2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Family Trouble"

One Piece Manga Chapter 979 Discussion and 980 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 979 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 980

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: Hammock

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is luffy going to blow his cover in record time ?

The Robin Jimbei connection is nice. I hope they will come in with the big brain plays to save the day

Reactions: Hammock

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is that Pound in the cake ship on the cover page?

Commander Chopper Hell Yeah!

At first I thought Luffy might hold it in for awhile but then they threw out the food. He's definitely getting spotted.

I know Luffy's bad with names but they're usually somewhat recognizable but how did he get Jaggy lol?

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thoughts on this chapter

- Finding Kaido jr gives them the right to challenge calamities?
Why do I have a feeling Kaido's son is a ridiculously overpowered brat, like Big Mom was. World's strongest child. You need yonko commander level characters to babysit him ofttt.

- So basically its like the beast pirates have 9 commanders at the core with the top 3 being called calamities

- Lol I loved the crew's reactions for Luffy and Zoro doing their own thing. Even after 978 chapters, it's still hilarious. I can't wait to see this animated.
- King out of the top 9 looks to have some serious authority, for him to decide when and how rankings can change places, i guess since Kaido doesn't look like the hands-on type of leader King is the one running the beast pirates, i was a bit worried King was going to be another generic type that is just strong and doesn't care about anything and ends up fighting losing without really having and substance behind their character. Hopefully Zoro vs King fight will develop Zoro as a character not just strength-wise but also as a leader.
- So Sasaki and Who's Who became what Kaido tried to do to Luffy and Kid, really looking forward to this chapter. Hmm
- Also everything big mom does just goes on longer than expected (chasing straw hats, going to udon prison, changing kimono). I'm trying my best to not make a big mom joke....
- Luffy stopping Kidd because kidd doesn't know the plan LOL, how ironic! XD

Last edited:

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Definitely a 5. Just because of this: (And some other stuff but Robin is looking hella thicc)
You must be registered to see images
How about u get a girl in real life u lcreep. It's a damn drawing lmao. Lame ass
Post automatically merged:

Thoughts on this chapter

- Finding Kaido jr gives them the right to challenge calamities?
Why do I have a feeling Kaido's son is a ridiculously overpowered brat, like Big Mom was. World's strongest child. You need yonko commander level characters to babysit him ofttt.

- So basically its like the beast pirates have 9 commanders at the core with the top 3 being called calamities

- Lol I loved the crew's reactions for Luffy and Zoro doing their own thing. Even after 978 chapters, it's still hilarious. I can't wait to see this animated.
- King out of the top 9 looks to have some serious authority, for him to decide when and how rankings can change places, i guess since Kaido doesn't look like the hands-on type of leader King is the one running the beast pirates, i was a bit worried King was going to be another generic type that is just strong and doesn't care about anything and ends up fighting losing without really having and substance behind their character. Hopefully Zoro vs King fight will develop Zoro as a character not just strength-wise but also as a leader.
- So Sasaki and Who's Who became what Kaido tried to do to Luffy and Kid, really looking forward to this chapter. Hmm
- Also everything big mom does just goes on longer than expected (chasing straw hats, going to udon prison, changing kimono). I'm trying my best to not make a big mom joke....
- Luffy stopping Kidd because kidd doesn't know the plan LOL, how ironic! XD
I think weevil will be > kaidos son

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Looks like Kaidou's solidifying his alliance with Big Mom by marrying his son to Big Moms daughter. He was probably informed of this and didn't want it so is hiding hence why King has called for the FLYING SIX to go hunt and bring him to onigashima.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't Tigerbelly guy run a district and don't all the people know about Kaido already though? Since they saw him there at Oden's execution and all.
yea. i definitely remember kaido making mention of trying to keep a low profile on the fact that they're pirates though. I remember Hawkins was on the panel and he was telling them to catch luffy maybe? so around chapter 940 something.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yea. i definitely remember kaido making mention of trying to keep a low profile on the fact that they're pirates though. I remember Hawkins was on the panel and he was telling them to catch luffy maybe? so around chapter 940 something.
I'll have to go look but you sure Kaido wasn't telling Hawkins to not let the people know another pirate crew has come to Wano and to catch Luffy before they find out?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looks like Kaidou's solidifying his alliance with Big Mom by marrying his son to Big Moms daughter. He was probably informed of this and didn't want it so is hiding hence why King has called for the FLYING SIX to go hunt and bring him to onigashima.
He's most likely already on Onigashima. Kaidou said he disappeared earlier that day and considering he needs him only a few hours later, it's kind of impossible for him to have gone very far. At best he could have reached Wano, but I think from a narrative perspective it's kind of pointless to have such characters leave the island while they were just assembled.

The fact that bringing Yamato back is seen as such an ordeal that either he's extremely powerful and/or extremely evasive. I wouldn't be surprised that the silhouette that was spying on the Strawhats was him.

Status
Not open for further replies.