Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even if I was expecting Oda to follow the Reverie and the Wano-plot simultaneously, it's quite surprising he suddenly jumped into it.

Most intriguing part for me was the woman with the fox mask playing an instrument. Might just have been a bit of coloring for the background, but she seemed to be reacting on the moment Zoro made his move.

Guys how impressive was Zoro's speed in this chapter?
He was like sitting in one panel and in the next panel he just slashed that guy in like in a second!
He is fast, but in the end he only rotated his body, though the panel makes it look like he crossed a distance.

Looks like my theory on Moria taking Ryuma isn't too far off
You must be registered for see images
I don't really get either what you're trying to say exactly and I read what you wrote. Ryuuma died centuries ago and at some point in time Moria robbed his corpse (and sword). This chapter just indicates that happened most likely 23 years ago. So I'm not sure which direction you're going with this.

Didn’t Oda have a separate series about Wano?
He had a spin off of Ryuma called: "Monsters", One piece references some events that happened in his one shot like the dragon he fought.

That wasn't really a spin-off as these short stories date from before OP got serialized. One of the stories functioned even as the pilot chapter of OP and Oda decided to recycle one of them as a historical event in the OP mythos.

Last edited:

Zorø

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very interesting chapter. Marco's a doctor now :) it.makes sense because of his phoenix powers its cool to know he can heal other people could maybe possibly come in handy someday?. My boy ZoLoooooo!!! returns looking like a mother friggin G in that traditional samurai attire good to see that hes back. And whitebeards little backstory was a nice touch that last panel alone makes this chapter a 5/5 ;) wano is beautiful.

Reactions: LBeezy
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even I was expecting Oda to follow the Reverie and the Wano-plot simultaneously, it's quite surprising he suddenly jumped into it.

Most intriguing part for me was the woman with the fox mask playing an instrument. Might just have been a bit of coloring for the background, but she seemed to be reacting on the moment Zoro made his move.

He is fast, but in the end he only rotated his body, though the panel makes it look like he crossed a distance.

I don't really get either what you're trying to say exactly and I read what you wrote. Ryuuma died centuries ago and at some point in time Moria robbed his corpse (and sword). This chapter just indicates that happened most likely 23 years ago. So I'm not sure which direction you're going with this.

That wasn't really a spin-off as these short stories date from before OP got serialized. One of the stories functioned even as the pilot chapter of OP and Oda decided to recycle one of them as a historical event in the OP mythos.
He did move a distance. He didn't just turned. Go back and reread, you always got something to disagree about with someone for literally no reason.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He did move a distance. He didn't just turned. Go back and reread, you always got something to disagree about with someone for literally no reason.
ouch, if you want to make a point and lecture someone about it. At least make sure you're right about it. You are the one who has to reread my friend.

The guy who he cut was on the opposite side of the patio the entire time. Zoro was alone with the executioner on his own side. So Caliburn is right. Zoro only got up and did some kind of twist and cut. He didn't cross the patio.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ouch, if you want to make a point and lecture someone about it. At least make sure you're right about it. You are the one who has to reread my friend.

The guy who he cut was on the opposite side of the patio the entire time. Zoro was alone with the executioner on his own side. So Caliburn is right. Zoro only got up and did some kind of twist and cut. He didn't cross the patio.
But he did as he is no longer on the patio or in the house wtf so you need to go reread as well

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But he did as he is no longer on the patio or in the house wtf so you need to go reread as well
Ok, you're a stupid troll, should've caught that the first time.

I'll post the pages here so that everyone else can see too that you're making a fool out of yourself.

Here you look over Zoro's shoulder over the sand in the middle, to the guy with the sword on the deck in front of the house. Showing you Zoro is on a separate platform opposite of him. Zoro is alone with the executioner on a cloth with a dish next to him that holds the seppuku blade.

Here you see that the the only thing that traveled is Zoro's cut, since Zoro is still on the cloth with the dish next to him. Cut in the ground, onto the stairs, across the patio and into the house.

Lmao wtf are these guys reading, idc how he did it, but zoro went from point a to point b and it was fast. Lmfao
He went from point A in a sitting position to point A in a standing position. But he did it pretty fast.

Last edited:

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, you're a stupid troll, should've caught that the first time.

I'll post the pages here so that everyone else can see too that you're making a fool out of yourself.

Here you look over Zoro's shoulder over the sand in the middle, to the guy with the sword on the deck in front of the house. Showing you Zoro is on a separate platform opposite of him. Zoro is alone with the executioner on a cloth with a dish next to him that holds the seppuku blade.

Here you see that the the only thing that traveled is Zoro's cut, since Zoro is still on the cloth with the dish next to him. Cut in the ground, onto the stairs, across the patio and into the house.

He went from point A in a sitting position to point A in a standing position. But he did it pretty fast.
Not even standing lol, he just went into crouch and slashed that shit! xD

Still cool though... What gripes me is that he intended to cause a ruckus in this way? Why not just dispose of whoever caught you rather than make such a scene... Oda just hyping in a stupid way imo, hope he reveals a bit more background as to how he's gotten into that situation.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Great... another chapter to make zoro look cool. I’m disappointed.
This whole arc is likely to be a Zoro BJ arc.

Guys how impressive was Zoro's speed in this chapter?
He was like sitting in one panel and in the next panel he just slashed that guy in like in a second!
He could do this since Whiskey Peak.

StrawHats aliases are hilarious, specially O-Robi <3 ... If Marco is worried that the village could be attacked, he shouldn't stay in it. I don't know if the village could be found by enemies to begin with. Sounds like we can confirm Marco's joinage to the team to bring down Kaidou.
Marco mentions that Weevil is going after everything affiliated with WB in search of his inheritance. Meaning he's gonna end up at that island whether Marco is there or not, and he won't let him destroy it.

So far I liked all Orlumbus' cover story but this was like a filler cover story. Could've at least gotten him on the island.

This chapter felt like a double chapter to me, first the whole backstory on Whitebeard which was already awesome with Dr. Marco. Looks like Oda is tying in Weevil in that island story line. I wonder who will stay behind to protect the place. I'm not really sure why Marco would agree to come so easily for a cause that doesn't concern him very much when there is something at stake for him to protect. Maybe he sees Luffy as his last chance to topple Blackbeard in the long run.

Second part of the chapter was great. Finally the reveal of the island. It's just as Japanese as everyone expected and more. It's so strange that Oda keeps getting away with off paneling the half of the main cast for almost 2 years and everybody loves it. Great to see Franky, Usopp and Robin again. As expected of Robin she doesn't have trouble blending in a new role. But Franky and Usopp stick to what they know. Franky's senior with the nails in his mouth is a funny character, I hope we get more of him.

Finally Zoro is in an interesting spot. If it was the mission for all of them to blend in. I wonder how he got found out so quick with his swords. The seppuku scene was intense and Zoro looked badass in every panel. I was wondering what Oda was going to pull, didn't expect him to blow the cover in the same chapter it was introduced.

It was hinted that Kaidou has the same kind of intel Big Mom has. So any incidents will reach him immediately. So if the jig is up in chapter 2 of the Wano arc, I wonder how that will play out. I would've liked it if they could've showed us Wano in a calm state first. Let's hope this arc will be great for Zoro and his backstory and his character, I love the japanese and samurai/ronin stories so I'm pumped for Wano.

EDIT:

I wonder how this fits in the timeline, is this going on during the Reverie ? I know Wano is very secluded so if shit hits the fan info might not reach the outside world for much later. On the other hand Luffy and Big Mom aren't being very subtle about it and are screaming Kaidou as loud as they can, so it wouldn't probably matter anyway.

Also I think we finally have finally have the romanization of Kaidou's island and it looks like it's Wano afteral and not Wa. So the pun still exists but it's not as literal anymore.
They say it's going on during the Reverie.

Status
Not open for further replies.