2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Idiot Lord"

One Piece Manga Chapter 969 Discussion and 970 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 969 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 970

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oden can't cut through the Barrier? Couldn't he have at least used a more powerful attack and try to break it? Is the barrier that OP?

Btw did this scene really happen?
You must be registered to see images

Also it's time to place your bets because soon Denjiro's current status will be revealed! So will he be Kyoshiro? Koushiro? Witching hour boy? Or ...?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is depressing...never thought there would be a day I had to read a OP chapter in French and afterwards an English translation of the French chapter 😑

Anyway, it all felt a bit weird. That Kaidou's existence blocks Oden from killing Orochi I can accept, but that someone with the Bari Bari no Mi forms an obstacle is a bit flaccid. A few direct attacks? Ok, but how could protect Orochi 24/7? I can think of several ways to bypass that.

Also what's with the recycled DF? So far only three DF have been reused: Mera Mera no Mi and Gura Gura no Mi, both of which were important plot points and thirdly the Sara Sara no Mi: Model Axolotl, which was to show how DF get reborn. However, now we suddenly have two random DF we already know be used two decades ago. Maybe Oda wants to touch a bit more on the side on how DF get spread over the world?

Seeing the Nine Scabbards lined up like that was awesome though.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oden can't cut through the Barrier? Couldn't he have at least used a more powerful attack and try to break it? Is the barrier that OP?

Btw did this scene really happen?
You must be registered to see images

Also it's time to place your bets because soon Denjiro's current status will be revealed! So will he be Kyoshiro? Koushiro? Witching hour boy? Or ...?
One of the translations of last chapter implied he was witching hour boy. I forget the exact wording but when they were explaining where everyone went they mentioned Denjiro was taking stuff then another translation had that as scamming people like he did the old man in his debut which would make sense too.

About the barrier, I was gonna say if it's Barto's then yeah it was described as that tough but I figured I'd better read before saying it and turns out it was. I think these might be two of the only fruits we've seen previous users of (Barto and Bon Clay's)

Also no he didn't fall on his butt that's a nursery rhyme being sung by kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Passerby

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just want this backstory to end already. Oden and Roger are cool, but much of this feels like less of a backstory and more of a long explanation. All these chapters being devoted to Oden makes me think that he's still alive. Like maybe Moria took and hid Oden's shadow, then Kaido killed a body that didn't have Oden's mind.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Ikr, if Oden and all his followers did a surprise attack on oden, how many people could that old man block with his barrier before someone can make a breakthrough for Orochi the scum ass.

I'm bit conflicted on who Denjirou.
- The opening suggests its Kyoushirou
- This weeks chapter suggests Koushiro (zoros master) brother or relative because timeline doesnt add up for him running a dojo in the east blue and having a kid.

Also, people seem to have not noticed but shinobu isn't a part of the 9 scabbards. And when she was hearing the conversation, she was infact Orochi's underling and in oniwabanshu. Whatever Oden said to Orochi - made her change her allegiance to Oden and serve him even 20 years after his death. That's why she was sweating because she heard something unbelievable enough to change her mind, quit oniwabanshu and become an enemy of the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erikhog
Status
Not open for further replies.