Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The action seems to be short. Oda should have continued the action for at least another chapter.
You guys are also missing the point that Luffy thinks half of his crew n kinemon is dead. So that sort of reaction was expected from Luffy.
Let's also not forget that Oda is setting this so that one of the guys(Luffy or Law) can meet Kidd. I still believe Luffy has a chance to escape as Shutenmaru is still there n maybe Law will be the one who surrenders n in that process saves Luffy.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Elite
Kin
6,184💸
Kumi
29💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am sure that Oda will do an assouline move and let Luffy win against Kaido. This is in the end just a hype chapter.
Yeah no one thought he could solo Katakuri so I'm not surprised if he can beat a yonko in a team now even though Kaido is said to be the strongest....

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well damn, not what I expected... Luffy getting one shot like that in G4?? How in the hell are we supposed to seriously believe there is any logical way for the alliance to beat Kaido when he one shots Boundman like that? I hope Oda knows what he is doing.

I don't mind this huge L at all, Luffy needs to take a backseat for a good while so other people can shine. I guess Luffy and Kid will both be locked up in that cell until the day of the fire festival, allowing the others to get stronger in the meantime, which is fine since Luffy wont be taking fights from the others.

Now I can finally feel some tension, it's going to be nice seeing the rest of the alliance hold it down for once

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Damn, Luffy got the Pirate King slapped out of him. I'm so happy this happened, because he was running his mouth way too much. "I should've gone with her", "we'll beat Kaidou when he's partying". Luffy has both feet back on the ground again. I'm a little annoyed that he needed a reality check this soon after his clash with Big Mom. Pedro's death should've been a fresh reminder that messing with yonkou results into tears.
Luffy is doing his usual stuff. He was worried about that town.

He never cared about Shichibukais, Yonkos or Admirals in first place. He has closely seen the power of Yonkos and Admirals at MF, PH and even before that also. He had already faced Aokiji, Z, Mihawk and other Admirals too. It didn't stopped him challenging BM. So what makes you think he will stop at Kaido. Its like saying Sanji will stop trusting women since he got betrayed twice(Violet and Pudding).

And Pedro's death isn't Luffy's fault. He already lost a huge chunk of his life thanks to BM and there was a line where he said he will be the one to decide where he dies.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Luffy is doing his usual stuff. He was worried about that town.

He never cared about Shichibukais, Yonkos or Admirals in first place. He has closely seen the power of Yonkos and Admirals at MF, PH and even before that also. He had already faced Aokiji, Z, Mihawk and other Admirals too. It didn't stopped him challenging BM. So what makes you think he will stop at Kaido. Its like saying Sanji will stop trusting women since he got betrayed twice(Violet and Pudding).

And Pedro's death isn't Luffy's fault. He already lost a huge chunk of his life thanks to BM and there was a line where he said he will be the one to decide where he dies.
Dude, ever heard about reading between the lines and not taking everything at face value. Makes One Piece 20x better. You clearly don't get what I was saying, why argue it then ?

I know Luffy is this brash guy who storms in when he feels the need to. Never said that he wasn't. The point is that after doing just this a day before against Big Mom Pedro died in order for them to get away. Linking that Pedro panel is cute but where is the link to Big Mom saying "Sanji not returning is the worst thing that could happen ? Do you think no one is going to die ?" That is Oda whispering in your ear, pay attention in order for Sanji to return to the crew there will be blood. It was Pedro's.

They failed miserably with the assassination attempt on Big Mom after a 'perfect plan' and now they made the exact same plan to go after Kaidou. I don't care how care free and unimpressed is about stronger foes, that is just stupid and that will get more friends killed.

Luffy needs some development and learn that his actions have consequences on this stage. Even after beating a yonkou there is the consequence of having a giant target on your back for the next yonkou, the WG, the navy and all pirates who want to fill the power vacuum.

Kaidou said it best, Luffy is playing little pirates games. It's time to get to the big leagues, and I hope this knock out will have him realize that.

Reactions: Exjoey
Status
Not open for further replies.