Xicer

Elite
Kin
601💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I know what I've read, but I would like to get you to explain them a bit, so I know where your mind was when making them. Often times, I miss obvious uses for simple techniques because I hyperfocus on one portion. I feel like if we discussed them, that would clear all of that up.

Other than that, dealers choice lol

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I know what I've read, but I would like to get you to explain them a bit, so I know where your mind was when making them. Often times, I miss obvious uses for simple techniques because I hyperfocus on one portion. I feel like if we discussed them, that would clear all of that up.

Other than that, dealers choice lol
Alright. So I guess we'll start this off with the S/Ws which are weird because I wrote it in 2011
Is weak to: Lightning, Fire, Heating elements such as Temperature release that will boil off the water as well as cooling elements that could freeze the water
Is strong against: Wind, Water, Sound, any element that forces an outside pressure/stress/force onto the substance.
When I first wrote it, the idea was for it to be an extremely defensive, and deceptive element. Strong like earth, but with the fluidity of water. Making for a highly adaptive substance that could defend from most forward, direct offenses that relied heavily on force, or strength. For example, taijutsu, wind, water, sound, steel etc at the time I just wanted an element and I thought the idea was a cool and different one. Something I hadn't seen at the time. So I wrote it and tried to create it to be strong to elements that would try to overwhelm and overpower the seemingly liquid element subverting the usual strengths and weaknesses of a solid/liquid interaction. Granted I was like 16 when I wrote this shit back in 2011 when I first posted it as non-newtonian fluid release so obviously, it doesn't hold up very well anymore. Anyway, as mentioned oobleck is based upon non-newtonian fluids. These are liquids that while under stress act differently than a newtonian fluid like water. So in the case of oobleck, it's a dilatant and when a force is put upon it, for the time that the force is applied it acts like a solid. The stronger the force acting upon it, the harder the impact against it, the more reactive and defensive it becomes. Clearly, this would have to follow the strengths and weaknesses of the interactions as well as damage interactions.

Any questions so far?​

Xicer

Elite
Kin
601💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No questions, I get it actually. It models a carbon crystaline structure in that the pressure exhibited against it hardens the structure rather than stretch them. Happens through a use hydrogen bonds and carbon rings from what I was taught, but yeah, I understand it's entire solid yet fluid form lol.

Tbh this even works for the S/W, as adding energy loosens these bonds making them weaker normal

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Let's go through the currently shitty techniques first that still need updated.
(Ekitai: Ekitai Bunshin) Oobleck Release: Oobleck Clone
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user pulls on a source of oobleck or creates a new source from this he forms clones that can use oobleck jutsu up to S rank. They cannot use any other jutsu besides Taijutsu that doesn't require chakra manipulation. The clones are able to absorb most physical attacks such as Taijutsu and projectiles like kunai and shuriken due to being made of oobleck. When the clones are dispersed they release oobleck onto the opponent which can weigh him down this would also make fast movements harder as the oobleck restricts movement slightly.

-Note: The clones are able to absorb the physical damage from B rank and below taijutsu, wind and water being unaffected by it due to their body structure (within reason)
-Note: Can only form four clones at max

(Ekitai: Tenrai Souzoubutsu) Oobleck Release: Divine Creation
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short/Long
Chakra cost: 40 (-40 per turn to sustain)
Damage points: 80 (+15 for the constriction)
Description: The user performs two hand seals (Boar -> Serpent) while releasing a massive mixture of doton and suiton chakra into the atmosphere condensing a source of oobleck to form into large objects that can be used to attack or defend. The oobleck created is enough to create objects that are ten meters by five meters in length or height. If used to make more then one object their size diminishes over each use, so if two objects are made they can each be five meters squared if three are made they can be three meters squared however the rank of each object stays the same.
This can be used to create offensive weapons such as hammers, axes and various other constructs as well as more life-like constructs like golems and animals that can be moved throughout the field with relative ease. These objects all retain a shape and a form until they make contact with an opposing force in which time after causing damage to it they splatter into a mass of oobleck that covers whatever it hit in a thick mud-like mixture that binds them in place. At this point by performing the Seal of Confrontation the user can cause the oobleck to tightly adhere to whatever it hit constricting it with enough force to break bones and tree branches. It can be used defensively to create walls and platforms as well as hands that can catch or hold off certain jutsu. The constructs follow the strengths and weaknesses found in the element itself.
Notes:
-The constructs move about as fast as a Shinobi can run full sprint.
-Only three constructs can be made per use.
-Can only be used thrice per battle.
-Once released the oobleck can be used as a source for other oobleck techniques.
-Cannot use any other jutsu while the jutsu is active.
-The constructs can only be formed in a Short range but can be manipulated up to Long Range.
-They cost as much chakra per turn to sustain as they do to create them.
These two need to be updated, the first is just a basic oobleck clone technique which was written in like 2012.

The second is heavily restricted because it was nerfed a bit with weird restrictions and needs changed a bit. It's just a creation technique.

Last edited: