Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Mummy"

One Piece Manga Chapter 949 Discussion and 950 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 949 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 950

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Noizecreep

Kin
48💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great Chapter - I think this might be one of the first times we have seen Luffy give a proper 'Leader' speech - which shows that he is growing as a person. Maybe I'm wrong but this feels like a significant change.

And this is precisely what we now need from Luffy if he is to be taken seriously in the future as a Yonko - and more importantly if he is to play a role in the overthrow of the WG at EOS.

In the past - I always felt like other people's problems were not really something Luffy thought about, but just happened to be solved as a result of the story bringing him into contact with the main antagonist. Sure there are exceptions to this - but they usually resulted in him getting angry and punching someone rather than voicing his opinion.
This has started to change bit by bit since the New World began and I think part of his character arc is learning that the freedom he seeks for himself and others cannot be won by just 'becoming the pirate king' - There is a great deal more to it than that and he has to start shouldering more responsibility and becoming the kind of person that people can depend on.

~Naruto&Itachi~

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Damn this was a really great chapter 5/5 easily. Nice to see Luffy is turning into a great leader. But also will love to see what Kidd does now, and how they will beat Kaido.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Luffy, you've grown so much. T.T

From an idiot in a barrel to someone that inspires entire nations.

The fearsome ability Mihawk saw during the war has grown to epic proportions. If only Shanks, Dragon and Garp were here to see it.

Reactions: SixPathsMike101

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great Chapter - I think this might be one of the first times we have seen Luffy give a proper 'Leader' speech - which shows that he is growing as a person. Maybe I'm wrong but this feels like a significant change.

And this is precisely what we now need from Luffy if he is to be taken seriously in the future as a Yonko - and more importantly if he is to play a role in the overthrow of the WG at EOS.

In the past - I always felt like other people's problems were not really something Luffy thought about, but just happened to be solved as a result of the story bringing him into contact with the main antagonist. Sure there are exceptions to this - but they usually resulted in him getting angry and punching someone rather than voicing his opinion.
This has started to change bit by bit since the New World began and I think part of his character arc is learning that the freedom he seeks for himself and others cannot be won by just 'becoming the pirate king' - There is a great deal more to it than that and he has to start shouldering more responsibility and becoming the kind of person that people can depend on.
I kinda hope there isn't some great deal more as no one has become pirate king in how long? Becoming pirate king should be enough haha

Izaya-X

Kin
45💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The paceting is still horrible but if I rate only the chapter then it should be a 8/10.
Luffy showed amazing leadership qualities what some may missed lately.
Luffy gave me some Dragon vibes, was pretty amazing tbh.
The tech Quenn constructed was pretty interesting we’ll may see more tech from him.
Hope the next chapter will move a bit faster.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
====================================
[ONE PIECE CHAPTER 950 PREDICTION]
====================================
Cover Story- Continuing Bege's fleeing of Big Mom's Territory. Big Mom's fleet is spotted heading off full force and they panic (implication is that they believe the Fleet knows where they are and coming for them when it's really just them setting off for Wano)

Chapter
- Starts off where we left off; Luffy sending the Prisoners out to riot. Hyo talks with the other '8 Red Scabbards' (DENJIRO ISNT CONFIRMED TO BE YOSHIRO YET ;) ] present to get the gist of the idea they're planning (raiding each of the prisons to free as many followers as possible). As they discuss, Kidd stares down Luffy. Killer, still laughing as he seems heavily poisoned/affected by the faulty SMILE. Luffy walks over to see if they're ok; Chopper following close behind since he's trying to treat Luffy for the Poison. Kidd denies having needed help; saying he could've/would've gotten them out of it anyway.

Upon seeing Killer, Chopper tries to examine him and wondering aloud why he's laughing, but Kidd stops him. The customary okama for the Arc explains it to Chopper (he was travelling with Big Mom and never heard about what SMILE did). Chopper thinks he may be able to do something about it or cure him (stating his belief that no disease is incurable).

Luffy and Kidd are arguing as Luffy is trying to get Kidd to join his 'team' to defeat Kaido while Kidd insists he'll do it his way. Knowing it's some kind of disease or poison brought about by faulty SMILE, Chopper tries to examine Killer now since Luffy and Kidd are arguing; getting a vial of blood to examine; he seems confident he can do something.

Chopper flashes back to when they were leaving Punk Hazard. He was questioning Ceaser on how SMILE was processed there.
Another Flashback panel; this time of Chopper talking with the Dwarves on Dressrosa on what they're doing to create SMILE.

Flashback to present, Chopper, after examining the vial, states he's certain he can reverse the effects; much to the surprise of everyone in earshot; especially Kidd and Okama. Kidd hesitates and looks to Killer, whose symptoms seem severe but manages a subtle nod. Kidd relents and Chopper begins treatment.

Luffy asks Kidd why he's on Wano in the first place and how he got captured. Chapter ends with a flashback (incoming Flashback Arc) of what happened after Kaido crash-landed (from the Sky Island he jumped from) in front of Kidd's Alliance group.

===============
CHAPTER END
===============

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i keep returning to this thread and reviewing my thoughts and the only ones that ever appear are "what actually happened this chapter again?" and "well, it must've been boring." I remember feeling satisfied with it when I read it, but not much actually happened. 4/5 because it somehow felt complete despite little happening.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Would it have been out of character if Zoro gave that speech instead of Luffy, or would this have added more depth and growth to Zoro's already boring ass personality?

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wow my prediction was kinda spot on according to spoilers!

- Zoro has left the flower capital with Hiyori ( although I don't se brook)
- Chopper is making an antidote for queens weapon
- And we will get a scene of Luffy asking Kid to fight with him but he will reject with a quick glimpse of how he doesn't trust alliances anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.