2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Sake I Brew While Waiting for You"

One Piece Manga Chapter 999 Discussion and 1000 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 999 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1000

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: YowYan

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting chapter.
I don't recall if it was said earlier or not but this chapter confirms Oden was the 2nd Division commander in WB pirates.
Also it seems like Marco n Zoro will fight King n Queen in this arc {this will be interesting}

Don't understand the importance of D mentioned in this chapter but it was interesting to see Yamato's interaction wit Ace. I think she lost a big time opportunity to escape Onigishima/Kaido as Ace was a member of WB's ship n Oden travelled wit WB.
So she misses a golden opportunity.
I will rate the chapter as 4/5

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting chapter.
I don't recall if it was said earlier or not but this chapter confirms Oden was the 2nd Division commander in WB pirates.
Also it seems like Marco n Zoro will fight King n Queen in this arc {this will be interesting}

Don't understand the importance of D mentioned in this chapter but it was interesting to see Yamato's interaction wit Ace. I think she lost a big time opportunity to escape Onigishima/Kaido as Ace was a member of WB's ship n Oden travelled wit WB.
Pretty sure it was. I even think WB started to divide his crew into divisions during the time Oden was part of his crew.

Well, Oden learned about the Void Century and thus also about the meaning of the "D". To be honest it's a bit of a small plot hole that Yamato randomly was able to pick Oden's logbook from the ground and keep it from her father all these years. I mean this is the only known document that relates to the Pirate King's final voyage. It's value can hardly be underestimated and could even be compared to the Poneglyphs.

As Yamato read the document countless of times, it's possible she knows something about the "D" and its relevance/importance. Honestly said because she brought it up this chapter, there's a small chance Oda decides to reveal its meaning in chapter 1000. Now that would be a bombshell.

And as Ace said Yamato seemed to be both physically and mentally chained.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pretty sure it was. I even think WB started to divide his crew into divisions during the time Oden was part of his crew.

Well, Oden learned about the Void Century and thus also about the meaning of the "D". To be honest it's a bit of a small plot hole that Yamato randomly was able to pick Oden's logbook from the ground and keep it from her father all these years. I mean this is the only known document that relates to the Pirate King's final voyage. It's value can hardly be underestimated and could even be compared to the Poneglyphs.

As Yamato read the document countless of times, it's possible she knows something about the "D" and its relevance/importance. Honestly said because she brought it up this chapter, there's a small chance Oda decides to reveal its meaning in chapter 1000. Now that would be a bombshell.

Yea I think it's a plothole.
As a whole Yamato's character doesn't fit in this story n feel like last minute adjustment. I mean how can she not run wit Ace as:
1)That way she would have been part of WB ship
2)Ace was Rogers son so in a way she would have connected wit Roger
Fulfilling both the condition that Oden travelled wit both WB n Roger.

Another thing that was quite strange was BM giving a df to Kaido which is fish fish no mi !!!!
Howcome a fish df turn out to be a Dragon Zoan?

More importantly if she gave a df to Kaido thinking abt long time alliance with him(remember Rocks were bloodthirsty pirates who use to kill each other) then I got to say she was pretty smart. And her chef's gimmick (in WCI arc that he was the one who used BM or made her full fledged pirate) makes no sense.

Another point that I remember is BM knows abt Nico Robin as she can read poneglyph but doesn't mention abt Kozuki's (the one who created dem).
Shouldn't she say that save Momo n Nico robin?

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a whole Yamato's character doesn't fit in this story n feel like last minute adjustment. I mean how can she not run wit Ace as:

Another thing that was quite strange was BM giving a df to Kaido which is fish fish no mi !!!!

More importantly if she gave a df to Kaido thinking abt long time alliance with him(remember Rocks were bloodthirsty pirates who use to kill each other) then I got to say she was pretty smart. And her chef's gimmick (in WCI arc that he was the one who used BM or made her full fledged pirate) makes no sense.

Another point that I remember is BM knows abt Nico Robin as she can read poneglyph but doesn't mention abt Kozuki's (the one who created dem).
Yeah, I never felt that Yamato's character got introduced in an organic manner, but I still like her though. Her character concept diverts quite a bit from how female characters are generally portrayed by Oda.

And Reddit is being flooded with gags and jokes about Kaido's DF as it's almost certainly based on a Japanese or Chinese legend about a koi fish that swam up a waterfall and became a dragon. This also formed the basis for the Magikarp-Gyarados evolution, hence all the jokes. And I absolutely love it.

I mean most of his powerful subordinates have eaten a Dragon-type DF variation, while it seemed that Kaidou at the actual Dragon DF, but then it's revealed he's actually a fish xd

Now it has been discussed for years what actually the use would be of an aquatic-based DF as they become hammers in water. Now Oda has finally introduced one...and it's for one of the strongest characters in the series.

Additionally, mythical zoan-type DF are even rarer and more powerful than Logia's. It would have been ridiculously easy to always go for the most straightforward ones, but no Oda went for things like Human Human & Fish Fish DF. Probably two of the most useless ones in existence and I think it's absolutely brilliant.

I'm glad BM brought Nico Robin up as that too I considered to be a not so small plot hole. How is it that outside Crocodile no one else tried to recruit her to utilize her ability to read Poneglyphs? Because of her the Strawhats are even further ahead than BM and Kaidou. Both of them have one untranslated RP, while the Strawhats have translated two. You would think that from their perspective Robin would be far more important than killing Luffy.

I don't think Momo is important here in regards to the Poneglyph, at least not in their eyes. It was stated a long time ago that even the Kozuki clan had forgotten about them and that Oden was the last Kozuki who still possessed the knowledge of how to create them, but that it all died with him.

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Loved the chapter I hope Luffy invites Yamato along after this she steady talking about going to sea. I really want to see how the SH going to take down 2 Yonkos especially since Big Mom just powered up.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm glad BM brought Nico Robin up as that too I considered to be a not so small plot hole. How is it that outside Crocodile no one else tried to recruit her to utilize her ability to read Poneglyphs? Because of her the Strawhats are even further ahead than BM and Kaidou. Both of them have one untranslated RP, while the Strawhats have translated two. You would think that from their perspective Robin would be far more important than killing Luffy.

I don't think Momo is important here in regards to the Poneglyph, at least not in their eyes. It was stated a long time ago that even the Kozuki clan had forgotten about them and that Oden was the last Kozuki who still possessed the knowledge of how to create them, but that it all died with him.
Why I think BM bringing Robin is a plothole bcus
1)Robin wasn't in WCI arc n no way that she can tell whether Robin is in this Raid unless she saw her in the hall.
2)BM has a gud network of ppl n gets what she wants as we saw wit Sanji. After all these yrs she suddenly realise that they need Robin to decipher the Poneglyph! It just doesn't fit.
Rather she would have focused more on her daughter n bought her in Wano as she was betting on her third eye. If she failed then it would have sounded better that she is going for Robin.

I also brought Momo in this bcus we know Momo lived wit Oden for a fair bit of time. There was a gud chance that he might have taught him something abt Poneglyph. That's a different thing that Momo doesn't know anything but the ones who created these Poneglyph would definitely look gud in her library don't u think?

Loved the chapter I hope Luffy invites Yamato along after this she steady talking about going to sea. I really want to see how the SH going to take down 2 Yonkos especially since Big Mom just powered up.
Most prolly kid, Law n Luffy will fight BM n Kaido n later they might be joined by Drake, Killer n Zoro

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kaido has a koi fruit lol called it wheres @WhistleBlower

Post automatically merged:

Interesting chapter.

I think the point Yamato was making about the D name was that the captain oden sailed under, Roger, has D and so do Luffy and Ace signifying in her mind even more the idea that it's fate Luffy is here to beat kaido

Also Ace wasn't a WB pirate when he was in wano. There was no tat on his back and you could see the spade pirates and their cat in the one panel

Maybe kaido knows she has it and as you said its a vital bit of info into Roger's last trip. Maybe he's been planning on taking it when he makes his move?

There's a Chinese myth about koi climbing a waterfall.and becoming a dragon. Also conveniently how do you get to wano? Up a waterfall.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1)Robin wasn't in WCI arc n no way that she can tell whether Robin is in this Raid unless she saw her in the hall.
2)BM has a gud network of ppl n gets what she wants as we saw wit Sanji. After all these yrs she suddenly realise that they need Robin to decipher the Poneglyph! It just doesn't fit.
Rather she would have focused more on her daughter n bought her in Wano as she was betting on her third eye. If she failed then it would have sounded better that she is going for Robin.

I also brought Momo in this bcus we know Momo lived wit Oden for a fair bit of time. There was a gud chance that he might have taught him something abt Poneglyph. That's a different thing that Momo doesn't know anything but the ones who created these Poneglyph would definitely look gud in her library don't u think?

Most prolly kid, Law n Luffy will fight BM n Kaido n later they might be joined by Drake, Killer n Zoro
Robin has been spotted before during this arc. I remember wanted posters of her and a few others being distributed in Wano. So, BM could have learned about it during her stay on Onigashima. Though, in the end it doesn't really matter as it could be she just assumes she's there or that she wants to be sure nothing happens in the case she would be there, which wouldn't be a far-fetched assumption as it's common knowledge she's part of the Strawhats.

I don't really consider that to be a loophole as Robin learned at a very young age how to stay off the grid. Eventually she became part of Baroque Works, which was a secretive organization on itself. Even for BM it would be quite a hassle to find her. Her information gathering network is impressive, but you shouldn't overestimate it either as it's not like it's omnipotent.

Additionally, BM herself just indicated in this chapter that she was betting on Pudding, but that she can no longer wait for her to 'awaken'.

I doubt her library is what's currently on her mind and as far as most of them are concerned, Momo is pretty much useless. In their eyes the only value he has, is that if he dies, this rebellion will be broken. Oden was able to earn some respect for his skills and charisma, Momo not.

Kaido has a koi fruit lol called it wheres @WhistleBlower

I think the point Yamato was making about the D name was that the captain oden sailed under, Roger, has D and so do Luffy and Ace signifying in her mind even more the idea that it's fate Luffy is here to beat kaido

Also Ace wasn't a WB pirate when he was in wano. There was no tat on his back and you could see the spade pirates and their cat in the one panel

Maybe kaido knows she has it and as you said its a vital bit of info into Roger's last trip. Maybe he's been planning on taking it when he makes his move?

There's a Chinese myth about koi climbing a waterfall.and becoming a dragon. Also conveniently how do you get to wano? Up a waterfall.
Yamato has been chained pretty much her entire life and has been in the possession of the journal for two decades. There's not really a reason for Kaidou to do something so roundabout as taking it when the time is right. There was never any merit in letting Yamato have it in the first place, let alone for so long. Also, at a certain point during this arc he gave the command to take Momo prisoner alive to see if he knows something, indicating that Kaidou realized he might have been too quick in getting rid of the Kozouki clan.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the point Yamato was making about the D name was that the captain oden sailed under, Roger, has D and so do Luffy and Ace signifying in her mind even more the idea that it's fate Luffy is here to beat
Thing is Govt called him Gold Roger(if I recall properly). So it doesn't make sense for her to know abt D as she never saw him face to face.

Point is not that.
My point is Ace the descendant of Roger was right Infront of her. Since she believe so much that she's Oden then she should have taken the opportunity n ran away wit Ace as that way she would have connected with Roger in one way.

But it was Carp which carried ppl to Wano not koi
You must be registered to see images

But I got the point. Still kinda crazy that a fish df turn into dragon df lol.

Robin has been spotted before during this arc. I remember wanted posters of her and a few others being distributed in Wano. So, BM could have learned about it during her stay on Onigashima. Though, in the end it doesn't really matter as it could be she just assumes she's there or that she wants to be sure nothing happens in the case she would be there, which wouldn't be a far-fetched assumption as it's common knowledge she's part of the Strawhats.

I don't really consider that to be a loophole as Robin learned at a very young age how to stay off the grid. Eventually she became part of Baroque Works, which was a secretive organization on itself. Even for BM it would be quite a hassle to find her. Her information gathering network is impressive, but you shouldn't overestimate it either as it's not like it's omnipotent.

Additionally, BM herself just indicated in this chapter that she was betting on Pudding, but that she can no longer wait for her to 'awaken'.

I doubt her library is what's currently on her mind and as far as most of them are concerned, Momo is pretty much useless. In their eyes the only value he has, is that if he dies, this rebellion will be broken. Oden was able to earn some respect for his skills and charisma, Momo not.
The posters were made by Shogun's henchmen n distributed in Wano after BM was taken to Onigashima.
I doubt Shogun will discuss abt this wit BM(or any of the underling of Kaido/Shogun will discuss it wit BM as she's still an enemy).

Rather he would discuss it wit Kaido who doesn't give a shiit abt SHs Crew as he only care abt strong pirates like Kidd, Drake, Apoo(we don't see there crew).

And we know SHs messed wit BM from FI arc. If she needed Robin I m pretty sure she would have asked for Robin when she captured Luffy n Nami in her library.

So all of a sudden she asking for Robin doesn't fit. Rather if there was a segment where she forces Pudding in this arc n Pudding gave up then I can understand her desperation.
I mean she waited for how long 1decade 2decade prolly more. Why not lil more. She just enter into an alliance wit Kaido who still doesn't trust her completely. Telling him that look Robin can decipher your Poneglyph could actually hurt her more than Kaido (as she already have Pudding who once awaken can read it).

Now we know that Momo doesn't know how to read poneglyph but he has already exhibit extra ordinary abilities like talking wit Zunisha, transforming into Dragon n den there's obviously leadership qualities as he's a kozuki.
He's last of a kind whose ancestors created Poneglyph. She kept all types of creatures in her library. She doesn't care abt Wano or the rebellion as Wano will be going to vanish soon (Kaido gonna drop Onigashima over Wano).
So if there's nothing left of Wano then rebellion itself will die (prolly the biggest reason Kaido wanna drop the island on Wano).
So why not save the last specimen in her library?
Afterall she wants every strange/weird creature in her island.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thing is Govt called him Gold Roger(if I recall properly). So it doesn't make sense for her to know abt D as she never saw him face to face.
She had Odens' book though and Oden knew his name was Gol D Roger.

Point is not that.
My point is Ace the descendant of Roger was right Infront of her. Since she believe so much that she's Oden then she should have taken the opportunity n ran away wit Ace as that way she would have connected with Roger in one way.
You mentioned WB that's why n i mentioned it.

But it was Carp which carried ppl to Wano not koi

But I got the point. Still kinda crazy that a fish df turn into dragon df lol.
Koi are carp.

The posters were made by Shogun's henchmen n distributed in Wano after BM was taken to Onigashima.
I doubt Shogun will discuss abt this wit BM(or any of the underling of Kaido/Shogun will discuss it wit BM as she's still an enemy).

Rather he would discuss it wit Kaido who doesn't give a shiit abt SHs Crew as he only care abt strong pirates like Kidd, Drake, Apoo(we don't see there crew).

And we know SHs messed wit BM from FI arc. If she needed Robin I m pretty sure she would have asked for Robin when she captured Luffy n Nami in her library.

So all of a sudden she asking for Robin doesn't fit. Rather if there was a segment where she forces Pudding in this arc n Pudding gave up then I can understand her desperation.
I mean she waited for how long 1decade 2decade prolly more. Why not lil more. She just enter into an alliance wit Kaido who still doesn't trust her completely. Telling him that look Robin can decipher your Poneglyph could actually hurt her more than Kaido (as she already have Pudding who once awaken can read it).

Now we know that Momo doesn't know how to read poneglyph but he has already exhibit extra ordinary abilities like talking wit Zunisha, transforming into Dragon n den there's obviously leadership qualities as he's a kozuki.
He's last of a kind whose ancestors created Poneglyph. She kept all types of creatures in her library. She doesn't care abt Wano or the rebellion as Wano will be going to vanish soon (Kaido gonna drop Onigashima over Wano).
So if there's nothing left of Wano then rebellion itself will die (prolly the biggest reason Kaido wanna drop the island on Wano).
So why not save the last specimen in her library?
Afterall she wants every strange/weird creature in her island.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She had Odens' book though and Oden knew his name was Gol D Roger.
Can u prove Oden wrote abt Gol D Roger in his book?
Pretty sure the book only got the details of Oden's adventure(more like ship details that what is written in log book). If he wrote something other than his adventure then I guess that book should also give the details abt what One piece is?
If u think deeply that book could actually means where Roger pirates sailed, stopped to reach Raftel.
Heck Kaido would have got One Piece by now if he simply replicate what was written in that book.
This is why I agreed with Caliburn that it's a small plothole that Yamato randomly found it n kept it this long.

You mentioned WB that's why n i mentioned it.
u still not getting the point. Ace was the one who was connected wit both Roger n WB in the series.
When Oden left Wano he didn't dreamt that he will sail with Roger but later on got the opportunity.
Similarly if she left wit Ace she might encounter WB at some point as in NW u got to face Yonkos.

It was a golden opportunity for her to run wit someone like Ace n live her dream but she waited for someone who was neither connected wit Roger nor wit WB.

Heck she got Oden's log book n Roger's descendant. They could have reached Raftel (even before Luffy started his journey lol).

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can u prove Oden wrote abt Gol D Roger in his book?
Pretty sure the book only got the details of Oden's adventure(more like ship details that what is written in log book). If he wrote something other than his adventure then I guess that book should also give the details abt what One piece is?
If u think deeply that book could actually means where Roger pirates sailed, stopped to reach Raftel.
Heck Kaido would have got One Piece by now if he simply replicate what was written in that book.
This is why I agreed with Caliburn that it's a small plothole that Yamato randomly found it n kept it this long.

u still not getting the point. Ace was the one who was connected wit both Roger n WB in the series.
When Oden left Wano he didn't dreamt that he will sail with Roger but later on got the opportunity.
Similarly if she left wit Ace she might encounter WB at some point as in NW u got to face Yonkos.

It was a golden opportunity for her to run wit someone like Ace n live her dream but she waited for someone who was neither connected wit Roger nor wit WB.

Heck she got Oden's log book n Roger's descendant. They could have reached Raftel (even before Luffy started his journey lol).
The journal was about his travels at sea why wouldn't he include bits about Roger?

You're assuming the book was a detailed map rather than a recording of what happened. Odens book.probably doesn't detail the course they took but the experiences he had on that course, some of those things being rogwrs real name and what he learned at laugh tale with Roger.

Reactions: Skull Knight

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The journal was about his travels at sea why wouldn't he include bits about Roger?

You're assuming the book was a detailed map rather than a recording of what happened. Odens book.probably doesn't detail the course they took but the experiences he had on that course, some of those things being rogwrs real name and what he learned at laugh tale with Roger.
Ok I checked he did wrote Roger's name as Gol D. Roger.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️

You have to remember that Big Mom was waiting for Pudding. It wasn’t until this chapter that she decided she wouldn’t wait anymore.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also I was just thinking, Roger hadn't had ace yet at least not that it was ever shown Oden would have known about and unless ace revealed his whole name Yamato would have only known him as Ace and not known he was a D or related to Roger.
Prolly when they were partying he told him abt his lineage n why he hate Roger.

You have to remember that Big Mom was waiting for Pudding. It wasn’t until this chapter that she decided she wouldn’t wait anymore.
See what I m saying is that Onigashima n WCI is like 15days apart right.
We saw in WCI she was betting on Pudding. In just 15days her thought process changed n now wants Robin (even tho she hasn't seen her or don't know what she's capable of).

If it's purely based on rumours then she would have shown interest in Robin when she had Luffy n Nami imprisoned in her library but she doesn't.

Also to notice that she specifically says save Robin. No mention of Momo.
It was specifically said in Oden's flashback that the first born Kozuki gets the knowledge to read the Poneglyph

It's a different thing why Momo doesn't know abt these codes or why Oden didn't taught him. But now since we r seeing desperation in BM then she should have said that I need Momo also as his ancestors made those stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.