9💸
Kumi
-245💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Ha"

One Piece Manga Chapter 924 Discussion and 925 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 924 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 925

BEGIN READING IT SOMEWHERE @ NOWHERE

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: Michelle

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
One of the best chapter of this arc, so there are kabuki act plays oda is adopting.

Act 1 finished with luffy and kid meeting at prison .

So luffy is one shotted after all to bad , well noted even in unconsicous he has COC .

Kid has conqerors haki as well thats a good twist so we have 2 of the supernova who has it. Make sense kidd will luffys rival eventually .

Law got hit by seastone nail to bad so he will be ineffectively out untill he meets a person who is a craftsmen .

What is oden promise ? Kinemon hiding away from tsuru is something more to it.

It was funny to watch robin , ussop and franky s reaction lmao for intensifying chapter they made subtle humour. Now everyone will know luffy and others are there.

Why is kaido worried about info of
pirates in wano. Also meaning behind "break their spirits" this suggests to me he is probably after COC users to create giant war he is after.

Act 1 finish waiting for Act 2 of the wano country !!

My rating :5/5

Reactions: Michelle and Exjoey

Noizecreep

Kin
48💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Another fantastic chapter! This is naturally going the way that it was obvious it should. A lot of people doubted Oda or were worried about what he was doing, but this makes perfect sense plot-wise for Luffy to have faced Kaido early on, get stomped and then end up meeting Kidd in prison.

Now we are in the second act of the Kabuki play, this will be the 'break' where everyone regroups and decides how to proceed after this upset. The advantage now is that they can continue their plans in secret without having to worry about Luffy running all over the place and getting them all noticed!

How they will actually defeat Kaido is yet to be seen, but I'm subscribing more and more to the theory that Big Mom will turn up and cause some havoc. My issue is that there is no way that Luffy can spend his time training before facing Kaido again, because he's in jail - so I don't see it being as straightforward as 'Gets beat - trains and powers up - beats enemy' It would be more plausible that someone turns up and causes a skirmish, and Luffy + Kidd are broken out of prison in the confusion. But I'm sure that they will then join in the fight - no way is Luffy gonna walk away from this one. The fact that he was glaring at Kaido while unconscious says it all really!

The faces of Franky, Robin and Usopp are just priceless! I tried to look up if this was related in some way to the Kabuki theme, and I found something called 'Mie' - a type of pose that Kabuki actors adopt during the climax of a particularly important part of the performance, with exaggerated facial expressions.

I could be wrong though, as the SH's faces are waaay more exaggerated than a standard Mie pose but that could just be Oda doin things his way as usual haha!

Really love the way that this arc has played out so far - honestly it's a real work of art! Shame that Toei will screw it all up once it's animated.... I'll still watch it anyway though lol.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another fantastic chapter! This is naturally going the way that it was obvious it should. A lot of people doubted Oda or were worried about what he was doing, but this makes perfect sense plot-wise for Luffy to have faced Kaido early on, get stomped and then end up meeting Kidd in prison.

Now we are in the second act of the Kabuki play, this will be the 'break' where everyone regroups and decides how to proceed after this upset. The advantage now is that they can continue their plans in secret without having to worry about Luffy running all over the place and getting them all noticed!

How they will actually defeat Kaido is yet to be seen, but I'm subscribing more and more to the theory that Big Mom will turn up and cause some havoc. My issue is that there is no way that Luffy can spend his time training before facing Kaido again, because he's in jail - so I don't see it being as straightforward as 'Gets beat - trains and powers up - beats enemy' It would be more plausible that someone turns up and causes a skirmish, and Luffy + Kidd are broken out of prison in the confusion. But I'm sure that they will then join in the fight - no way is Luffy gonna walk away from this one. The fact that he was glaring at Kaido while unconscious says it all really!

The faces of Franky, Robin and Usopp are just priceless! I tried to look up if this was related in some way to the Kabuki theme, and I found something called 'Mie' - a type of pose that Kabuki actors adopt during the climax of a particularly important part of the performance, with exaggerated facial expressions.

I could be wrong though, as the SH's faces are waaay more exaggerated than a standard Mie pose but that could just be Oda doin things his way as usual haha!

Really love the way that this arc has played out so far - honestly it's a real work of art! Shame that Toei will screw it all up once it's animated.... I'll still watch it anyway though lol.
The word "Ha" in kabuki play signifies there will be Three parts of the play.

Originally part of jo-ha-kyu is three dans of theatra play.

So we have four/five acts of this part like oda indirectly hinted by this chapter.

The First Act is jo -drama build up

Ha - 2nd ,3rd,4th play

Final is kyu the third dan where the climax of the arc will take place.

So we are in second Dan of play "Ha" , we will have three acts of play where major events of wano arc will take place.

Noizecreep

Kin
48💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also - I wonder who is in that other jail cell?

One of the guards refers to him looking like a 'Croco-Shark'? And someone with poison resistance evidently.

It could be a character we haven't met yet such as one of Oden's other retainers, or maybe it's supposed to be someone we've already seen in the story?

And hopefully Franky is learning how to work with Seastone - if he can craft weapons for the straw hats, especially for himself and Usopp, that would be an awesome power-up!

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Also - I wonder who is in that other jail cell?

One of the guards refers to him looking like a 'Croco-Shark'? And someone with poison resistance evidently.

It could be a character we haven't met yet such as one of Oden's other retainers, or maybe it's supposed to be someone we've already seen in the story?

And hopefully Franky is learning how to work with Seastone - if he can craft weapons for the straw hats, especially for himself and Usopp, that would be an awesome power-up!
He is probabl one of the samurai retainers whom we saw in the cover page with corcus . Maybe kaido found and jailed him it would make good fitting to the storyline .

Reactions: Noizecreep

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What a fantastic ending, so simple yet so clean.

I wonder if the person/thing in the cage is Oden or one of the other 3 Kinemon mentioned finding since they found Ashura Doji already.

I never really cared to get background on Kid but now I feel like if we don't it'd be weird, anyone with CoC should have their past explained I feel.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now think if anyone such even Kaidou could use Haoshoku if he was unconscious.
I think kaido observed something peculiar about luffy .

I dont understand the context JB translation looks rusty

MS here states what kaido says " This kid ? Even though he is unconscious he is able to stare at me "

My theory is CoC has different version, kaido knows a lot about conquerors haki , maybe luffys coc is similar to rogers /shanks .

Kaido def wanted luffys "spirit" to break , there is connection related to conqueror with will or something.

Reactions: Skull Knight

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was definitely an interesting chapter n there were few things i noticed:
1) Kaido saying why Luffy still looking at him when he was already unconscious.
2)Conqueror Haki working even when the user is ko'd was also strange.

Oda also introduce 2 new guys:
1) the shark-crocodile guy which we will see soon
2)the guy/girl in mask which came at the end
Both of these guys probably will play a role in there escape n topple Kaido- Orochi regime.

Thing that still bugging me the most is that Oda not bringing Moria in this arc. He should be one of the biggest ally of luffy in this arc considering the fact that he n Kaido had a long beef n doffy also tried to assassinate him at MF most probably on Kaidos order. He could also boost Luffys G4 most probably with shadows of dead Samurais. So i m kinda disappointed that Oda hasnt used his potential so far in this arc.
Second thing which i m not liking in this arc is that he still hasn't shown other Calamities. This was supposed to be a big war sort of arc. But here they haven't been introduced. I fear they will also have a smoothie sort of treatment in which we couldn't even see there potential.

It was still a good chapter. I will rate it 4/5.

Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Next act of story

Zoro will meet xdrakeor Appo most likely

Orochi will make his appearance .

Ussop and the trio will change the plan. Seeing they are now hunted flower capital will be on alert. With luffy out of action i think the rest of crew member can plan out well.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I also feel SHs need to up there game now. They are in NW n basically they are always running (PH, Dressrosa, Cake island).

We already heard Roger's crew had like 4 guys with Conqueror Haki(Roger, Oden, Shanks n Rayleigh) on the other hand only luffy has kings haki. I think its high time Oda needs to give something of that sort to Zoro too.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I also feel SHs need to up there game now. They are in NW n basically they are always running (PH, Dressrosa, Cake island).

We already heard Roger's crew had like 4 guys with Conqueror Haki(Roger, Oden, Shanks n Rayleigh) on the other hand only luffy has kings haki. I think its high time Oda needs to give something of that sort to Zoro too.
Zoro and sanji most probably the two candidates i see they will have kings haki .

However i want ussop to own it he deserves it seeing he had the best development so far in new world.

Agreed so far SH have always been shown as escapist . With powerful enemy chasing after them and they can no longer hide they will now get required progress.

Chopper, franky and robin really needs it a lot they have been neglected most of the times .

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Zoro and sanji most probably the two candidates i see they will have kings haki .

However i want ussop to own it he deserves it seeing he had the best development so far in new world.

Agreed so far SH have always been shown as escapist . With powerful enemy chasing after them and they can no longer hide they will now get required progress.

Chopper, franky and robin really needs it a lot they have been neglected most of the times .
Yeah series is 70% over n last few arcs we rarely saw SHs in real action. There were few fights like Luffy vs Doffy/Cracker/Katakuri that i agree but others didn't got much of a chance to shine at all.
And with this chapter i m starting to see why people laugh when Luffy says he gonna become PK.
He n his crew is no where near to the lvl of a Yonko crew.
Oda needs to really work on Sanji, Zoro n other SHs. Otherwise the power gap will be huge n then it will be hard for him to fill that gap.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
God, I love this chapter. I don't even know where to start.

The dynamic between Luffy, Kaidou and Kidd is out of this world. It's oozing out of the chapter. Never expected Kidd to have the CoQ and I'm excited to see how this is going to influence the story. I always found it weird that Kidd never received much development, while he was originally introduced as even being more worth than Luffy.

Seastone originates from Wano? The origin of seastone is the same place that produced the poneglyph. Never understood this weird connection between samurai and stonemasons, but this gives it much more depth. It's weird though as at certain points seastone is portrayed as incredibly rare, but on other occasions it looks like the WG has tons of it if they can plate their entire armada with it.

As expected Shutenmaru is Ashura and the mysterious poisoned fish-eater is likely the 2nd of the threesome samurai they're looking for. It's a good time in the story to introduce another one.

Lol Franky's was somewhat unexpected, Robin's I really didn't see coming, but with Usopp I was like "meh, not much different than his usual expressions" xd

And last but not least: the mysterious fox-mask lady. She's been bugging me ever since they arrived at Wano. I really hope that's a real character and not some supposed fourth-wall breaker.

Where can I read it? That link for some odd reason I cannot click it
That's because there isn't any link. To avoid being blacklisted by google, links and references to media that host illegal content, are for now a no-go.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
God, I love this chapter. I don't even know where to start.

The dynamic between Luffy, Kaidou and Kidd is out of this world. It's oozing out of the chapter. Never expected Kidd to have the CoQ and I'm excited to see how this is going to influence the story. I always found it weird that Kidd never received much development, while he was originally introduced as even being more worth than Luffy.

Seastone originates from Wano? The origin of seastone is the same place that produced the poneglyph. Never understood this weird connection between samurai and stonemasons, but this gives it much more depth. It's weird though as at certain points seastone is portrayed as incredibly rare, but on other occasions it looks like the WG has tons of it if they can plate their entire armada with it.

As expected Shutenmaru is Ashura and the mysterious poisoned fish-eater is likely the 2nd of the threesome samurai they're looking for. It's a good time in the story to introduce another one.

Lol Franky's was somewhat unexpected, Robin's I really didn't see coming, but with Usopp I was like "meh, not much different than his usual expressions" xd

And last but not least: the mysterious fox-mask lady. She's been bugging me ever since they arrived at Wano. I really hope that's a real character and not some supposed fourth-wall breaker.

That's because there isn't any link. To avoid being blacklisted by google, links and references to media that host illegal content, are for now a no-go.
Watch the girl in the mask be Momo's sister or Toki herself.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I remember her from that moment when Zoro cut that official, I think you even talked about her in the chapter thread about it. She's getting way too much panel time to be irrelevant.

Digging the kabuki vibe, also funny contrast to the Disney musical theme of WCI.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember her from that moment when Zoro cut that official, I think you even talked about her in the chapter thread about it. She's getting way too much panel time to be irrelevant.

Digging the kabuki vibe, also funny contrast to the Disney musical theme of WCI.
Yeah that was her, now I'm starting to wonder if she's even really at the scene though or if she's just part of the story telling like the curtain as Cali said.

Status
Not open for further replies.