2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"A Fox of a Single Disguise"

One Piece Manga Chapter 953 Discussion and 954 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 953 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 954

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cool little backstory, the transforming fox kinda reminds me of Kin'emons devil fruit power. That's based on a mythological tanuki with a leaf on his head. I wonder if there is a link with the foxfire style, the fox looks a bit fiery.

I want to see the Enma sword, does it look like a regular katana and will it be a serious option for Zoro to keep for the long run, or is it some kind of oversized freak One Piece weapon that will only play a part in Kaidou's downfall ?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Zoro/Wano connection deepens...love it. Begs the question is Zoro now actually a descendant of a Wano citizen or just trained by one? Oda already confirmed I believe that a Wano ship stranded several decades ago in East Blue and the fact that Shimotsuki Village shares its name with the Shimotsuki clan, could be read as that the village was founded by the Wano refugees and thus that many of the current inhabitants are of Wano descent.

I'm also curious where Oda is going with this sword pageant? Even just after the time skip some people already theorized that Zoro had a received a new sword. Now personally I've always been against any sword-swapping at this point in the story as I feel it regresses Zoro's character and in particular when it concerns Shuusui as it was Zoro's most recent addition + he's been using it for two years with Mihawk to train.

Yet, in this arc, first Nidai Kitetsu gets introduced and now Enma? I'm getting more and more the feeling that Zoro will have to return Shuusui back to Wano at one point in time. It's strange though that Shuusui seems to be valued more than Enma, despite the reality that Enma is almost certainly of a Supreme Grade, thus of a higher grade than Shuusui.

Why are Bege and them going to Thriller Bark? Wonder if they'll find BB with it or if he'll have moved on.
Probably because that was the last place the Strawhats saw Lola and it's possible they still control the island. When Moria was beaten, Hogback & Absalom fled with a smaller ship while transporting an unconscious Moria.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Zoro/Wano connection deepens...love it. Begs the question is Zoro now actually a descendant of a Wano citizen or just trained by one? Oda already confirmed I believe that a Wano ship stranded several decades ago in East Blue and the fact that Shimotsuki Village shares its name with the Shimotsuki clan, could be read as that the village was founded by the Wano refugees and thus that many of the current inhabitants are of Wano descent.

I'm also curious where Oda is going with this sword pageant? Even just after the time skip some people already theorized that Zoro had a received a new sword. Now personally I've always been against any sword-swapping at this point in the story as I feel it regresses Zoro's character and in particular when it concerns Shuusui as it was Zoro's most recent addition + he's been using it for two years with Mihawk to train.

Yet, in this arc, first Nidai Kitetsu gets introduced and now Enma? I'm getting more and more the feeling that Zoro will have to return Shuusui back to Wano at one point in time. It's strange though that Shuusui seems to be valued more than Enma, despite the reality that Enma is almost certainly of a Supreme Grade, thus of a higher grade than Shuusui.
Are you happy or sad that Zoro is getting the Kaido Slayer? That caught me off-guard because I was betting on Zoro fighting King or Kyoshiro. I always wanted Zoro and Luffy to fight Kaido and if that happens then I'll die happily. I am sure all those fools who were betting on Luffy, Law and Kidd vs Kaido are probably crying right now.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Probably because that was the last place the Strawhats saw Lola and it's possible they still control the island. When Moria was beaten, Hogback & Absalom fled with a smaller ship while transporting an unconscious Moria.
I forgot all about Lola already

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you happy or sad that Zoro is getting the Kaido Slayer? That caught me off-guard because I was betting on Zoro fighting King or Kyoshiro. I always wanted Zoro and Luffy to fight Kaido and if that happens then I'll die happily. I am sure all those fools who were betting on Luffy, Law and Kidd vs Kaido are probably crying right now.
I think u should better not jump into any conclusions.if u really think kaido gonna get injured the same way he did last time then that's a mistake. everyone learns from their mistakes. most probably kaido too.he wont go down the same way he did last time and probably has something hidden up in his sleeves to survive it by now. or may be i'm wrong too.all i'm saying is just dont underestimate oda. he didnt brought up kidd,law,luffy and Big Mom too here in wano for nothing :liar:

Reactions: Passerby

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
shimot is zoro's daddy and you can't tell me otherwise. he looks nearly exactly like zoro, the only thing zoro lacks is that puff of hair at the back of his head and that's a stylistic choice. just look at zoro's age. 21. Everything happened 20 years ago, so he would've been sent away at the age of 1 or something. Young enough to learn some of wano's customs like "snatch" but also young enough to not remember zip shit. there are even hints that zoro understood kiku to be a man going by his treatment of him, which he could only know from understanding the honorifics.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well as I explained I never saw the need for Zoro to have again a sword-switch. A small filler-ish arc in the anime once elaborated on the fact that Zoro continuously broke his swords and that was indirectly brought up by Mihawk when he said to Zoro he should consider every nick in his sword as a sign of shame. So if Zoro starts to swap Zoro's from time to time, it feels like that a part of his character development got voided.

During the course of this arc though I have gotten the feeling Zoro will have to distance himself from Shuusui for the 'greater good' and I need to admit that a part of me thinks Zoro should have at least one the Supreme Grade swords in his arsenal. Still being allowed to use Enma and receiving it indefinitely are two different matters altogether. If Enma was Oden's sword, that would mean it actually should belong to Momo now...so it's just shifting the problem.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well as I explained I never saw the need for Zoro to have again a sword-switch. A small filler-ish arc in the anime once elaborated on the fact that Zoro continuously broke his swords and that was indirectly brought up by Mihawk when he said to Zoro he should consider every nick in his sword as a sign of shame. So if Zoro starts to swap Zoro's from time to time, it feels like that a part of his character development got voided.

During the course of this arc though I have gotten the feeling Zoro will have to distance himself from Shuusui for the 'greater good' and I need to admit that a part of me thinks Zoro should have at least one the Supreme Grade swords in his arsenal. Still being allowed to use Enma and receiving it indefinitely are two different matters altogether. If Enma was Oden's sword, that would mean it actually should belong to Momo now...so it's just shifting the problem.
It doesn't though? Momo was technically dead so the sword went to the next of kin. So if Komuraski gives it to Zoro then it will be Zoros.
Either way I am still looking forward to seeing Kaido's reaction to Zoro having Enma! His PTSD will run wild! I mean the dude was hyped as being unkillable and impenetrable but nah Zoro's is about to change all of that.

On an unrelated subject, Rogers crew was really something huh? Old Rayleigh was able to tango with an admiral and now we have Oden who gave Kaido that scar!

Reactions: WhistleBlower

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It doesn't though? Momo was technically dead so the sword went to the next of kin. So if Komuraski gives it to Zoro then it will be Zoros.
Either way I am still looking forward to seeing Kaido's reaction to Zoro having Enma! His PTSD will run wild! I mean the dude was hyped as being unkillable and impenetrable but nah Zoro's is about to change all of that.

On an unrelated subject, Rogers crew was really something huh? Old Rayleigh was able to tango with an admiral and now we have Oden who gave Kaido that scar!
He was presumed dead and so was Komurosaki. The latter knew Momo wasn't dead and the same goes for Oden. I doubt there was ever a time to apply the official order in which something like this should happen and that most likely Oden gave the sword to his daughter because of practical reasons. At this point she also knows he's back in Wano.

From the events in the prison and several other scenes we've also learned how much Momo actually represents in their culture and how much they value stuff like this. So that Zoro can merely claim a sword of that caliber that belonged to Oden himself, and based on the line of succession to Momo now, feels a bit too easy.

Reactions: Passerby

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think Law can cut Kaidou within a 'room'?
with enough haki and amplifying it with DF power I think he got a better chance for it than zoro right now.and dont forget even with enma it couldn't cut kaido fully. just gave him a scar level of damage.i dont think anyone is capable of cutting him in half even with the help of enma

Reactions: WhistleBlower
Status
Not open for further replies.