Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chopstick gonna have to take this L this time
What's special about the JB translation? All it said was "All I did was injure one of her sweet commanders to get what I wanted" it doesn't make any mention of who, I was thinking Cracker being the only one with a scar made sense until Passerby pointed out the bounty photo.

It sounded a bit of a stretch but Kid is getting hyped this chapter so I thought it might not be too far of a reach.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pretty boring chapter. You can't even feel bad for a dude that literally sells out his family for a chick.
I watched joyboy video he has given interesting facts about real life kumoraski who was courtsean in shogun era promised a man to marry only to end up betraying him after he sold everything for her.

Reactions: Michelle

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thought i'd write something as its the final chapter of the year!!
1) Alright, so is it just me, or is Luffy looking jacked? He's gotten that prison pump! I think that's cool. There's nothing that states he can't keep his slender frame, but when looking at the rest of the OP world, it's probably time for Luffy to put on more muscle. Besides, he's got the genes for it. Look at garp & dragon, their pretty built, the only scrawny one in the family is Luffy lol.

2) I wonder who among the Red Hair Pirates took Kid's arm. I reckon it was Shanks. I think that's what he is most known for , making people lose limbs lol. There's something so mysterious & sinister about shanks. Post timeskip everytime his appearance was shown he had a creepy evil smile. Plus he somehow was allowed into the Goresei's private room!! Wth!!?? I'm telling ya somethings up....
Oda keeps building the Kid hype, though. Having tussled with them before, as well as having entered BM's territory. Or maybe not her territory, since it doesn't state that, but still. That makes three from the supernova now, that's either beaten or wounded one of her commanders. I'm curious who Kid fought. I'm guessing Snack or Smoothie. Katakuri hadn't taken a hit in quite a while. Cracker also said no one's forced him to leave his biscuit in quite a while, too, if I'm not mistaken.

ALSO, if it truly was Snack and like he said he "injured" the commander then we can stop hyping Urouge as he fought a weakened commander.

3) Oda's clearly setting up Komurasaki to be Momo's sister, but it feels a bit too obvious, imo. A bit misdirection. But at the same time, she fits the bill. I wonder what role she'll play in the arc regardless. She's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, but maybe a bitch with a heart of gold, which is something Oda does a lot. I hope she's still a little bit evil. Or maybe not evil, but has her own goals. She was, in a way, abandoned by Momo and the rest, so maybe she won't be too happy about that.

[ ^ I mean even Ashura feels this way and his a grownup. Hiyori's case, she was abanadoned on the spot boom by everyone she knew ; who could've helped out her out from all the hardships growing up in a Orochi era; sold into the red district, etc. This isn't knew for us tbh, when tama was captured the underling mentioned to tama i might sell you to the red district, she's pretty young too]

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thought i'd write something as its the final chapter of the year!!
1) Alright, so is it just me, or is Luffy looking jacked? He's gotten that prison pump! I think that's cool. There's nothing that states he can't keep his slender frame, but when looking at the rest of the OP world, it's probably time for Luffy to put on more muscle. Besides, he's got the genes for it. Look at garp & dragon, their pretty built, the only scrawny one in the family is Luffy lol.

2) I wonder who among the Red Hair Pirates took Kid's arm. I reckon it was Shanks. I think that's what he is most known for , making people lose limbs lol. There's something so mysterious & sinister about shanks. Post timeskip everytime his appearance was shown he had a creepy evil smile. Plus he somehow was allowed into the Goresei's private room!! Wth!!?? I'm telling ya somethings up....
Oda keeps building the Kid hype, though. Having tussled with them before, as well as having entered BM's territory. Or maybe not her territory, since it doesn't state that, but still. That makes three from the supernova now, that's either beaten or wounded one of her commanders. I'm curious who Kid fought. I'm guessing Snack or Smoothie. Katakuri hadn't taken a hit in quite a while. Cracker also said no one's forced him to leave his biscuit in quite a while, too, if I'm not mistaken.

ALSO, if it truly was Snack and like he said he "injured" the commander then we can stop hyping Urouge as he fought a weakened commander.

3) Oda's clearly setting up Komurasaki to be Momo's sister, but it feels a bit too obvious, imo. A bit misdirection. But at the same time, she fits the bill. I wonder what role she'll play in the arc regardless. She's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, but maybe a bitch with a heart of gold, which is something Oda does a lot. I hope she's still a little bit evil. Or maybe not evil, but has her own goals. She was, in a way, abandoned by Momo and the rest, so maybe she won't be too happy about that.

[ ^ I mean even Ashura feels this way and his a grownup. Hiyori's case, she was abanadoned on the spot boom by everyone she knew ; who could've helped out her out from all the hardships growing up in a Orochi era; sold into the red district, etc. This isn't knew for us tbh, when tama was captured the underling mentioned to tama i might sell you to the red district, she's pretty young too]
Ya its hard to see shanks doing such things but kidd did invade innocent villagers its possible he invaded into shanks territory. Nobody messes with shanks :cool: at least he should thank shank generously left his life so i think shanks has good consciousness .

Ya i was thinking kidd and urouge probably meet at same point and snack was heavily injured by kidd , urouge got the credits for it because he was at wrong time at erong place.

Ya hiyori theory is probably odas trick. Since wano arc oda is playing with readers mind. Many theorized kaido being dragon was correct ,but not many thought orochi would have eight headed hydra form.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn’t be surprised if Eustass Kidd tried to joke about Shanks’ missing arm to the Red Hair Pirates. And then one of Shanks subordinates or Shanks himself decided to cut off Kidd’s arm as a result, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how it went.

The Red Hair Pirates are badass like that.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys, in the very first chapter Shanks got insulted and a beer poured over him by a low-level bandit out in the boonies and it was emphasized he couldn't care less about such shenanigans. So I find it hard to believe he's going to intentionally mutilate people in a macabre reference to his own lost arm for petty taunts.

Not to mention Kid was rather specific in his explanation of his encounter with the BM-Pirates, yet when it concerns his arm, he merely says it was due to a run-in with the RH-Pirates. If it truly was Shanks personally, he most likely would have mentioned it, especially because he was telling all of this to show them he didn't just got tossed around and ran with his tail between his legs. It would have been more impressive if it was Shanks, so no reason for him to omit that.

What's more it's not just his arm, but the entire left side of his body that took quite a beating. That doesn't look like an injury where someone tried to meticulously cut off a specific limb, but more like he got hit by a massive attack.

And regarding which commander Kid fought, I only see two real possibilities: Snack and Cracker and personally I'm more inclined to believe it was the latter. Again Kid was rather specific in saying he injured a commander, not beaten, and even though injuring doesn't automatically equate to a scar, it would rather be unoda-ish to not make a subtle reference to this by leaving one. And who has the most noticeable scar among the commanders? Cracker. But there's another reason why I consider him the most likely candidate, namely he's the one that seems to keep a low profile the most by permanently wearing that biscuit-armor of his, which also has a scar.

I can imagine Kid was able to dent the armor and then saw an opportunity to escape when his heist-objective was fulfilled.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys, in the very first chapter Shanks got insulted and a beer poured over him by a low-level bandit out in the boonies and it was emphasized he couldn't care less about such shenanigans. So I find it hard to believe he's going to intentionally mutilate people in a macabre reference to his own lost arm for petty taunts.

Not to mention Kid was rather specific in his explanation of his encounter with the BM-Pirates, yet when it concerns his arm, he merely says it was due to a run-in with the RH-Pirates. If it truly was Shanks personally, he most likely would have mentioned it, especially because he was telling all of this to show them he didn't just got tossed around and ran with his tail between his legs. It would have been more impressive if it was Shanks, so no reason for him to omit that.

What's more it's not just his arm, but the entire left side of his body that took quite a beating. That doesn't look like an injury where someone tried to meticulously cut off a specific limb, but more like he got hit by a massive attack.

And regarding which commander Kid fought, I only see two real possibilities: Snack and Cracker and personally I'm more inclined to believe it was the latter. Again Kid was rather specific in saying he injured a commander, not beaten, and even though injuring doesn't automatically equate to a scar, it would rather be unoda-ish to not make a subtle reference to this by leaving one. And who has the most noticeable scar among the commanders? Cracker. But there's another reason why I consider him the most likely candidate, namely he's the one that seems to keep a low profile the most by permanently wearing that biscuit-armor of his, which also has a scar.

I can imagine Kid was able to dent the armor and then saw an opportunity to escape when his heist-objective was fulfilled.
Manga does say Kidd apoo and Hawkins went before urouge

Snack was sent to deal with urouge so I'm sure he dealt with the others. And cracker has had his scar. Look at his bounty poster

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Snack was sent to deal with urouge so I'm sure he dealt with the others. And cracker has had his scar. Look at his bounty poster
The manga doesn't say anything about the order of which they each arrived in BM's territory. Unless you remember a different panel than 837
Also the manga doesn't say Hawkins was with Kid or Apoo when they were in WCI. That's also why I think Kid was allied with Apoo and either Bege or Urouge at WCI but they either joined BM in Bege's cae or Left after the fight in Urouge's case leading Kid and Apoo to reach out to Hawkins.

Snack was sent to deal with Urouge but was defeated and Cracker was sent so if Urouge did in fact arrive first the other 3 would have all had to face Cracker. Snack's obviously the first line but that doesn't prove he was still in commission during all of their instances.

The bounty poster is the only evidence to suggest it might not have been Cracker that Kid fought.

Last edited:

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The manga doesn't say anything about the order of which they each arrived in BM's territory. Unless you remember a different panel than 837

Snack was sent to deal with Urouge but was defeated and Cracker was sent so if Urouge did in fact arrive first the other 3 would have all had to face Cracker. Snack's obviously the first line but that doesn't prove he was still in comission during all of their instances.

The bounty poster is the only evidence to suggest it might not have been Cracker that Kid fought.
When brulee talks to the shs, she specifically mentions that kid, apoo, and Hawkins we're sent packing and that urouge was the only one capable of defeating a sweet commander.

I don't see brulee mentioning them first if they didn't go there first. Plus, what's the point in urouge going and defeating a commander before any other supernova, and than when the other supernova do fight a commander they all loose despite urouge being able to defeat one, even before them

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When brulee talks to the shs, she specifically mentions that kid, apoo, and Hawkins we're sent packing and that urouge was the only one capable of defeating a sweet commander.

I don't see brulee mentioning them first if they didn't go there first. Plus, what's the point in urouge going and defeating a commander before any other supernova, and than when the other supernova do fight a commander they all loose despite urouge being able to defeat one, even before them
She never mentions Hawkins. She says Apoo, Kid, Bege and Urouge. You're attributing Hawkins being there to his alliance with Kid at the end of Dressrosa but we have no idea how long they've been partnered up and the Worst Gen has had an extra two years of sailing. We don't even know when Kid went to BM's territory.

What do you mean what's the point? To showcase other characters strengths? You mean why portray Urouge so much stronger? Idk that's Oda I wouldn't know, he had a bit of a similar showing at Sabaody though, doing better against Kizaru than the others.

Who she mentions first isn't really relevant, that's you looking for any supporting evidence you can find but in reality it's just the order Oda put the words down.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

We only know that there's a two-year time frame in which all of this happened and that it's implied Urogue was still very recently. That's about it. And it's not because Snack dealt with Urogue that he was the one who also dealt with all the others. There are a lot of factors involved that can determine who got sent out, in particular who is the closest. We know many islands are governed by BM's children and I find it questionable that all of them (Urogue, Kid, Apoo...) decided to trespass in the exact same way and place.

So that Snack dealt with Urogue means little and I don't get why you're bringing up the wanted poster as we know the pictures can change over time. Heck you can even reason that the last time Cracker had his bounty increased and photo taken, was because he repelled one or more invasions of the Supernova's.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Denting that armor wont give that scar as Cracker had no effects on him when he was wearing that armor.

The only way Kid can give that scar is by hitting him when his armor is broken by someone.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

We cant just assume that Kid managed to break Crackers armor, harm the real Cracker and then make a run for it. I find that scenario highly unlikely since Crackers armor can regenerate over and over again. That was preciously the reason why Luffy was eating it and running away from him the whole time.
Also for all we know Kid could have thought he injured Cracker after seeing "blood" come out him but we all know that Crackers armor has jam instead of blood.

Again Snack makes more sense. Just read his words! Its like he is suffering from supernova ptsd...
You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Skull Knight

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Denting that armor wont give that scar as Cracker had no effects on him when he was wearing that armor.

The only way Kid can give that scar is by hitting him when his armor is broken by someone.
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I never said that Cracker got that scar purely from having his armor dented; I was explaining several scenarios and it doesn't really matter which one might be true as they all lead to the same thing.

Kid said he injured a commander. He also explained his purpose was to steal something, not to necessarily win fights. And who has the most noticeable traces of a wound on him? Cracker himself, but his armor also has a scar on its face. The fact that he can create those armors on a whim and that he finds it necessary to add that scar to it, both speak in favor of him as he can cover up any kind of damage done to the armor, but at the same time he found it necessary to add that scar to it. Why? Might be just cosmetic, but considering he hates physical harm and that he prides himself in his anonymity, I think it has more to do with realism.

If you add to that Kid's objective, having the scenario where he and Cracker fought and the former bolted when he damaged the armor, is easy imaginable.

We cant just assume that Kid managed to break Crackers armor, harm the real Cracker and then make a run for it. I find that scenario highly unlikely since Crackers armor can regenerate over and over again. That was preciously the reason why Luffy was eating it and running away from him the whole time.
Also for all we know Kid could have thought he injured Cracker after seeing "blood" come out him but we all know that Crackers armor has jam instead of blood.

Again Snack makes more sense. Just read his words! Its like he is suffering from supernova ptsd...
As I just said I brought forth several scenarios, not only Kid breaking Crackers armor, and I didn't assume any of them. I merely explained that all of them are very well possible seen the circumstances taking into consideration a multitude of factors.

Also Kid vs Cracker is not the same fight as Luffy vs Cracker. Two different characters, two different powers and two different fighting styles. Especially that we do not know the extend of Kid's magnetic power post time-skip is important. For example Cracker is a swordsman, which isn't the best match for a magnetic user.

And I already explained why him being able to regenerate is also something that works in favor of him and not against. The fact that your last sentence is exactly something I already mentioned, makes me think you didn't interpret my previous post correctly either. I mean Kid believing he injured Cracker or actually injuring makes no difference as the point is that it was still Cracker.

Snack on the other hand has far less going for him. That's almost completely based on him fighting Urouge and assuming that it's him that gets send out each time is quite a stretch considering the size of the territory. The panel you just posted is also quite laughable as literally the only thing he just said was "the worst generation". That's it and it's not weird for him to react like that as he lost his position as commander due to losing to a Supernova and now another one is causing a ruckus. It has happened several times in the series that the Supernova got jumbled together. Not to mention that looks more cutesy than PTSD.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t think the SC Kidd supposedly injured was Cracker, it was probably Snack. Cracker hadn’t even been harmed for quite some time until his battle with Luffy.

You could say that Kidd could have injured the biscuit soldier and ran away but it’s not clear one way or another.

But it being Cracker sounds incredibly unlikely given his pain tolerance and the fact that it’s extremely hard to hit the real Cracker with the way he regenerates clones instantly.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I never said that Cracker got that scar purely from having his armor dented; I was explaining several scenarios and it doesn't really matter which one might be true as they all lead to the same thing.

Kid said he injured a commander. He also explained his purpose was to steal something, not to necessarily win fights. And who has the most noticeable traces of a wound on him? Cracker himself, but his armor also has a scar on its face. The fact that he can create those armors on a whim and that he finds it necessary to add that scar to it, both speak in favor of him as he can cover up any kind of damage done to the armor, but at the same time he found it necessary to add that scar to it. Why? Might be just cosmetic, but considering he hates physical harm and that he prides himself in his anonymity, I think it has more to do with realism.

If you add to that Kid's objective, having the scenario where he and Cracker fought and the former bolted when he damaged the armor, is easy imaginable.
Problem is if kid really broke his armor n left a scar like that on Cracker than the words like" i can't believe a scrub like u will break my armor"(Cracker to Luffy) makes no sense at all.
As both kid n luffy comes from same generation with almost same lvl of bounty.

Even if kid don't want to continue the fight then also it would turn into a full fledged fight as Cracker can make an army of those biscuits soldier n send it towards him.
Also the way he said very few guys have seen him also suggest that only family members have seen him.
And he might have got the scar when he was a kid(as we saw most of the BMs kids are like psycho) which he later incorporated in his armor to make it look realistic.

I never saw that Snack panel. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.