-down World)" - Biju Speech
'Kimi ga Warau Nani mo Mie zu mi (You Laugh Without Seeing a Thing)' - Biju Thought
Suition: Suijinheki (Water Release: Water Formation Wall) - Jutsu

Quote of the Day:
It's a simple formula. The greater the tragedy, the greater the emotional effect. ~Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)

Disclaimer: I FaHaD 5212 do not own Naruto in any way.

Chapter 12: Aftershocks

Ninja Academy – Konoha

Nana and Mea sat in class, not paying attention due to having thoughts of their precious person in a broken state. Sitting in a corner at the back, they had specifically requested Iruka to leave them be for a few days, taking a test on their attention and knowledge later to reaffirm the validity of their claim that nothing would happen to their grades.

The Academy in question had been made more difficult and the courses were better suited to make Shinobi who could very well be the best in the future... Especially considering how much potential everyone had. Years ago, the system was more history lessons with neglected field knowledge and physical skills, resulting in a lower quality ninja and causing prodigies to get too pompous over their easy success. Now however, a new system had been set up which dealt with education in two portions, physical and knowledge with sixty percent needed each to pass onto the Shinobi program and become a Genin. The physical portion comprised of half the course, the contents were physical capacity, Chakra capacity and its control along with the previous Jutsu with an additional requirement to learn on basic Jutsu of the primary element of the student. The theoretical portion dealt with the other half, comprising of mostly theory on battle tactics and essential information needed on the field, the minor part was history and dealt with need to know information like landmarks, the Kage system and such. This made the students more fertile ground on which the Jounin Sensei could work on...provided that the students pass.

The new system was one the Sandaime Hokage carefully thought up of, spending years to come up with a long lasting system to make better ninja with the least possible deduction to the numbers.

Anyway, currently, class was ending and the two girls were preparing to rush home. Two days of seeing Naruto basically dead made their hearts break. For better or worse, Naruto was feeling more comfortable with smiles and talking again...The blow to his core had been a rather large one.

And who wouldn't be broken after what he had been through? It was basically growing up in a world where everyone hated your guts for a reason out of your control from your infancy and tortures you both physically and mentally, then you get tipped over the edge and kill some and later regret the action, then you slowly find a new life, a new world, and start enjoying life... Mental tortures still not stopping, and then finally, to have that world taken away, the important bonds broken, potentially losing everything and falling into despair, at the age of nine no less. Not a pleasant thought to say the least... No one would survive that without any scars. Shisui had been the first person Naruto had met who stayed with him for years, Mikoto coming later though no less important. Losing Shisui meant that he lost his world as the late man had been somewhat closer to the boy due to being his teacher.

Regardless of the emotional turmoil which Naruto surely faced, the two were determined to help him as he had done for them. Getting up, the two walked towards the exit of the classroom, quickly moving to a secluded spot and vanishing in a Shunshin (Body Flicker).

=====OFR=====
Uzumaki Estate – Konoha

Sitting on the bed, hugging his knees, Naruto sat and stared constantly into nothingness. Mikoto sat beside him, completely silent and observing the young boy, letting him have his silence.

Naruto was had slowly recovered in the two days that had passed, he started to smile at attempts to make him laugh and started moving outside his room after the first day. His eyes however carried grief that was far beyond his years. For most of the part, Naruto was doing quite well for someone who had lost someone extremely close to them... A testament to the tireless attempts by his female companions to cheer him up.

Hearing the door being opened, Mikoto figured the girls had come back from school. Speaking of which, no one really bothered to question Naruto's absence, those who did were given the 'He's under the weather' excuse... Not convincing if you knew the boy closely but enough for the others, who brushed it off without second thought.

=====OFR=====
A Mansion in a Valley - Unknown Location

Taking a look around, the main features were the many small hills which surrounded the valley and a large field of Sakura Trees, making for quite the sight indeed, especially considering that the monastery added an indescribable beauty to it all.

The residence in question was not your ordinary monastery... No.... It was a more akin to a well structured traditional house with a tiled blue roof, red walls, golden trimmings, finely carved windows and elaborate patterns on the lower ends of the walls. The building was connected to an orchard, or farm of sorts, containing a myriad of fruit and vegetable plants along with various animals, making for a dream farm that any farmer would die for...quite literally if an attempt was made.

After all, anyone who entered and saw the black tatami mats and cream colored, finely decorated walls of the well furnished rooms was in for an untimely death. Although the outside and inside of the two storey building was admittedly alluring, the intricately designed paintings on the walls, the high quality furniture inside, the perfect farm outside, the majestic Sakura Trees that surrounded the area, the clean fresh water streams from the hills , the large clearings made perfect for training... The owner of it all was a legend who was supposedly dead and would kill on sight.

Currently in the lounge, sitting on a chair and reading a scroll was a man none other than the one who achieved the title of a dead man who haunted you while still alive. He was one who was considered the best of the best, the highest standard a person could reach, if you were lucky enough to be spared by this man with long black hair, you would pray to never see his cold, demonic, blood red eyes another day... Yes... Uchiha Madara was not called the Uchiha no Bōrei (Ghost of the Uchiha) without a reason.

Madara was sitting on a couch, the furniture was rather modern is comparison to what one would assume at first sight from outside, and refreshing his memory over some aspects of Fuinjutsu (Sealing Art), he would after all be breaking into an S-Rank seal, at least as it could very well be SS or even SSS-Rank, undetected only in a little over a month.

Beside the couch, emerged a giant, closed Venus Flytrap, opening to reveal a man who's right half was white while the other, black. "We are unable to enter the residence of the boy, as you know." The black part continued, "However we can confirm that he is very emotional although he probably is getting better judging from the reactions of the girls in the past two days."

"I see, I expected as much." The now almost twenty three years old, Madara replied to the artificial being, "For now we will go on with the original plan..." Madara paused and left his sentence incomplete, finding something interesting in the scroll. 'Interesting, the barrier prevents humans and Chakra from entering but inanimate and lifeless objects can pass through... I wonder how, maybe its large array has details for what can pass, or a system to check the passing objects for details which will be judged by codes and allowed entry... What other loopholes are there...?' Lost in thought, Madara continued his study.

=====OFR=====
Secret Mission Assignment Office - Underground - Anbu Headquarters – Konoha

The room was dimly lit with candles; some emergency electrical lights on the roof were present but turned off. The walls were made of high quality wood, not painted and windowless with no decor. There was a large table opposite the door, which was a traditional sliding one, which had a white cloth on it.

Behind the table and to the wall were four seats, seated on which were four people. The Sandaime Hokage, the Professor Sarutobi Hiruzen. Two of the students of the Nidaime Hokage Senju Tobirama, Utatane Koharu and Mitokado Homura. Finally the Yami no Shinobi (Darkness of Shinobi), Shimura Danzo. The four students from Senju Tobirama's Genin team.

Opposite them, sitting on a knee with a blank expression was Uchiha Itachi in his Anbu attire, mask off. "Uchiha Itachi, reporting for duty."

"As you know Itachi-kun, Uchiha Shisui was killed by an unknown party." Hiruzen discreetly looked at Danzo before looking back it the young Anbu, "As such, I would require you to-"

"Forgive me for interrupting Hiruzen," Danzo said, "but I am convinced that any peaceful negotiations with the Uchiha will be broken without progress and give them time to prepare for the inevitable conflict."

"What are you suggesting...?" Homura asked, knowing full well what his teammate meant.

"Have you lost your mind Danzo?! The Sharingan is an invaluable asset to Konoha." Needless to say Koharu was not pleased.

Getting the 'continue' motion from the Hokage, Danzo added, "Therefore I suggest that Itachi-kun here exterminates the root of the problem himself, sparing Uchiha Sasuke and Uchiha Nana," Danzo knew full well the consequences of revealing Naruto's Sharingan, "and becomes a Missing-nin."

"Danzo's statement has merit, unfortunately. The Uchiha do seem inconvincible however, Itachi-kun...do you accept?" Sarutobi knew that Hokage he had to make the hard choices for his village.

Knowing full well that he was pinned in a corner by Danzo's scheming and that he had no other choice, he replied, "Hai, Hokage-sama."

Feeling a sense of Déjà Wu, the aged Sarutobi said, "You have two weeks, prepare yourself for the task, do it as you see fit. Remember, this is the most atrocious sin a person can commit so please think carefully about this action against your kin."

With a brief nod, the Uchiha prodigy left the room, walking through the door; the two advisers of the Hokage were left confused why an Uchiha other than the Anbu's brother would be left alive, and they knew that they wouldn't find out anytime soon.

'I'm having a bad feeling... Like I'm making a mistake...' The Hokage's job was not an easy one. 'I still haven't visited Naruto to check in on his mental state after Shisui's death, only Itachi's reports.'

=====OFR=====
A Cave - Unknown Location

Looking around, one could see complete darkness with the exception of the sunlight entering from the mouth of the cave in the mountains, and a torch inside.

"... Finally! The puzzle of 'The Star' has been solved..." said a voice, the owner a young woman. The darkness hid her features however her long hair, the colour of which was a shade quite light, akin to white, but was not clear in the dim lighting.

"Here, in the abandoned mountains of Kaminarai no Kuni (The Lightning Country), also known as the Kindan no Kodai (Forbidden Ancients), I have uncovered the key to the universe... Or rather the lock. *Sigh*" The mysterious figure seemed a bit depressed, confused more so.

"Piecing the information from all the caves here, I have concluded that 'In order to behold the might of the Star God in the land hidden by the maelstrom, you must possess the Shinju (Divine Tree) and harvest the key, or a descendant who is the true heir of the sight.' I know for sure that the 'Lock', if it can be called that, is somewhere in the Uzu no Kuni (The Land of Whirlpools)... Now what is this Shinju (Divine Tree)? And how can trees have heirs?" the female rubbed her temples, "Calm down, this just means that I'll have to research for more information..." Slowly losing himself to thought, the figure became silent.

=====OFR=====
Uzumaki Estate – Konoha

Nana and Mea had just checked on Naruto, Mikoto going back home due to having a responsibility to Sasuke as well. Leaving in the Shunshin (Body Flicker), the elder Uchiha Matriarch arrived several minutes before the young second heir, who had to walk to the isolated compound.

"Say, Naruto-kun," Nana began, "Don't you think it'll be best to start the Academy again?"

Considering his options, the genetic anomaly thought it best to start living again... 'It would be what Nii-chan wanted.' So nodding in reply, Naruto added in a low tone, "I-I want to spar with you all... You, Mea, Kaa-chan and Itachi-nii... I want to test my strength..." his tone slowly gained a bit of determination at the last part before getting hushed again, "I'm too weak, far too weak..."

Understanding that the boy must want to release all the pent up frustration, he received a nod from the two girls.

=====OFR=====
Uchiha Clan Compound – Konoha

It was evening and Itachi had just dealt with a few members of the Uchiha Police Force who were bothering him. An interruption from Fugaku and an apology from the teen lead to the situation being resolved.

Currently however, Itachi was on in his standard Uchiha garb; Itachi was ready to go check on Naruto with his mother. Sasuke had apparently started training even more with his father, hence spending more time with...for better or for worse. 'He's training and getting stronger so it's fine' Itachi tried to convince himself.

=====OFR=====
Uzumaki Training Grounds – Konoha

A shade of jet black filled the sky which was permeated with twinkling stars while the moon shined in from between the small density of clouds spread throughout the night sky.

On the ground, young Naruto was standing in a clearing, wielding a different sword than usual. The Katana he was currently wielding was none other than the one designated for him, Kurai Hasaki (Dark Cutting Edge). The black sword complimented well with the dark night sky, the two Magatama at either end of the guard and the faint trace of red on the blade made for an intimidating sight. The fact that the sheath on the boy's waist being as black as the blade and the blood red ribbon used as an ornament were no consolation.

Facing the boy who held the diamond patterned grip on his blade were four individuals, Uchiha Nana, Uchiha Itachi, Uzumaki Mea and Uchiha Mikoto. The three Uchiha had their Sharingan activated while Mea had her mutated version of the Kongō Fūsa (Adamantine Sealing Chains) on the ready. Now the standard Uzumaki bloodline consisted of the ability to construct Chakra Chains and manipulate them, Mea on the other hand could do something extraordinary... She could quite literally turn her hair into a deadly weapon; maybe even make barriers with it. The basic concept, as Mikoto and Mea had derived, was that the girl could change the shape of her hair into any form of weaponry she could imagine. While it was unknown if she could launch projectiles, what they did know and was sufficient for the moment was that she could use Chakra to strengthen her hair to insane levels, possibly making it as strong as Kushina's Chakra Chains in the future, as noted by Mikoto, and fold it in a way that she could form blades, hammers, shields and such. She had not really named it yet.

"Come..." Uchiha Naruto felt arrogant. He regretted letting his opponents take the initiative, being forced to dodge at high, Chunin level, speeds could do that to you... Especially if you were outnumbered four to one, two of your opponents moving at greater speeds than you could at your best.

Undeterred, Naruto's three tomoe Sharingan span at speeds so fast that it seemed to form a circle around the boy's pupil, allowing the boy enough perception of a slowed down and predictable world for Naruto to manage dodging. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the younger girls about to hit each other, Nana with a Tanto against Mea's hair. Capitalizing on the impact, Naruto quickly sent the two flying in a roundhouse kick, ducking immediately to dodge a right and left hook from Mikoto and Itachi respectively.

"You've progressed a lot Naruto-kun." Itachi knew talent when he saw it and Naruto was a gold mine which started coughing up diamonds as well.

Not commenting, the boy used formed Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clone) without hand seals. Still a bit frustrated at his inability to help Shisui, he released his pent up tension.

Katon: Karyū no Jutsu (Fire Release: Fire Dragon Technique)
Raiton: Rairyū no Jutsu (Lighting Release: Lightning Dragon Technique)

Naruto unleashed a huge inferno from his mouth, taking the shape of a dragon while the Clone summoned lightning around him, guiding it as it took the shape of a dragon. The two A-Rank Jutsu combined to form an insanely large dragon, thrice as big as one of its components. Rushing towards the two Uchiha, the fierce inferno which emitted bright and large red sparks was blocked... By a larger wall of water.

Suiton: Suijinheki (Water Release: Water Formation Wall)

Something the mother and son shared was a fire-water affinity. This was all that allowed the two to stop the dragon in its tracks, the lighting still managing to sent sparks through them to stun them for a few seconds, steam immediately forming due to water being boiled.

Naruto on the other hand sat on one knee, panting. 'It's going to be a year or two before I can use an A-Rank without putting my health at risk.' Naruto had a lot of Chakra left however his body was not mature enough to handle the strain of a powerful Jutsu, Kyubi or not.

Recovering at the same time, Itachi felt a faint pang in his heart as he remembered the last time he saw this scenario. Straightening his focus, Itachi steeled himself and mumbled, "Kujou wouldn't want me to be like this."

Mikoto heard the hidden pain in his tone and mentally cursed her inability to do nothing to ease the pain of her two sons, blood connections to Naruto be damned.

'Kujou was such a wonderful girl...' Mikoto reminisced all the good moments she shared with the young Uchiha Anbu, she had been hardened due to war otherwise she would have been a sobbing mess on both occasions of deaths, Shisui's and Kujou's.

Recovering from the fatigue faster than the two could recover from their paralysis, Naruto stood up... Only to duck two roundhouse kicks aimed at his chest, courtesy of the Nana and Mea.

Seeing the opportunity, Naruto grabbed the girls by the arms and slammed them together, or attempted to as they both punched, Chakra Enhanced at that, the back of his head with their free hands, sending the boy flying into a tree.
Groaning, Naruto got up to his feet and saw three females standing about ten meters away from him... 'But what about Itachi-nii...?'

Naruto got his answer when a flock of crows assaulted him from behind, causing minor damage. Sensing a Chakra spike, Naruto instantly went through hand seals and the earth shook.

Mokuton: Jukai Heki (Wood Release: Deep Forest Wall)
Katon: Hōsenka Tsumabeni (Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Burning Crimson)

A barrage of fire coated Shuriken hit the wooden branch dome Naruto had created, protecting him but causing him to sweat due to the heat.

'It's a good thing Kaa-san found about my illness and healed it; otherwise I would have been coughing blood after the water wall earlier.' While Itachi would still have dominated the fight regardless of illness, he felt much more comfortable as he was now.

Suddenly collapsing on the ground, Naruto groaned one last time before falling unconscious, prompting Mikoto to rush to his location and run a medical scan on him. While it was not her specialty, Uchiha Mikoto knew enough about Iryō Ninjutsu (Medical Ninjutsu) to be second only to Tsunade's assistant Shizune, the second best medic alive... And maybe Konoha's head medic, she wasn't keen on a comparison.

Sighing in relief Mikoto smiled softly, her gaze not leaving Naruto, "He's just mentally tired, the two A-Rank Jutsu earlier put his body to the limit. The trauma almost three days ago was eating him up from the inside... He's a tough little cookie; he'll be fine by morning and going to the Academy."

Releasing a breath they didn't know they were holding, Itachi and the young girls relaxed, the girls falling on the ground.
"That Naruto-kun..." Itachi spoke mirthfully.

Chuckling, the Mikoto lifted the boy gently took the boy home to tuck him into bed, the girls following in suit while Itachi left in a Shunshin (Body Flicker).

And cut.

Sorry if this seemed sudden, I intended to write an Academy scene later but I felt that the brightness would ruin the chapter. Anyway, thanks for your patience, I guarantee two more chapters within this month, I kid you not.

Another thing, those who haven't checked already, I would appreciate it if you searched for 'Yakumo Kurama' on the Internet. She's a character from a filler who has partially different circumstances than the filler, think of it as a non-canon filler... Yeah, sounds insane...

Thanks for the reviews and support, the picture of the house will be uploaded in a few days…I’m contemplating adding the picture of the mysterious figure but I want to keep things mysterious. Should I upload it?

Jutsu List

Katon: Karyū no Jutsu (Fire Release: Fire Dragon Technique): A Rank: Offensive:
The user spews an inferno of concentrated, dragon-shaped flames. The dragon formed can be manipulated slightly after leaving the body, that is to say that the direction can be changed. The strength and volume of the flames can be changed with Chakra input. The flames move towards the target at high speeds and make a large, fiery explosion on contact.

Raiton: Rairyū no Jutsu (Lighting Release: Lightning Dragon Technique): A Rank: Offensive:
The user generated lightning around them and sends of forth a condensed bolt of lightning in the form of a dragon. The direction of the dragon can be altered slightly as it leaves the area around the user. The size and strength of the lightning can be altered with Chakra input. The bolt moves at break-neck speeds and electrocute the target, paralysis a guaranteed effect if they survive.

Until next time,
I'll appreciate a review since you've read this much already.

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like how you decided to change the academic teachings, if only real life schools were like this in terms of teaching their students the most important tools they’ll really need to face the world lol It was nice to get a detailed description of where “Madara” lives. I was just as disgusted with your version of Hiruzen’s advisers as I was with Kishimoto’s as they actually questioned why the lives of two Uchiha had to be spared. What I found really interesting is this new mysterious character who has in interest in the Uzu no Kuni =D I loved how Itachi worried about Sasuke as well as his little brother training more seriously ^^ It was great to get a better understanding into Mea’s arsenal and it appears that she has outstanding potential :) I liked that you showed Naruto’s restrictions as that made it very realistic. I really loved the battle scenes! =D

This chapter was well written as usual and an enjoyable read! ;)

I checked out Yakumo Kurama her character seemed pretty interesting.

About the mysterious figure, I personally like mysteries so I like that you’re leaning more to keeping their identity secret :)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Naruto was had slowly recovered in the two days that had passed,"

That's the only grammar thing I could spot so well done in that department. Seems like you took my advice huh =p

I felt this chapter had a better flow than the last two which is a good thing, but that mainly comes from the better grammar alone I guess.

Now, I mentioned something last chapter or the one before that I felt something was off, and taking into consideration what we have been discussing lately with the guys on FF.net, I think I finally have managed to put a finger on what I thought was missing. It's kind of strange to say this, but for some reason, it feels like these last few chapters have been lacking a "soul..."

I find myself often times looking back on chapters I did earlier that I thought lacked excitement even though they portrayed the message I wanted to get through. Like they were written at a wrong time so to speak, when my excitement for the current plot had vanished. When I say soul however, I mean that one thing that makes something special. I think also I can understand why I think that in your case. I don't know how up to date you are with the Naruto anime/movies, but there's a movie called Road to Ninja that dealt with alternative dimension work, much like yours. Then in one of the latest fillers, there's this similar pattern only this time it's Road to Tenten. Even if they are seemingly set in the same universe they differ. Whereas the movie managed to bring out excitement and emotions, the other didn't bring anything to the table at all despite what would otherwise have been a huge plot-point, filler or not (with the Mist Village and Hanzo invading Konoha).

One could say that whereas the Road to a Ninja movie had a soul, the Road to Tenten filler lacked one. Why? Was it because people was craving canon episodes? Was it because it lacked excitement, or was it because the concept felt overused at the time? Perhaps all 3 of them, but mostly the 2nd. You told me this story is meant to be long, and that is fine, but I think this story would have benefited more from a faster paced storytelling. I'm not saying you are using reluctant scenes, but it feels like the story is moving forward too slowly, like everything happening up until now has been 2 chapters. It doesn't feel that exciting to see the same plot-points over and over (training, conversing, planning, etc), especially since it's within the same area.

I know you want to flesh out your characters, but I can't shake the feeling that I have seen all this before, like I am at times reading a filler. I guess that is also why I thought Kuroi's Memory of Water was so good as well. Not because of the action (even though that was phenomenal as well), but because it didn't dwell too much before getting the story out there. I suppose even Kuroi could have gone with 15 or more chapters there if he wanted, just fleshing out everything before the 1st chapter started, but I think he chose wisely by taking the route he took. The same could have been said about some of my plot-points from my TLSoSP, whereas I could have fleshed out with several chapters when Hagoromo was at the Sect with the old monk or when he was in the Sanada camp. In the end, stalling for time just to flesh out characters was not what the story needed, so it had to move forward and deal with that on the way. Then again, both Kuroi and I's latest stories deal with less characters, but I still think you would have benefited if all of this happened in half the chapters, and that is perhaps what those guys on ff.net means. One training scene would have cut it, one academy scene would have cut it (exaggerating my point obviously, but I guess you get what I mean)... It feels like this story's "story" hasn't begun yet, like we are waiting for the Zabuza arc to kick off yet. I suppose it wouldn't have been that noticeable if all these chapters were released within 14 days, but over several months, it's easier to think that we've (I've) forgotten what this story is all about, what it is supposed to bring to the table. I know I sound awfully negative now, but this feeling has been apparent lately.

One way to "cheat" on time that I have managed to use is where you have the "narrator" tell the events that happens instead of having dialogues (which takes up more time and room). My first two chapters of TLSoSP benefited from that concept whereas the 1st chapter barely had any dialogue at all. If I had written it like any other chapter since chapter 2, it would have taken a much longer time to detail.

This is just a tip though, not criticism. 12 chapters taking stage in Konoha is probably too much. The same happens in the movie world where movies have to cut over an hour of tape to adjust to the demand of the publishers and the audience. Avengers 2 and Mission Impossible 2 are examples of that. Would they have been better if they had been as long as intended? Maybe, but for viewing to the general public, it was better that way.

Lord of the Rings are also great examples of this, whereas the special extended versions only interests the hardcore fanbase, other people despises them because they are too long compared to the original cuts and ends up feeling boring.

Now I'm sidetracking so let's get back to the actual chapter itself...

Seems like you are tying in the downfall of the Land of Whirlpools into this story, then again, hasn't the Land of Whirlpools already been destroyed prior to this? O__o Or maybe there's something in the ruins of it. That has to be it, alternative storyline or not. Kushina wouldn't have moved to Konoha otherwise. Also, this female villain is the one you have teased I imagine, but would she be the final one? And will she team up with Madara (sort of like Obito and Kabuto) or will they face off?

To end off with what I said earlier, this sort of feels like the tv series The days of our lives instead of something like 24, Prison Break, Supernatural or the likes. I need more progression, much much more progression dammit xd

I'll rate this chapter...

Grammar 9/10 - That one mistake I saw prevents it from a 10.
Fluency 8/10 - We can always improve here comparing ourselves to the likes of Uzu and Germanicus, but I suppose the language barrier will always be there.
Story, This Chapter 8/10 - I think this chapter moved things forward, but it's still a bit slow to my liking, that's why the extra grade below.
Story Overall 6/10 - Like I mentioned, I think things have moved too slowly, making things seem reluctant/dragged out at times. There is a lot of potential however, I just don't think 100 chapters plus is ideal at this point. In that regard, an original story would have fitted better.

This chapter Overall - 8/10, but it still lacks the excitement even with it's new reveals. Things needs to happen soon.

Last edited:

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry it took me so long to read it but I've been busy with school. I liked the chapter and I also liked that we heard something about Madara, but after the momentum that you built in the previous chapter, this seemed like a little bit of a let down. I was expecting for the pace to be kept up in this chapter too. I liked that you showed Naruto having to take time to deal with Shisui's death and the feelings of sadness and helplessness that came with it. It was very realistic.