2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Kouzuki Lineage"

One Piece Manga Chapter 973 Discussion and 974 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 973 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 974

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think this chapter thread should open on the official date of release of the chapters. With the old providers gone, the translations now before the official translation are pure shit and not concise at all. In fact they just confuse the reader more.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This should be the last chapter of the flash-back; it was meant to wrap up some looses ends:

- What happened to Denjiro

- How they got separated

- Why Neko and Inu had a falling out

- Who witching Hour Boy is

Though, it remains unclear how exactly Oden knew that over 20 years something would happen? Even Toki wasn't aware of this, while in the end she did seem to be connected to the Void Century. I found it peculiar that Oda introduced someone from right after this time period, but doesn't establish a connection.

And what are those Numbers? I really wanna know -.-

Lastly with Denjiro beijng Kyoshiro, the analysis I made right before the flash-back became even more realistic:

Oi! Hide yo' kids! And yo' wives! Close your shops! Hell, Hide yo' livestock! This made me giggle, what's he gonna do with the pigs? xd

Anyway, considering the emphasis Oda has placed this chapter on how Orochi has cut off all the vital access routes, he seems to be implying this is what it eventually will turn into:

You must be registered for see images

It could also go into the other direction or harbor, however I'm more inclined to believe they're still going via Tokage. Either way the essence is that they will have to go through the capital, which makes sense. There have been a few plot points that were contrasting quite a bit with their original plan, but would perfectly fit this scenario.

For starters all the big-shots have gathered on Onigashima and the intention of the insurgents was to take them down there. So, what about the Flower Capital then? Even from a pure symbolic point of view it feels weird to have it completely absent from all the action. What's the point of introducing such a magnificent location while barely using it? On top of that they are having a festival, which is king of pointless to bring up if everything happens off-screen. It does provide nice setting for some...'unplanned festivities'.

Secondly, those samurai are still locked up. What was the point of introducing them all, even pointing out how strong they are, if the only thing they will do is sitting in a jail throughout the course of the arc? If the army has to cross the Flower Capital, it provides the perfect opportunity to free them and even bolster their strength.

Thirdly, Denjiro is still unaccounted for. Now he could be be involved at any point during the events that will unfold, but time-wise this would be an ideal opportunity.

Fourthly, Kyoshiro is in the capital. He is by far one of the most enigmatic characters that got introduced in Wano and he's probably the main obstacle that has to be overcome if they indeed would go through the capital. His character wouldn't really benefit the story if they keep him so far away from the action. You can also include Law here as the last time he was seen, was in the capital. Again a perfect opportunity to drag him back to the front lines.

Lastly, the biggest issue of this plan would be the time to cross the entire country. The story has been hopping back and forth between the present the previous two days. So it's possible that they're already on the move while Kinemon and the others arrived at the harbor. It's kind of hard to get the timeframe right, but I somewhat have the feeling that Oda first wants to make them feel despair and follow it directly up with a first climax.

And another thing. There's obvious someone leaking intel to Orochi, but I'm wondering if Oda intentionally dropped a hint when Orochi said '4000'? I found it weird when their numbers were increased with 200 men. 4000 or 4200 makes little difference and it's such an odd number, but yet it was emphasized their army is 4200 men strong. Orochi on the other hand said 4000, which could been interpreted as that the traitor didn't know they found an additional 200 men. This is kind of far-fetched though.

Finally, it's peculiar that we can't see anyone during the bombing of the harbor. Those ships are vital to their plan, yet no guards, no shipwrights? My guess is that they simply repaired too many ships as a result of Franky's enthusiasm. His goal was too make enough ships to carry an army that was far larger than the one they had and as their numbers are limited, it would simply not be possible to bring all of them along.
As Kyoshiro is in charge of the capital, there's effectively no one anymore that could stand in they way of the Strawhats' march south (unless Law does something unexpected). For a moment there I even thought he might have been the spy and used Hiyori to pass on selective information to Orochi as a means to one-up him in the end. However, that would mean that the present day spy is a different one from the spy 20 years ago.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This should be the last chapter of the flash-back; it was meant to wrap up some looses ends:

- What happened to Denjiro

- How they got separated

- Why Neko and Inu had a falling out

- Who witching Hour Boy is

Though, it remains unclear how exactly Oden knew that over 20 years something would happen? Even Toki wasn't aware of this, while in the end she did seem to be connected to the Void Century. I found it peculiar that Oda introduced someone from right after this time period, but doesn't establish a connection.

And what are those Numbers? I really wanna know -.-

Lastly with Denjiro beijng Kyoshiro, the analysis I made right before the flash-back became even more realistic:

As Kyoshiro is in charge of the capital, there's effectively no one anymore that could stand in they way of the Strawhats' march south (unless Law does something unexpected). For a moment there I even thought he might have been the spay and used Hiyori to pass on selective information to Orochi as a means to one-up him in the end. However, that would mean that the present day spy is a different one from the spy 20 years ago.
I think Kyoshiro wanting to not be revealed until the final battle begins, and his identity being revealed NOW in the story suggests to me that he has something to do with the disappearance of all the allies and has an idea of who the spy really is as he is highly trusted and perhaps orochi blabbed to him 'traitors' name.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wew damn this was lit.... Denjiro being in plain sight all along waiting for 20 years to give his own back for Oden.

Man played that part well.

This entire flashback arc been fantastic, some of Oda's best writing in my opinion as it's all tired together so well.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The chapter was a lit. It's cleared now. Orochi doesn't have a strong samurai in his arsenal but only beast pirates as this was the case 20 years ago. Not counting oniwabanshu here. In nine scabbards, 5 got really strong. They're in commander level's range. IMO they'd be the ones to take on Calamities and the like.

But the thing is, "9" shadows is mentioned more than one time. Doesn't matter how much I think, it's SHs.

Reactions: Erikhog
Status
Not open for further replies.