2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Engagement"

One Piece Manga Chapter 981 Discussion and 982 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 981 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 982

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: Hammock

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great chapter !

The Zoro, Killer, Kidd, Luffy dynamic is too much. Three loose cannons and one level headed guy. I loved the part where he told them to cover their ears, and then missed the next part because they were still holding their ears.

Comedy gold that the Big Mom pirates got shafted in the exact same fashion.

Who is the character in the final panel saying: 'look up, it's Marco', Did Marco bring Izo and possibly more Whitebeard remnants ?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Marco and King indeed have a similar character profile:

- Highest ranked fighter in their (former) crews
- Mythical flying Zoan DF
- Passive fire attribute (though King's still a bit unclear)

The BM Pirates really have become the series' punching bag xd

I'm really surprised though about the Numbers. I mean Oda was so secretive about them, giving the impression they are actual monsters/oni's or whatever. And now that we finally see one...it's an oversized guy in a jersey :p

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Marco and King indeed have a similar character profile:

- Highest ranked fighter in their (former) crews
- Mythical flying Zoan DF
- Passive fire attribute (though King's still a bit unclear)

The BM Pirates really have become the series' punching bag xd

I'm really surprised to about the Numbers. I mean Oda was so secretive about them, giving the impression they are actual monsters/oni's or whatever. And now that we finally see one...it's an oversized guy in a jersey :p
I think at this point Oda's teasing style is just to be expected. For me, it's honestly getting tiring and I give it little attention. Constant silhouettes of characters, constant teases, excessive bringing something up, only to off-panel it.

Just look at the bottom left panel of this page

Look at how Morley was teased and who he ended up being.

I understand that teasing the viewers serves for the buildup, which then makes the reveal greater, but at this point, the reveals are too far and between and sometimes quite unsatisfying for me.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just like that, Apoo's back to being donkey tier. Dude's DF is countered by anyone with two hands. Surely he has an answer to people blocking their ears??
Yeah that stops his DF but how do you block his fists,gun or sword while your hands are over your ears? Honestly after some thought Apoo might be a top 5 within the Worst Gen.

mangawise

Kin
12💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah that stops his DF but how do you block his fists,gun or sword while your hands are over your ears? Honestly after some thought Apoo might be a top 5 within the Worst Gen.
Are u forgetting ear buds or headphones?
Post automatically merged:

If you eliminate his DF with headfones you have ur hands all to yourselve
Post automatically merged:

What's the possibility of Marco joining the strawhats since he probably have to where to go and still have some fights left in him?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah I get it ! you're doing the convenient thing, because you're captain Hindsight. They can't fool you in a battle, if you we're in One Piece you would be wearing earphones all the time, carrying a bucket of water in case you encounter Crocodile and rubber gloves for Enel, a wooden sword for Kidd etc.

They portrayed it realistically here. Killer knows the guy, he immediately counters the guy (while Kidd is being Luffy). That's the element of surprise with devil fruits. Even Kizaru got sliced up by him.

There have been quite a few threads over the years about who would win in a Zoro vs Law match. And a lot of people are arguing that it would be an epic high diff fight. But I always said: "No, It wouldn't". If Law and Zoro would fight on Punk Hazard as enemies, that fight would be over in 2 seconds. Room -> Cut, just like Tashigi.

Zoro and Luffy always try to overcome enemies on strength and willpower. They get hit a lot, they learn the trick, then beat the trick. But some devil fruits don't allow for that luxury. If Law hits you once, you're done. Same With Foxy if he's more capable. And now we've got Apoo too.

And before I get the panting Zoro fanclub in my DM's again. I do believe Zoro could beat law, but only if he understands his devil fruit and if his COA is better than Vergo, which he hasn't shown yet.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How many people can realistically fight with their hands on their ears the entire time, especially during a group battle?
Sanji, Zoro just needs his mouth, Luffy kicks, Robin has additional hands, Law just needs his fingers... So many characters can take a dookie on this man with their hands tied behind their back. Unless Apoo is a monster with his hands, even Ussopp would kick this man in his shi.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Sanji, Zoro just needs his mouth, Luffy kicks, Robin has additional hands, Law just needs his fingers... So many characters can take a dookie on this man with their hands tied behind their back. Unless Apoo is a monster with his hands, even Ussopp would kick this man in his shi.
The fact that you said Usopp, a man that has to hold his weapon with one hand and fire it with the other, shows me you replied with the intention to just cap.

Sanji is the only good example here. Law needs at least one hand for all of his powers. Zoro using just his mouth, which would get fucked up since he has his hands up over the blade to cover his ears, aint doing nothing. Luffy might able to stand a Chance using his just legs. Robin and Sanji the only actual good examples.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The fact that you said Usopp, a man that has to hold his weapon with one hand and fire it with the other, shows me you replied with the intention to just cap.

Sanji is the only good example here. Law needs at least one hand for all of his powers. Zoro using just his mouth, which would get fucked up since he has his hands up over the blade to cover his ears, aint doing nothing. Luffy might able to stand a Chance using his just legs. Robin and Sanji the only actual good examples.
Wtf, I just told you Ussopp would kick him. Law just needs his fingers to use his gestures. His palms will cover his ears and all fingers will be free. Zoro would just put his hands behind the blade :nero: If you covered your ears, your hands wouldn't even be in position to get cut. There's not a "might" for Luffy. It's a guaranteed win. How strong could Apoo possibly be in close combat? Once you get close to him, you can probably stop covering your ears too. Every time you punch him, he'd probably stop making any other sounds than those of pain.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OT: Would the barrier barrier no mi be able to block Apoo's devil fruit attacks I wonder?

Great chapter !

The Zoro, Killer, Kidd, Luffy dynamic is too much. Three loose cannons and one level headed guy. I loved the part where he told them to cover their ears, and then missed the next part because they were still holding their ears.

Comedy gold that the Big Mom pirates got shafted in the exact same fashion.

Who is the character in the final panel saying: 'look up, it's Marco', Did Marco bring Izo and possibly more Whitebeard remnants ?
Pretty sure that's nekomamushi!! look closely and compare it to a picture of him on google.

Last edited:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OT: Would the barrier barrier no mi be able to block Apoo's devil fruit attacks I wonder?

Pretty sure that's nekomamushi!! look closely and compare it to a picture of him on google.
No there is a person with lipstick in the final panel.

They way they were talking about Marco seems like they know him pretty well an have seen him fight during the war. The only person that comes to my mind is Izo because he also has a connection to Wano and he is Kiku's brother.

So if he is there, maybe Marco and Neko brought more WB remnants. That would be hype if Vista and Jozu are thrown into the mix too.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think at this point Oda's teasing style is just to be expected. For me, it's honestly getting tiring and I give it little attention. Constant silhouettes of characters, constant teases, excessive bringing something up, only to off-panel it.

Just look at the bottom left panel of this page

Look at how Morley was teased and who he ended up being.

I understand that teasing the viewers serves for the buildup, which then makes the reveal greater, but at this point, the reveals are too far and between and sometimes quite unsatisfying for me.
You think that's something, have you forgot the original Kaido tease?

Reactions: Donald J Trump
Status
Not open for further replies.