Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello there. I'm Priest

Please introduce yourself and choose the route you wish to be orientated in. RP or OOC?

RP: My bio interacts with your bio and the orientation is done through our interaction.

OOC: Normal Teacher and Student Interaction, I instruct and you reply. we don't need to be in character.

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi Hi I’m Verta/Tobi/Toby depending on how you know me, I’m a moderator for WLA’s discord ang umm yeah. I think just to get the vibe that OOC would be better for me if thats ok

Last edited:

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay.

I would implore you to ask Imperfect, Shinta if they could continue his with you. if nobody responds in two days, tell me and I'll continue.

Was asked to let other senseis have their share of the new students before taking another.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Hey there, I'm Ushiro, and i'll be taking you through your orientation. As you can probably tell, this Naruto RP can be alot to swallow all at once so i'm going to guide you "properly" through the in's and out's of the RP.

First thing's first, what interests you most about the RP? Do you have any goals you want to work toward? I'll get to the basics soon but for now i want to get an idea of what route to take.

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi Hi Ushiro, um well I’m a bit of a naruto nerd and when I found out that there was a solely naruto rp I was very interested. As for where I want to end up I would just like to be able to rp without hesitation and know what’s going on but if you mean like character wise ide just like to have all my favourite abilities and be able to just cruise around the naruto-verse.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Ok, from the top then. I’m going to start by giving you a rundown of everything you need to know to battle in the Battle Arena section. You could call it...Battling 101.

Battles in this RP play out like a turn-based game. Players take turns making a move until someone wins. Like any game there are rules and limits to what you can do and that all starts with the Bio you use.

At Genin rank you have access to B Rank Jutsu, 3 Basic Elements, and 2 Basic Ninja Skills. Now what do each of these mean? (More information on )

B Rank Jutsu
-Jutsu ranks from lowest to highest: E < D < C < B < A < S < F
-You have access to E, D, C, and B rank jutsu you’ve learned

3 Basic Elements
-Basic Elements: Fire (Katon), Water (Suiton), Earth (Doton), Lightning (Raiton), Wind (Fuuton)
-You can pick three elements to include in your bio and use jutsu from each element up to the rank your battle rank allows (B)

2 Basic Ninja Skills
-Basic Ninja Skills: Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, Kenjutsu
-You can pick two ninja skills to include in your bio and use jutsu from each element up to the rank your battle rank allows (B)

Usually you need to be trained in jutsu in order to use them but basic fields like the five elements and ninja skills are learned automatically so you can use jutsu in the fields you've chosen up to B rank without training in them. I’ll go over training later. Your current bio, Tojiro, can use , , and up to B rank. You can find them listed in the section. A Method System thread exists for each of the basic fields that provides explanations on how those jutsu work.

Do you have any questions about this before i continue?

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I have two, first can I add one more element and one more skill, secondly is there a thread for existing B-rank ninjutsu. Other than that I’m happy to continue.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Yes, you can add those to your bio and any other changes when you update it. Since you can’t just edit your bio after its been approved you have to replace it with an updated one. Here’s a quick way to update your bio:

-Go to the bio you want to update
-Click the “Reply With Quote” button at the bottom right of the post
-Highlight everything in the text box except the “Approved” part at the bottom
-Copy it
-Go to the section
-Click “+ Post New Thread” near the top left
-Paste your old bio into the text box
-Make any changes you want
-Click “Submit New Thread”

Before posting the updated bio don’t forget to:

-Add a title in the bar above the text box
-Remove the “Approved” part if you copied it
-Add a note at the bottom of the bio stating what bio you’re updating and include a link to it

So, after you post your update and it’s approved, your outdated bio will be sent by the checker to the Declined/Dropped Biographies section.

As for your other question, . If you ever need to find it or any other jutsu it has its own subsection in the Jutsu section along with all the other skills and elements. There you can find them categorized by rank.

I can go on about biographies and the sort of abilities you can have on them or move on to the Battle Rules. Your choice.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Sorry for the long wait. Here are some of the Basic Battle Rules

Jutsu Limit

You can use three (3) jutsu each turn, not including passively activated techniques ( Jutsu that do not count towards this limit and are noted in the jutsu ). Battles are turn based; you post your moves, then your opponent posts his moves in response. Depending on how your opponent responds, not all three of your jutsu will go through.

Blocking & Avoiding Jutsu

You cannot just say "I block the attack", you have to describe exactly how you block or dodge it as jutsu can be used in different ways. Neither can you just avoid by saying stuff in the nature of "I move to the left", you need to use a tech of your own to do that if needed and/or Taijutsu if applicable against related attacks.

Freeform (any non-jutsu action like running, using ninja tools, etc) can be blocked or dodged using freeform if feasible. Got a shuriken coming at you? It is perfectly acceptable to intercept it with your own shuriken or just dodge it.

Time Frame Rule

This rule tends to give people the most trouble. It is summed up like this: The first offensive action the opponent takes each turn must happen before you are able to act against it. This is important as it provides a basis for the chronology of the moves used, creating the time frame of the battle. When it concerns just Jutsu, it's easy to understand, however it becomes a bit more difficult when it comes to Freeform Actions like throwing kunais or smoke bombs. In this case, the grabbing and launching of the kunai is the first offensive action and must take place before the user can counter it.

Note that molding chakra triggers the beginning of the fight but DOES NOT mean that you can stop that from happening; It means that you can start "acting" from that point on. Acting, as in, molding your chakra, taking a stance, etc etc if you are able to detect the opponent molding chakra through sensory type jutsu such as Sharingan and Sensory techniques. This doesn't mean that you can finish a technique before your opponent finishes his, just that the time frame itself starts at this point.

Any questions so far? Later i'll give you the rest of the basic rules and a rundown on how to battle.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Great! Now we’ll be getting into the setup for a battle in the Battle Arena. Before a battle actually begins, all participants must agree on the rules.

Terrain: Where will the battle take place? May include features like weather and time of day. The terrain is not set in stone as it can be altered through the use of jutsu.

Range: The distance between you and your opponent. Short ( 0 to 5 meters ) , medium ( 5 to 15 meters ) or long range from each other ( 15+ meters )?

Element & Jutsu Usage: You can choose which and how many elements you want to use in a battle (from the ones you learned), but also whether custom jutsu's/elements are allowed or not.

Type of Battle: Choose the type of battle you want. No restrictions, taijutsu battle, ninjutsu only battle, team battle, etc.

Bio: Agree on which bio each participant uses.

Once the battle rules are in place and you’ve decided who starts, the fight can begin and play out according to the basic rules i explained earlier. I suggest reading the first few posts in some battle arena threads to get a good idea of how fights start. Here’s some more information you should know regarding battles.

Official Battles:

All battles held in the Battle Arena or Ninja World forums are, by default, official fights. That means these fights can be used for any and all official purposes such as Kumi Collection, Vessels, and more. I’ll cover these later. Only when it was agreed at the start that it was just an unofficial spar, it doesn't count as an official battle.

Disagreements:

If you have a problem your opponent's usage of a jutsu, first talk to them to resolve it. If you can't come to an agreement, you are able to reach out to an Official Sensei to rule on the issue. Should your opponent disagree over the ruling, they are allowed one opportunity to contact a second Sensei to make a ruling. If these rulings differ, an RP Moderator will make a final decision. These rulings can only be done three (3) times a battle.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Let’s say you want to make battle thread that’s open to anyone. The title isn’t particularly important but it could help differentiate whether the fight is closed (when you’ve already decided who you’re fighting) or open. The first post might look like this:

LoK’s R&R
No customs
A grassy field with a lake nearby
Mid range
Using ???? bio (include a link if its not in your signature)

No set format exists for stating the rules of the fight. After your opponent posts their bio the fight can start. Ninja A starts by making a move using up to 3 jutsu. Then Ninja B makes his own move in response to Ninja A’s, using up to 3 jutsu as well. Then Ninja A’s turn comes around again and he responds with another move, and so on until someone wins. Winning an official battle can earn you Kumi and also count toward battles needed to rank up. If you want to up the stakes in your fights you can wager kumi or even customs. Time limits can be added as well to limit the time between posts.

Now i’ll go over in simple terms how timeframe works in battle.

If your move is three jutsu in a row...

Jutsu 1
Jutsu 2
Jutsu 3

And your opponent responds with three jutsu of his own...

Jutsu A
Jutsu B
Jutsu C

If no one’s move was interrupted then the timeframe would look like this:

Jutsu 1
Jutsu A
Jutsu 2
Jutsu B
Jutsu 3
Jutsu C

This is because no matter how fast you might be, you can’t perform two jutsu in a row before your opponent can perform one. So the timeframe would never look like this:

Jutsu 1
Jutsu A
Jutsu B
Jutsu 2

That is, unless you allow your opponent’s techniques to go through without doing anything. Multiple actions can be done in the same timeframe like freeform, passive techniques, and jutsu used by allies (clones, summoning animals, etc). So you could potentially shoot a fireball, throw some kunai, activate a Sharingan, and have a clone of yours shoot a lightning bolt in the same timeframe:

Fireball, Kunai, Sharingan activation, Clone’s lightning
Jutsu A

Does this make sense so far? Next topic will be Elemental Strengths/Weaknesses and Damage.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Elemental Strengths/Weaknesses

The Five Basic Elements

You must be registered for see images

Basically, Fire is strong against Wind but weak to Water, and neutral to both Earth and Lightning. There are other advanced ninjutsu with their own elemental strengths and weaknesses listed here: In technical terms, when two elements clash, the jutsu with the elemental advantage is treated as being 20 damage points stronger than it actually is. Damage is explained in detail here: . For now, here's an excerpt:

In the case of a difference of 5-10 damage, the stronger Jutsu will suffer a drop by 30 damage.
In the case of a difference of 15-20 damage, the stronger Jutsu will suffer a drop by 20 damage.
In the case of a difference of 25-30 damage, the stronger Jutsu will suffer a drop by 10 damage.
In the case of a difference of 35 or higher damage, the stronger Jutsu will suffer a drop by 0 damage.

I've said before that jutsu ranks go from E to F. The normal damage values are as follows:
E: 10
D: 20
C: 30
B: 40
A: 60
S: 80
F: 90

So, if for example a Water and Fire jutsu clash and they are both A rank, the Water jutsu would overpower the Fire jutsu and continue in a weakened state with the same power as a B rank jutsu. This is because its damage was reduced from 60 to 40. If that weakened jutsu then clashed with a B rank Wind jutsu, both techniques would cancel out because Water is neutral to Wind and both jutsu are equal in strength.

Receiving Damage

In a Battle Arena fight, logic usually dictates whether or not you will die after being hit by a attack. In a normal battle, even low rank jutsu have to potential to kill if used right. Other battles may use the Health System to dictate this: Link

I won't go over the health system right now as it an optional rule in the BA and mandatory in the Ninja World which i'll cover later. I haven't mentioned it till now, but your bio has a set amount of health and chakra based on your rank. As a Genin, your stats are: Base health = 75 / Base chakra = 600. Naturally, receiving damage depletes your health and using jutsu (or being drained of chakra) depletes your chakra. Should either reach zero, you lose.This is why you should keep track of these values during a fight. You can post them with every move but its not required....at least, i don't think it is. >.>

Anyway, that's all for Battling 101! To make sure you've understood everything we're going to have a mock battle. Are you ready?

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Sorry for the wait.

Pretend i'm using an average Jounin ranked bio with no specialties. We're at a grassy field 10 meters (mid range) from each other with a river nearby. Reply however you want.

I wake up from my nap in a daze and sit up. Someone's standing in front of me but my eyes haven't adjusted to the sunlight enough to make out their features. Must be one of my students waiting for the mock battle to start. There's no time to think of something spectacular. Anything will do.

"Better get this started then."

I push myself off the grass and take out two kunai with exploding tags attached to them. I block out the light with one hand and release the kunai with the other, sending them sailing toward you. One of them is aimed at your feet and will explode when it reaches you. The other one is aimed 5 meters higher, set to explode above you in case you try jumping up to avoid it.

"Ninja tools are pretty useful you know. Blades and bombs on demand. No chakra required."

Reactions: Verta

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tojiro calmly addressing the situation pulls a kunai from his side leg pouch and tosses so that it will clash with the other oncoming kunai, then quickly moves a small distance to the left whilst simultaneously using Fūton Kihon Jutsu directed at his instructor.