2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Oden Kozuki Appears"

One Piece Manga Chapter 960 Discussion and 961 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 960 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 961

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know how to feel about Oden to be honest. Personality and character of the man wise he seems solid but all this hype for a guy who's gone and no chance of showing up in the manga seems a bit odd(and yes I realize the same can be said of Roger but that's Roger he's the PK he gets a pass)

Was I the only one who though his dad was a young Orochi at first glance? I was thinking man Orochi really looks different then it said it was Sukiyaki.
You must be registered to see images

You must be registered to see images

You think he did that on purpose? I mean the mustache, the hair bun... since he seemingly stole some of Oden's legacy it doesn't seem too much a reach to think maybe he stole his fathers image as well.

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the Oden hyped to boost you how badass the yonkos really are if Kiado just stormed in and defeated this hell of a samurai then whoa. So now how are the SH crew going to take not 1 but 2 of these monsters on

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To me it’s weird that Oden was just killed off like that based on these feats.
he was defeated by orochis two step style. orochi is stronger than what people think.
Post automatically merged:

I think the Oden hyped to boost you how badass the yonkos really are if Kiado just stormed in and defeated this hell of a samurai then whoa. So now how are the SH crew going to take not 1 but 2 of these monsters on
you mean how badass orochi is as he defeated oden. not kaido

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was at work when I was reading the chapter and I hardly could contain my laughter. I kept imagining a scene of Oden having a solicitation interview and the recruiting agent saying 'lets run down your resume, will ya' and then his eyes start to widen the further his gaze goes down the page
:argh:

What did you do when you were six?

Spent all the country's finances on whores.

:stone:

What did you do when your fifteen?

Started the Harem Wars.

The what now?

The....Harem....Wars. I turned a temple in my own harem palace with women I kidnapped...their families weren't as thrilled as the women about it.

:nono:

...any special skills or hobbies?

I rock at cutting stones. :hs:

Oden is an absolute riot xd The only downside is that weird frisbee-style haircut. I was hoping that was just some kind of hat he was wearing, but it's his actual hair...

It bothers me a bit though as to how long this flash-back is going to last. I mean Oden meeting all his retainers, voyaging around the world with Roger and WB, meeting and marrying his future wive, Kaidou's invasion and Orochi's coup...there's enough stuff here to start a spin-off.

Lastly, something very different: Denjiro. Oden's last retainer has finally been introduced (as a child though). My first thought was that he looks like a younger version of Koushirou, Zoro's master from Shimotsuki Village. Only the practical implications of this don't really support this possibility. On the other hand that sword on his back looks suspiciously like Wado Ichimonji, but if that's true then how come no one has realized what this means? Kinemon was quickly enough to spot Shuusui, but not that one of his closest friends swords is wielded by the exact same guy? Tenguayama did recognize the sword, but didn't say much about it other than who created the sword.

I'm getting mixed signals here..

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
he was defeated by orochis two step style. orochi is stronger than what people think.

>Former division commander of Whitebeard.
>Only person in history who was able to scar Kaido.
>Was defeated by Orochi who was dead scared of Zoro's flying slash?

lukaberlec

Kin
61💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>Former division commander of Whitebeard.
>Only person in history who was able to scar Kaido.
>Was defeated by Orochi who was dead scared of Zoro's flying slash?
Exactly no way, something fishy is going on I mean come on I clearly see it as kaido or orochi kidnapping oden family and thats how it turned out. Orochi is just a puppeteer with a devil fruit.

I was at work when I was reading the chapter and I hardly could contain my laughter. I kept imagining a scene of Oden having a solicitation interview and the recruiting agent saying 'lets run down your resume, will ya' and then his eyes start to widen the further his gaze goes down the page
:argh:

What did you do when you were six?

Spent all the country's finances on whores.

:stone:

What did you do when your fifteen?

Started the Harem Wars.

The what now?

The....Harem....Wars. I turned a temple in my own harem palace with women I kidnapped...their families weren't as thrilled as the women about it.

:nono:

...any special skills or hobbies?

I rock at cutting stones. :hs:

Oden is an absolute riot xd The only downside is that weird frisbee-style haircut. I was hoping that was just some kind of hat he was wearing, but it's his actual hair...

It bothers me a bit though as to how long this flash-back is going to last. I mean Oden meeting all his retainers, voyaging around the world with Roger and WB, meeting and marrying his future wive, Kaidou's invasion and Orochi's coup...there's enough stuff here to start a spin-off.

Lastly, something very different: Denjiro. Oden's last retainer has finally been introduced (as a child though). My first thought was that he looks like a younger version of Koushirou, Zoro's master from Shimotsuki Village. Only the practical implications of this don't really support this possibility. On the other hand that sword on his back looks suspiciously like Wado Ichimonji, but if that's true then how come no one has realized what this means? Kinemon was quickly enough to spot Shuusui, but not that one of his closest friends swords is wielded by the exact same guy? Tenguayama did recognize the sword, but didn't say much about it other than who created the sword.

I'm getting mixed signals here..
I think its evident from his symbol which is identic to wano clan of yasuie on his coat

Its tough to say atm, but i doubt Kaido alone could defeat him, as for straw hats they already have a lot of friends so u never know who could show up

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just realized that the tidbit about Oden working in a quarry was referring to the roots of the Kozuki clan being a clan of stonemasons. I thought it was just something random to show how grand the Kozuki's are regardless of what they do, but it's a subtle reference to the fact that their family created the Poneglyph and that Oden was the last person who knew the mysteries of their creation.

Exactly no way, something fishy is going on I mean come on I clearly see it as kaido or orochi kidnapping oden family and thats how it turned out. Orochi is just a puppeteer with a devil fruit.

I think its evident from his symbol which is identic to wano clan of yasuie on his coat

Its tough to say atm, but i doubt Kaido alone could defeat him, as for straw hats they already have a lot of friends so u never know who could show up
Which symbol exactly? Or do you mean the crossed swords? Yes, that has underlined that there is a connection between Zoro's hometown and Wano (in particular Hakumai and Ringo), however that doesn't say anything about Denjiro = Koushirou or not (which my comment was about).

lukaberlec

Kin
61💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just realized that the tidbit about Oden working in a quarry was referring to the roots of the Kozuki clan being a clan of stonemasons. I thought it was just something random to show how grand the Kozuki's are regardless of what they do, but it's a subtle reference to the fact that their family created the Poneglyph and that Oden was the last person who knew the mysteries of their creation.

Which symbol exactly? Or do you mean the crossed swords? Yes, that has underlined that there is a connection between Zoro's hometown and Wano (in particular Hakumai and Ringo), however that doesn't say anything about Denjiro = Koushirou or not (which my comment was about).
On his Coat swords yea, im posting this: “His skill in is so great he has knowledge of known only in

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You mean two sword? And wasn't that just propoganda? Orochi's style is in his name, he's a snake.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was just set up by Orochi rest was done by Kaido’s crew.
That's what I think too. Also, I seem to rember an implication Orochi was telling new generations he was responsible for things others knew Oden did including the two sword(or step) style. I forget why that came up last time but den has two swords so it's probably a credible idea.

lukaberlec

Kin
61💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's what I think too. Also, I seem to rember an implication Orochi was telling new generations he was responsible for things others knew Oden did including the two sword(or step) style. I forget why that came up last time but den has two swords so it's probably a credible idea.
Yes i totally agree, we never know who may show up in Wano in the future

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Somewhere at the very start of this arc there was a scene where one of the Luckies was teaching a class of children. She was essentially indoctrinating them with their version of the 'facts': Orochi was the hero who beat the villain Oden and it was a common fact that Orochi uses a two-sword style.

Not too long ago someone made a comment about that and I replied that I sincerely question Orochi's ability to wield a sword, let alone two. Not only was his skull nearly split by one attack from Zoro, so far his weapon of preference were guns...So it seemed that Orochi not only tried to tarnish Oden's legacy, but also to recycle some parts of it as his own. He does seem to have a severe inferiority complex when it comes to Oden.

Idk why I never thought about it until I just read your post "who may show up in Wano in THE FUTURE" What if Momo's mom sent more than one group to the future?
That's a thought that had already occurred to me at one point. Initially it got me excited, however then I realized Toki doesn't have any future-sight abilities, which makes any forward time jump a huge random gamble. If she did have future-sight abilities then the question remains why she wasn't able to avoid all tragedies that fell before her family?

You could flip this reasoning upside down though. It's peculiar as why she decided to send them 20 years into the future, I mean just a few years would have been sufficient and then Orochi's and Kaidou's influence on Wano wouldn't have been rooted as strongly as it is in the present. Unless she already sent people beforehand to the point in time for whatever reason and decided that sending Momo and his retainers to the same time period would be the most beneficial.

It also could potentially solve the problem of there no one being anymore who knows how the Poneglyph were created as the secrets supposedly died with Oden as he wasn't able to pass them on to Momo. It would be a possibility to have someone from the past who knows about it ending up in the present.

lukaberlec

Kin
61💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It would be cool if King was the one who defeated Oden. It would make Zoro vs King more interesting.

King: That sword...Enma was it? I slayed the last person who wielded it!
Zoro: Well this time things would be different!
Damn that would be one epic moment :D
hopefully we wont wait too long to get some more flashback from the fight

Reactions: Passerby
Status
Not open for further replies.