Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ironic since Oda never said it was canon and the manga directly contradicts it being canon.
The only irony in this post is that you use the word irony without knowing what irony is.

So far the manga didn't contradict any of the statements in the movie.

Oda never said it wasn't canon either, what Oda did say was very very specifically who and when cut off Z's arm when there was no need to. So you can go sit on your thumb again and believe whatever you want. I'll just stick to what Oda has to say.

If you think you can lecture people here about what is and isn't canon based on your own ungrounded believes you're just an egocentric narcissistic blabbermouth that's in it for the attention or because you just like to hear yourself talk.

Skylar Knight

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only irony in this post is that you use the word irony without knowing what irony is.

Oda never said it wasn't canon either, what Oda did say was very very specifically who and when cut off Z's arm when there was no need to. So you can go sit on your thumb again and believe whatever you want. I'll just stick to what Oda has to say.

If you think you can lecture people here about what is and isn't canon based on your own ungrounded believes you're just an egocentric narcissistic blabbermouth that's in it for the attention or because you just like to hear yourself talk.
You sound like a defensive little sh*t who constantly needs to resort to insults to get your point across.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️

Shut up already. What's the point of throwing an insult in every post?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You sound like a defensive little sh*t who constantly needs to resort to insults to get your point across.
Just to the people who refuse to listen/read.

If you would do me a favor and scroll back to where Riker Slade actually tells us where he debunks this theory based on manga facts then please let me know, because so far I'm only being harassed by an offensive bigger sh*t that takes his own theory for facts.

This chapter did 2 things:

1) Gave Weevil an cutting weapon to further feed the Z theory
2) Didn't throw off the timeline that was established by Oda in the movie

So I'm not bowing down for someone who keeps throwing around untruths.

If there is any evidence for the case that the 7th shichibukai isn't the one who cut off Z's arm, I will take it and accept it. How is this different from any other theory floating around in this section, this one actually has some meat to the bones and isn't made out of thin air. The only difference is that this comes from a movie, overseen by Oda, and some purists here can't allow that as canon only because it's a movie.

In the end it comes out of the same pen that writes the manga.

Bottom line, give me something that proves Weevil wasn't the one chopping off that arm or just don't bother to keep replying to me. Because I indeed will respond like a defensive little sh*t.

Shut up already. What's the point of throwing an insult in every post?
Ah look did you also smell blood in the water and decided to jump the bandwagon. I can't remember ever having a discussion with you that ended in you being right. So keep your grudge out of this thread.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
Ah look did you also smell blood in the water and decided to jump the bandwagon. I can't remember ever having a discussion with you that ended in you being right. So keep your grudge out of this thread.
No you don't because you blocked me when no one agreed with your point but agreed with mine. Lol

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) weeble? Really oda? You could up with nothing better? Heck i can think of 1000 better names for him! If you squint you can manage a strange image from him. "Half whitebeard, half blackbeard & half Orlumbus"
2) dont think his really whitebeards son. The old hag is manipulating him. Plus whitebeard is famous because he never abandons his family!!
3) holy shit indeed, that mammoth is massive!
Tbh, upon looking at it . It reminded me of a giant turtle island from naruto. The turtle could fly and shit
Lol
4) The bartho club pirates seriously need more members including cook, navigator/helsman, and doctor. I too am surprised how survived till now [they just call a friend, like they be on "who wants to be on a millionaire" XD
5) Kizaru looking sk as usual & the fact that kizaru hyped weeble that says something.
6) WHY ON EARTH didn't we see jack vs the marines. I swear this better not be off-panelled.

7) I was hoping to see how Oda will bring the remnants of the whitebeard pirates back into the story. Now i can envision it. Although i didnt like the fact weeble was going after his late fathers allies and crew. Thats dodgy as bruhh!

Like he admited his hate for blackbeard. Only hoped he does something to blackbeard considering his been hyped soo much.
lol I thought of Turtle island too and for some reason Obelix from Asterix the Gaul when I saw Weeble. Maybe because of his brain and strength ratio, that braid and body type.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Zou reminded me of the Lionturtle island from Avatar.

Here we go. The Strawhats leave Fishman Island here.[ ]. While underwater, they catch this giant fish which hangs off the back of the ship. [ ]. When they resurface, the giant fish is still attached to their ship.[ ]. When they surface, the fish is still attached and roasted by the blazing hot water[ ]. They then immediately get a call from Kinemon on Punk Hazard[ ]. We know this is in the same frame of time because they're still wet from the rain in the panel when the fish is roasted, which is due to the fact that they are in seas affected by the weather of Punk Hazard, which is right in the immediate horizon.[ . Therefore, the fish was present with them in the time period they sailed from Fishman Island to Punk Hazard.

Film Z is set in between Punk Hazard and Fishman Island, which is absolutely impossible because, when they resurface from underwater, Punk Hazard is already right there[ ], evident by the fact they emerged in the same storm they were caught in when they got Kinemon's call and you can see the flames from PH on the water behind the whales. The lack of the giant fish in Film Z also shows the events of Film Z never happened. Film Z is not canon.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking of the giant Lion Turtle from Avatar the Last airbender
Well one of the Indian/HIndu mythological tale will tell you the earth is on the back of a large turtle. So I remember that first.. :p

Even more interesting:

You must be registered for see images

Although no Hindu ancient tradition used world elephants and this rumour of added elephants on top of turtle first time came up in 1599- someone translated Naga as elephant. :|

But still - earth on elephant's back- that idea too is 400 years old at least.

Lion turtle probably comes from the - wild guess.

and here is Obelix- just for fun:

Last edited:

Tobi98

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Zou reminded me of the Lionturtle island from Avatar.

Here we go. The Strawhats leave Fishman Island here.[ ]. While underwater, they catch this giant fish which hangs off the back of the ship. [ ]. When they resurface, the giant fish is still attached to their ship.[ ]. When they surface, the fish is still attached and roasted by the blazing hot water[ ]. They then immediately get a call from Kinemon on Punk Hazard[ ]. We know this is in the same frame of time because they're still wet from the rain in the panel when the fish is roasted, which is due to the fact that they are in seas affected by the weather of Punk Hazard, which is right in the immediate horizon.[ . Therefore, the fish was present with them in the time period they sailed from Fishman Island to Punk Hazard.

Film Z is set in between Punk Hazard and Fishman Island, which is absolutely impossible because, when they resurface from underwater, Punk Hazard is already right there[ ], evident by the fact they emerged in the same storm they were caught in when they got Kinemon's call and you can see the flames from PH on the water behind the whales. The lack of the giant fish in Film Z also shows the events of Film Z never happened. Film Z is not canon.
I think he means Film Z is not canon but the story behind it is, kinda like Strong World ain't canon but Shiki's whole backstory with Roger, Impel Down, Sengoku, etc is

Last edited:

LitzSabr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Weeble actually wanted to avenge whitebeard. Looks like a zombie from moria and obviously is tricked into thinking he is whitebeard's son, but he still wants to play his role as one.
Zou was the most interesting part of the chapter, we should be getting one exciting adventure tale from it. I doubt that no human has ever gone there before and since it's a thousand years old, we might just learn something more about the void century there.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Z was on a color spread which showed all the marines. I only take the backstory for the movies to be canon though, not the movies themselves.
That shows the character of Z is canon, not that the backstory itself is. It quite possibly is and Weeble may very well be the pirate they spoke off who cut off Z's arm, but to say it like confirmed fact right now would be erroneous, especially when canonicity of Film Z and the backstory is in dispute

LitzSabr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That shows the character of Z is canon, not that the backstory itself is. It quite possibly is and Weeble may very well be the pirate they spoke off who cut off Z's arm, but to say it like confirmed fact right now would be erroneous, especially when canonicity of Film Z and the backstory is in dispute
There was indeed a marine Z and there's doubt about his backstory being canon but it most likely is. However the one given us in the special chapter 0 has to be canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.