Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I believe it's rare too I'm with you on that, I think the sword slashes are the beginning of it. Like I think Zoro has been practicing, but hasn't mastered it ya know, like Luffy wants too, or others have shown.

I believe the awakening thing was due to plot. Not entirely plot but to fit the circumstances. As in, let's take a look at sakazuki for example, the closest thing we can conclude about awakenings for logias is changing the terrain/weather someway or another. Even if that wasn't the awakening of a logia we can still use it in this situation since akainu can do such feat but didn't at marinerford, which would've easily burned/melted just about anyone who couldn't fly.

Akainu didn't do that(and none of the other top tiers showed power like that on the marines side because) they had to protect the platform and Marine hq. They had to prevent as much damage as possible, and turning the island into a lava field would be bad lol

Edit:would've been fd up if doffy was like awakening and boom turned the platform in strings :lmao:
I think the main point was they were ready for a war against whitebeard pirates. However that could be true they dont want HQ to go in chaos as well.

However ya like @Dino the technique used by zoro against daz bones is similar to that concept of invisible haki.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
- I doubted people when they said that Zoro instance with Daz was haki back then, but now it's confirmed and I'm cool with it. The thing with future sense and awakening are they're cool and all, but it doesn't really feel like fleshing out the one piece battles if only the elite can do it, that's just gatekeeping other characters from being relevant. More stuff like, low/mid tier Zoro performing this, and the awakened jailers at impel down, that helps.

- Starting to seem like all the Kawamatsu theories were right.

- Lovely chapter. Most fun I've had with Luffy in a while. Him and Hyou were a great team and that was a very creative fight.

- I wanna see what Kid and Drake's haki are like!

- Man this whole thing with Law's crew, I need to see vengeance, it's really important.

- Kumarasaki is so kawaiii <3

- Oh yeah, and it's been pointed out that this technique is probably what lets Kinemon cut fire and how Kyoshiro cut Komurasaki without killing her.

- i might be calling this too early, but im starting to wonder how invested Queen really is in the success of his team
it's quite possible it's just because things are small scale right now, but he might be a "whatever happens happens" kinda guy
which might play into the notion of Kaido only depending on himself. Which I think will be a big theme this arc, interdependence and team fights compared to one man vs. the world. Kaido's team doesn't seem to have a strong connection to him.

According to a friend, in old kurosawa movies, it's a big classic samurai warlord trope that one will get crazy and start driving away their subjects before getting bopped by another competing clan.

- Last but not least I am the leader of the Madilloman Fandom. HIs so cool lol

========================================
Theory that Koushiro is from wano is confirmed:
After all, he knew of the advanced form of haki in conjunction with a sword ( chapter 194), he had to learn it from somewhere.
THis also relates to something Oda hinted at a recent SBS, that someone from East Blue was the offspring of someone that arrived to the East Blue from Wano. Koushiro makes the most sense in this regard and it lines up with his knowledge shown in this chapter

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Rumor mill's already running we've seen Zoro and Mihawk using it via flying slashes.
I dunno about the flying slashes, but the way Hyou described using it on blades to cut through steel while gliding past paper is exactly what Zoro did in Alabasta when he cut the stone but his blade glided against the tree leaves without cutting them right before he cut Daz Bones.

Lord Snow

Legendary
Kin
17💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you guys think that’s the Technique Sabo uses when he punches into the ground and does the dragon breathe. It does shatter stuff and burst of air?

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This isnt much surprise , zoro was stronger than luffy in pre ts .
It would also explain why Oda never had Zoro fight a logia pre ts? Maybe pre ts Zoro would have had a chance against Crocodile and Smoker maybe? The only time Zoro came close to fighting a logia was against Kizaru but that's a different story.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It would also explain why Oda never had Zoro fight a logia pre ts? Maybe pre ts Zoro would have had a chance against Crocodile and Smoker maybe? The only time Zoro came close to fighting a logia was against Kizaru but that's a different story.
Yes very likely. I am pretty sure sanji and zoro already knew how to use haki . They had mentors who had the guide help them unlike luffy had to learn how to use gomu gomu on his own.

I dont think garp remotely show interest in devleoping or mentoring luffy. He sent him to daddan s place.

Reactions: Passerby

Dino

Regular
Kin
118💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Zoro consciously knew what he was doing back then, similar to how Luffy used Kings Haki without meaning to. It was just an instance where Zoro was able to surpass his limiter and pulled it off. That was the only instance where he pulled it off. Even then, I don't think it was Armament haki he used. It seemed to be like it was observational haki back then. Maybe he somehow pulled off a combination of both.

But unless Oda specifically calls it out, this is all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.