2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"I Am Oden! I Was Born to Boil!"

One Piece Manga Chapter 972 Discussion and 973 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 972 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 973

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: Erikhog

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man didn't think I'd see the day OP dropped and no one discussed it. :shy:

It was a pretty good chapter but I'll definitely need to re-read once the cleaned up translations come out. I'm still curious why Oden didn't use haki at all during this, didn't they say he had black blades? Would that have helped against the boiling idk but it definitely would have helped against that bullet.

And who the hell is the traitor??? I liked the Shinobu theory when I heard it but hard to say it's definitely her after these last few chapters. I didn't like the Kanjuro theory when I heard it but I was rewatching Zou and started to wonder why didn't he draw something that could fly to the top of Zunisha? Seemed like he was trying to delay them. Whoever is the traitor either had a vivre card for Raizo or a mink and I don't recall Kinemon, Momo and Kanjuro having a vivre card for Raizo but maybe I missed it. Last suspect I saw people mention is Law. This seems the most impossible but what the hell were he and Hawkins talking about in the prison(I think it was a prison)

Last edited:

Erikhog

Kin
232💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Allright this was quite a hyped chapter. Oden did a good speech about Onepiece (whitebeard marineford feeling)
So this is where the 20 year prophecy comes from(LUFFY!!!)! Really inspired to go back to alot onepiece theorys in my head(sometimes really frustrating).
Wano was closed because of the great danger long time ago.

Excited to see next chapter when they go back too real time and see where they are. last time everyone was gone and stuff crazyy.
I have a feeling we will gonna go in a big chaos right away.

I loved this flashback of Oden alot and it made him one of the most epic characters in one piece.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bullets are so freaking strong in one piece. Bullets have killed so many people.

Who all that's actually been hit has survived a gun shot in one piece? (For example regular bullets passing through logia doesn't count) Whitebeard? I think that's about it

Guns and bullets in one piece are honestly some of the most strongest weapons in all of one piece. They're super op

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, it seems this flash-back is finally over.

How did Oden actually know that in 20 years something would happen? In the present we know that because it was 'prophesized' 20 years ago, but how did Oden knew it at that point in time?

And lol Kaidou just offed the old hag off-panel xd

lukaberlec

Kin
61💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bullets are so freaking strong in one piece. Bullets have killed so many people.

Who all that's actually been hit has survived a gun shot in one piece? (For example regular bullets passing through logia doesn't count) Whitebeard? I think that's about it

Guns and bullets in one piece are honestly some of the most strongest weapons in all of one piece. They're super op
Hachi did survive one shot

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man didn't think I'd see the day OP dropped and no one discussed it. :shy:

It was a pretty good chapter but I'll definitely need to re-read once the cleaned up translations come out. I'm still curious why Oden didn't use haki at all during this, didn't they say he had black blades? Would that have helped against the boiling idk but it definitely would have helped against that bullet.
He wasn't fighting any more, he accepted death

Well, it seems this flash-back is finally over.

How did Oden actually know that in 20 years something would happen? In the present we know that because it was 'prophesized' 20 years ago, but how did Oden knew it at that point in time?

And lol Kaidou just offed the old hag off-panel xd
I like that Oda finally is creating a villain that doens't just have a masterplan and a monologue. If you go up against Kaidou he will take your head off. Ever since Yonkou are part of the story death is on the table

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ah so out of respect for oden he killed her right
Or respect for himself. Kaido has some weird belief when it comes to death, and last chapter made it stranger. Kaido was grinning like a goofball then became visibly disturbed when Oden mentioned wanting to live. It was pretty rude of him to kill Oden mid sentence too lol.

Erikhog

Kin
232💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Or respect for himself. Kaido has some weird belief when it comes to death, and last chapter made it stranger. Kaido was grinning like a goofball then became visibly disturbed when Oden mentioned wanting to live. It was pretty rude of him to kill Oden mid sentence too lol.
Yeah i forgot kaido has a death wish. I hope some one will make that wish come true in the near future.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Holy moly! WHAT A CHAPTER!!!

- Oden's officially come into my top onepiece character deaths scenes now.

- This chapter really brings about the feels when you've re-read the wano arc recently.

- I was abit confused but the chapter at the end insinuates Toki is still alive? She says "Look ahead Oden, to 20yrs in the future". That to me kinda suggests she still alive and is saying watch the beginning to the war HUBBBY!!! lol

- Cannot wait for the next chapter, i'm really keen in which direction Oda takes this. Straight into the battle or ease into it? Hmm!

Didn't expect the flashback to end quite about yet, but oh well. Just to recap what happened before the flashback:

1) Orochi found out about the new plan. He orders the destruction of the bridges around wano to block the alliance from getting to their destination.
2) Orochi orders the destruction of the THOUSAND SUNNY.
3) The whole alliance including the Minks, Mugiwara's, heart pirates, former yakuza's, old man hayou are ALL MISSING IN ACTION!
4) There was one panel suggesting that Law was the traitor, yet to be proven. [Not saying he was always one]
5) Orochi is happily about to enjoy his Shogun festival with Kaidou.

Reactions: Exjoey and Erikhog

Erikhog

Kin
232💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

- This chapter really brings about the feels when you've re-read the wano arc recently.

- I was abit confused but the chapter at the end insinuates Toki is still alive? She says "Look ahead Oden, to 20yrs in the future". That to me kinda suggests she still alive and is saying watch the beginning to the war HUBBBY!!! lol

- Cannot wait for the next chapter, i'm really keen in which direction Oda takes this. Straight into the battle or ease into it? Hmm!

Didn't expect the flashback to end quite about yet, but oh well. Just to recap what happened before the flashback:

1) Orochi found out about the new plan. He orders the destruction of the bridges around wano to block the alliance from getting to their destination.
3) The whole alliance including the Minks, Mugiwara's, heart pirates, former yakuza's, old man hayou are ALL MISSING IN ACTION!
4) There was one panel suggesting that Law was the traitor, yet to be proven. [Not saying he was always one]
I think jinbei will be there with everyone underwater

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think jinbei will be there with everyone underwater
Would you like to expand on that ?
Underwater, how? Using the bubbles from shabondy? On a submarine? There's alot of allies who arent fishmen to be underwater. Not saying your wrong but speculate more than one liner lol. It makes discussing anime you like waay more fun for all :)

Speaking of which, do ya'll really think the REAL Thousand Sunny was destroyed?

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Underwater, how? Using the bubbles from shabondy? On a submarine? There's alot of allies who arent fishmen to be underwater. Not saying your wrong but speculate more than one liner lol. It makes discussing anime you like waay more fun for all :)

yup. if the strawhats are going to elbaf next, they could make a new boat from adams wood or repair the sunny with it. assuming adams tree is there. it'd be cool if they use it to build the fleet for the final war.

Erikhog

Kin
232💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yeah, your right. I also love it to read theory’s of other readers! But my english is not the best but I’ll try my best! :)

I think that jimbei came with some “fishman” allies and maybe got help from someone from “Sabaody”? And coated all of the boats so that they could travel under the sea straight to the fire festival. Something like that? I don’t know if this really is possible with all of the people who are against Orochi and Kaido, because they are with a lot of allies!
Do you guys think this is possible or is it a too much of a stretch? Seems plausible right?
Im really excited to see how it all turn out!

@WhistleBlower thanks for the motivation to point my little theory out!!

And I don’t think the sunny is destroyed. Maybe damaged or maybe just some weak bluffing from orochi like the weak bastard he is..

Reactions: WhistleBlower

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Not sure how u got toki was still alive by that lmfao. But ya ok w.e u think LMFAO

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Oda really is not going to destroy the Sunny. Makes absolute no sense from a story-telling perspective as that would invalidate the entire emotional rollercoaster behind how the Sunny came into existence. Either the sunny is only (moderately) damaged or it was not the real Sunny. The very first thought that came to mind when all the ships in the harbor got destroyed, was that they were all duds. We saw Franky pushing the shipwrights to prepare as much ships as possible and one of them commented that they didn't even had enough people to put on so many ships.

Erikhog

Kin
232💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oda really is not going to destroy the Sunny. Makes absolute no sense from a story-telling perspective as that would invalidate the entire emotional rollercoaster behind how the Sunny came into existence. Either the sunny is only (moderately) damaged or it was not the real Sunny. The very first thought that came to mind when all the ships in the harbor got destroyed, was that they were all duds. We saw Franky pushing the shipwrights to prepare as much ships as possible and one of them commented that they didn't even had enough people to put on so many ships.
So true! The sunny will join to Onepiece!!

Reactions: WhistleBlower
Status
Not open for further replies.