Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, where did I say that Naruto and Bleach have better fights than One Piece? Naruto had like one or two good fights, like the fight between Jiraya and the six Peins, and the fight between Bee and Kisame. Bleach follows in the same vein: Ichigo vs Ulquiorra - was a fking Bloodfest (I loved that shit), Kenpachi vs the 6th Espada, and Ichigo vs Ginjo were the few battles I liked in Bleach; however, One Piece, to me feels like Oda never tries to make his battles feel as complete - some battles are amazing, like Ace vs BB, and Sanji vs Vergo; However, most other battles feel half-assed and a drag. AND I DON'T LIKE IT!
I never said anything about the quality of the manga or the fights. I said you're barking up the wrong tree because this is not the fighting genre, this is an adventure story. The quality of the fights is secondary to the world building and the story telling.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't understand why Chopper went to monster point for no reason?
Struggles at desperate times.
This chapter made Big Mom looks like a complete and utter fool. SAD :L
Congrats on almost 900 chapters Mr."sucks at doing battles" Oda.
Are you saying that non of the battles in One Piece impressed you?

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, where did I say that Naruto and Bleach have better fights than One Piece? Naruto had like one or two good fights, like the fight between Jiraya and the six Peins, and the fight between Bee and Kisame. Bleach follows in the same vein: Ichigo vs Ulquiorra - was a fking Bloodfest (I loved that shit), Kenpachi vs the 6th Espada, and Ichigo vs Ginjo were the few battles I liked in Bleach; however, One Piece, to me feels like Oda never tries to make his battles feel as complete - some battles are amazing, like Ace vs BB, and Sanji vs Vergo; However, most other battles feel half-assed and a drag. AND I DON'T LIKE IT!
Sanji vs Vergo?? Yeah I know it was fun seeing Sanji get the fodder treatment and but how was that fight amazing?

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This arc is very half assed and I’m ready for it to be over. It does have some good things but I’m upset that sanji hasn’t had any chance to show any combat skill or growth

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This arc is very half assed and I’m ready for it to be over. It does have some good things but I’m upset that sanji hasn’t had any chance to show any combat skill or growth
Are you kidding me on the growth part ? He had an entire year of backstory. Dealt with his past, earned respect from his family, sacrificed himself for the crew, bonded with Luffy, found love and now he made the cake that will get Big Mom of their backs.

He didn't have a big fight but who cares if you have an arc like this ? He was the center of attention for over a year. His fights will come, but this was better.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If anyone is still interested, in regards to Pudding's age Oda confirmed on Twitter that Flambe is the 36th daughter, not the 33rd and thus she's younger than Pudding (35th daughter). MS has also edited the chapter.

~Naruto&Itachi~

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If anyone is still interested, in regards to Pudding's age Oda confirmed on Twitter that Flambe is the 36th daughter, not the 33rd and thus she's younger than Pudding (35th daughter). MS has also edited the chapter.
That was close, I thought we were gonna need to do that "Time's Up" thing for Sanji.....

OT: 4/5 great chapter, I wanna join Katakuri's fanclub....

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not familiar with Japanese, is 33 and 36 a common/easy to make mix up? Basically I'm asking is this a bad translation or is this a retcon, do we know?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not familiar with Japanese, is 33 and 36 a common/easy to make mix up? Basically I'm asking is this a bad translation or is this a retcon, do we know?
Japanese numbers are pretty easy.

San-jû-san (Basically three ten - three)
San-jû-roku (Basically three ten - six)

So there is no way that it was a translation mistake. He probably confused himself with all the different Big Mom kids he made.

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Are you kidding me on the growth part ? He had an entire year of backstory. Dealt with his past, earned respect from his family, sacrificed himself for the crew, bonded with Luffy, found love and now he made the cake that will get Big Mom of their backs.

He didn't have a big fight but who cares if you have an arc like this ? He was the center of attention for over a year. His fights will come, but this was better.
Relax bro I meant growth in fighting skill. That’s what I want to see Oda has been sleeping on him

Status
Not open for further replies.