Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
SM Madara reacted FTG. All it takes is Sennin Mode.
No he reacted to Tobirama, not to FTG. If he reacted to FTG, Tobirama wouldn't have had the opportunity to strike and would've been dead the moment Tobirama got behind him.

It's a misconception that sage mode allows you to react to FTG. You're using sm Madara as your example, when in fact Madara was just on a different level compared to everyone else. It was a combination of both his Senju and Uchiha DNA, in addition to sage mode that allowed him to react. Blind Madara blitzed Sage Mode Naruto, and that Madara had no sage mode or even eyes. So if sage Naruto can get blitz by a mere Madara shunshin, then what would become of Naruto if it was an FTG blitz, which Madara barely evaded.

Madara himself with all his power and modifications is what allowed him to avoid FTG. No evidence that it applies to all sage users. From what I saw, sage Naruto isn't capable of reacting to FTG.

Uzumaki Bolt

Kin
6💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the logic here is that the movement is instantaneous, which is indeed the case. It is only possible to counter what follows that movement. If what follows it is also instantaneous, as happens in FTG 2nd Step, then that too becomes impossible.

maniaoqan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No he reacted to Tobirama, not to FTG. If he reacted to FTG, Tobirama wouldn't have had the opportunity to strike and would've been dead the moment Tobirama got behind him.

It's a misconception that sage mode allows you to react to FTG. You're using sm Madara as your example, when in fact Madara was just on a different level compared to everyone else. It was a combination of both his Senju and Uchiha DNA, in addition to sage mode that allowed him to react. Blind Madara blitzed Sage Mode Naruto, and that Madara had no sage mode or even eyes. So if sage Naruto can get blitz by a mere Madara shunshin, then what would become of Naruto if it was an FTG blitz, which Madara barely evaded.

Madara himself with all his power and modifications is what allowed him to avoid FTG. No evidence that it applies to all sage users. From what I saw, sage Naruto isn't capable of reacting to FTG.
Well while reacted to FTG thats what I meant y'know. SM grants ultimate sensory. It allows user to determine other peoples locations. The moment FTG performed SM user knows where the FTG user appeared. And superhuman reflexes which came with the package allows the user to react to them.

And you can't compare Madara's blitzing with FTG strikes. Madara uses footwork, moving high speed and landing his strikes with the momentum he gained after that high speed. While with FTG user appears the victims side but has no momentum. Thats why FTG users doesn't have such momentum behind their strikes to power them up unlike 'mere' Shunshin.

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well while reacted to FTG thats what I meant y'know. SM grants ultimate sensory. It allows user to determine other peoples locations. The moment FTG performed SM user knows where the FTG user appeared. And superhuman reflexes which came with the package allows the user to react to them.

And you can't compare Madara's blitzing with FTG strikes. Madara uses footwork, moving high speed and landing his strikes with the momentum he gained after that high speed. While with FTG user appears the victims side but has no momentum. Thats why FTG users doesn't have such momentum behind their strikes to power them up unlike 'mere' Shunshin.
Blind Madara is still leaps and bounds above any sage mode user. So I have no reason to believe that senjutsu grants you the ability to anticipate and react to a sage mode user. It still depends on that characters natural ability and prowess.

Just compare Naruto and Minatos reactions here to Kurama's claw slam:
Naruto -
Minato -

See e difference. Naruto in sage mode, found Kurama's attack way too fast, yet base Minato didn't. So it all depends on the characters overall ability. So saying sage mode allows you to "react" to FTG is false. Sage Naruto can't react to FTG, nor can sage Jiraya. Sage Madara is well above both of them combined, so that's a different story.

You don't get superhuman reflexes. That is also false. You get an increase in perception and you gain the ability to sense danger and incoming attacks faster. Which allows the user to react ahead of time, thanks to the enhanced sensory ability. So in base, you'd react slower because you can't sense an attack coming in base as well as you would in sage mode. However, if that sage mode user doesn't have the physical capability to avoid a certain technique, then it doesn't matter how good their sensing is. It's just like the sharingan, even though you can see an attack coming, if your body can't react, then it's uselss. No different from sage mode.

Sage Madara not only had the sensory ability and increased perceptions, he also had the body to react and move fast enough. So no, sage mode does not automatically give you the ability to "react" to FTG. If Minato and sage Jiraya fought, Jiraya would get raped, he isn't physically fast enough to keep up with Minato.

maniaoqan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Blind Madara is still leaps and bounds above any sage mode user. So I have no reason to believe that senjutsu grants you the ability to anticipate and react to a sage mode user. It still depends on that characters natural ability and prowess.

Just compare Naruto and Minatos reactions here to Kurama's claw slam:
Naruto -
Minato -

See e difference. Naruto in sage mode, found Kurama's attack way too fast, yet base Minato didn't. So it all depends on the characters overall ability. So saying sage mode allows you to "react" to FTG is false. Sage Naruto can't react to FTG, nor can sage Jiraya. Sage Madara is well above both of them combined, so that's a different story.

You don't get superhuman reflexes. That is also false. You get an increase in perception and you gain the ability to sense danger and incoming attacks faster. Which allows the user to react ahead of time, thanks to the enhanced sensory ability. So in base, you'd react slower because you can't sense an attack coming in base as well as you would in sage mode. However, if that sage mode user doesn't have the physical capability to avoid a certain technique, then it doesn't matter how good their sensing is. It's just like the sharingan, even though you can see an attack coming, if your body can't react, then it's uselss. No different from sage mode.

Sage Madara not only had the sensory ability and increased perceptions, he also had the body to react and move fast enough. So no, sage mode does not automatically give you the ability to "react" to FTG. If Minato and sage Jiraya fought, Jiraya would get raped, he isn't physically fast enough to keep up with Minato.
I don't know who rustled your jimmies this much but you're so mistaken.

Naruto was running from Kyuubi's claw attack while he was right beneath him and he was using his foot. Physical movement.
Minato used teleportation. You can't compare them as reflexes. FTG is not bodily reaction, it is ninjutsu.
While I said superhuman I wasn't being literal. Naruto against 3rd Raikage was proof enough of his reflexes. Madara sensed Tobirama attacking from behind after Tobirama appeared via FTG.

If FTG was superior to SM as you'd like to believe Tobirama would've been the one to known as God of Shinobi instead of Hashirama.

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know who rustled your jimmies this much but you're so mistaken.

Naruto was running from Kyuubi's claw attack while he was right beneath him and he was using his foot. Physical movement.
Minato used teleportation. You can't compare them as reflexes. FTG is not bodily reaction, it is ninjutsu.
While I said superhuman I wasn't being literal. Naruto against 3rd Raikage was proof enough of his reflexes. Madara sensed Tobirama attacking from behind after Tobirama appeared via FTG.

If FTG was superior to SM as you'd like to believe Tobirama would've been the one to known as God of Shinobi instead of Hashirama.
So Minato has FTG on that tree now? Who said I was russled? I thought we were having a nice civil debate. Why do people on this forum always try to make things hostile here?

Anyway as I was saying, Minato dodged Kurama's claw with his foot speed and used his body flicker to escape all the way to the top of that cliff.

Tobirama is faster than his brother. Hashirama is much more powerful than his brother. Lee was way faster than gaara, yet Gaara still win. So you trying to say Tobirama should've been named God of shinobi is a poor sense of reasoning, when Hashriamas strength was in a completely different league to Tobirama.

Dodai reacted to third Raikage as well. Third Raikage isn't as fast as Ay, so nothing impressive here.

Your literally saying that anyone with the same technique can use it the same way. By your logic, since every ninja can use The body flicker technique, that means everyone is as fast as Minato. That's basically what you're saying. Having sage mode doesn't give you the ability to automatically react to FTG, not sure where you're getting this from.

I've already made the comparison for you. Non sage madara who had no eyes, fodder blitzed Naruto so badly. Meanwhile with sage mode and eyes, Madara only evaded tobiramas FTG slash by a narrow margin. And Tobirama was the fastest ninja of his time. Do you really think Naruto has the same physical capability as Madara, when he couldn't even react to simple Shunshin. If Tobirama pulled that same feat behind Naruto, it would've slashed him. Because Naruto doesn't have the same ability and speed as Madara.

Omar19992010

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto reacted to Sasuke's S/T :l (and supposedly it is faster)

So wouldn't that mean most shinobi with some type of Rikudou chakra, would be able to react to such speeds? I dunno
Sasuke's S/T is the same speed as FTG. There both Instant it's just that Sasuke has way better striking speed and is faster himself than Minato and Tobirama.

maniaoqan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So Minato has FTG on that tree now? Who said I was russled? I thought we were having a nice civil debate. Why do people on this forum always try to make things hostile here?

Anyway as I was saying, Minato dodged Kurama's claw with his foot speed and used his body flicker to escape all the way to the top of that cliff.

Tobirama is faster than his brother. Hashirama is much more powerful than his brother. Lee was way faster than gaara, yet Gaara still win. So you trying to say Tobirama should've been named God of shinobi is a poor sense of reasoning, when Hashriamas strength was in a completely different league to Tobirama.

Dodai reacted to third Raikage as well. Third Raikage isn't as fast as Ay, so nothing impressive here.

Your literally saying that anyone with the same technique can use it the same way. By your logic, since every ninja can use The body flicker technique, that means everyone is as fast as Minato. That's basically what you're saying. Having sage mode doesn't give you the ability to automatically react to FTG, not sure where you're getting this from.

I've already made the comparison for you. Non sage madara who had no eyes, fodder blitzed Naruto so badly. Meanwhile with sage mode and eyes, Madara only evaded tobiramas FTG slash by a narrow margin. And Tobirama was the fastest ninja of his time. Do you really think Naruto has the same physical capability as Madara, when he couldn't even react to simple Shunshin. If Tobirama pulled that same feat behind Naruto, it would've slashed him. Because Naruto doesn't have the same ability and speed as Madara.
Minato used FTG to save Kushina from Kyuubi there. It wasn't a body flicker. I don't know what makes you think that. Obito said ''flash of hope''. Commented on Minato's FTG obviously.

We're comparing techniques here. SM and FTG. Yet you're comparing SM and Minato's FTG. Tobirama said Minato's FTG is faster. FTG is instant so what do you think he meant by faster ? By execution speed obviously. Minato was able perform the jutsu faster. Thats why he was able to use FTG v2. Minato wasn't known for his Body Flicker jutsu either. He was fast with Shunshin obviously considering he is kage level shinobi but his speed fame all came because of FTG. Anyway got off topic here a little..

As I explained above, Shunshin and FTG are different. By using Shunshin you gain momentum which you put behind your attack, even if you block it if it directly hits your getting blown away which was Naruto's case with Madara.
With FTG however you appear next to your victim and have no prior momentum. So unless you're as fast as SM user you can't hit him like that. Like Tobirama and Madara, Madara blocked Tobirama's attack and deflected his kunai. Tobirama forced to use FTG again which was futile as it has been shown later.

Strikes with FTG that can be evaded with superior reflex but something like Shunshin attack which starts from far away from your position cannot be evaded if you haven't seen the attack on the way. When you're near your victim its too late to evade unless you saw the attacker on the way because it has too much momentum behind it.
SM Naruto was able to evade 3rd Raikage's strike who is obviously faster than Blind Madara. Because he saw the attack and had a momentum of his own.

So in SM you can't sense the attack prematurely. You can only sense it when its close to you. Its SM's danger sensing as it has been stated in the manga.

Naruto's SM is enough for Tobirama. You're underestimating him because of your misconception regarding Shunshin.

And Dodai was exception considering he knew what to expect from 3rd Raikage and he is smart shinobi. By reacting I don't remember him dodging his attacks though he only blocked them from distance via ninjutsu, we are speaking of physical capabilities.

I never said Tobirama should be called God of Shinobi. I said if FTG is superior to SM as you put it Tobirama would've been known as God of Shinobi. Tobirama's speed and Lee's speed are different types. You can't compare them like that.

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the logic here is that the movement is instantaneous, which is indeed the case. It is only possible to counter what follows that movement. If what follows it is also instantaneous, as happens in FTG 2nd Step, then that too becomes impossible.
Actually as I mentioned in the op, it isn't movement at all, it's more like shifting. Movement requires time, the logic behind hi raisin is that bends that rule to make an object appear w.o using time.
Madara says hi

You must be registered for see images
Op says hi.
Read the thread, not just the title idiot.